AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-09-04, 04:39   Link #1
Likely

How do you make an AMV?

without illegally downloading some expensive program? im considering jumping on the bandwagon and maybe post some things on youtube, but i wanna do it the right way and not pirate any software. are there any decent free ones? if not what are the least expensive progs to get the job done?

thanks in advance.
Likely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 05:06   Link #2
Stofzuiger
Bubblewrap!!!

You could try windows movie maker, though I think if you want a "better" program, you will need something like Adobe Premiere, which is quite expensive .

I think you'd be off best beginning with WMM. But then again, I've never made an AMV, so what do I know
Stofzuiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 02:15   Link #3
Likely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stofzuiger
You could try windows movie maker, though I think if you want a "better" program, you will need something like Adobe Premiere, which is quite expensive .

I think you'd be off best beginning with WMM. But then again, I've never made an AMV, so what do I know
wmm doesnt seem to want to run correctly for me. im pretty computer literate but today was my first day on wmm, and of course problems ensue (perhaps simple ones). i can load single clip files to the timeline and can preview them once. however if i add multiple clips or music to the runner it locks up the entire program. also i cant begin to edit anything in the timeline without lockups either. if anything, wmm runs like a beta program that is unusable on my computer.

pertinent info:
wmm 5.1
klite codecs (2 years old), divx codec, and other misc codecs
p4 2.0/512mb dual channel/64mb 64bit nvidia agp

my pc runs fine otherwise. with the jumbo of codecs i got, playback on video usually isnt a prob. so any help on why wmm wont cooperate?
Old 2006-09-06, 01:33   Link #4
Likely

for anyone caring about this thread, i figured out most of the problems. it seems wmm doesnt like anything but wmv and dv-avis, hence all the crashing. and since most fansubs come in avi flavor they all need to be converted to wmv first before doing anything. ill try my hand at this for a bit but im going to buy roxio emc 8 off of ebay (pretty cheap for only about $30). plus emc is a set of programs i already have an overall familiarity with, even though it's far from the best. the pros all seem to love adobe premiere but dangit who has $800 to spring for that lol.