AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Akane?
A very caring sister, who is justified in hating Mitsuki 40 36.36%
A misinformed caring sister, who should be careful when judging people 31 28.18%
A cute little girl, who makes outrageous comments. 8 7.27%
None of the above (She's more complex) 31 28.18%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-04, 06:52   Link #21
Tboz

heh... note that mitsuki is sort of like akane's idol or role model, to see her steal away takayuki would surely break her heart 2 fold...

but u can't blame akane on that tho, she has her right to be angry... beautiful family, a brother in-law that she can bully, it totally break apart after the accident...

and I really wonder what mitsuki was doing naked and alone in bed...
Old 2003-11-04, 09:24   Link #22
futago

well, takayuki went out to buy some stuffs, and would return shortly, that leaves the door open, and such fateful coincidence akane has to show up at that time, and then poor akane... sometimes it's better to know nothing
Old 2003-11-04, 10:15   Link #23
GUTB_

Lol...I wonder if it occured to her that while she was waiting at the hospital they were "doing it" at his place. Ouch.
Old 2003-11-04, 11:47   Link #24
beanieboy007

Akane felt personally betrayed by Mitsuki, that is a hard thing to forget.

What makes her kinda odd in my mind is that she still suports Takayuki, even though it takes 2 to tango.

I would have thought she would have had more animosity towards him as he was the one late to see Haruka & he was her boyfriend who then fell into Mitski's ... ummm, arms.

That said,... I dont know if she was aware her parents told Takayuki not to see Haruka again, it would say a bit more about her weither she did or not.

**as I think about it more: she probably did have the animosity towards him, thus putting off calling him after she woke up**
Old 2003-11-04, 11:59   Link #25
z-kun
baka!

i think Akane knows exactly how Takayuki feels, and also how Mitsuki feels. Thing is that she cannot accept Mitsuki's 'betrayal' [which is in fact the succumbing to her own feelings] under any circumstance. Especially when Haruka, best friend of Mitsuki, in a coma AND in love with Takayuki.

{I think i'm starting not to make sense}
Old 2003-11-04, 14:20   Link #26
Tenken

Send a message via AIM to Tenken
I think Akane is justified. She might of not meant a few things she said or feel guilty about it though. You can't blame her for being pissed at Mitsuki (ho).

Another thing, I wouldn't say it was Mitsuki's fault at ALL for the accident. Takayuki was already running late. And he chose to stay and buy her that ring. He could of just said he was running really late and we can do something for your birthday later. I'm sure Mitsuki would of undstanded that.
Old 2003-11-04, 18:53   Link #27
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
heh... note that mitsuki is sort of like akane's idol or role model, to see her steal away takayuki would surely break her heart 2 fold...

but u can't blame akane on that tho, she has her right to be angry... beautiful family, a brother in-law that she can bully, it totally break apart after the accident...
I agree, I don't think she will ever forgive Mitsuki, or Takayuki since both of them disappointed her. Makes me wonder why she still continues swimming (since Mitsuki was her rolemodel as a swimmer), maybe its like revenge since Mitsuki failed as a swimmer so Akane can prove that she is better...
And in her point of view Takayuki abandoned her sister, it took a long time before she told them that Haruka has waken up.
Old 2003-11-04, 19:01   Link #28
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by z-kun
i think Akane knows exactly how Takayuki feels, and also how Mitsuki feels. Thing is that she cannot accept Mitsuki's 'betrayal' [which is in fact the succumbing to her own feelings] under any circumstance. Especially when Haruka, best friend of Mitsuki, in a coma AND in love with Takayuki.

{I think i'm starting not to make sense}

I can't imaging what would happen if Akane ends up falling for Takayuki...as she did in the game, in several endings

I wonder what would she think of Mitsuki then?
(well... I suppose she'd still hate her, but probably for different reasons now...)

Still... as of right now, Akane's still my favourite character. She's just too misinformed, and it's sad to see that she's making matter worse for Mitsuki and Takayuki... (if it wasn't bad enough)

Last edited by eMpTy265; 2003-11-04 at 19:01. Reason: Spoiler color fix
Old 2003-11-04, 19:27   Link #29
*Pyoro*

i think she's just a little snooping and jealous bitch. i mean come on, she just walks into takayuki's apartment and gets pissed cuz he's moved on and slept with mitsuki. she just wants takayuki for herself and uses her sis as an excuse
Old 2003-11-05, 17:40   Link #30
futago

if takayuki ends up with mitsuki, that means akane will lose this onii-chan. Another of those brother-sister complex in anime...
Old 2003-11-05, 20:05   Link #31
KendoFoxx

Send a message via AIM to KendoFoxx Send a message via MSN to KendoFoxx Send a message via Yahoo to KendoFoxx
At the risk of sounding like a broken record and repeating what a few people have said already I think Akane is justified in her anger towards Mitsuki and Takuyuki, but that is only because of the data she has to work with. I think she was happy that Takuyuki was sticking around with her sister long after the accident put her in the coma. I'm not sure she noticed his deterioating condition.

When he started dating her sisters best friend, in her opinion Takuyuki has become a coward because he seemingly gave up waiting for her sister to wake up. To make matters worse, she feels betrayed because the person she thought she could confide in was the one who Takuyuki started dating. I believe she calls Takuyuki a coward which is true in some contexts because he didn't have the will power to come see Haruka on his own. Its too bad her anger blinds her to the gesture of them coming there together to confront their. That's pretty brave on both their parts.
Old 2003-11-06, 02:22   Link #32
tem

Akane acted like any sister would. If it were me, I would have said the same things and done the same things. I think her hatred towards Mitsuki are more pronounced because Mitsuki was her idol. She was let down and in her view, betrayed.

Of course, us seeing the storyline progress in an different viewpoint shows (some of)us that Mitsuki isn't as horrible as Akane really thinks. Akane just built her up so much, that it was a long and hard fall when she found out that Mitsuki is, in fact, human.

So while she calls Takiyuki a coward and Mitsuki everything else in the book, I don't blame her. I can't agree with her, but I don't blame her.
Old 2003-11-06, 03:27   Link #33
Acespeedy

God look at yourselves, Mitsuki the backstabber...exactly HOW is she backstabbing.....by acting like a human being and acting on her feelings??????Look at reality,life must go on, people must move on in life....This anime is trying to deal with similar real life situations.
Old 2003-11-06, 03:46   Link #34
Durandal
Insane AI

Send a message via AIM to Durandal
Akane seems justified to us because she may be right, but for the wrong reasons. She has a right to hate Mitsuki, after all she did steal Takayuki, which delayed him and caused the accident to happen. If you notice she was probably in the phone booth trying to call Takayuki when it happened. But this is not her reason for her hatred. It is our reason to justify her actions, and why Mitsuki accepts her hate instead of denying it. While Akane may hate her for nothing more than her compassion, which to some of us may appear to be self driven in nature. Mitsuki loves Takayuki but in being a care-giver resulted in her being a lover as well. Akane only knows what she wants to perceive. She walked in on Mitsuki, and needed nothing else. Somewhere in here I had a point...
Old 2003-11-06, 04:57   Link #35
tem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durandal
Akane seems justified to us because she may be right, but for the wrong reasons. She has a right to hate Mitsuki, after all she did steal Takayuki, which delayed him and caused the accident to happen. If you notice she was probably in the phone booth trying to call Takayuki when it happened. But this is not her reason for her hatred. It is our reason to justify her actions, and why Mitsuki accepts her hate instead of denying it. While Akane may hate her for nothing more than her compassion, which to some of us may appear to be self driven in nature. Mitsuki loves Takayuki but in being a care-giver resulted in her being a lover as well. Akane only knows what she wants to perceive. She walked in on Mitsuki, and needed nothing else. Somewhere in here I had a point...
Okay, I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Maybe it's the way you worded it... I don't think Akane is justified to hate Mitsuki because she inadvertently caused the accident--she hates her because her loyalties lie with her sister, first and foremost. That's pretty much it. She finds that her sister's best friend, also Akane's idol, has slept with Takayuki...that's justifiable in itself. The rest of that really doesn't come into play.
Old 2003-11-06, 14:14   Link #36
Durandal
Insane AI

Ah, but what I pointed out is not the reason she hates Mitsuki, but the reason that we as viewers can sympathize with both of them. We have knowledge of the plot that Akane doesn't. If we only knew what Akane knows, then she would appear cold, unfeeling and childish.
Since we understand Mitsuki's point of view we can sympathize with her as well. It's a very complicated story when you look at it in detail. Because the characters are not flat, static characters. They change and grow. There are complex feelings and motives. In other words they are like real people. I don't think that it is as simple as you percieve it to be.
Old 2003-11-06, 14:36   Link #37
tem

Quote:
Ah, but what I pointed out is not the reason she hates Mitsuki, but the reason that we as viewers can sympathize with both of them. We have knowledge of the plot that Akane doesn't. If we only knew what Akane knows, then she would appear cold, unfeeling and childish.
Oh okay, this I agree with...as stated in my first post.
Quote:
Of course, us seeing the storyline progress in an different viewpoint shows (some of)us that Mitsuki isn't as horrible as Akane really thinks. Akane just built her up so much, that it was a long and hard fall when she found out that Mitsuki is, in fact, human.

Quote:
Since we understand Mitsuki's point of view we can sympathize with her as well. It's a very complicated story when you look at it in detail. Because the characters are not flat, static characters. They change and grow. There are complex feelings and motives. In other words they are like real people. I don't think that it is as simple as you percieve it to be.
Well, I'm not trying to say that they are flat and static, I'm just saying it's simple reasoning to figure out why Akane hates Mitsuki. Mitsuki betrayed her AND her sister in her eyes. If she hadn't, Akane wouldn't hate her. I am keeping things purely in Akane's perspective. Notice I didn't mention any other factor since, to Akane, there is no other factor.
Old 2003-11-10, 19:43   Link #38
GUTB_

Bumped for episode 6.
Old 2003-11-10, 23:55   Link #39
Durandal
Insane AI

Perhaps we should revamp this poll since Akane is just now starting to get a decent amount of screen time. Or maybe wait a little longer. Do you think it would throw the show off balance if Takayuki started to go after Akane, or if she started going after him since he doesn't really persue anyone.
Old 2003-11-11, 00:13   Link #40
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Do you think it would throw the show off balance if Takayuki started to go after Akane, or if she started going after him since he doesn't really persue anyone.

Actually, I'm hoping for that to happen.

Well not the Takayuki actively pursuing Akane part...

Spoiler:
Closed Thread