AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-12-13, 18:37   Link #2041
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Streak will end tonight.

Yo Elo, what do you think of the Al Golden hiring in Miami?
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 18:53   Link #2042
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Well they presented the new Big Ten Logo and divisions.

http://www.bigten.org/genrel/121310aaa.html

I like the logo but it needs an outline border for more BAM!

The division names are a little wierd but you get used to em I think. They're playful like the old NHL division names I think. Like the Stagg-Paterno trophy name.
I liked the old logo better... but it'd be hard to put a 12 in it as opposed to the well known 11.
Old 2010-12-13, 21:42   Link #2043
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Well they presented the new Big Ten Logo and divisions.

http://www.bigten.org/genrel/121310aaa.html

I like the logo but it needs an outline border for more BAM!

The division names are a little wierd but you get used to em I think. They're playful like the old NHL division names I think. Like the Stagg-Paterno trophy name.
I think that they're all terrible. The logo, the division names, the trophy names... Awful, all of it. And I'm a PSU fan and I think the Stagg-Paterno Trophy is a bad name.

This is ridiculous. How could the Big 10 mess this up so badly?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 21:58   Link #2044
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I love my Ravens but damn, the Texans are a sorry team.
Old 2010-12-13, 22:16   Link #2045
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
They need a defense to help them out for games like this. Since they've come into the league in 2002, the best defensive ranking in points allowed they've ever had is 15th. That's not bad, but it's not great. And I think that was in 2006 or something. I don't remember. And they've only been in the top twenty once other than that instance.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 23:47   Link #2046
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Lol it's tied up at 28 now. It looks like it's gunna go to overtime. Suddenly a good game.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 23:49   Link #2047
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Ruh roh, tied up.

Edit: Ravens got that off.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-12-14 at 00:01.
Old 2010-12-14, 00:36   Link #2048
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well, GG to Brett Favre. 297 and over 300 if you count playoffs. Tough guy, gunslinger, legend...well, he's done it all except repeat in the super bowl.

Honestly, NBC needs to sign him for Sunday Night football to sit there with Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy. That or maybe on CBS if Cowher takes another coaching gig. Honestly though, if Brett Favre just leaves the TV screen for good, that'd really really suck.

Looks like Peyton will need to play to be as old as Favre in order to break his record. I suppose it can be done, but then again, Peyton Manning's an utter sissy and capital W Wuss compared to Brett Favre, who regularly took all sorts of punishing blows day in day out.

Sheesh...the old man needs a nice, long vacation.

And then he needs to come back on TV as a sportscaster.

Edit: in the meantime though, can't ask the vikings to do a damn thing about Big Blue. Tavaris Jackson just became #6 on the KO'd QBs list. Eep. I'm hoping Michael Vick won't be #7 on that one. (And considering his number is 7 and noticing how lax the refs are on hits on Vick...yeesh...here's to hoping the Eagles can survive the trip to the meadowlands relatively intact).
Old 2010-12-14, 00:44   Link #2049
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Ruh roh, tied up.

Edit: Ravens got that off.
The kick-off return aside, it was another terrible second performance for the Ravens. Three straight games without a point in the second half. Un-f#¢&12Q-believable! 9-4 feels okay but I'm having doubts about this team making a Super Bowl and I'm usually very optimistic.

Quote:
Yo Elo, what do you think of the Al Golden hiring in Miami?
Not to sure what to make of it right now. I've read he did good things at Temple but he'll be under a ton of pressure at Miami. Like I've said for a while now, talent development will be key. The Hurricanes were successful in the early 2000s without the four and five-star recruits they're getting commitments from now. The difference? Coaching.
Old 2010-12-14, 02:22   Link #2050
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Well, GG to Brett Favre. 297 and over 300 if you count playoffs. Tough guy, gunslinger, legend...well, he's done it all except repeat in the super bowl.

Honestly, NBC needs to sign him for Sunday Night football to sit there with Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy. That or maybe on CBS if Cowher takes another coaching gig. Honestly though, if Brett Favre just leaves the TV screen for good, that'd really really suck.

Looks like Peyton will need to play to be as old as Favre in order to break his record. I suppose it can be done, but then again, Peyton Manning's an utter sissy and capital W Wuss compared to Brett Favre, who regularly took all sorts of punishing blows day in day out.

Sheesh...the old man needs a nice, long vacation.

And then he needs to come back on TV as a sportscaster.

Edit: in the meantime though, can't ask the vikings to do a damn thing about Big Blue. Tavaris Jackson just became #6 on the KO'd QBs list. Eep. I'm hoping Michael Vick won't be #7 on that one. (And considering his number is 7 and noticing how lax the refs are on hits on Vick...yeesh...here's to hoping the Eagles can survive the trip to the meadowlands relatively intact).
It's time for Brett Favre to just go away. The entire football world is tired of him.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 09:20   Link #2051
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
It's time for Brett Favre to just go away. The entire football world is tired of him.
Ohh come on u know u like Brett Favre!

Damn Texans, U come back just 2 throw a pick 6 all that work for nothing!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 11:42   Link #2052
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Christ, that Vikings-Giants game was painful to watch, except for the running game of the Giants. Hard to believe this team leads the league in turnovers on offense yet also causes the most turnovers from opponents. Eli Manning needs to sharpen up - he's leading the league in interceptions and he's lucky the Giants aren't getting punished by stronger opposition. Yet they could end up with the #2 seed in their conference if they beat Philadelphia, who have awesome offense but terrible defense. As for Minnesota - if Tavaris Jackson is the future QB of the Vikings, they are utterly screwed. Even more than that collapsing roof.

Beginning to wonder if anyone can legitimately challenge New England now. Ever since Cleveland upset them, they've really gone to a whole new level on all sections of their team. Hmm, maybe Atlanta are it at this rate. The Packers look doomed to miss out on the playoffs if Rodgers isn't back by next week.

Tampa Bay got out of jail against Washington...how the hell does Washington miss 3 easy field goals like that?! Still wondering how on earth someone does it that many times from such short range....
Old 2010-12-14, 13:34   Link #2053
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Vikings will probably draft a QB fresh out of college. Tavaris is on the last year of his contract, so I guess this is essentially a try-out.
Old 2010-12-14, 14:48   Link #2054
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Vikings will probably draft a QB fresh out of college. Tavaris is on the last year of his contract, so I guess this is essentially a try-out.
Currently they're projected to pick twelfth. That might get them a decent prospect. Last year Bradford went first, but then Tebow didn't get picked until 25th. This site's mock draft has the Vikes picking Arkansas's Ryan Mallett; the author notes that he previously had Cam Newton in this slot, but he's moved Newton up to the 49er's pick.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 16:02   Link #2055
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
But could New Orleans do it in the snow against the Bears at Solider Field? I tired of sounding like a hater, so I'll have a civil discussion with you. In my opinion New Orleans has been a good team this season, but at the same time they have also had a very light schedule. They gotten to play the NFC West, so that is a huge boost. They did beat Pittsburgh, but other than that who else? Tampa Bay one could say, but at the same time Tampa Bay hasn't beaten a team with a winning record all season. The last three games will tell a lot about where this team really stands. They'll probably make wild card and play an NFC West team I'm guessing. There very well could be a rematch against the Saints and 49ers at Candlestick.
I love my team, but I wanna avoid that piece of $hit playing surface in Chicago by all means…If we have to play in a $hitfield blizzard, obviously my confidence won’t be as high…We’ve surprisingly done well in recent cold weather games, but overall our team cannot play the type of game it wants to in absurd cold conditions…We’re just not built for that $hit…

As for the rest, nobody knew Cincinnati was gonna be bad, nobody knew Dallas would be bad (Dallas was SB-favorite)…People thought the Phoneyniners were gonna be good..

The Saints are only the 3rd team out of the last 11 SB winners to win 10 games the next season…Historically it’s always tuff getting back to the playoffs off a SB so that’s something to be credited if and when we ultimately do so...You telling me of the 4 SB titles the niners got that they didn’t once have a “dud” schedule that just happened to be more manageable? This is the luck of the draw sometimes, but you still have to play the games; win the games, and winning in the NFL ain’t easy…The NFL champion generally has to face to division winners of the previous season…Who knew all the division winners (Dallas, Cincy, Minn., Arz [our worst lost by far) would all be terrible?) In this new era of parity things like this will happen, but we still won the games, we still did enough to win and we’re still winning....

Atlanta has to play all the same “washed up” teams as us, they just happened to play the perceived better teams early…Discounting the Panthers game, ATL had won by less than 7 points in every game during their streak, that makes them great? . We blewout Tampa Bay and beat Pitts by double digits…They got blownout by a Vickless Philly and beat by a Pitts team without Ben Roethlisberger…If Garret Heartley makes a 29 yd FG in overtime we’re the team to beat and ATL is chasing us….So I feel good about our chances even if we lose one of the next 2, because despite whatever shortcoming we may have, we put 30 points on the board like it’s cake and other than the Eagles nobody in the NFC can do that…I pray we face ATL in the G-dome during the playoffs over any snow games (Philly or Chicago) because if ATL no-scoring a$$ is the worst team we have to worry about, we’re in great position…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Brees has to stop turning over the ball if the Saints want any chance to repeat. He's tied with Palmer and Favre with 18INTS. On the bright side he does complete 69% of his passes. He's accurate but needs to make better decisions throwing the ball.
Yeah the INT’s numbers do look bad, but a good deal of them came in the first part of the season before Chris Ivory emerged as our RB with Bush and Thomas out and Drew was throwing the $hit outta the ball…He had 2 really bad games against Cleveland and ARZ, but since then most of his INT’s have been dropped or tipped passes...Or in the case of the Seattle game “garbage time” throws…He’s thrown atleast 1 in the last 6 games, so it’s definitely an issue, but Drew is just as likely to have one of those sick 28-32 completion type games which will overshoot an INT…Like life, INT’s are all about timing and Drew hasn’t thrown many IF ANY during crunchtime drives…Most of his INT’s come when we are up 14+ and we’re trying to step on teams throats…So it is what it is, but I’d hope his INT streak ends this week…
Old 2010-12-14, 16:35   Link #2056
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Currently they're projected to pick twelfth. That might get them a decent prospect. Last year Bradford went first, but then Tebow didn't get picked until 25th. This site's mock draft has the Vikes picking Arkansas's Ryan Mallett; the author notes that he previously had Cam Newton in this slot, but he's moved Newton up to the 49er's pick.
Heh, I use Walter's site all the time. I hate his personality, though.
Old 2010-12-14, 18:17   Link #2057
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I love my team, but I wanna avoid that piece of $hit playing surface in Chicago by all means…If we have to play in a $hitfield blizzard, obviously my confidence won’t be as high…We’ve surprisingly done well in recent cold weather games, but overall our team cannot play the type of game it wants to in absurd cold conditions…We’re just not built for that $hit…

As for the rest, nobody knew Cincinnati was gonna be bad, nobody knew Dallas would be bad (Dallas was SB-favorite)…People thought the Phoneyniners were gonna be good..

The Saints are only the 3rd team out of the last 11 SB winners to win 10 games the next season…Historically it’s always tuff getting back to the playoffs off a SB so that’s something to be credited if and when we ultimately do so...You telling me of the 4 SB titles the niners got that they didn’t once have a “dud” schedule that just happened to be more manageable? This is the luck of the draw sometimes, but you still have to play the games; win the games, and winning in the NFL ain’t easy…The NFL champion generally has to face to division winners of the previous season…Who knew all the division winners (Dallas, Cincy, Minn., Arz [our worst lost by far) would all be terrible?) In this new era of parity things like this will happen, but we still won the games, we still did enough to win and we’re still winning....

Atlanta has to play all the same “washed up” teams as us, they just happened to play the perceived better teams early…Discounting the Panthers game, ATL had won by less than 7 points in every game during their streak, that makes them great? . We blewout Tampa Bay and beat Pitts by double digits…They got blownout by a Vickless Philly and beat by a Pitts team without Ben Roethlisberger…If Garret Heartley makes a 29 yd FG in overtime we’re the team to beat and ATL is chasing us….So I feel good about our chances even if we lose one of the next 2, because despite whatever shortcoming we may have, we put 30 points on the board like it’s cake and other than the Eagles nobody in the NFC can do that…I pray we face ATL in the G-dome during the playoffs over any snow games (Philly or Chicago) because if ATL no-scoring a$$ is the worst team we have to worry about, we’re in great position…
I know. New Orleans just isn't a tough team when it comes to playing outside their warm dome. They'd get killed in Chicago like the last time in the playoffs. This is why dome teams historically don't do that great the majority of the team in the postseason. They can't handle cold weather.

As for the 49ers during their Super Bowl runs, they still had to beat the difficult teams when they got to playoffs. Five (We won five trophies, get your math correct) times they proved they could do it, regardless of playing in the NFC West.

Everything I said about New Orleans is true. The only team they've beaten this year that is for real is Pittsburgh. Those are the facts. Doesn't matter if Garrett Heartley did this or that, or Atlanta played other teams that weren't thought of to be better or any other mantra you want to try to spin. The facts are the facts. By the way you're forgetting the Packers and Atlanta as far as teams that can put up 30 points in the NFC. The Falcons even rank higher in points per game than the Saints.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-12-14, 18:30   Link #2058
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The sloppy natural grass field in Chicago will slow us down morso than the weather, unless it's epic....We've actually won our last 4 below 40 degree games, but bad weather on a bad feild is worst...OBVIOUSLY being a dome team we'd like to avoid that, but I doubt this Chicago team would beat us down....

As for the rest, I'm just making a case...I never said this or that wasn't a fact, just making the argument why I don't think our schedule has much to do with how good we are or can be right now...
Old 2010-12-14, 18:46   Link #2059
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
The sloppy natural grass field in Chicago will slow us down morso than the weather, unless it's epic....We've actually won our last 4 below 40 degree games, but bad weather on a bad feild is worst...OBVIOUSLY being a dome team we'd like to avoid that, but I doubt this Chicago team would beat us down....

As for the rest, I'm just making a case...I never said this or that wasn't a fact, just making the argument why I don't think our schedule has much to do with how good we are or can be right now...
Stop complaining about the field. The 49ers excelled on natural grass in San Francisco for years. This is football. Not everything is going to be perfect. That includes the gridiron.

I think a schedule has everything to do with it. Tampa Bay hasn't beaten a team with a winning record this year, yet they're on the verge of going to the playoffs. That doesn't scream "for real" to me. New Orleans have the crown for now, so they deserve the benefit of the doubt. But like I said, the next few games will tell us something.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-12-14, 19:17   Link #2060
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I didn't see the field in Chicago having much effect on the Patriots receiving corps or on Green-Ellis. Did you?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports