AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-27, 13:42   Link #181
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

I am all for Yoshida + Khamsim (although the probality is near zero...)!

Ike can go... I don't know, It was him anyways that put Yoshida in such a postion after all, insisting on the bond between Shana and Yuji not being "Romantic". He got himself into that... XD

One thing that I might forsee is Ike using Yoshida's Hougou instead of her... to show his true love... XD Then we see Yoshida crying etc... then epic end... ( hopefully with Yuji and Shana both alive... )

sht... why am I talking of the end anyways... I don't want it to end! XD
Old 2009-06-28, 21:24   Link #182
velvet nightmare

does it look like there would be enough material for a new season?

it looks more like they'd need a few more novels for there to be another 24 episode season no? (assuming they don't do an OVA or short 12 episode season or something)
Old 2009-06-29, 03:43   Link #183
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Considering they turned novel 14 into 6 episodes, I don't really know if there's any proper measure of how many novels would be required.

Ofcourse, none of the proper foreshadowing for the current story arc in the novels was in the anime because it was cut out (the foreshadowing goes as far back as the Friagne arc in the novels), but the end of the second season sets it up so that this (if it is indeed the third season) would start with the arc. Believe me, this arc would make as much sense as a flying penguin living on a tropical island if we don't somehow get all that earlier material that hints at it somehow, so I'm almost certain that about 1/3 of this possible 3rd season is going to be an original story arc to patch things up.
Old 2009-06-29, 08:52   Link #184
mitsuganae

Whatever happens, I hope the powers that be schedule things so that the novel series will be allowed to conclude, and that there is enough time so that said conclusion could be animated (rather than some anime-original conclusion, which is what happened to Toradora, if memory serves). This of course assumes that the novel series is winding down, and that the third animated season would be the final one (please correct me if any of these assumptions are questionable).

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2009-06-29 at 09:18.
Old 2009-06-29, 09:23   Link #185
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post
Whatever happens, I hope the powers that be schedule things so that the novel series (or its current arc) will be allowed to conclude and that there is enough time so that said conclusion could be animated (rather than some anime-original conclusion, which is what happened to Toradora, if memory serves). This of course assumes that the novel series is winding down, and that the third animated season would be the final one (please correct me if either of these assumptions are questionable).
Toradora was not an anime original ending. They ran it pretty close to the novel release, but they got a summary of the 10th novel from the author before animating it.
Old 2009-06-29, 09:30   Link #186
mitsuganae

Thanks for the correction. I'm not familiar with the Toradora franchise, but I've encountered quite a few fans who think that the anime conclusion diverges enough from the novel series conclusion to be considered anime original (hence what I said in my other post). Whatever -- I'm not taking sides on that issue since Toradora doesn't interest me too much at the moment.

But I don't exactly want Shana to go the way of the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime series, which had to go on an (apparently inferior) anime original path when the ongoing source material was exhausted.

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2009-06-29 at 09:44.
Old 2009-06-29, 11:53   Link #187
velvet nightmare

^ agree with fma analogy

though was episodes 1 to like 10 in the second season all novel too? i thought it was like side story filler or something, when i watched it, it was complete trash

what im trying to get at was the lack of progression and im not sure if the content was novel or not
Old 2009-06-29, 16:04   Link #188
FFrank227

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
^ agree with fma analogy

though was episodes 1 to like 10 in the second season all novel too? i thought it was like side story filler or something, when i watched it, it was complete trash

what im trying to get at was the lack of progression and im not sure if the content was novel or not

Episodes 1-11 of the second season are filler material, I believe. Beyond that is novel material up until episode 22(I think).
Old 2009-06-30, 01:37   Link #189
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFrank227 View Post
Episodes 1-11 of the second season are filler material, I believe. Beyond that is novel material up until episode 22(I think).
I believe that you are slightly incorrect there. Episodes 8-9 of the second season regarding Margery Daw's flashback are from Novel Volume S.
Old 2009-06-30, 02:13   Link #190
Tokkan

Quote:
*Sigh*

Let's recap.

1-2 = Game adaptation
3-6 = Anime original Konoe arc
7 = Anime original standalone episode
8-9 = "Milestone", from the S sidestory collection in the novel series with select material from novel 11 (the Shana and Yuji parts)
10-11 = Novel 11 mixed in with scraps from Novel 9
12-13 = Novel 12
14-15 = Novel 13
16-22 = Novel 14
End of 22-24 = Anime original ending

Last edited by Tokkan; 2009-06-30 at 07:22. Reason: wrote 4 instead of 3
Old 2009-06-30, 10:35   Link #191
FFrank227

Ah, next time I should double check before posting. Thanks for the correction guys. ^^

Last edited by FFrank227; 2009-06-30 at 11:08.
Old 2009-06-30, 12:12   Link #192
velvet nightmare

which parts of 22-24 were anime only?

i assume the konoe parts?
Old 2009-06-30, 12:28   Link #193
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
which parts of 22-24 were anime only?
Everything onward from the point when Hecate shows up at the end of 22 is anime original.

Even the end where Shana is smiling as if she sees Yuji coming is anime original, though I'm not going to go into details of why it isn't in the novel due to the fact that a full explaination would be a massive spoiler.
Old 2009-07-02, 10:58   Link #194
FFrank227

According to this, it appears to be an OVA series.
Old 2009-07-02, 11:03   Link #195
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
According to this, it appears to be an OVA series.
That sure is a strange way to accidentally announce it, but you're definitely right. Idle speculation on my part that they decided to make Railgun a TV series and expand Shana with some more OVAs, and they might go back to a Shana TV series when the end of the novels are in sight? Either that or I suppose they could use OVAs to conclude the story, but not sure if that's real likely... Anyway, hard to say, but yeah -- definitely suggests we'll be getting some OVAs for now.
Old 2009-07-02, 11:46   Link #196
FFrank227

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That sure is a strange way to accidentally announce it, but you're definitely right. Idle speculation on my part that they decided to make Railgun a TV series and expand Shana with some more OVAs, and they might go back to a Shana TV series when the end of the novels are in sight? Either that or I suppose they could use OVAs to conclude the story, but not sure if that's real likely... Anyway, hard to say, but yeah -- definitely suggests we'll be getting some OVAs for now.
I agree, what a weird way to announce a new series. I speculate that the new OVA series will allow them to follow the novel material in its entirety from the very beginning or where season 2 left off with a simultaneous conclusion, or maybe they will expand upon the short stories, who knows! Regardless, I am very much looking forward to it.
Old 2009-07-02, 14:26   Link #197
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

an OVA usually means better quality too...I cant wait
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-07-03, 22:37   Link #198
digger314

What did you see? I just saw "maintenance mode". Guess it was already taken down?
Old 2009-07-03, 23:35   Link #199
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger314 View Post
What did you see? I just saw "maintenance mode". Guess it was already taken down?
NeoSam has a screenshot in the new anime thread. It was basically a tentative/pre-release schedule for an upcoming MediaWorks anime festival, where they had a panel scheduled for the "Shakugan no Shana OVA Series". But it was taken down shortly after being mentioned on Moonphase, since obviously this isn't something they intended to announce in this way. So I guess just call it "leaked information"; expect official confirmation to most likely come in the next few weeks.
Old 2009-07-04, 00:43   Link #200
digger314

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
NeoSam has a screenshot in the new anime thread. It was basically a tentative/pre-release schedule for an upcoming MediaWorks anime festival, where they had a panel scheduled for the "Shakugan no Shana OVA Series". But it was taken down shortly after being mentioned on Moonphase, since obviously this isn't something they intended to announce in this way. So I guess just call it "leaked information"; expect official confirmation to most likely come in the next few weeks.
Heh thanks. Wonder what the OVA is about.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen