AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 14:50   Link #2301
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Who's saying some more people won't have to be killed. If anything it sounds like Kio might come to the conclusion that Ezelcant is the enemy and not the entire people of Vagan like Flit said and he'll try to reach a conclusion to the war by dealing with him.
Oh I'm sorry I guess acting appropriately against a ruthless enemy by making sure they stop breathing is passé. You have to understand the pain and anger they possess that drives them to tear your head off and disable their means of hurting others. Yeah, that means all you'll do is give them a chance to hop in another machine to have another go at killing you and your comrades, but hey, you have the moral high ground and you feel better for not having to kill anyone.

This is why Amuro remains the best Gundam MC. He's not a bloodthirsty monster looking for people to kill to make a point, but he understands that there are just some people out there that need some killing and not to tip-toe around about it.
Old 2012-06-22, 14:59   Link #2302
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Oh I'm sorry I guess acting appropriately against a ruthless enemy by making sure they stop breathing is passé. You have to understand the pain and anger they possess that drives them to tear your head off and disable their means of hurting others. Yeah, that means all you'll do is give them a chance to hop in another machine to have another go at killing you and your comrades, but hey, you have the moral high ground and you feel better for not having to kill anyone.
When it comes down to it, if Kio's comrades really feel the same way as you, they can go and finish the kill. Otherwise, unless Kio starts actively advocating not targeting the cockpits to the other pilots, how he chooses to fight is his own business.

But anyway, I think Kaioshin Sama is just calling for a wait-and-see attitude in this (and I guess many other AGE) matter(s).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 15:12   Link #2303
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post

This is why Amuro remains the best Gundam MC. He's not a bloodthirsty monster looking for people to kill to make a point, but he understands that there are just some people out there that need some killing and not to tip-toe around about it.
See I don't even get what you're on about because neither you or I have seen the episode in question. Hell it's still a month away. You can invent how you think the episode will play out, how Kio and his allies and enemies will act and react and whether it's justified or not, but until you see it nothing you say has any real meaning cause it's not a reaction to anything tangible.

This is like the whole magazine leak before the series started all over again. What is it going to take for people to stop making up their minds about things before they even exist with this show? It's the speculation thread not the prejudgement thread after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
But anyway, I think Kaioshin Sama is just calling for a wait-and-see attitude in this (and I guess many other AGE) matter(s).
Basically yeah. I know it's a tall order in this day and age, and I know people love to flip out all the time over silly stuff on the internet, but I'm merely suggesting that if people are going to flip out at the very least let something actually occur. Action then reaction, I've been over this I don't know how many times in this forum.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 15:26   Link #2304
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Basically yeah. I know it's a tall order in this day and age, and I know people love to flip out all the time over silly stuff on the internet, but I'm merely suggesting that if people are going to flip out at the very least let something actually occur. Action then reaction, I've been over this I don't know how many times in this forum.
Okay you're right I'm jumping to conclusions which I try not to on many things. Hell I was one of the few people who supported this show before it's airing when many condemned it.

It's just that I've seen whole understand the enemy thing before in the past 3 gundam series and it's getting really stale.
Old 2012-06-22, 19:42   Link #2305
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...trainwreck.jpg

I'm a little sad I'm kind of late for this.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 20:15   Link #2306
Yusei Fudo
Banned

This is like Kira Yamato mixed with 00Q..............
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 23:43   Link #2307
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post

LMAO! thanks for that, I had a nice laugh reading those comments.

some people really need to take a chill pill and wait for these episodes to come.

an understanding end doesn't necessarily have to be bad, it all depends on the execution
Old 2012-06-23, 00:20   Link #2308
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post

Lol the lengths they go to to try and look tough is pretty amusing I have to say. The solution to everything on 4chan is too just get angry. Doesn't matter what, gotta be angry about something.
Old 2012-06-23, 01:52   Link #2309
Justin_Brett

Waiting to see or not won't matter, since all the complaints about this are that it's what, the third major show to end like this in a row? Plus the way it's worded makes it pretty clear they're trying to remind people of Kira, who's of course really popular. I mean, not like the show's shied away from taking 'inspiration' from past Gundam series, but to do that as part of the ending, getting mad about it is fair, I'd say.

Not to mention this is happening in the last ten episodes of the show. At least SEED set the groundwork for it from the beginning.

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2012-06-23 at 02:07.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 02:36   Link #2310
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
it's what, the third major show to end like this in a row?
Not really, and besides, we don't really know how it will end. So far, we just have a spoiler concerning a possible change in attitude in Kio.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 03:32   Link #2311
WefiDasst

i dont think turn A had Loran kill any one...
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 05:45   Link #2312
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WefiDasst View Post
i dont think turn A had Loran kill any one...
He killed someone in a Mahiroo iirc. That was it.
Old 2012-06-23, 09:50   Link #2313
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Its rifle's name is Stangl Rifle, a variable which has even more fire power than Sixmaxis Rifle.

Its 3 forms are
1.Normal Mode
2.Charge Mode where the barrel spread up left and right.
3.Bazooka Mode formed by equiping the additional parts

Also Legilis's machine code is [Xvm-fzc], looks like its pilot is not Zeheart(who has "zgc" as suffix).
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 10:18   Link #2314
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Fram Z**** (her real surname) Custom?
Old 2012-06-23, 10:25   Link #2315
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

That will be twist, with the spoiler that Kio and Fram working together!
Old 2012-06-23, 11:00   Link #2316
rigolettohixar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Fram Z**** (her real surname) Custom?
Unlikely... If Fram is going to pilot L. gundam then who will pilot Farsia?
rigolettohixar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 11:34   Link #2317
Setsuna Asuka

Zeheart's other subordinate?
Old 2012-06-23, 11:47   Link #2318
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Waiting to see or not won't matter, since all the complaints about this are that it's what, the third major show to end like this in a row? Plus the way it's worded makes it pretty clear they're trying to remind people of Kira, who's of course really popular. I mean, not like the show's shied away from taking 'inspiration' from past Gundam series, but to do that as part of the ending, getting mad about it is fair, I'd say.

Not to mention this is happening in the last ten episodes of the show. At least SEED set the groundwork for it from the beginning.
And again this is only a problem if you assume it's an inherently bad turn that cannot work for the story, which up to this point I've seen no sign is the case. Plus it laid plenty groundwork for a generational conflict in having Flit be so set in his ways by the end of the first generation and Kio prove not to be so much. Also just because that one potential aspect of his personality is like Kira's does NOT mean he will be as bland as Kira, which is really what most people are getting all worked up over. So far he's not really like Kira or any Gundam lead that I can recall at all so I don't see how him trying not to kill people is going to make him a bad lead.

There's some incredibly leaps of logic going on with this whole bit of text and it's pretty amusing that it's yet again caused by blurry pictures from a magazine rather than anything tangible, but I hope people can stop the qq once the episode airs. If I can't hope for people to not whine and moan before actually experiencing something I'll at least hope for that much.

Anyway this is basically just the Gundam Cycle repeating itself again. People always get really worked up during the pre-airing phases of the show (OMG this looks nothing like Gundam! The franchise is ruined!) and the final quarter (OMG how could they take the show in this direction! Trainwreck hurrr!) so to say I didn't expect this wouldn't exactly be true. I just hope too that somebody actually learns something from it this time or at the very least becomes aware of it and the IMO farce they are acting out to the tune of trolls and malcontents everywhere.
Old 2012-06-23, 13:26   Link #2319
Justin_Brett

I wonder why I replied to that when I knew that's how you were going to respond.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:20   Link #2320
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
I wonder why I replied to that when I knew that's how you were going to respond.
What logically and with a clear-headed approach using comparisons and examples instead of just "RAWWWR ANGRY!" before even watching something?