AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-08-29, 11:13   Link #1
Sun-Ku

Reasons to watch Anime because of Music

Hi all,

I am a person who defines his Anime experience to a much degree from the surrounding Music *experience*

Intromusic/song
Animes I watched (or rewatch) because of the intro/intromusic:
- Scrapped Princess: I saw the trailer by chance two years after the Ending of this Anime. i was instantly hooked and watched the first Episodes on the same day. Even to this day I feel nostalgic to rewatch the series when my mp3 Player plays the Jam Project - "Little Wings" Song.
Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. and 2nd Series: i watched it when it came out, but when the Intromusic plays i get a vibe to rewatch the series.
Initial D: After Playing the two Eurobeat remixes and "Night of fire" some months i decided to watch the Anime
Fafner in the Azure: Great intro/instrumental! instantly hooked me to the Anime.

AMV's
Animes I watched because i found a cool AMV (anime Music Video):
Macross Plus: When I watched the "Information High" Music Video in the early 2000s
I was constantly searching for this OAV at that time ("back in the day" it was not easy to find stuff like today ^^) "Information High" is the only Song that is constantly in my playlist since 2001
Ghost in the shell movie: "Wamdue Project: King of my castle" was the reason to seek out this Movie.
Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens: Because of a parody AMV with the song "I will love you allways forever" I got the Anime, it wasnt all THAT great but still i got it because of the amv
Zero no Tsukaima: because of the AMV with the Song "Number One" (no, not the Bleach one, but that song is also cool)
Noir: I found some years after it aired some AMV with the guitar Solo and i got the Series after that

Music defines the experience of this Anime
Or should I say, without the music, I would have never watched the anime (to the end)?
Full Moon o Sagashite: I was particulary hooked to the Anime because of the Music/songs. I would have never finished this without the music.
.hack Series: especially .hack/sign has great instrumental music. I would have watched the Anime till the end, but here it defines completely my look on this series.

Scenes I rewatch because of the Song that plays within:
Gundam Seed: "Meteor" The Scene where Atlas base self destroys and Kira got back with Freedom
Gundam Seed: (dont know the song name) where Asuran searched for Rakusu and confronted her in the opera house
Macross movie Do You Remember Love. Yeah, the "Do You remember Love" Song-Scene
Tengan Toppa gurren Lagann: "Fight the Power" the scene where (damnit I dont remember his name) dies in the Gravity well and the Endfight

That is not all, but all i can remember on the hook.

So whats your list?
Old 2011-08-29, 17:10   Link #2
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
There many anime i started watching due to music. It was years ago when i heard rocks and 1st ending song of naruto from any radio nook. These two songs pushed me to start watching the series..

I also started watching gundam seed after hearing anna issho datta no ni

Hearing brajta for fma did the same thing.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 11:47   Link #3
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Uhhh, not sure how to answer this topic. Maybe I'll just list shows that are defined by their music? I know Cowboy Bebop is one, and Clannad has a pretty sweet track as well.

Edit: Anything that Yuki Kajiura had a hand in is pretty much an acoustics fest.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 06:02   Link #4
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Music plays important part when it comes to memorable experience from watching anime. In fact some of them are so great, I just keep listening to them even after finishing the series. On the other hand, I'm not really into AMV, I only watched handful that were looking professional.

I can actually name a few series that had some good soundtrack. The number one would be Haibane Renmei followed by Princess Tutu, House of five leaves, GTO and Azumanga Daioh. For anime with favourite intro/outro, it's a huge list.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 23:33   Link #5
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Music is a really important part to anime for me, probably second only to plot and character development. I don't think I can get into a series as much if it doesn't have good music, even if it has interesting plot and characters. Thankfully all 3 usually tend to come together.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 23:42   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Mahhh~ More than once I've been drawn towards an Anime that I said I wasn't going to watch but ended up watching simply because I heard/saw the OP.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 17:54   Link #7
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Ashita Kuru Hi made me go and watch Kobato. That's the only "music that made me check out the anime" that I remember.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 19:09   Link #8
palpatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Ku View Post

Tengan Toppa gurren Lagann: "Fight the Power" the scene where (damnit I dont remember his name) dies in the Gravity well and the Endfight

Spoiler for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Major Spoiler:

I rewatched them dozens of times already. Not only when I listen to Fight the Power, but the OP and the ED's as well. Sometimes only because I think of them.
If I wasn't so tired right now, I'd watch them immediately.