AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-12-15, 21:50   Link #21
Fran~
floating away...

I bet that the seal sequence that he gave to Madara isn't the real one, or perhaps it activates some weird jutsu...

ah... So Kabuto also has THAT (yeah, the very THAT) Jutsu?
Old 2010-12-15, 22:07   Link #22
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I wonder if those dots on the last page were the Zetsu spores.

Hmm, probably just dots representing the zombies. Hard to believe Kabuto would be clueless to the spores.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 22:19   Link #23
xPresagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
...but it's strongly implied he's no match for him now, but has plans to deal with him later.
Oh, I was basing my comments solely on the released spoilers. (The "..as long as he has Edo Tensei and the "other" jutsu, he will be invincible")

But the full chapter gives a different vibe: It seems he is aiming to use Madara and his war as both cover and a way to get Rikkudo's secrets.. all in the shadows. So it does make sense for him to prolong the truce as much as possible.

The fact that he acknowledges the Sharingan as a way to be put under submission is intriguing. Theoretically, Madara should be able to put an end to his schemes in a second (Edo Tensei or not).

Which means that his "ace card" has a much higher value than I originally expected (Madara's true body, his brother or the secret behind his current "shell"). On the other hand, Kabuto knows a thing or two about Genjutsu.. Is Zetsu trying to diminish/absorb his chakra? Things are getting interesting in that front.

As for the war?
*It was really nice to finally see the remaining Konoha's 11 fight. Didn't expect Hinata knowing/using Hakke. Hope the author gives them proper focus.

*I'm interested on seeing if the clone army could really defeat the Alliance on it's own. It's Madara's original bet, after all.

*Zabuza's plea was...

._

Wonder if Sakura will discover something relevant about the zombie's bodies.
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 22:36   Link #24
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
I wonder if those dots on the last page were the Zetsu spores. Hmm, probably just dots representing the zombies.
It looks like a map to me... because the grid.

Quote:
Hard to believe Kabuto would be clueless to the spores.
Well, spores are microscopical.
Old 2010-12-15, 22:42   Link #25
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Kabuto knew plenty about Zetsu. He should know he's most likely been planted with some.

And lol at the Zetsu massacre. Like popping the pimple of the earth.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 22:54   Link #26
Fran~
floating away...

i felt the necessity to post this...

Spoiler for The Hyuuga Combo!:
Old 2010-12-15, 23:22   Link #27
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

ZOMG they all have bloodlimits! they're super awesome!

Zabuza: except me -_-'
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 23:31   Link #28
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Ok, I admit it; this chapter was damn sweet. Just the right amount of strategy, insight and battle tactics make for an incredibly believable notion that this is, in fact, a war amongst ninja. But really, the interactions between Zabuza, Kakashi and Haku just stole the spotlight this time. It was incredibly heartwarming (ironic because these are dead bodies) to listen to them speak about Naruto's exploits while everyone else has a "WTF" reaction to it all. Now things are really building up with what Kabuto is doing.

-On a side note, can we all agree that the Zabuza cover was BADASS? Seriously, no other words feel fitting.
Old 2010-12-16, 00:06   Link #29
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPresagio View Post
It seems he is aiming to use Madara and his war as both cover and a way to get Rikkudo's secrets.. all in the shadows. So it does make sense for him to prolong the truce as much as possible.

The fact that he acknowledges the Sharingan as a way to be put under submission is intriguing. Theoretically, Madara should be able to put an end to his schemes in a second (Edo Tensei or not).
Since Oro's original goal was to discover the secret of the meaning of life by understanding all jutsu, I'm going to assume that Rikkudo's secrets are pretty much just that (or at least Kabuto thinks so). My question thou is why Madara doesn't seem that effected/enlightened by the secrets Kabuto supposedly wants from him? Or does Kabuto want something more than what Madara just has in his hands(eyes). . . Also even thou the temptation is there to compare Kabuto and Madara's power against each other, I'm holding reservation as clearly Kabuto hasn't shown any real intention of actually doing combat directly with Madara, instead he seems to be relying on multiple contingencies like edo tensei not canceling at his death, and the info he's gathering about Madara's war plans(case he switches sides).
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPresagio View Post
Which means that his "ace card" has a much higher value than I originally expected (Madara's true body, his brother or the secret behind his current "shell"). On the other hand, Kabuto knows a thing or two about Genjutsu.. Is Zetsu trying to diminish/absorb his chakra? Things are getting interesting in that front.
Kabuto seems confident he has something planned to deal with getting attacked by Madara's eyes. He also bargined for a white zetsu body, but since he bought Yammato instead of a Jinkuri, we don't really know if Madara gave him one. A big hint about his zetsu knowledge is that he said he wouldn't use the specialized anti mokuton poison on the zetsus, so he probably knows how they work in general, but he doesn't have a sensor type to be able to sense the spores.

Finally Does anyone else hate it when an unknown jutsu is referred to as "That" Jutsu. It's really starting to become a peve of mine.
Old 2010-12-16, 00:08   Link #30
SeanQ

IDGI...Haku and Zabuza don't like it, and yet forced to fight against their own will -_- but if they don't care about Kabuto and are already at peace, how come they don't vanish like Sasori and Sai's brother -_- as a matter of fact, half of the zombies are already at peace and don't give a crap about kabuto -_-
Old 2010-12-16, 00:09   Link #31
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
IDGI...Haku and Zabuza don't like it, and yet forced to fight against their own will -_- but if they don't care about Kabuto and are already at peace, how come they don't vanish like Sasori and Sai's brother -_- as a matter of fact, half of the zombies are already at peace and don't give a crap about kabuto -_-
How do you know they are at peace?
Old 2010-12-16, 00:14   Link #32
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
How do you know they are at peace?
Because Zabuza made peace with himself before dying...he has no reason to be alive again like Sasori after the talk...and he begged Kakashi to kill him...that's pretty clear indication that you're at peace...
Old 2010-12-16, 00:40   Link #33
ronin myael
lost ronin

ahhh, it's because zabuza and haku were hit by naruto's friendship no jutsu. lol
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 00:50   Link #34
xPresagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
Since Oro's original goal was to discover the secret of the meaning of life by understanding all jutsu, I'm going to assume that Rikkudo's secrets are pretty much just that (or at least Kabuto thinks so).
Yeah, hope that Oro's main goals are driving this new being. The notion of killing Sasuke just for a petty vengeance sounds... childish.

Guess the author won't touch the Rikkudo's topic again, until Naruto and Sasuke enter at scene (and fusion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
IDGI...Haku and Zabuza don't like it, and yet forced to fight against their own will
.. at least against Kakashi's team.

Because Haku sure didn't seem that opposed to engage Sai's team. As a matter of fact, he offered to do it.

It doesn't matter anyway.
Kabutomaru has now pushed the red button. Time to see the full extension of their skills - no limits anymore.

._

or at least I hope..
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 01:06   Link #35
james0246

'Twas a fun chapter. From Kabuto's and Madara's machinations, to the eruption of Zetsu babies, and of course the revelation of another level to Edo Tensei, all in all a very good chapter, and a worthy cliffhanger before the short winter break.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 01:45   Link #36
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Man that demon ice mirror in the sky above Sai was so freaking awesome I'm at a loss for words. Entire chapter smelled of badass.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 01:58   Link #37
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Even the Zetsu anthill? Lol xD Well, that part aside, yes, the chapter was pretty good. Kabuto riling up Madara was fun, but my fav part was the last page...apparently Kabuto found a way to finally gain full control over the dead, can't wait to see how it goes.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 02:35   Link #38
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
^Aye, I don't think that the Zetsu's are going to go down easily at all. So it was less a 'lolwut' moment and more of a 'shitjustgotreal' moment.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 02:36   Link #39
Nobodyman9
Banned

Remind me again why we should care about Kakashi having a rematch with someone he defeated three years ago?

Honestly though, this was a relatively inoffensive chapter.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 03:21   Link #40
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Remind me again why we should care about Kakashi having a rematch with someone he defeated three years ago?
Seven swordsmen of the mist is a group Kishi loves throwing around here and there (although this one doesn't have his sword anymore, heh). Also Zabuza is one of the few sane villains in Naruto, so maybe he can help Kakashi&co figure out how to break Edo Tensei without going through every ninja's emotional problems.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion