Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-21, 08:29   Link #4941
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Translation: "Shinn really didn't beat me. I lost."
Oh god yes, Shinn (And Rey to a extent) really outsmarted Kira in that battle. Imo. Kira lost because he didn't fully focus on Shinn and didn't kill him when he had the chance to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Funky translation: I’m da BOSS here! Know your place, you Foo!
Shinn-chan, i-it's not like you could beat me if i t-tried, baka :*

God Kira is such a tsundere
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 08:58   Link #4942
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
God Kira is such a tsundere
Uh, I don't think so.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 09:08   Link #4943
I Fail at Life

There were no Great Fights in Destiny. There were no Good Fights in Destiny. IMO there was only 1 decent/genuine fight, and what is that you may ask? Kira vs Shinn the first time in their Respected New Suits. No Distractions, No Bull , No Nerfing, No Stock Footage, just both pilots going at it. And Freedom vs Impulse(oh how im getting tired of talking about this bull) wasn't even a fight. It was one pilot throwing shilouette and body parts, and the other pilot just standing there Tanking it. It's like throwing 1 or 2 punches in a Fight and then from there you will only guard. this is the point where it's not even a Fight anymore. Technically the Freedom vs Impulse fight ended within 30sec and everything after that was not even a Fight anymore.

Just so much Robbery's committed *grumbles*. The more I think about it the more I don't care for a Remaster and just want a Remake/Re-Vision/Retelling etc.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 09:15   Link #4944
monster

I like many of Destiny's battles well enough, but to each his own.
Old 2012-10-21, 09:16   Link #4945
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Could it be because at that point, neither Shinn nor Kira knew each other?

Shinn only saw the Freedom as his enemy, and pretty much held a grudge against it.

Kira, meanwhile, didn't know who was piloting the Impulse, and tried his hardest to disable it, but upon realizing that it was a real threat, tried to go for the cockpit. And that's on top of trying to protect the Archangel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post

On a side note, was the problem with Destiny's animation really due to Morosawa being late on scripts? That they couldn't make new animation because of the short time they had due to her lateness. Or was there another reason? I haven't seen any other Gundam series with such bad animation, full of stock footage, as Destiny. If so, any new CE honestly should not have her again.
Here are the possible reasons:
  • Morosawa undergoing /recovering from her hysterectomy
  • GSD's budget spent on music licensing, guest stars (e.g., TM Revolution) and the high-profile VAs (Shuichi "Char" Ikeda)

Last edited by Washu-Chan; 2012-10-21 at 09:27.
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 09:25   Link #4946
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Kira, meanwhile, didn't know who was piloting the Impulse, and tried his hardest to disable it, but upon realizing that it was a real threat, tried to go for the cockpit. And that's on top of trying to protect the Archangel.
Kira never tried to go for Impulse's cockpit.
Old 2012-10-21, 10:26   Link #4947
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan
Here are the possible reasons:
  • Morosawa undergoing /recovering from her hysterectomy
  • GSD's budget spent on music licensing, guest stars (e.g., TM Revolution) and the high-profile VAs (Shuichi "Char" Ikeda)
If they get a nice Budget next time around they will HAVE! to make New, Original fight scenes. Taking scenes and pasting to other Fights ain't gonna cut it. There's not going to be one Excuse this time around. They can try and look to other Medias/Outlets like Video Games, Videos etc, of Suits from their Series to get some ideas to make their Fights better. Do Something!
Old 2012-10-21, 10:51   Link #4948
monster

They didn't need any excuse in the first place. SEED had plenty of reused scenes and it still did well. Destiny did to, for whatever it's worth.
Old 2012-10-21, 11:18   Link #4949
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
They didn't need any excuse in the first place. SEED had plenty of reused scenes and it still did well. Destiny did to, for whatever it's worth.
Are you saying for example: If I took Human Waste covered it up in Sugar, sold it and it selled like "Hot Cackes" but because it sold that makes it ok? Im just trying to Understand You.
Old 2012-10-21, 11:32   Link #4950
monster

No, I'm saying that they did not need an excuse in the first place. SEED and Destiny clearly had enough to offer that offset the fact that it uses plenty of recycled scenes, flashbacks, and even recap episodes.

So, in the chance that they do make a Destiny remaster, it is unlikely that stock footage would disappear.
Old 2012-10-21, 12:39   Link #4951
I Fail at Life

Quote:
No, I'm saying that they did not need an excuse in the first place. SEED and Destiny clearly had enough to offer that offset the fact that it uses plenty of recycled scenes, flashbacks, and even recap episodes.
Name me some things that offset the Ton of recycled scenes, 3 to 4 recaps and constant flashbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster
So, in the chance that they do make a Destiny remaster, it is unlikely that stock footage would disappear.
Except while having stock footage Seed also had Good Fights. Destiny has stock footage but has no Good Fights. The circumstances are different between the two interms of stock footage. Seed's stock footage is sprinkled here and there throughout the series, and their Fights aren't infested with it. Destiny stock footage is all over the place, and their Fights Are! infested with it.

That slid the first time because it was *New* and didn't know what we were gonna get. Second time around we all know and people are not gonna put up with it.
Old 2012-10-21, 13:12   Link #4952
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Except while having stock footage Seed also had Good Fights. Destiny has stock footage but has no Good Fights.
Fail, are you sure you’re not being a little bit hyperbolic when you said “Destiny has stock footage but has no Good Fights”? IIRC right from the first three episodes, SEED Destiny already give us some good fights with Shinn in Impulse fighting three Gundams at once (Gaia, Abyss, Chaos) while later on he’s being assisted by Athrun, Rey, & Lunamaria. Other good fights are scattered throughout the episodes, but I think you’ll find them if you try.
Old 2012-10-21, 13:13   Link #4953
monster

Quote:
Name me some things that offset the Ton of recycled scenes, 3 to 4 recaps and constant flashbacks.
That would be different for different people. It could be the story, the music, the characters, even the battle scenes with the stock footage, or any combination. Whatever it is, SEED and Destiny are commercially successful.
Quote:
Except while having stock footage Seed also had Good Fights. Destiny has stock footage but has no Good Fights.
That's very subjective. Like I said, I like plenty of Destiny's fights.
Quote:
The circumstances are different between the two interms of stock footage. Seed's stock footage is sprinkled here and there throughout the series, and their Fights aren't infested with it. Destiny stock footage is all over the place, and their Fights Are! infested with it.

That slid the first time because it was *New* and didn't know what we were gonna get. Second time around we all know and people are not gonna put up with it.
That's true only for those people who care about the stock footage over everything else. For the rest of us, stock footage alone isn't going to make or break a potential Destiny remaster.

For the record, I would of course like it if they use less stock footage or even none at all. But I don't expect that to happen and I'm not as bothered with it.
Old 2012-10-21, 13:23   Link #4954
I Fail at Life

People! Im talking about 1 on 1 Fights not the battles between any of the Extendeds and Minerva Crew, those fights are ok. Im talking about every thing outside that(save for Berlin).
Old 2012-10-21, 13:40   Link #4955
monster

Quote:
People! Im talking about 1 on 1 Fights not the battles between any of the Extendeds and Minerva Crew, those fights are ok. Im talking about every thing outside that(save for Berlin).
So, you want to claim that Destiny has no good fights and yet won't include many of the fights that are in Destiny?

Well, that's fine, but it's still subjective. I personally like Freedom vs Saviour, Impulse vs Freedom, Destiny vs Gouf Ignited, Destiny vs Akatsuki, Strike Freedom vs Destiny, Infinite Justice vs Destiny, and Strike Freedom vs Legend.

I think those qualify with your fight restrictions.
Old 2012-10-21, 14:30   Link #4956
Kirayuki

Quote:
Kira never tried to go for Impulse's cockpit.
He tried once, when he was doing backflip into beam saber slash towards Impulse (in which Shinn dodged while separating the top and lower body of Impulse). It was pretty clear that the beam saber was directed towards Impulse's cockpit.

Watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ZXxiZbo#t=107s

Though it can be argued whether that just simply stock footage being stock footage or that Kira really did try
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 14:33   Link #4957
I Fail at Life

Freedom vs Saviour ep 28: Forgot about this one. Along with SF v Destiny(which i said in one of my earlier post, please go look again) was the only *decent* 1 on 1 duels. Freedom vs Neo's Windam Ep 32: That was nice, good show of skill.Freedom vs Impulse: Like I said in one of my earlier post, it was*Solid* but also had the most bull which is what I said. Ep 37 Gouf Ignited vs Destiny: Are you serious? It was a fight but it was a gouf vs a vastly superior machine. Ep 42 Destiny vs Akatsuki: Was good for 10 sec and then became one sided. Destiny vs SF: Was one of the few solid Fights like I said in one of my earlier post. Ep 50 IJ vs Destiny: Was good at the beginning but then became one sided, with shinn starting to hallucinate, Athrun not breaking a sweat and right before athrun went Seed Mode, shinn was completely out of it. SF vs Legend: Part of it was decent until it became just a copy cat of Freedom vs Providence with pasted attacks and scenes from that Fight, and Rey freezing at the end .
Old 2012-10-21, 14:48   Link #4958
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
He tried once, when he was doing backflip into beam saber slash towards Impulse (in which Shinn dodged while separating the top and lower body of Impulse). It was pretty clear that the beam saber was directed towards Impulse's cockpit.

Watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ZXxiZbo#t=107s

Though it can be argued whether that just simply stock footage being stock footage or that Kira really did try
It's stock footage, and no, he wasn't going for the cockpit.
Quote:
Freedom vs Saviour ep 28: Forgot about this one. Along with SF v Destiny(which i said in one of my earlier post, please go look again) was the only *decent* 1 on 1 duels. Freedom vs Neo's Windam Ep 32: That was nice, good show of skill.Freedom vs Impulse: Like I said in one of my earlier post, it was*Solid* but also had the most bull which is what I said. Ep 37 Gouf Ignited vs Destiny: Are you serious? It was a fight but it was a gouf vs a vastly superior machine. Ep 42 Destiny vs Akatsuki: Was good for 10 sec and then became one sided. Destiny vs SF: Was one of the few solid Fights like I said in one of my earlier post. Ep 50 IJ vs Destiny: Was good at the beginning but then became one sided, with shinn starting to hallucinate, Athrun not breaking a sweat and right before athrun went Seed Mode, shinn was completely out of it. SF vs Legend: Part of it was decent until it became just a copy cat of Freedom vs Providence with pasted attacks and scenes from that Fight, and Rey freezing at the end .
The point is that what's a good fight is subjective.

I'm not trying to make you like any of them if you don't. I, however, do, stock footage and all, one sided or not.
Old 2012-10-21, 14:59   Link #4959
Kirayuki

Quote:
It's stock footage, and no, he wasn't going for the cockpit.
Regardless, it is a pretty serious animation error that doesn't make sense if we go by your statement of "He wasn't going for the cockpit".

I think you are giving Kira/Staff too much credit here, but to each of their own
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 15:22   Link #4960
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Regardless, it is a pretty serious animation error that doesn't make sense if we go by your statement of "He wasn't going for the cockpit".
Please point out the error.
Quote:
I think you are giving Kira/Staff too much credit here, but to each of their own
Not at all, why would Kira decide to kill once and never followed through with it? The simplest explanation, of course, is that he never did decide to kill.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep