AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-28, 07:04   Link #1
sayde

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 466 Discussion

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
Translated spoilers will probably be available soon. Hopefully we can enjoy this weeks discussion.
Old 2011-09-28, 08:53   Link #2
kakakka

Chapter out.

Spoiler for 466:
Old 2011-09-28, 09:02   Link #3
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So Chapter 466 is "Wiping the Floor with Them Fullbringers' Faces, Part 2".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-28, 09:05   Link #4
kitten320

Ain't it like part 4 or 5 already? Seriously, doesn't Kubo have anything better to do? He could've easily taken a month break instead of wasting time like that!
Old 2011-09-28, 09:08   Link #5
kakakka

Part 4 to be exact.

It's kind of funny, I like this wiping than what happened back in FKT
Old 2011-09-28, 09:15   Link #6
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
It's kind of funny, I like this wiping than what happened back in FKT
Well, of course. I breezed through the Substitute Shinigami Arc and I still feel that the Fullbringers should be taught a lesson on powerlevels picking someone out of their league.

I wonder though, why haven't the Fullbringers succumbed to exposure to Captain-level reiatsu by now? I guess that the Shinigami have their limiters on, and it just proves that the Shinigami are practically fighting with a handicap against buffed Fullbringers...

...and they still get whooped bad.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-09-28 at 09:31. Reason: woops, missed that one.
Old 2011-09-28, 09:28   Link #7
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I wonder though, why haven't the Fullbringers succumbed to exposure to Captain-level reiatsu by now? I guess that the Shinigami have their limiters on, and it just proves that the are practically fighting with a handicap against buffed Fullbringers...
Not well-versed in Bleach universe when it comes to that, but I think if the captains are up to it, they could strain the Fullbringers if they manifest their reatsu. I haven't seen them charge up or anything like that, so the Fullbringers are still fine (which is I think is intentional, since they are in human realm(?))
Old 2011-09-28, 09:40   Link #8
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Toshiro just trolled the minecraft kid...fun.

Is Kubo really trying to make us feel bad for the FB guys now?

"Derp! We were abandoned so our actions are totally justified..."

That and I loved the

"Captains are just Elite that grow up pampered in a warm and nice environment."

He forgot the part where their job is to kill monsters that would make every fullbringer shit bricks...

Shows how much they know about their opponents...I have a feeling Ginju just told them "Oh no, don't worry, Captains are totally pussies."
Then again he wasn't really expecting the shinigami to show up...
Old 2011-09-28, 09:43   Link #9
LazyHunter

Why did Kubo create the Fullbringers for, anyway? Now I'm sure there must be a bigger fish using them because none of them are a match to the shinigami (except Tsukishima's Book of the End, and even he was slower than Ichigo with Complete Fullbring and had to retort to using Orihime and Chad).
I hope the anime extends these fights a bit.
Old 2011-09-28, 09:46   Link #10
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
I hope the anime extends these fights a bit.
I actually don't (though I rarely watch the anime due to filler)
The fact that they are eliminating them so easily is the whole point, if the fights lasted longer it would make the FBs look like more worthy opponents.
Old 2011-09-28, 09:51   Link #11
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I dunno, probably the main reason why the Fullbringers were created is because Kubo wants to check out the possibility of humans who are similar in nature to Chad and Orihime.

From what I see, those two have an impassable wall to climb before they can be truly at par with the Shinigami. Just like what Aizen explained, there are certain dimensions to power; he once tried surpassing the dimension of the Shinigami, which is higher than the Human dimension, but Ichigo was able to surpass even Aizen's dimension... for some time.

So this is practically what happens to Chad and Orihime if they truly sided with their pride.
A bad end, of course.

Old 2011-09-28, 10:02   Link #12
Langus
Optimus Prime

Meh. I'll be skipping this one too. I'll go back to reading it once Kubo gets his head on straight and tosses Rukia back into the mix.
Old 2011-09-28, 10:04   Link #13
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
From what I see, those two have an impassable wall to climb before they can be truly at par with the Shinigami.
They already did surpass Shinigamis. Its been shown in SS arc. But to surpass the Captains, that's something. And it wouldn't be easy. Captain's role is to be strong. It's their description from the start. If Orihime and Chad surpass them, I wonder what it would be for SS if people like them pops up and grouped against the Shinigamis (Not FKT style though, but then again...)

The moment the Captains and VC with Bankais showed up, I know the FB are done. So far, it's going okay (the pacing is bad, but not like its ever going to change).
Old 2011-09-28, 10:21   Link #14
haegar
mangaviking

lol @ langus

Not exactly a greatly moving chapter but miss boots kinda surprised me there not completely being a bitch, I liked that (also cause she speeds things up by dying )

minecraft kid having such a bad childhood kinda makes one weep though considering the sheer amount of empty cliche it is :/

as for why the Fullbrings were made by Kubo , in truth, Fullbringers are Proxys.
Well, do't go overboard, I don't mean to imply icredibly cool characters with depth and psychology as in ERGO PROXY ... more like "proxy" as in "placeholder" ... one thing "substituting" for another, say like a substitute-character during the time Kubo takes to come up with new stuff on already established characters... Maybe he got the idea from his own story - if you can have a "substitute shinigami", why not have "substitute characters"? I mean he has been running on "substitute plot" for some time already, so why not substitute characters in a substitute plot about the prior substitute shinigami substituting for boss-antagonist?

though hopefully Ginju will turn out to be a little bit more than just that after all, and maybe Tsukushima too ...btw they rly should be shown again next chap lest it gets a tad stretched here ^^
Old 2011-09-28, 10:25   Link #15
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post

minecraft kid having such a bad childhood kinda makes one weep though considering the sheer amount of empty cliche it is :/
"Derp, I was neglected by my parents so I ruined their lives and made them kill themselves. Ain't I a stinker?"

Yes...I weep for that innocent boy...
Old 2011-09-28, 10:26   Link #16
kakakka

Not exactly touching story, tbh. That such poor excuse for a character.
Old 2011-09-28, 10:29   Link #17
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
"Derp, I was neglected by my parents so I ruined their lives and made them kill themselves. Ain't I a stinker?"

Yes...I weep for that innocent boy...
ah sry dude you failed to grasp the irony: what I meant was the kid's story is so cliche lame it makes you weep, not I feel with the kid so much that I have to weep
Old 2011-09-28, 10:34   Link #18
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
ah sry dude you failed to grasp the irony: what I meant was the kid's story is so cliche lame it makes you weep, not I feel with the kid so much that I have to weep
Some things don't translate as well over the interwebz :|
Old 2011-09-28, 11:40   Link #19
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Just more of the same. Fullbringers getting raped. Another chapter that's essentially a massive waste of panels.
Old 2011-09-28, 13:46   Link #20
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Heh, I knnew renji was gonna spare her. Yay gender card :P