AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-14, 22:26   Link #261
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Love how Lunatic flies via bursts of flame. Makes him a hard target to hit since he can burst his way out of the line of fire. They made him very unique compared to someone with a similar power like Fire Emblem, which I like. Also Fire crossbow = FTW
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 23:08   Link #262
Yuutsu

"Who's sake do you think I'm doing this for?!"

*wink wink nudge nudge*
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 00:32   Link #263
satomianzaki

^ ahaha..i too wonder what that means...hmmm...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 01:25   Link #264
TrueKnight

Okay. Another good ep and an action packed one to boot. Nice action sequence between Barnaby and Lunatic. Blue Rose has a thing for Tiger lol.... Saito forcing Tiger to sleep in the cube while yelling at him was also priceless. I also think that Tiger's wife is already dead, considering the how he relates Barnaby's parents death and his family picture.

Lunatic reminded me of a tv series back in the early nineties called ‘Dark Justice’, its about a vigilante judge who’s enforcing justice outside the law. I don’t think Lunatic is a part of Ouroboros, rather maybe he also lost his loved ones like Barbaby thats why he’s been killing criminals like no tomorrow. Like the kid said, ‘Criminals should all be killed’. Seems the opposite of Tiger who kind of a liberal and an avid believer over human right, eventhough you're a criminal.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 02:21   Link #265
TAKOYAKI

bunny.....

TAKOYAKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 02:36   Link #266
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

I like how the judge at the end's tie matches Lunatic's fire
Old 2011-05-15, 02:36   Link #267
satomianzaki

talk about 5 pairs of glasses with same design...hahaha...

btw, very nice episode overall...and the CEO of tiger & bunny's company is a really nice man...hope all bosses are like him...really knows how to appreciate their subordinates...

now can't wait for the next one...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 03:54   Link #268
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
talk about 5 pairs of glasses with same design...hahaha...

btw, very nice episode overall...and the CEO of tiger & bunny's company is a really nice man...hope all bosses are like him...really knows how to appreciate their subordinates...

now can't wait for the next one...
For all we know he could be Mr. Legend.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 04:07   Link #269
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
"Who's sake do you think I'm doing this for?!"

*wink wink nudge nudge*
Tsundere to the max.

I support the pairing.
Old 2011-05-15, 04:42   Link #270
Jarmel

Ok I'm really starting to like this. Now we have differing versions of what it means to be a hero and what exactly is justice. Really liking the road this could head down.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 09:19   Link #271
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Tsundere to the max.

I support the pairing.
Is this why we suddenly have a "tsundere" tag for the thread?
And I dunno guys, I still think that Kotetsu's wife is alive (simply because I don't see any real reason to think she's NOT alive, although the focus on the photograph was significant). He was wearing his wedding ring a few episodes back, true some people still wear one after their spouse dies but I'm just going to take all of this at face value for the moment.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 14:04   Link #272
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
To be fair, Bunny-chan is pretty tsundere as well.

Quote:
And I dunno guys, I still think that Kotetsu's wife is alive (simply because I don't see any real reason to think she's NOT alive, although the focus on the photograph was significant). He was wearing his wedding ring a few episodes back, true some people still wear one after their spouse dies but I'm just going to take all of this at face value for the moment.
I think its pretty likely that she is no longer alive. It hasn't been outright stated, but it has been heavily hinted at. This episode effectively confirms it with the shot of the photo while talking about the death of Bunny's family.

---

On an entirely separate note, did anyone else notice that Blue Rose seems a lot more badass since her character development episode? She didn't so much as flinch while kicking ass in this episode, a far cry from her "cutie escape."
Old 2011-05-15, 14:46   Link #273
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That fight was orgasmic. And here I thought such amazingly animated fights were only reserved for shit like Infinite Stratos. This was one hell of an episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 14:53   Link #274
Zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
On an entirely separate note, did anyone else notice that Blue Rose seems a lot more badass since her character development episode? She didn't so much as flinch while kicking ass in this episode, a far cry from her "cutie escape."
I'd like to think that, but since the entire thing was staged, there wasn't much of anything for her to worry about. I'm curious to see what she will act like in real situations now.
Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 16:36   Link #275
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

And low and behold, a series (other than gundam) that brings me back to animesuki.

Not too much to say that has been said up to this point by others: it's a great subversion of the superhero genre without going cynical or jaded, and now that the story's picked up we've even gotten a sweet fight sequence.

General agreement that Kotesu's an awesome guy. Seeing his relationships with everyone else is half the fun. Is Blue Rose looking out for a mentor-figure despite her hijinks at his expense, or do we have some teenage crushing? (Personally hope nothing comes of it if it is.) All the others are interesting and I'm curious to see where they go as well: I wonder if some of the idealists (Sky High, Dragon Kid) have any ties/admiration from Old Man Tiger.

Next episode's preview looks like Origami Cyclone episode. Trying to find him each episode is half the fun.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 18:20   Link #276
Jehuty

This series has gone from something I was REALLY unsure of, to something I seriously look forward to seeing each week.

The fight scene was badass. And I tell you, the more I look at Tiger's suit, the more I am reminded of Weltall from Xenogears. Love it.
Old 2011-05-15, 19:28   Link #277
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 7:
Old 2011-05-15, 19:54   Link #278
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Well the kid is living with Tiger's mother and the wife is not shown at home. His mother didn't mention her and the kid looks pretty adjusted ruling out divorce. I vote for wife is deceased.
Old 2011-05-16, 01:43   Link #279
ReddyRedWolf

Lunatic is a nice contrast to the sanctioned corporate sponsored heroes. He takes the law in his hands as a vigilante while heroes are deputized citizens working under the law.

The special court handing fines for damages on Tiger shows a system set up to handle registered heroes.

Which makes one wonder if there is a Next registration.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 04:44   Link #280
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Yeah, this is what I've been waiting for. I haven't seen an action sequence like that since Kallen and Suzuka's mecha battles in Geass. Sunrise knows what they're doing. Lunatic has a cool concept to his character and I can't wait to see what he's gonna do next. I found the Sleeping bit hilarious. Saito is creepy, but funny. I liked how Blue Rose pulled an Iceman during the rescue and Tiger's Ginyu force pose with Karina is full of win.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2011-05-16 at 05:03.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere