Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-04, 13:04   Link #401
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaloki View Post
he sounds like hayate of hayate no gotoku xD or kanon from umineko.. im not really familiar with the VAs harhar
Oh you were thinking of..

Ryoko Shirashi = Hayate
Yu Kobayashi = Kanon in Umineko

Sorry, I should have included more info. Shintaro Asanuma is the voice of Yoshiyuki in DCII. I just thought that it would match.

EDIT: Yukari Tamura as the black seppuku rabbit is giving me backlash of WHY DIDN'T SHE GET ALICE IN PH!!! grrr. Black rabbits...T_T

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 13:18   Link #402
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaloki View Post
he sounds like hayate of hayate no gotoku xD
Close. She actually voices Wataru in HnG.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 13:59   Link #403
NeoSam

Here's the cover of volume 10.5 of the shounen(boy's) light novel series Kenpufer (Kampfer):

Shounen light novel.
Published under the shounen light novel label MF Bunko J.
Released on: September 25th, 2009.

The 3rd volume of the seinen manga adaptation of this shounen light novel series:

Seinen manga.
Serialized in the seinen manga magazine Comic Alive.
Released on: September 23rd, 2009.

I'll update the first post of this thread with these covers...
Old 2009-10-04, 14:45   Link #404
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I'm wondering... for who has (red-haired) Akane the hots? Natsuru fem. version or is his male version?
Just from watching the OP, I'm going to guess she goes for his male version; nicely balancing Sakura going for his female version. I'll make a prediction, without having read the manga, that Akane ends up being the final love interest--because she will end up loving all of him, not just one side or the other. Check back in 12 weeks and see how close I came.
Old 2009-10-04, 17:42   Link #405
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei
Really? What makes you think that?
Well, I guess it's because I was watching the last episode of VC and this one back to back.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 18:15   Link #406
Jaden

The VAs are really carrying this anime on their backs, I think. That and the risqueness...can't wait to have some tentacles there.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 01:12   Link #407
Clarste
Human

This series screams "guilty pleasure". It's obviously designed for fanservice, in both the sexual way and the action way, but doesn't take itself too seriously so far so it all works. My only complaint is that his male voice is so girly. It doesn't seem to suit his body image, even if he is supposed to be a wimp.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 01:15   Link #408
Procris

Just finished watching the first episode and thought it was pretty good. I'm left with conflicting thoughts though (i'm sure you can guess why lol) xD

Edit: Yeah, really dislike Natsuru male voice. Doesn't fit him at all.

Last edited by Procris; 2009-10-05 at 01:59.
Procris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 01:19   Link #409
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billborden View Post
I'll make a prediction, without having read the manga, that Akane ends up being the final love interest--because she will end up loving all of him, not just one side or the other. Check back in 12 weeks and see how close I came.
If it's about "loving all of him", a different character than Akane would win the race

Anyway, I strongly doubt that we'll see any kind of real conclusion in the anime. The novels are still ongoing.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 01:41   Link #410
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
My only complaint is that his male voice is so girly. It doesn't seem to suit his body image, even if he is supposed to be a wimp.
True, Natsuru doesn't really look like a wimp...and his voice would fit someone a few grades lower, but you know what they say, "you'll get used to it"
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 01:49   Link #411
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

I'm taking back what I said earlier. Upon seeing the list of VAs, I'm positive that I'm going to stick to this series' till the end ;P

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 01:55   Link #412
Clarste
Human

Oh yeah, speaking of VAs, I didn't quite get the VA jokes. Were those actually the VAs for those characters, or was the joke that they weren't?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 02:32   Link #413
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Oh yeah, speaking of VAs, I didn't quite get the VA jokes. Were those actually the VAs for those characters, or was the joke that they weren't?
Those were the VAs.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 02:49   Link #414
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The VA so far

Natsuru Seno - Inoue Marina - Alicia (Valkyria Cron), Jessica (Umineko), Wataru (Hayate), Chiri (Setsubo Sensei)
Akane Mishima - Horie Yui - Tsubasa (Bakemonogatari), Maria (Umineko), Hanyu (Higurashi)
Kaede Sakura - Nakajima Megumi - Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)

Seppuku Kuro Usagi - Tamura Yukari - Ranpha (Galaxy Angel), Rika (Higurashi), Nanoha (Nanoha), Kazane (Sora Kake), also in Umineko as B. ^^
Harakiri Tora - Nomura Michiko - Shizuka (Doraemon)

Last edited by Secca; 2009-10-05 at 03:00.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 03:29   Link #415
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
The VAs are really carrying this anime on their backs, I think. That and the risqueness...can't wait to have some tentacles there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post
The VA so far

Natsuru Seno - Inoue Marina - Alicia (Valkyria Cron), Jessica (Umineko), Wataru (Hayate), Chiri (Setsubo Sensei)
Akane Mishima - Horie Yui - Tsubasa (Bakemonogatari), Maria (Umineko), Hanyu (Higurashi)
Kaede Sakura - Nakajima Megumi - Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)

Seppuku Kuro Usagi - Tamura Yukari - Ranpha (Galaxy Angel), Rika (Higurashi), Nanoha (Nanoha), Kazane (Sora Kake), also in Umineko as B. ^^
Harakiri Tora - Nomura Michiko - Shizuka (Doraemon)
Also:
Kanden Yamaneko - Nana Mizuki - Utau(shugo chara), Allison/Lilia (Allison & Lilia), Toma (Minami-ke)

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 05:34   Link #416
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Here's the cover of volume 10.5 of the shounen(boy's) light novel series Kenpufer (Kampfer):

Spoiler for big:

Shounen light novel.
Published under the shounen light novel label MF Bunko J.
Released on: September 25th, 2009.
Wait......so all the girls are hot for Natsuru?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The 3rd volume of the seinen manga adaptation of this shounen light novel series:

Spoiler for big:

Seinen manga.
Serialized in the seinen manga magazine Comic Alive.
Released on: September 23rd, 2009.

I'll update the first post of this thread with these covers...
OH WAIT, IS SHIZUKU SOME SORT OF MASOCHISTIC LESBIAN? I am so gonna love this show!!!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 06:38   Link #417
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Wait......so all the girls are hot for Natsuru?
Yep. Expect Natsuru to become a victim of predators. Hehe.

Quote:
OH WAIT, IS SHIZUKU SOME SORT OF MASOCHISTIC LESBIAN? I am so gonna love this show!!!
Where did THAT come from?!? O_o;

I mean, just look at the first episode. Shizuku will enjoy her share of cat and mouse games with Natsuru... but as the cat, not the mouse.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 06:56   Link #418
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Its kinda weird that only Natsuru has the one and only blue hair afaik among the guys and among the chars there...most i saw (excluding the Kampfer mode colour) were black or brownish hair.But really Natsuru's blueness stands so much to the point that its no longer a hint or expectation,its way too obvious that he/she will be the main victim in the series till the end lol.

Blue hair roxxxx *points at my sig and avatar*
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 08:45   Link #419
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Where did THAT come from?!? O_o;

I mean, just look at the first episode. Shizuku will enjoy her share of cat and mouse games with Natsuru... but as the cat, not the mouse.
See the second pic posted by Neosam. The chainsword is around Natsuru and Shizuku is placing her hands on his mountain of fat (while lifting her skirt)! This is the kind of female character we need!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 11:09   Link #420
FlashFumo
Wait, what?

Just watched the first episode. Very promising start. I guess I'll be following this one.
Oh, but Natsuru's male voice is unbearable.

Last edited by FlashFumo; 2009-10-05 at 11:22.
FlashFumo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen