AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-14, 07:03   Link #21
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Didn't the first game sell sufficiantly well in both the US and Japan, plus all the great ratings? I figured a release on all consoles was a definite thing.
Yes, but it wasn't until retailers marked it as a bombed title, meaning no ps360 gamer wanted to buy it at full price. So the core people who bought it around lauch are really small anyways. The bulk of them were just chancers, who probably won't buy Bayonetta 2 at full price on any console anyways.
Great ratings does not guarantees good sells, and high shipped units doesn't necessary means making any profit.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 07:15   Link #22
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I played Bayonetta, and i liked it,also my friends liked this game, and WTF is with this, why Microsoft and sony can't believe in this game??!!!
Old 2012-09-14, 07:27   Link #23
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Real disappointed since i only have an Xbox 360, and honestly (probably just me) can't see myself to buy a whole new console just to play a game.

Even if it's Bayonetta
Old 2012-09-14, 08:02   Link #24
Iron Maw
Banned

Looks like I will have to buy a Wii U someday now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Real disappointed since i only have an Xbox 360, and honestly (probably just me) can't see myself to buy a whole new console just to play a game.

Even if it's Bayonetta
Well, if you liked Xenoblade, Monolithsoft seems to be cooking up something there too. That said, even with this announcement I won't get day one. Probably down the line at one point though.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-09-14 at 08:19.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 08:47   Link #25
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

Even if it's Bayonetta
Well, it is always wise to wait for the second batch if you can. I don't think there was ever a console anywhere that had issue-free hardware on release.
Old 2012-09-14, 10:10   Link #26
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Well, it is always wise to wait for the second batch if you can. I don't think there was ever a console anywhere that had issue-free hardware on release.
Nintendo is actually usually pretty good. There's a reason their hardware is said to be made of Nintendium. Never had an issue with, them onsole wise. Handhelds not so much. AT least DS, gameboy was borderline indestructable, that was litterally bomb proof.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:14   Link #27
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Say, anyone tried anything apart from Platinum besides Bayonetta ? Might be one of the reason why they choose to side jump ship here.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:15   Link #28
Tenchi Hou Take

I played Vanquish and that was pure awesome plan to pick up anarchy also. This is good news for platinum anyway, hope Vanquish 2 gets made.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:21   Link #29
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Vanquish gets great reviews, but for some reason it didn't get the attention of people. Price dropped relatively quickly for it.

Max Anarchy kinda flopped in Japan because it's so multiplayer-centric.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 10:57   Link #30
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Posting it in its own thread:

Old 2013-06-11, 11:26   Link #31
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh my god... It's

Looks a shit ton better than the last, character design and story wise so far. (still too DMC4y background for me tho)

Bayo's new hair is awesome, the outfit at 1:30 is awesome too. they seemed to die down on the fetish shit too. Please no lolipops -_-
Old 2013-06-11, 11:27   Link #32
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Nintendo is actually usually pretty good. There's a reason their hardware is said to be made of Nintendium. Never had an issue with, them onsole wise. Handhelds not so much. AT least DS, gameboy was borderline indestructable, that was litterally bomb proof.
The Gamecube technically had issues reading discs after 2-3 years, but then again even that was easy to fix by recalibrating the lens.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 11:49   Link #33
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Say, anyone tried anything apart from Platinum besides Bayonetta ? Might be one of the reason why they choose to side jump ship here.
Platinum Games was never locked on any platform unlike other developers. Their initial title was MadWorld which was on the Wii, followed by Infinite Space on the DS before going multiplatform with Bayonetta, Vanquish, Arnarchy Reign & Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

Never tried MadWorld but Infinite Space was pretty damn good sci fi RPG. Vanquish is pretty good and fun as well for their first foray into action shooter, definitely worth trying.

Bayonetta 2 is on Wii U mostly because of the Sega - Nintendo deal, Sega still owns the franchise. I believe Platinum is also contracted by Nintendo for The Wonderful 101 for the Wii U.

I don't think Platinum jumped ship, it's more of a business decision when it comes to their choice of platform
Old 2013-06-11, 14:34   Link #34
Chase

This is all I wanted from Nintendo at E3 and they came threw so im happy. Time to watch the trailer for the 32nd time already and wait for that Gamersyde quality of course
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2013-06-11 at 14:52.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 15:56   Link #35
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oh my god... It's

Looks a shit ton better than the last, character design and story wise so far. (still too DMC4y background for me tho)

Bayo's new hair is awesome, the outfit at 1:30 is awesome too. they seemed to die down on the fetish shit too. Please no lolipops -_-
What you're sexist against her Lolipops too? Those were her healing items man. Geez man you're phobia against Bayonetta knows no bounds.

Personally I think Bayonetta looks like a Dyke with her random short hair but who cares it's just hair besides I have a feeling there's a reason behind the look and the source is the earrings, but Joan with long hair just looks weird. Gameplay wise looks just like the original sweet sweet gameplay of the prequel and that makes me happy.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 16:14   Link #36
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Gameplay wise looks just like the original sweet sweet gameplay of the prequel and that makes me happy.
the fact that it's WiiU exclusive does not
I just hope that other companies that didn't want to fund and saw potential to this game would fawn over Bayonetta 2

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 18:41   Link #37
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
What you're sexist against her Lolipops too? Those were her healing items man. Geez man you're phobia against Bayonetta knows no bounds.

Personally I think Bayonetta looks like a Dyke with her random short hair but who cares it's just hair besides I have a feeling there's a reason behind the look and the source is the earrings, but Joan with long hair just looks weird. Gameplay wise looks just like the original sweet sweet gameplay of the prequel and that makes me happy.
hating stripper pop's is better than calling a woman a dyke because of MEDIUM short hair. I happen to think it looks better than that idiotic tower of hair she had in 1. Agree on Joan with long hair tho. >_> just doesn't suit her, I liked her old hair.
Old 2013-06-11, 20:04   Link #38
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post

Mmmmmm that was beautiful.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 21:56   Link #39
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post

truly a game worth getting, have to say liking jeanne's new look, but not so much beyonetta's though
Old 2013-06-11, 22:09   Link #40
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
hating stripper pop's is better than calling a woman a dyke because of MEDIUM short hair. I happen to think it looks better than that idiotic tower of hair she had in 1. Agree on Joan with long hair tho. >_> just doesn't suit her, I liked her old hair.
I didn't see her hair reaching her shoulders. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't shoulder length hair concerned medium while above the shoulders but fair enough to reach the neck considered short?

Bah!! Again who cares at least we can both agree that Joan's looks weird with long hair all of sudden. Either way as I mentioned before story wise there appears to be a reason behind the hair swap, so I'm willing to be open minded about it, and besides there will obviously be extra costumes of their original look for players who just can't get over their looks anyway.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment

Last edited by DingoEnderZOE2; 2013-06-11 at 23:20.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote