AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 165 60.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 23.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 7.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 4.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.37%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.37%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-22, 12:15   Link #261
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Talking about Alejandro's MA again: Somehow I don't think it was his creation. This thing looks so much better than anything CB has, that he could have wiped out CB in the first episode, conquering the world in the second, if he wanted to. Storywise it's more likely, that he got it from he moonbase somehow, or at least found there something he needed to operate it.
He needed/s Veda, for the first thing, which is why even if he did have the GN drives he couldn't have pulled it all off. To get Veda, he needed to access the Ptolemy's Veda center. To do that, he needed to get an agent onto the Ptolemy, for which he needed someone the Meisters would be inclined to trust, which necessitated the Throne meisters, which needed the savior-trust for them to be allowed on board, which meant that the Powers needed to have a chance to almost beat the Gundams. If Alejandro had started conquering the first episode, he would have wiped out Celestial Being, lost Veda, and after causing rampant destruction would have been shot like a dog once the GN Tau drives reached their limit.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 12:16   Link #262
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

So Patrick SURVIVES AGAIN?! And Setsuna's retarded for not protecting the ship. All it would take is one beam shot to destroy that rifle. L2Aim plz kthx. Well, *sigh*, Setsuna is no killer tomato -_-...

I'm just wondering why they had to kill CHRISTINA. She was innocuous fanservice! Not to mention she was the most regular of ANYONE aside from perhaps Lockon on the Ptolemy. And now it seems that the two most normal characters from the good guys (Lockon and Xtina) are both dead! And I guess there's no hope for her either, as spitting blood into helmet=confirmed death.

Though it seems that both Setsuna and Sumeragi are more or less invincible. In fact, it seems from this point that any character that hasn't paid their dues in terms of personally doing something stupid is in for it, and anyone who has is more or less free to go just so they can live with it.

Sumeragi--some union crime.
Allelujah--killed that kid on the spacepod.
Setsuna--kid terrorist
Tieria--probably in for it in the future.
Felt--not sure here...she's now doubly important since Xtina got haxed.
Saji--dead man walking.
Nena--she raped the dog in Spain but lost her brothers for it. She's going to survive for a hell of a long time.
Old 2008-03-22, 12:19   Link #263
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Why bother about reputation if he has the world.
Besides: He still has to explain, how he got this giant technologically advanced MA with seven DN-Drives... but convieniently they skipped the part, where Alejandro contacted the UN forces.
"I am the traitor from CB who gave you ungrateful miscretes your puny GN Drives. Now I am here with my giant golden fortress of death eqipped with 7 GN Drives to help you lay waste to those pesky Gundams once and for all. Now BOW TO ME. Hahahahahahahahaha"

Something to that effect good enough for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
So Patrick SURVIVES AGAIN?! And Setsuna's retarded for not protecting the ship. All it would take is one beam shot to destroy that rifle. L2Aim plz kthx. Well, *sigh*, Setsuna is no killer tomato -_-...
You seem to have missed the fact that Setsuna was stuck inside the container thing throughout that fight while trying to fend off Alejandro's MA of death.

Question: Did you even watch the episode??
Old 2008-03-22, 12:20   Link #264
Killer Tomato

Quote:
And just as well. The CE timeline blew big time. I'm glad the director knew what went wrong with the GSD and did not repeat it.
Killer Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 12:25   Link #265
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
Today is a sad day for the members of Celestial Being...May a minute of silence commence to commemorate the passing of the brave souls.
I'm glad at least the UN got something after wasting almost all of their aces and the valuable GN drives. Sergei is gonna be executed after this failure probably but finally the UN force got some substantial result to report to their commander/politician.

I'm surprise to see a nameless ninja grunt that sneak in and destroy the plotemy instead of the usual top dawg patrick/sergei/soma

Also the ultimate henchman is back , altho a little bit rusty

KAIHE! EVADE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Kyrios (Hallelujah) was taking out all the HRL GN-X units, and really kicking ass. Then another of Corner's super beam blasts came his way and he only managed to hide behind an asteroid, and even that gave way, knocking him away and destroying both legs and an arm on Kyrios.
must be sergie master plan to keep Kyrios busy and distracting so that Alejandro dude can freely aim ^^. GO BEAR GO!

Da Papa Bears and his cub will prevail! Long live HRL and Mother Russia!
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 12:26   Link #266
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
the MA was really far from Ptlomias... setsuna went to stop it, from this eipsode setsuna has no idea about other yet, b4 he went into attack he was tring to call on the radio do his (start operation, eliminate target little speach)
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 12:26   Link #267
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
And Setsuna's retarded for not protecting the ship. All it would take is one beam shot to destroy that rifle. L2Aim plz kthx. Well, *sigh*, Setsuna is no killer tomato -_-...
...or one massive blast from that giant mobile armor that's parked way out of range. You know, the one that's blowing apart the asteroid field to totally own the Ptolemy?

Now I know "logic" and "reason" are dirty words, but someone has to go take care of giant laser of doom that's blowing apart all the cover (and half the limbs of you defending force).
Old 2008-03-22, 12:30   Link #268
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
I'm glad at least the UN got something after wasting almost all of their aces and the valuable GN drives. Sergei is gonna be executed after this failure probably but finally the UN force got some substantial result to report to their commander/politician.

I'm surprise to see a nameless ninja grunt that sneak in and destroy the plotemy instead of the usual top dawg patrick/sergei/soma

Also the ultimate henchman is back , altho a little bit rusty

KAIHE! EVADE!!!

must be sergie master plan to keep Kyrios busy and distracting so that Alejandro dude can freely aim ^^. GO BEAR GO!

Da Papa Bears and his cub will prevail! Long live HRL and Mother Russia!
Where the hell is everyone getting the idea that the HRL kills their own soldiers and eat babies?

With Sergei, they've been shown to be pretty lenient.

In Sergei's previous mission he used 1000 probes but lost 20 Tierens (Which is a heavy blow) and despite Sergei stating that he would resign the Commander firmly stated that he's keeping him in charge because he trusts him.

Makes you wonder whose going to survive this battle. Everyone is dying.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 12:33   Link #269
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Kyrios (Hallelujah) was taking out all the HRL GN-X units, and really kicking ass.
I'm quite sure Kyrios only fragged one GN-X (from behind) before being Wild Bear Kicked. Nadleeh was the one who kicked major ass in the episode.

Man, it'd be nice if Sergei and Soma get out of the first season unscathed.
Old 2008-03-22, 12:33   Link #270
ichobi

If that boom made the death of Patrick, then Ali is very much dead. As dead as it can get. The Zwei got a head burst, legs (and probably the whole torso goes off), topped off with a huge explosion. Just watch it frame by frame and you will see.

Then again, it's Gundam and we never know, I hope Sunrise breaks the trend this time. Just let the dead stay dead.
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 12:36   Link #271
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post
If that boom made the death of Patrick, then Ali is very much dead. As dead as it can get. The Zwei got a head burst, legs (and probably the whole torso goes off), topped off with a huge explosion. Just watch it frame by frame and you will see.

Then again, it's Gundam and we never know, I hope Sunrise breaks the trend this time. Just let the dead stay dead.
He's dead.

They stated firmly that the Zwei was obliterated.

Frame by frame you see the whole legs blow up and then the Torso explodes. Ali's dead, simple as that.

Patrick on the other hand DIDN'T get an entire explosion.
Old 2008-03-22, 12:38   Link #272
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Where the hell is everyone getting the idea that the HRL kills their own soldiers and eat babies?

With Sergei, they've been shown to be pretty lenient.

In Sergei's previous mission he used 1000 probes but lost 20 Tierens (Which is a heavy blow) and despite Sergei stating that he would resign the Commander firmly stated that he's keeping him in charge because he trusts him.

Makes you wonder whose going to survive this battle. Everyone is dying.
But they are teh evil c0mm1es!1!11!

Sarcasm aside, all the powers are actually quite different from their basic stereotype. The Human Reform League, despite it's Warsaw Pact themes and the concept of a "league," is actually the most unified (and arguably forward-thinking) of all three powers. The Union is nothing such, instead being the American-centered alliance that has parts of it vieing for secession at all times. The Advanced European Union is similarly little like it's name; it's been behind in mobile suit, elevator, and colony construction fields, it's openly fractious inside its key committee, and it's also forced to making Africa into vassal states in order to keep its influence.
Old 2008-03-22, 12:44   Link #273
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

BTW,

Someone explain to me how a cyborg dies?

I mean sure he got blasted by a beam shot but still....

The Terminator can get mutiliated and it would STILL function....japanese robots must be really really fragile.
Old 2008-03-22, 12:48   Link #274
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

He's not a cyborg with a mechanicle brain, he's a human with extensive prosthetics. There is a difference. He can take all sorts of shrapnel and die, his suit's integrity was compromised, there are any number of ways a man with prosthetics can die.
Old 2008-03-22, 12:51   Link #275
gabbytay
Banned

I hope all Haro s are safe
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 13:01   Link #276
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
He just needed Ribbons, who could access Veda from anywhere he wants...
But he wouldn't be able to control Veda. That was the entire purpose of going to the moon: to gain control of Veda (and shoot Aeliola, who was with Veda). Without knowing where Veda is, Ribbons can't do either for Alejandro.
Old 2008-03-22, 13:12   Link #277
Chaos Knight
Flag Pilot

About Alejandro Corner having 7 GN-Drives that emit gold GN-Particles we don't know if they are the same as the one's used for the thrones and the GN-X. However it might be possible that the GN-Drives he has are stronger then the ones that are being use for the GN-X's.
Chaos Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 13:15   Link #278
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
This Gundam is a very sad story Everyone dead (almost). By the way - it possible that Sergei dead too - with Gundam you never know...
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 13:16   Link #279
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mougrim View Post
This Gundam is a very sad story Everyone dead (almost). By the way - it possible that Sergei dead too - with Gundam you never know...
no body->not dead.

Patrick might be dead...probably is dead...I don't know. But Sergei had no fadeout, no explosion, no nothing. Like Ali, he's still alive.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 13:17   Link #280
Chaos Knight
Flag Pilot

If Sergei was dead then Soma would have been very pissed off and attacking in a blinding rage. but that had not happen so Sergei is still alive.
Chaos Knight is offline   Reply With Quote