AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-10, 14:55   Link #121
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

On a side note, it looks like the FujiTV broadcast version of "R.O.D the TV" has been cancelled. Hmm...I wonder if the Fuji broadcast couldn't get enough ratings? Well, at least there is only two more episodes to go on the SkyPerfect version.

Quote:
I cant take credit for noticing this but ill let you all know anyway (if you didnt already):

R.O.D. the TV Vol. #1 (also w/box) 100 min. 06/29/2004

Out on DVD in the US end of June Supprising its out so soon tbh, less than 3-4 months after it finishes airing in Japan I wish more companies did this (have yet to see the quality of the disks mind), thumbs up for Geneon Entertainment
Wow, that does seem fast - even taking to account our releases are already at five volumes (sixth on 3/26). Thanks for the info about Geneon releasing it in your country! Over here, it is done by Sony Music Entertainment - VisualWorks.
Old 2004-03-10, 18:49   Link #122
Bindibadgi
We'll miss u Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
On a side note, it looks like the FujiTV broadcast version of "R.O.D the TV" has been cancelled. Hmm...I wonder if the Fuji broadcast couldn't get enough ratings? Well, at least there is only two more episodes to go on the SkyPerfect version.

Wow, that does seem fast - even taking to account our releases are already at five volumes (sixth on 3/26). Thanks for the info about Geneon releasing it in your country! Over here, it is done by Sony Music Entertainment - VisualWorks.
At 3.30am jap time im not frikkin supprised!! Silly fools.

I hope they keep the covers on the western ones like the eastern ones - they are well quality!

Hope the AonE release isnt far behind AS
Old 2004-03-11, 05:01   Link #123
kansai

Anyone know the artist/title of the new ending theme?
Old 2004-03-11, 15:31   Link #124
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansai

No, I don't know who's the singer of that beautiful song, but I think she has the same voice as Yomiko's voice actor

About eps 23 & 24:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-11, 16:52   Link #125
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
No, I don't know who's the singer of that beautiful song, but I think she has the same voice as Yomiko's voice actor

About eps 23 & 24:
Spoiler:
Yeah, Anita was acting retarded. She knew that they werent blood related in the first place so it didnt make any sense for her to get angry.
Old 2004-03-11, 17:24   Link #126
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Anita was upset over the fact that their pasts, meeting and desire
to become sisters was forced upon them and their decision with
regards to the matter were manipulated by others. I, personally,
would have little desire to be near someone if I learned that they
were, in a sense, programmed to meet and befriend me. I think her
actions were quite understandable.
Old 2004-03-11, 18:21   Link #127
Zem

Ep. 23:
Spoiler:

hehe
"I'm your father, Luke!"
"Buahahah, yes, and I am the pope."
Old 2004-03-11, 19:48   Link #128
Michipoo
And Tiger TOO!!

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-11, 20:38   Link #129
babbito2k
annoying white bat

*sniff* episode 24 was so good *sniff* I didn't expect anything like that, it was beautiful.

This series and the OAV play out something like American superhero comics. The characters don't need to level up or power up or learn anything - they always have their superpowers and they just need to get into a position to use them against the enemy.

I think this is a good idea because it is easier to understand than the typical anime situation. Once you know a characters' strengths and weaknesses you can just enjoy the ride without having to puzzle out why the character is suddenly 10x stronger. Battle scenes are more straightforward and flow better.

I don't recall having seen this in many anime (Kiddy Grade is really the only one that comes to mind). I could be way off here but I know American comics and I just have been getting the same feeling ever since I saw the first OAV.
Old 2004-03-11, 21:10   Link #130
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansai
It's called "Confidence" by Rieko Miura, who's Yomiko's seiyuu like Hellychan said.
Old 2004-03-12, 00:27   Link #131
marin

Episode 24

WHAT THE HELL???
Old 2004-03-12, 06:23   Link #132
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin
Episode 24

WHAT THE HELL???
Wonders whats going on too! Anyone care to explain whats going on or what they think is going on. Theories anyone.
Old 2004-03-12, 06:53   Link #133
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan

About eps 23 & 24:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Anyway,
Spoiler:
This was such a good series, I hope they don't ruin it with a crappy ending...
Old 2004-03-12, 07:48   Link #134
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

okay, before we get confused about episode 24, I'd like to know who or what the heck is Mr. Gentleman to begin with? Genius? Alien? God? He looks a bit like Da Vinci for me...
Old 2004-03-12, 13:56   Link #135
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
okay, before we get confused about episode 24, I'd like to know who or what the heck is Mr. Gentleman to begin with? Genius? Alien? God? He looks a bit like Da Vinci for me...
He is supposedly the genius behind the whole rise of Brittain to power during the industrial revolution and after that. (Kinda like the mastermind of the British empire)
Old 2004-03-12, 14:29   Link #136
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Anita was upset over the fact that their pasts, meeting and desire
to become sisters was forced upon them and their decision with
regards to the matter were manipulated by others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Spoiler:
I didn't see it that way, but OK, from this point of view I have to admit that I can understand Anita's reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zem
hehe
"I'm your father, Luke!"
"Buahahah, yes, and I am the pope."
XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
It's called "Confidence" by Rieko Miura, who's Yomiko's seiyuu like Hellychan said.
Woohoo! I knew it

*cough*

I don't know what's going on in ep 24 as well o_O;

I hope to see Yomiko and Nancy in action soon ^^
Old 2004-03-12, 14:48   Link #137
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
*sniff* episode 24 was so good *sniff* I didn't expect anything like that, it was beautiful.

This series and the OAV play out something like American superhero comics. The characters don't need to level up or power up or learn anything - they always have their superpowers and they just need to get into a position to use them against the enemy.

I think this is a good idea because it is easier to understand than the typical anime situation. Once you know a characters' strengths and weaknesses you can just enjoy the ride without having to puzzle out why the character is suddenly 10x stronger. Battle scenes are more straightforward and flow better.

I don't recall having seen this in many anime (Kiddy Grade is really the only one that comes to mind). I could be way off here but I know American comics and I just have been getting the same feeling ever since I saw the first OAV.
Good point. One of the coolest things about the X-Men was that when they first encountered an enemy, they would often get their asses handed to them at times. They were frequently separated, took mountains of abuse and it seemed like their enemies had all the answers. It was a little frustrating to watch this happen to your heroes as it has been in R.O.D. Then they'd regain their balance, Scott would start barking out commands and they would own everything in sight. The sisters and Yomiko all look sufficiently pissed off and grounded now. It's payback time.
Now you got me all nostalgic about my comic collecting days.
Old 2004-03-12, 20:16   Link #138
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
As a side note, you may also remember Miura Reiko as a former member of the idol group CoCo.

Who is CoCo? They sang numerous songs for Ranma 1/2, most notably "Equal Romance." It was a fairly popular idol group - so much that the original Ranma seiyuus formed their own group in homage to them as DoCo.
Old 2004-03-13, 06:27   Link #139
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Love the series, but gotta nitpick on the plot a little bit...why didn't they just clone a new mr. gentleman to put his knowledge into instead of all the trouble of finding a new body and the ijin's...seems like a lot of trouble. I've only seen 1-17 so if it's been discussed in eps past that then a hundred pardons for my ignorance.
Old 2004-03-13, 07:15   Link #140
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Love the series, but gotta nitpick on the plot a little bit...why didn't they just clone a new mr. gentleman to put his knowledge into instead of all the trouble of finding a new body and the ijin's...seems like a lot of trouble. I've only seen 1-17 so if it's been discussed in eps past that then a hundred pardons for my ignorance.
For this, you might have to watch the OVA. The reason why Mr. Gentleman could not be cloned is because all of the data that had perfected the cloning technique was destroyed by the ijin's in the OVA. Besides that, the cloning procedures were not perfect at the time either; hence one of the reasons why there is no clone of him (plus, he separated his brain/knowledge in to the different books so that others would not get a hold of it, like Dokusensha... prior to Mr.Joker/Carpenter take over when China was still in control over it). The reason why an ijin's brain is needed for the procedure is because Mr. Gentleman is/was pretty much an ijin himself.

To answer another quote from earlier (asking who is Mr. Gentleman), Mr. Gentleman was a British guy who had the highest IQ in the world (off the scales in test scores). He was the smartest man who had ever lived in history whose speciality was in data (collecting, history, storing, etc., he was pretty much a brain with a super library of knowledge of all sorts ). His main interest though was in knowledge of all types, especially that of literature (hence being the head of the British Library, not to mention why London looks the way it does in episode 24). From his knowledge that he had gained early in his life, he pulled Britain out of the gutter during the industrial revolution (as zalas said earlier) and was able to gain power hear and their because of his influence he had to make England one of the greater powers of the world.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, drama