AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-06-08, 16:46   Link #21
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
Touma and Nephthys have gone over this. To compare two similar characters, I don't think you should go over the already similar points in great detail when you introduce the second character, but jump to the differences. Yes it's forced, but that was the point, to make him "seem" generic.

He's mad because he was forced to stray from his daily life because of someone's random whim. A perfectly valid reason. Sure you can call him a whining sissy for not manning up and accept it (as Touma did), it still doesn't make him a generic harem protag.

How about the fact that he not only wants to return to his normal life, but actively takes drastic measures in doing so? The fact that it won't work doesn't matter, it's all about the conviction. Generic harem protags may nag about their lives being out of whack, but ultimately does little to nothing to change it. I agree he started out generic, but through his actions and thoughts in two volumes he proved to be different from the bunch.
1) I know he is supposed to meant to be the generic archetype, which is what makes his scenes with his "harem" so boring.

2) He was never forced into anything, he chose to blame the Magic gods out of his own will.

3) Just because he does thing "differently" doesn't mean it's engaging to watch him, the only time he is anywhere near interesting is whenever he is around Touma and you can see their differences, how how they contrast against each other. I'm not saying that Kamachi didn't achieve what he set out to do, on the most part he did, but that doesn't change the fact that the Kamisato plotline drags it's ass anytime it focuses on him and his "harem", they are only tolerable whenever they are near the characters we already know, heck, Salome is the only good thing to come out of the Kamisato faction plotline.
Old 2016-06-08, 18:03   Link #22
Wandering Soul

So Miskai is making a return. Not only that, but the "Element" part has me interested.

I hope this volume continues Misaka's issues and her descent even further.
Old 2016-06-08, 18:13   Link #23
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I can almost see the snarky remarks from Misaki about Mikoto.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 23:20   Link #24
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Element...Please, Kamachi. Please let that have something to do with the ith District-Five Elements Institution. Please let this signal the return of Hyouka. And please let Mikoto fall deeper and deeper and not resolve Mikoto's issues just yet.
Lol, you hate her, don't you? But I really do hope it has to do with the District-Five Elements Institution. That also came to my mind. Though I have a feeling that Element actually instead just has something to do with the weather lol, and maybe it has to do with the disappearance of those two weather girls from last volume that Kamisato and Salome mentioned. But we have too little information to go on, so I guess it's okay for now.

Quote:
They also did not kill Aleister's daughter on purpose, didn't stop the man from taking action. Not saying they are the bad guys, but would you accept if someone permanently altered your life in a way you'd hate, even if they don't mean to? I'm not saying Kakeru's hate on magic gods is completely OK, just that it's justifiable. Being a magic god sucks, you make enemies simply through existing, have to hide in a hole to avoid screwing things up even more, and they are supposed to be gods.
Lol, that's a pretty compelling image. It's hard to imagine, but it is true. Poor Magic Gods.... Aleister clearly has a good reason for not wanting to be like them. Still, I have a feeling that Laura is the magic side version of Aleister... someone who is a chessmaster who is more OP than the normal powerful people of that faction. Perhaps, the Magic Gods are the equivalent of the AC (top) Kiharas (Noukan and Yuiitsu) and Laura is Aleister's counterpart? Either way, it's interesting to see that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
there is a single problem i see in this:
one is a non-canon version where basically anythig ca happen without any need for further plotline thinking or OOCs of characters,
and the other one is the canon version of index

i REALLY doubt that kamachi will do anything in that regard considering how small the actual deaths of named chars are (and even less about the good side, and even less if we consider the deaths of the good guys who are close to touma :/)
My worry is that while I don't expect anything like to happen out of the blue, I think that he very well could do it at some really important point in the plot. It's like how Kihara Kagun surprised and hit everybody so hard because no one was honestly expecting it. Maybe, he'll decide to hit someone close to Touma when we get closer to the end-game and make it be like Ace... in how it happens.

Either way, this volume sounds awesome.

His summaries are also diversions from the real deal. I just hope that now that Misaka is relevant story-wise and that Misaki has been properly introduced we won't get another NT 7... but I have faith lol. I wouldn't even mind if they split up lol... I just want to see Misaka and/or Misaki in action. Touma isn't the one I'm most interested in for once...

Most interestingly, Tokiwadai is getting attacked so I hope we see Uiharu, Kuroko, (and maybe even Saten), and perhaps the others? I'm pretty hyped. It sounds very fun.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 01:39   Link #25
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
My worry is that while I don't expect anything like to happen out of the blue, I think that he very well could do it at some really important point in the plot. It's like how Kihara Kagun surprised and hit everybody so hard because no one was honestly expecting it. Maybe, he'll decide to hit someone close to Touma when we get closer to the end-game and make it be like Ace... in how it happens.
like kuroageha said in another thread,
if othinus (who had more or less every flag raised) didnt die than i doubt that mikoto will do either
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 01:48   Link #26
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
1) I know he is supposed to meant to be the generic archetype, which is what makes his scenes with his "harem" so boring.

2) He was never forced into anything, he chose to blame the Magic gods out of his own will.

3) Just because he does thing "differently" doesn't mean it's engaging to watch him, the only time he is anywhere near interesting is whenever he is around Touma and you can see their differences, how how they contrast against each other. I'm not saying that Kamachi didn't achieve what he set out to do, on the most part he did, but that doesn't change the fact that the Kamisato plotline drags it's ass anytime it focuses on him and his "harem", they are only tolerable whenever they are near the characters we already know, heck, Salome is the only good thing to come out of the Kamisato faction plotline.
I was not arguing whether Kakeru's parts are interesting or engaging, that's up to you. Personally I also think the harem interactions are boring most of the time, but generic harem and generic harem protag are different things.

He was not forced to hate them of course, I don't doubt there are people who would welcome this change. He was forced with WR, then reacted like a person whose life got screwed over (in his eyes anyway) would. Not unreasonable, just a tad childish. Again I'm only arguing about the generic part.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 02:32   Link #27
felc57

I am honestly quite surprised how we go from "crazy" Mikoto to fanservice Mikoto just like that. I had to reread the synopsis twice to know that I was getting it right. I like the idea tbh, but just hope that it isn't misleading us, though I expect Kamachi to do something extreme again.
felc57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 08:31   Link #28
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

I expected a plot twist, but not to this level :O

I mean I did expect something strange to happen, but not to this level. I predicted accel. Kamachi broke my expectations once again!
Last_Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 16:02   Link #29
DragonXX

I want to know what date does this happen on because by the end of NT15 it was Dec.6 so does it happen on that day or does Touma finally get a break for a day or maybe even a week because the date could end of tellling us if there will be two Story Arc for Dec. or not because if my guess is right that Kamachi make a Story Arc 10-11 books without counting SS then we would be on the later half of this Story Arc now.

A theory I have is the next Story Arc will be a World Traveling Arc because this seen like the 6 book in a role to have AC at the core of it and it make me believe that this is pointing to a huge Climax which AC at it core. Beside wouldn't that be one of Touma biggest sanctuary the sanctuary of alway being about to return to AC after each of his adventure but image that sanctuary is destory at the end of this Story Arc, it would be worst then what Kamisato did to Touma in NT15 and it would truly mark an end to Touma Everyday Life which Touma trying to get back would be a major point to the next Story Arc and it would let other character who have bet put on a bus back into the Story which Touma not just staying in AC.
Well Accel could take back his role as the science side main character because Touma is not in AC anymore.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 16:47   Link #30
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
like kuroageha said in another thread,
if othinus (who had more or less every flag raised) didnt die than i doubt that mikoto will do either
No, that's exactly the point. Because it hasn't happened yet to even minor characters like Othinus, it'd be some super shock value if it happened to Misaka or Misaki, hence my fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Aeon View Post
I expected a plot twist, but not to this level :O

I mean I did expect something strange to happen, but not to this level. I predicted accel. Kamachi broke my expectations once again!
IKR!

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2016-06-09, 21:25   Link #31
entei08

I noticed a mistake when I translated the summary. It should be challenging Tokiwadai's defences instead.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 21:56   Link #32
zaikoi

Quote:
I noticed a mistake when I translated the summary. It should be challenging Tokiwadai's defences instead.
I am pretty sure that we still get the message in either way.
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 22:24   Link #33
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
No, that's exactly the point. Because it hasn't happened yet to even minor characters like Othinus, it'd be some super shock value if it happened to Misaka or Misaki, hence my fear.

IKR!
As if Kamachi is going to kill the second most developed character in the entire series (Touma is in first place, and Accelerator and Hamazura are 3rd and 4th place with the gap between them and the first two being a bit too wide), heck, the most developed female character in the entire series. As was said, Othinus was dead to rights and she still lived and she doesn't have the same range of development as Mikoto. Some of you seem to have been watching way too much GoT or the 100 (man season 3 was dark AF).

P.S. Just noticed that it releases the same week as my b-day.
Old 2016-06-10, 02:17   Link #34
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
As if Kamachi is going to kill the second most developed character in the entire series (Touma is in first place, and Accelerator and Hamazura are 3rd and 4th place with the gap between them and the first two being a bit too wide), heck, the most developed female character in the entire series. As was said, Othinus was dead to rights and she still lived and she doesn't have the same range of development as Mikoto. Some of you seem to have been watching way too much GoT or the 100 (man season 3 was dark AF).

P.S. Just noticed that it releases the same week as my b-day.
One Piece did it though. And it worked and people respect it. Therefore, Mikoto dying would have a way more powerful effect than sometning similar happening to Othinus. Either way, maybe it is unlikely. IDK. Would be much shock value though.

I'm happy that tokiwadai will be attacked. Should be fun.

Old 2016-06-10, 05:19   Link #35
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
One Piece did it though. And it worked and people respect it. Therefore, Mikoto dying would have a way more powerful effect than sometning similar happening to Othinus. Either way, maybe it is unlikely. IDK. Would be much shock value though.

That's highly subjective. I for one didn't like it, because it was a poor excuse to have Luffy to go train, it's cliché, seen it and it's old.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 05:44   Link #36
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
That's highly subjective. I for one didn't like it, because it was a poor excuse to have Luffy to go train, it's cliché, seen it and it's old.
That's actually a good point. And Misaka dying would affect the plot a little too much. Plus, I find it a VERY cheap trick when you kill an important character. Its just a thing that kinda forces you to cry, which many people have done just to make us jerk some tears. I find things that could have emotional impact AND no one dying far more appealing.(Which Kamachi has done a magnificent job in OT 22, I feel so epic there.)
Last_Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 19:40   Link #37
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Lol I understand you guys. To be fair, I don't even read OP. I've just heard from others that it is quite... impactful and good. So maybe it isn't as universally liked as I had assumed.

Kamachi does have a tendency to keep his characters alive and not have anything permanently bad happen to them... however, recently he seems to be trying to break his normal boundaries for plot developments. That's the main reason I've been worried. Maybe it won't go as far as Misaka dying, but like what if Kuroko or Uiharu died or something? That'd make Misaka go crazy probably? Or what if another one of the Misaka clones died?

He did "kill" off Noukan after all, even though people apparently saw that coming. (I didn't.)

Either way though, I'm pretty excited for this new volume. It seems pretty awesome. My one question is whether ELEMENT is actually important as opposed to just being another STUDY lol. Also, I wonder if ELEMENT is chemistry as opposed to the element deriving from Imaginary number district or element deriving from weather.

Old 2016-06-10, 21:33   Link #38
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Aeon View Post
That's actually a good point. And Misaka dying would affect the plot a little too much. Plus, I find it a VERY cheap trick when you kill an important character. Its just a thing that kinda forces you to cry, which many people have done just to make us jerk some tears. I find things that could have emotional impact AND no one dying far more appealing.(Which Kamachi has done a magnificent job in OT 22, I feel so epic there.)
Misaka dying would be more shock value than anything, and nothing meaningful like let's say, WhiteBeard.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 22:50   Link #39
DragonXX

Quote:
Lol I understand you guys. To be fair, I don't even read OP. I've just heard from others that it is quite... impactful and good. So maybe it isn't as universally liked as I had assumed.

Kamachi does have a tendency to keep his characters alive and not have anything permanently bad happen to them... however, recently he seems to be trying to break his normal boundaries for plot developments. That's the main reason I've been worried. Maybe it won't go as far as Misaka dying, but like what if Kuroko or Uiharu died or something? That'd make Misaka go crazy probably? Or what if another one of the Misaka clones died?

He did "kill" off Noukan after all, even though people apparently saw that coming. (I didn't.)

Either way though, I'm pretty excited for this new volume. It seems pretty awesome. My one question is whether ELEMENT is actually important as opposed to just being another STUDY lol. Also, I wonder if ELEMENT is chemistry as opposed to the element deriving from Imaginary number district or element deriving from weather.
I am hoping ELEMENT will be the enemy that was forshadow back in NT10 when Othiuns said
“But this is odd. On average, the climate here shouldn’t be enough for snow like this even during the winter. Well, I hear there’s been strange weather everywhere recently. I guess this kind of thing happens.”
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 23:07   Link #40
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

If that is a spoiler for anything beyond where the anime is currently at then that isn't cool dude, some of us prefer to watch the anime so something like this is unwarranted.

Now if it's something that has already happened in the anime and it's the deaths that I think you might be mentioning than just know that they don't quite equate to the same level of importance or development. Besides jist because ot happened in One Piece doesn't mean it will haplened here, I mean, people got killed off for literally no reason other than someone eneeded to die in Akame ga Kill (ugh, thanks for making me remember that PoS), doesn't mean someone is going to die in this series.