AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: sasuke reactions' to naruto's jutsu
*laughing hysterically* i'm still the stronger one.... 20 26.67%
Good job, I'm happy for you!!! *Gives Naruto a hug* 9 12.00%
Impressive, but don't think you're the only one with new jutsu 29 38.67%
*shocked* Impossible.....is this....the new naruto?! 17 22.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-01, 08:11   Link #21
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Sasuke already acknowledged Naruto as an equal in their last fight. I think if there's one thing that will really piss him off this time, it will be the fact that Naruto was able to match his power by following the "weak" path of sticking with his friends, without making any of the sacrifices that Sasuke did.
For Naruto the path doesnt matter he's got the nine tails and without it he's nothing. So you cant compare weak and strong paths.
Old 2007-02-01, 08:21   Link #22
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
For Naruto the path doesnt matter he's got the nine tails and without it he's nothing. So you cant compare weak and strong paths.
No, without it he's not nothing...without it he's just as good as the other genin/chuunin with the exception of those with bloodlines. Heck, he can handle the rasengan, which has nothing at all to do with the Kitsune. He has a bigger than average chakra pool (without the stupid fox) and the drive to excel...plus enough chakra control (not chakra amount...control) to pull off moves like the rasengan.
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 09:35   Link #23
Juruzu
Yondaime's Legacy

.. ppl might argue thats its because of the kitsune that he has a large chakra pool.. but then again we still dont know why he was chosen to be the container of the Kitsune... i think he does have a bloodline limit/ skill..
Juruzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 16:24   Link #24
Hage-bai
Banned

Sasuke will be bowing down to Naruto by the mangas end. If not, this manga deserves to be thrown in the scrap bin for all eternity. Naruto what?
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 00:30   Link #25
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juruzu View Post
.. ppl might argue thats its because of the kitsune that he has a large chakra pool.. but then again we still dont know why he was chosen to be the container of the Kitsune... i think he does have a bloodline limit/ skill..
I wouldn't think the Kitsune had any effect on his normal chakra pool, seeing as how the fox-chakra is seperate and distinct from it. Then again, I don't know...I suspect if his other abilities aren't natural, they have more to do with the 4th than the fox.
Old 2007-02-02, 00:49   Link #26
Jndmr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
And then Orochimaru will bee "OMGWTF!!!!!!11"

Anyway, I certainly hope Sasuke just doesn't trump it...it'd be stupid, plus it'd make their relationship even more Dragonball Z-ish. I hate it when they do stuff like that:
"I'm going to up my power by doing this!"
"Well, I'll up my power too, and it'll be more powerful than your power!"
"Oh yeah? Well, I'm uping my power AGAIN!"
"Yeah? Well I'll change forms into something that's just stronger than you!"
"Ha! I'm going to use this super-dooper own all move!"
"Well I'll negate it with my even superer-even dooperer move!"

...jeez...
Oh come on, i think its funny beside dragon ball is all about fighting and containue to be about fighting. Back to Naruto, i think their relationship is gonna be a repeat of the three sanin, but with a "happy ending".
Jndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 01:37   Link #27
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jndmr2 View Post
Oh come on, i think its funny beside dragon ball is all about fighting and containue to be about fighting. Back to Naruto, i think their relationship is gonna be a repeat of the three sanin, but with a "happy ending".
It was fine with their first major battle at the waterfall, but after that it's just annoying. Especially that bit about suppressing the Kitsune...there better be some damned good storytelling to make that be anything other than some evil Deus ex Machina designed to give Sasuke a fighting chance.

I know their relationship is similar to the sannin, but it's already sufficiently different enough that it's not really measurable.
Old 2007-02-02, 01:49   Link #28
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jndmr2 View Post
Meh, I think the Dragon Ball Z comparison is funny too but I'd hate to see Naruto go that route. I mean improvement is always great but I've always liked the show because of the character development as well. When it turns into everyone being the greatest thing since sliced bread it leaves little room for improvement and very likeable characters get forgotten. Plus it just gets boring. I hope this next confrontation between the two actually resolves some stuff.

As for the reaction from Sasuke, I'd tend to agree with a few posts saying he'll have a combination of those responses. I think it'll go down something like this: 1(dialogue where Sasuke tells Naruto he's now stronger after his training with Oro), 4(Naruto impressing Sasuke by showing that he's stronger as well), 3(Sasuke then does his new stuff to own Naruto, there may even be a trickle of blood by Naruto's mouth that he wipes off), 4 again(Naruto's music starts playing, and he either has a smirk where does something clever or a determined look and does something even greater and leaves Sasuke in awe), and I hope it would end with 2 since I would like to see Team 7 back together...but that is unlikely at best.
chaz017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 01:56   Link #29
Jndmr2

Sasuke will be impress, but his nature will not allow himself to be lower than Naruto...naruto will probly beat sasuke with his new tech and it will awakin the MS in sasuke to give him back the advange. Then the story goes on...and on...and on.
Jndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 04:05   Link #30
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
I wouldn't think the Kitsune had any effect on his normal chakra pool, seeing as how the fox-chakra is seperate and distinct from it. Then again, I don't know...I suspect if his other abilities aren't natural, they have more to do with the 4th than the fox.
It was stated by Kakashi and Jiraiya way back during the Chuunin exam that Naruto's huge chakra pool was due to the presence of the Kyubi over the years.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 05:06   Link #31
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It was stated by Kakashi and Jiraiya way back during the Chuunin exam that Naruto's huge chakra pool was due to the presence of the Kyubi over the years.
I'm pretty sure they weren't making distinctions between the Kitsune's chakra and Naruto's own chakra...

Last edited by Hentai Guy; 2007-02-02 at 05:07. Reason: Forgot an "s"
Old 2007-02-02, 19:35   Link #32
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Well you're wrong. Jiraiya precisely explained how the Kyubi's chakra was slowly mixing with Naruto's and Kakashi stated how the presence of the Kyubi was the root of both Naruto's abnormal stamina and sloopy chakra control.
Old 2007-02-02, 20:25   Link #33
Juruzu
Yondaime's Legacy

aww.. i knew this argument would come agen.. anways.. yeah we still dont know why he is chosen to hold the kyiuubi chakra.. i think theres somethins speial hidden within that story...
Juruzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 03:12   Link #34
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Well you're wrong. Jiraiya precisely explained how the Kyubi's chakra was slowly mixing with Naruto's and Kakashi stated how the presence of the Kyubi was the root of both Naruto's abnormal stamina and sloopy chakra control.
You know...I always found it interesting that Naruto's chakra control is toted as his biggest weakness...aside from when he was first learning to walk up walls (where Sasuke was having just as much trouble) and when Oro had sealed him, he's rarely demonstrated a lack of control (especially since he's able to do things like the rasengan and such...granted he needs extra hands, but keep in mind it's supposed to be a technique years in the learning...and learn to manipulate elemental chakra in a matter of hours)

As for his chakra pool...I honestly can't remember it being stated that the Kitsune was responsible for that. I do remember the bit about the stamina and control, although that wasn't the point I was debating. Quite frankly, I probably am mistaken as I haven't gone back that far in the story for a long time. *shrugs* If that is the case, then all discussion of what Naruto would have been is null seeing as we have absolutely no idea how his development would progress. Meh...
Old 2007-02-03, 07:56   Link #35
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Naruto's chakra control isn't his highest weakness by far, as Jiraiya said with such insane amount of chakra Naruto had to focus on power more than control.
Naruto isn't that good at chakra control but that also depends which kind of chakra control you're talking about.
He really sucks in building up and use a precise amount of chakra for a particular task (the chakra control where Sakura is best) but with his incredible stamina it doesn't matter.
He's not that good at Shape Manipulation which is why he needs a hand (either his own of his clones's) to move the chakra of the Rasengan and while he learned Elemental Manipulation in about 24 hours that was thanks to Kakashi's training : Virtually he would have needed about 3 years (which isn't that bad considering Kakashi's comment about it, seems like average).
So basically Naruto overcame his weakness thanks to huge stamina, KB tricks and thinking outside the box, the usual stuff.
You can find comment about Naruto's stamina and chakra related to the Kyubi chapter 90 and following.

Quote:
If that is the case, then all discussion of what Naruto would have been is null seeing as we have absolutely no idea how his development would progress. Meh...
Exactly.

And I shamefully just noticed that this thread is the one about Sasuke's reaction to the new Naruto so it's better if our off-topic ends right here.