AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-05, 09:01   Link #141
kakakka

Quote:
What kind of idiot captain limits themselves in such dire situations just because they don't like the 'style'.
All of them are idiots then. The moment the fights started in FK, they just watched VC fight (one or two helped but they did when the pillar broke already....). When they finally get their chance to fight, most of them resorted to duel fights. They are fighting their opponents, they keep on babbling their techniques and how they are cool and so. Then they don't release until the last second. etc. etc. .....

I dunno. That's how they roll....
Old 2009-06-05, 09:02   Link #142
BaltazarDZ
Lazy Bum

Send a message via MSN to BaltazarDZ Send a message via Yahoo to BaltazarDZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No it doesn't. What kind of idiot captain limits themselves in such dire situations just because they don't like the 'style'. She had to lose a freaking ARM before she released.

As soon as the fight started she should've just released immediately, tell Barragan she likes to call it the "fuck you gun" and blasted him to other side of the world.
Zaraki does it all the time =w=;;. Actually the only captains who like to spam their bankai are Hitsugaya and Byakuya and perhaps Komamura. All others seem to prefer to not use it right off the bat.
Old 2009-06-05, 09:03   Link #143
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono
hell yeah! what did I say in previous topic? something like "it's going to be long-wide-range kido-killer-huge_ass-cannon never guessed I would be right but then again it's only thing that makes sense...otherwise she would use it against yoruichi back in SS...like this it's no wonder why she didn't use her bankai back then...
I don't know what you have against huge cannon though...disappointment? hell no I'm pretty much satisfied...huge cannon is just what she needed if ya ask me...
Old 2009-06-05, 09:04   Link #144
Un1ver5e

Send a message via MSN to Un1ver5e
Epic quote:
Barragan: Keep running, you meat sack.
Omaeda: Shut up, you're just jealous cause you're all bones!
Old 2009-06-05, 09:05   Link #145
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
spam their bankai
Quote:
Byakuya
Does not compute >>
Old 2009-06-05, 09:08   Link #146
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Zaraki does it all the time =w=;;. Actually the only captains who like to spam their bankai are Hitsugaya and Byakuya and perhaps Komamura. All others seem to prefer to not use it right off the bat.
Yeah but it's never because they don't like the "style"

And yeah, Zaraki is an idiot.
Old 2009-06-05, 09:09   Link #147
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
there's also Renji, Mayuri and Ichigo lolz

Old 2009-06-05, 09:23   Link #148
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Multiply Soi Fon's Bankai and we have...

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2009-06-05, 09:44   Link #149
lucasd

Soi Fon is one of the captain that release bankai when they should.
Given the size of it, it's like a tactical warhead not close range combat weapon at which she excels, given her shikai great ability (though not a hax, like for example 2xtimes weight maker (not logical BTW)).
Old 2009-06-05, 09:51   Link #150
Knjaz

Looks like she has a Knight (or some sort of Orbital Siege Canon, lol) theme bankai. And it would be logical if she has a \heavy\ shield in second hand, which will even more hinder her movements (although because she alrdy cant move fast enough with that huge blade, so she needs some other defensive abilities)

Dunno why, but it looked very cool for me. And Soi Fon is even more powerful with that type of bankai then if it'd just enhance her assassins abilities , think about it - now she can 2 hit KO u in close combat or blow u to pieces from long distance. Now she's pretty all-round fighter...

And i really dont think energy beam type of attack is the only offensive power of this /yes, huge and spear-like, but still/ blade.
Old 2009-06-05, 10:12   Link #151
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
Sigh. How anti-climatic. What was expected to be a golden opportunity to showcase a female character's unique skill & abilities turned out to be a handheld rocket launcher.

It erases all the potential invested in her Shi Kai: the two-hit kill, the poison etc.

The creative aspect to Soi Fon's Ban Kai is just missing. And just by saying "I would have preferred not to use it/ it hinders my duties" doesn't justify the sheer misfit between the nature of the ability & the nature of the character.

The next chapter needs to salvage this with some explaining.
Old 2009-06-05, 10:20   Link #152
lucasd

shelter
It was already explained in some previous post...
Old 2009-06-05, 10:31   Link #153
ultra_dragon

i just want to know what happens with the last espadea...and it kinda odd that soi-fong ban-kai is a bazuka like weapon, isnt must of the ban-kai are evolve form of the shi-kai and having the abiliteys of their shi-kai plus something more? almost every charcter that we saw using ban-kai follow that, like Renji, Byakuya and ichigo...
Old 2009-06-05, 10:31   Link #154
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just read the chapter...the thing that irked me the most is the fact that Soifon's bankai is not called "suzumebachi". Everyone else's bankai kept its original name and added an extra one, but hers changed completely, as if it's a totally different thing. Which leads to the next mismatch: everyone else's bankai was an extension of their shikai (even Mayuri's had SOME connection), Soifon just went from swift assassin to Mako Cannon.
On the other hand, Barragan's shadow-rot-axe looks uber cool and Ukitake sure seems to be having a fun time
I don't expect Barragan to go down from just one hit.
Old 2009-06-05, 10:32   Link #155
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
Sigh. How anti-climatic. What was expected to be a golden opportunity to showcase a female character's unique skill & abilities turned out to be a handheld rocket launcher.

It erases all the potential invested in her Shi Kai: the two-hit kill, the poison etc.

The creative aspect to Soi Fon's Ban Kai is just missing. And just by saying "I would have preferred not to use it/ it hinders my duties" doesn't justify the sheer misfit between the nature of the ability & the nature of the character.

The next chapter needs to salvage this with some explaining.
That's assuming either the missile she launched or the explosion doesn't have some special effect to it.
Old 2009-06-05, 10:34   Link #156
unameit

wtf? her bankai is just another bazooka? it's pretty much just like powerful cero which most of them miss the target..
Old 2009-06-05, 10:46   Link #157
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1ver5e View Post
Epic quote:
Barragan: Keep running, you meat sack.
Omaeda: Shut up, you're just jealous cause you're all bones!
Spoiler for hk-47:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Just read the chapter...the thing that irked me the most is the fact that Soifon's bankai is not called "suzumebachi". Everyone else's bankai kept its original name and added an extra one, but hers changed completely, as if it's a totally different thing. Which leads to the next mismatch: everyone else's bankai was an extension of their shikai (even Mayuri's had SOME connection), Soifon just went from swift assassin to Mako Cannon.
On the other hand, Barragan's shadow-rot-axe looks uber cool and Ukitake sure seems to be having a fun time
I don't expect Barragan to go down from just one hit.
she could have different types of bankai.

It can't hurt to have your own personal TOW missile though.

Her excuse for not using it earlier is rather unacceptable. does she not realize she is in the middle of a battle? there is no room for "assassination"

Last edited by Vinak; 2009-06-05 at 10:56.
Old 2009-06-05, 10:51   Link #158
Uncreativex

I agree the bankai was pretty disappointing. I had hoped for some awesome short sword, perhaps also with some potent poison or other ability, perhaps some jian-ish type, fitting with her name (atleast to me Soi Fong, or Shaolin Feng/Suifeng as it seems her original name is, seems more Chinese than Japanese.)

It should atleast be a more sniper rifle-like thing than some weird bazooka.
Old 2009-06-05, 11:07   Link #159
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
I'll forgive the lame bankai if Omaeda got killed in the blast somehow.

Last edited by Kayin; 2009-06-05 at 12:41.
Old 2009-06-05, 11:15   Link #160
Fran~
floating away...

At least Omaeda is a good comic relief... not as good as dondo chaka and pesche.

But Kubo is failing at this... yes... he needs to tell an history, but frankly, it's taking soooo long...

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga