AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 37 46.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 21.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 5.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.86%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-09, 01:20   Link #841
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Damn. I didn't even see those other ones on TvTropes. She's gonna redeem herself in some way. We all know that.
You'd be surprised at how many people want Shoko dead.
Old 2013-12-09, 01:23   Link #842
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Haruto still hasn't gotten over his "I am a monster" phase
I'm starting to think that he'll die holding resentment for Valvraves

Then again, he doesn't seem to have said this CM line yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTnCnooTPuA

It shows a change in his mindset. It is not both a curse and a blessing, and his tone is more hopeful
I think it may have been in episode 14, when they were heading to earth. He was talking to Saki, about "it may be a curse, but it's power we need right now," though nothing was mentioned about tears.

Quote:
Can't Saki escape like Kallen and somehow get a mech upgrade in the process?

I think she's been tortured enough already. No need to add her suffering. She already secured top spot. No need to make this into a contest. :/
Even Kallen didn't escape, per se, but was rescued by Sayoko, after the building was being abandoned, and Nunally's adviser decided to kill her secretly.
Old 2013-12-09, 01:24   Link #843
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
You'd be surprised at how many people want Shoko dead.
Ok, I understand wanting Iori dead. But Shoko? Come on now. That would be a waste.
Old 2013-12-09, 01:24   Link #844
Key Board
Carbon

you know, despite the title and premise, they haven't liberated anything

Additionally they are the ones being exposed to the world
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-09, 01:25   Link #845
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:

Well, Haruto did liberate Saki from her clothes
Old 2013-12-09, 01:27   Link #846
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
finalfury Would you agree that they wrote themselves into a bit of a corner with all the flash-forward nonsense?
I agree that they did despite me loving the possibility of a season with Future Saki as a main character. I'm also in the camp that believes that Cain tears apart her Valvrave and uses its parts to further enhance VV2.
My main reason for that is because Carmilla Gold Version has a different insignia/symbol than normal Carmilla did suggesting that it either was rebuilt or recreated due to the powers of the Runes. :/
Old 2013-12-09, 01:31   Link #847
Kurohane

Quote:
As for Saki escaping like Kallen. Complete with upgraded Carmilla. Well I hope Cain's not that stupid or arrogant to let the shit fly

One of my exact quotes when I saw that in Code Geass

"They can't be that stupid? OH! THEY ARE!"

finalfury Would you agree that they wrote themselves into a bit of a corner with all the flash-forward nonsense?
Yeah, now looking back, I can't believe Loyd and Cecile left the Guren in the building when the battle started. They must have know the place was going to be abandoned after awhile, due to it being a target. In the end, what did Kallen's capture even do plot-wise, except upgrade the Gurren for the umpteenth time. It's the second most upgraded knightmare in the series with the first being the Lancelot.

Depends on how they plan to use these future scenes. As viewers, we only see things after they're revealed, the close to determining how the direction goes is only speculation.. Everyone by no should know my theory about this particular subject, and I'm quite confident in it more than I've ever been before.

Edit:
Quote:

True, but the subject has been brought up again recently in the beginning of episode 20. The narrator says they group are now discovering the world is covered in secrets. This is more than halfway through the current season. Really, another season isn't impossible. The story practical demands it.

Quote:
Not funny, KleeneXGhost.
Old 2013-12-09, 01:37   Link #848
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
I agree that they did despite me loving the possibility of a season with Future Saki as a main character. I'm also in the camp that believes that Cain tears apart her Valvrave and uses its parts to further enhance VV2.
My main reason for that is because Carmilla Gold Version has a different insignia/symbol than normal Carmilla did suggesting that it either was rebuilt or recreated due to the powers of the Runes. :/
It would make sense. As we know at the moment the Valvraves only work for their pilots. Carmilla would just be lying around. In fact, since they reverse-engineered the liberation punch it's possible that we may see a Baum using the spindle-knuckles soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Yeah, now looking back, I can't believe Loyd and Cecile left the Guren in the building when the battle started. They must have know the place was going to be abandoned after awhile, due to it being a target. In the end, what did Kallen's capture even do plot-wise, except upgrade the Gurren for the umpteenth time. It's the second most upgraded knightmare in the series with the first being the Lancelot.

Depends on how they plan to use these future scenes. As viewers, we only see things after they're revealed, the close to determining how the direction goes is only speculation.. Everyone by no should know my theory about this particular subject, and I'm quite confident in it more than I've ever been.
Didn't the Seiten even have the best specs in the entire series? I think we got another flash-forward coming this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Not funny, KleeneXGhost.
I'm sorry I couldn't resist

Think that's bad you should see what I did for Kyuuma

Old 2013-12-09, 01:46   Link #849
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
L-elf hasn't done anything for two episodes. He's got some catching up to do. Haruto had his chance on his own, and he botched it up...again.
I think saying he botched things up is a tad too harsh when he had no reason to expect any of what happened, heck I doubt even L-Elf would've expected it, and things got out of hand before he could try and explain anything. He tried to explain things to Shoko on the shuttle, but by then she'd stopped listening to him.

Would anything have really changed had L-Elf come back with them not in a depression? I have my doubts. I doubt he would've bothered to tell Shoko anything other than that they had brought the scientists back. The only real difference I can think of would be that the deal with Arus would never have happened and the resulting consequences of it. He'd have shot Shoko and Iori before they would make it.
Old 2013-12-09, 01:46   Link #850
.Mero

Quote:
It would make sense. As we know at the moment the Valvraves only work for their pilots. Carmilla would just be lying around. In fact, since they reverse-engineered the liberation punch it's possible that we may see a Baum using the spindle-knuckles soon?

Didn't the Seiten even have the best specs in the entire series? I think we got another flash-forward coming this week.

I'm sorry I couldn't resist

Think that's bad you should see what I did for Kyuuma

http://l.wigflip.com/EdcMkab9/roflbot.jpg

that's just mean, funny but still :P it's mean

Bit struggling about this ep, a lot of WTF's good ones and bad ones, still on the fence on weather I like or dislike the overall things of how they handled shit.

But 1 thing remains undisputed, Shoko's a dumb ***** Saki still #1 girl \o/ ^^
Old 2013-12-09, 01:50   Link #851
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Possibly but no guarantees. Cain would want the better tech for himself after all.

To my annoyance, Elfen Lied's author/mangaka is a fairly big inspiration on me hence my "dark" plot lines when I was trying to tone it down lol.
Old 2013-12-09, 01:50   Link #852
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier
Would anything have really changed had L-Elf come back with them not in a depression? I have my doubts. I doubt he would've bothered to tell Shoko anything other than that they had brought the scientists back. The only real difference would be that the deal with Arus would never have happened.
I think things would've played out differently had L-Elf been functional. However, it may have still ended up in disaster if this season is anything to go by. I would've liked to have seen another battle of wits with Cain though; especially given that L-Elf's confidence is at an all time low.
Old 2013-12-09, 01:56   Link #853
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mero View Post
that's just mean, funny but still :P it's mean

Bit struggling about this ep, a lot of WTF's good ones and bad ones, still on the fence on weather I like or dislike the overall things of how they handled shit.

But 1 thing remains undisputed, Shoko's a dumb ***** Saki still #1 girl \o/ ^^
Kyuuma was one of my favorite characters, but I couldn't resist

Quote:
Possibly but no guarantees. Cain would want the better tech for himself after all.
Maybe he'll even have the Condemnation Mirage? Saki has it in the future, but that doesn't mean she was the first to have it.
Old 2013-12-09, 01:56   Link #854
bigdeath

Quote:
Now thats just a low blow, shame on you..........

I did giggle a little though.....
Old 2013-12-09, 02:00   Link #855
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Now thats just a low blow, shame on you..........

I did giggle a little though.....
lol I couldn't help it.

I'm surprised no one caught the joke I said about Cain running Saki through with his sword

Quote:
To my annoyance, Elfen Lied's author/mangaka is a fairly big inspiration on me hence my "dark" plot lines when I was trying to tone it down lol.
Truth be told I wouldn't mind Valvrave going super dark. Not saying Shoko should end up like Casca. But I'm fine with darker.
Old 2013-12-09, 02:16   Link #856
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
lol I couldn't help it.

I'm surprised no one caught the joke I said about Cain running Saki through with his sword

Truth be told I wouldn't mind Valvrave going super dark. Not saying Shoko should end up like Casca. But I'm fine with darker.
So, basically you're okay with the idea that the Kamitsuki are injected by baby Magius that are asexually reproduced by Pino and each and every Kamitsuki will eventually succumb to the Magius's influence and later become Magius themselves. :x
Not as creepy but the idea is similar.
Oh and have them be aware that another consciousness is slowly invading their mind for more drama. O.o
Old 2013-12-09, 02:27   Link #857
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I think things would've played out differently had L-Elf been functional. However, it may have still ended up in disaster if this season is anything to go by. I would've liked to have seen another battle of wits with Cain though; especially given that L-Elf's confidence is at an all time low.
Well, he wanted to destroy the Phantom as far as we know, so there you have a massive departure of what could have happened.

Though if L-Elf was functional, it meant Lieselotte was safe and would become Magius target because secret conspiracy. They would have to be more careful though, in that case. But Lieselotte seemed smart and calming, that's what the Module needed. More competent somewhat adult characters who would keep it together.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-09, 02:32   Link #858
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
So, basically you're okay with the idea that the Kamitsuki are injected by baby Magius that are asexually reproduced by Pino and each and every Kamitsuki will eventually succumb to the Magius's influence and later become Magius themselves. :x
Not as creepy but the idea is similar.
Oh and have them be aware that another consciousness is slowly invading their mind for more drama. O.o
That would work.

Here's some suggestions.

Episode 10. Have Haruto attack Shoko. Go for it. Because at this point there has been no payoff for having him attack Saki. But if he attacks Shoko, there's some potential for some dark stuff. You could still have the whole they're in love with each other and the attack still happened so now they have to deal with that.

Or they could have had Saki turn crazy for Haruto. She wanted a personal bond that only she and Haruto shared. Well he attacked her. She could feel that's their personal bond that no one else can have. Even have her get jealous of Haruto's feelings for Shoko. Possibly have her grow to hate Shoko and maybe even attempt to get her out of the picture.

The desire for Runes and how they fuel the Raves. Make it so that if Haruto doesn't feed to power the Raves then have the other pilots go berserk.

Involve Pino more. Have her directly interact with Haruto and screw with his mind.

Still pretty light suggestions.
Old 2013-12-09, 02:42   Link #859
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think saying he botched things up is a tad too harsh when he had no reason to expect any of what happened, heck I doubt even L-Elf would've expected it, and things got out of hand before he could try and explain anything. He tried to explain things to Shoko on the shuttle, but by then she'd stopped listening to him.

Would anything have really changed had L-Elf come back with them not in a depression? I have my doubts. I doubt he would've bothered to tell Shoko anything other than that they had brought the scientists back. The only real difference I can think of would be that the deal with Arus would never have happened and the resulting consequences of it. He'd have shot Shoko and Iori before they would make it.
I think it might not have been as bad if L-elf was functional. Cain specifically says that he expected more resistance, and it's indicated that things would have been much tougher if L-elf had been there to keep an eye on things. Many people have already put forth all the changes he would have made, such as:
  • Having someone keep a better eye on the Phantom ship or destroying it altogether
  • Re-configuring the meeting so that it was not actually in the module but in a more neutral, secure location
  • Had Akira keep an close watch over the media and wireless networks
  • Had made sure that ARUS' military presence was kept to absolute minimum (did the students really think that allowing that much of the military into the module was standard for a summit?)
  • Kept a better eye on the hanger, kept a watch out for outside movements from Dorssia (do you think that an army that big just appeared?)
  • Also, he might have by earpiece, told Shoko what to say in case they were pressed by any sudden reveals.
  • He would have shut the whole thing down when he found out about the missing scientists as that was proof of foul play.
  • He would have also kept Haruto with him, or at least told the guy to not open his big mouth and risk implicating himself and others.

I don't know if all this would have stopped the massacre, but I know it might have limited it. L-elf knows how Cain works, and he would have noticed all the very subtle clues. Haruto was thinking about so many larger issues, that he never noticed the small things.

Also, if L-elf was functional, that means Lise would be with him, and you know he's not about to risk her safety needlessly. Screw Shoko's summit, L-elf would have had that place on lock-down the moment Lise told him she sensed other Magius around.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-09, 04:20   Link #860
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
But she didn't sided with Lulu in the very end, Saki will for Haruto. Also if Haruto does return her feeling, NO WAY, I repeat, NO WAY, she will willing to shared him with Shoko.
Did Kagura and chinese guy(forget his name) know everything?
or Ogi choose what to tell them?
(Ogi deal was to abandoned UN-something( including china) to save japan and one bitch as wife for himself so I think he just told them what he want them to know to hate Zero and hide the reset )

I guess it's same as shoko?
betray him without knowing anything
Closed Thread

Tags
crush under the bus