AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-06-28, 09:28   Link #2401
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
You make it sound like that's a simple thing to do.
Not my intention but it's not like he has any other options though.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 09:29   Link #2402
LROlsson

I've looked at this for a while now, and I believe that Valimar's design have changed. There are some things that are different, such as the piece in front of the legs, the horn has additional gold on the top. Two new black parts looks like it's sticking out on the upper part of the chest.
I kind of want to have a better look at Valimar to see if more has changed, it's a bit hard to see.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 11:05   Link #2403
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I'd be fine with "nerfing" Rean in the long run for future games. The ideal scenario would probably be completely sealing (or removing) his ogre power while letting him alive. This way he could still practice the Eight Leaves One Blade style with *stable* power-up(s) that don't f** him up over and over and over. If sealing/removing the ogre power is feasible, is the other question which depends on the in-verse rules around the Divergent Laws and other otherworldly concepts.
I think that the ogre power is too integrated to Rean's body while remaining in Osborne's control at this point. The best bet is for Rean to find a way to separate Osborne's influence, thereby making it his completely. However, they probably seal it off - hence the pic of Emma and Rean - and let Rean re-discover himself - thus forgetting his real name - but since he start with the power within him from the start now, he'll find a way to harmonize both that power and who he is and thus making it his own - which would explain the permanent white hair and red eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post

I've looked at this for a while now, and I believe that Valimar's design have changed. There are some things that are different, such as the piece in front of the legs, the horn has additional gold on the top. Two new black parts looks like it's sticking out on the upper part of the chest.
I kind of want to have a better look at Valimar to see if more has changed, it's a bit hard to see.
Seems like another power up then? Probably after Rean master both his power and the 7th Form.
Old 2018-06-28, 15:29   Link #2404
Marx-93

Valimar is super-mysterious, because I was 90% sure his change to that dark grey colour would be permanent (given that is how it appears in chains at the end of Sen III). I could see almost anything.

Also, Rean doesn't really need a nerf or much. His ogre power beating Aurelia was in a practice duel, while before it was established he needed to risk his own live to match Masked Arianrhod. While all that makes him very powerful, it's far from destroying the balance or really making him that relevant beyond his arc. Both Cassius and Arios are around that level for example, and given Victor's loss Class VII needs one around that level. Rather, the Society still has half of its enforcers and Anguis to reveal and the time of playing around ended with Sen III.
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 22:53   Link #2405
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx-93 View Post
Valimar is super-mysterious, because I was 90% sure his change to that dark grey colour would be permanent (given that is how it appears in chains at the end of Sen III). I could see almost anything.

Also, Rean doesn't really need a nerf or much. His ogre power beating Aurelia was in a practice duel, while before it was established he needed to risk his own live to match Masked Arianrhod. While all that makes him very powerful, it's far from destroying the balance or really making him that relevant beyond his arc. Both Cassius and Arios are around that level for example, and given Victor's loss Class VII needs one around that level. Rather, the Society still has half of its enforcers and Anguis to reveal and the time of playing around ended with Sen III.
I disagree, his ogre power right until the end of Sen 3 was 50% at best. Rean at 100% ogre power looks a lot like Mcburn. He could probably take on Cassius in that form.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 23:43   Link #2406
dniv
Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
I disagree, his ogre power right until the end of Sen 3 was 50% at best. Rean at 100% ogre power looks a lot like Mcburn. He could probably take on Cassius in that form.
He's also much younger which would make the new generation so much more OP than the old generation which seems like maybe poor plot writing since I don't see any indication that Rean is any sort of super genius or anything.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 23:50   Link #2407
dragon1412

I think people freak out way too much with the whole shipping things, let's face it, if Lloyd didn't get a canon end, there is no way Rean is

Valimar seem to have new design, though i see that the color remain the same, the only part seem different so far is the piece between the legs and his horn, which is a lot more curved with gold on, which look way better than the original horn in my eye

As for Rean's Ogre form, i think it's too early to assume anything about it, beside the fact that it's camr from Osborne, we literally knew nothing more about it, how much it is capable of, and worse, can Osborne use it
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 00:34   Link #2408
LROlsson

July month's calendar is out, no new Falcom Magazine next month.
Valimar is less foggy in this image, But Rean is still in the way...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-06-29, 04:08   Link #2409
LROlsson

Okay... This seems strange.
The official website says Sen no Kiseki 4 requires an internet connection.
Why?

https://www.falcom.com/sen4/product/
Old 2018-06-29, 11:05   Link #2410
Nighty40

Quote:
Why?

Yeah that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense seeing how this is a single player only game
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 13:22   Link #2411
Marina2

Quote:
Why?

C...Could it be some kind of DRM?

Or maybe we can do something with a game features by connecting to internet.
Old 2018-06-29, 13:59   Link #2412
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Why?

Might be a stupid question, but does it imply that the internet connection is required all the time or just for updating the game, for example?
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 14:07   Link #2413
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Might be a stupid question, but does it imply that the internet connection is required all the time or just for updating the game, for example?
Doesn't say, it only means that an internet connection is required to play the game.

I can't see Falcom forcing one to always stay connected though.
I would guess it's meant to fight back against broken street dates. Sen III was streamed/spoiled a couple days before release, so there might be a day one patch this time that makes it playable on release date. So everyone can more or less play it the same time.
So no one skips all the text and spoils the ending before the release date.

Either way, I don't really like this. Even if it won't affect me, I hate online requirements even though I rarely have problems with my connection.
Old 2018-06-29, 16:56   Link #2414
dniv
Season 3

Quote:
Doesn't say, it only means that an internet connection is required to play the game.

I can't see Falcom forcing one to always stay connected though.
I would guess it's meant to fight back against broken street dates. Sen III was streamed/spoiled a couple days before release, so there might be a day one patch this time that makes it playable on release date. So everyone can more or less play it the same time.
So no one skips all the text and spoils the ending before the release date.

Either way, I don't really like this. Even if it won't affect me, I hate online requirements even though I rarely have problems with my connection.
Maybe the Altina DLC is just not optional in their eyes?

Well, either way, it'd be weird if this were lie Dragon Quest X, lol. I doubt they'd suddenly do that so you're probably right...

Either way, this is shaping up to be really awesome. It's sad that we still have like almost 3 months of waiting sigh.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 21:43   Link #2415
rladls2121

Requires online connection to play.
Reminds me of Destiny.
But as in what, PSN?
Requiring PS Plus will just make things worse.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 04:30   Link #2416
LROlsson

I just now thought up another possible reason for why the internet is required, and it isn't DRM related.
In an interview, they said that they had used up all of the space on the bluray they could use for Sen 3, so it just might be that they never found any solution to the storage problem now that Sen IV more or less have the same assets plus even more.
Instead they force the customers to download the rest of the needed data.
I just hope that falcom clarifies soon...

Source to the interview
Old 2018-07-01, 06:01   Link #2417
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I just now thought up another possible reason for why the internet is required, and it isn't DRM related.
In an interview, they said that they had used up all of the space on the bluray they could use for Sen 3, so it just might be that they never found any solution to the storage problem now that Sen IV more or less have the same assets plus even more.

Source to the interview
If that Sen3 comment is true then it's very likely the internet requirement is because of that. At least I hope so.
Old 2018-07-01, 06:25   Link #2418
dragon1412

Quote:

Source to the interview
chance are this is the correct answer, 1 is that Sen3 was hit with the limit, an i expect a lot more graphic improvement with 4 & more playable char,
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 10:15   Link #2419
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I remember Sen 3 was only 20gb or less though?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 10:23   Link #2420
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I remember Sen 3 was only 20gb or less though?
Sen 3 is 38.80 GB(with updates I guess, PSN store has it at 37.84). A blu-ray is either 25(single layer) or 50(dual layer), but I don't know if Sen 3 is a single(with compression) or dual. I don't know how much of that space sony allows to be used if it's a dual layer, there might be a limit due to DRM reasons.

Tags
falcom, nice story, pc/steam, ps4, rpg elements, story rpg, trails series, xseed, zemuria