Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-25, 00:05   Link #381
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
??? Why'd you think so? They aren't going to drop a successful franchise just like that.
Look at P3S and you know where it is headed. Probably the same way Westwood Studios did after EA bought over them in the 1990s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The rules are interesting. In particular, macro.
Well that is pretty how much purchasing power you have when you combine a large margin with leverage. I bet that is the power of an Entre whose asset is a bear with beersteins as weapons, or has two assets who are brothers. *sarcastic*

Am I the only one who noticed that all the black money is used to buy soft drinks, coffee and alcohols, which are all liquids?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 01:29   Link #382
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Depends?
As of now, no way. NTR means to take the girl from a guy, which hasn't happened yet (probably).
Now if the protagonist steals her away from that rich guy (her current boyfriend), then yes... Maybe.
No, NTR can be the hero finding out about the heroine having a boyfriend or being a slut/prostitute.

You have to remember that contemporary meaning of netorare is far much more broader. It does however in such cases when hero finds out about his love interest for the hero to feel the raging feelings (rage, jealousy and feeling of lost) that are part of NTR.

Hell there are some cases of netorare between mother/son or brother/sister. So its not a must for the heroine to be his for it to turn into NTR.

So yes, this anime can be defined as a netorare. (though no one stole anything, ironic isnt it?) as it plays with rage feelings. This anime is a netorare pretty much clear cut as the protoganist experiences all feelings of being NTR'ed on him (despite the fact that she was never his to begin with and never stolen).

Now what we need to find if its a true ntr or just simulated one like in KNIM.

And serenade, you like orion still have few things to learn about h-tagging.

If the protoganist were to steal her away from the other guy (cosnidering its a real relationship) then it would be a netori, not netorare. netori and netorare though similar, are pretty different.

If you wnat to know more about netorare (the three types of it etc) then you can try This thread

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-04-25 at 01:49.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 04:46   Link #383
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
The rules of the Financial District

Spoiler for Size:

How to make (and lose) money in the Financial District

Spoiler for Size:

In another news, this official artwork by Nakamura reeks of Canon OTP all over. Kimimaro and Msyu doing the heart shape gesture together, hell even Msyu's hair tries to make a heart shape too.

That guide clears a lot of things up. Thanks for posting it. I'm still bit confused about thing: why are some assets (and thereby entrepreneurs) so much more powerful than others? It their strength based on their "future possibilities"?

The artwork is very nice. And cute.
Old 2011-04-25, 08:34   Link #384
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I finally had time to watch this anime, and I just thought of how ironic it is....it is so bloody true.

Currently the Japanese economy is heavy in sovereign debt, and technically speaking, the ones that are propping up the economy are the Yakuza. It is weird that it actually happened.....though the scenario within sounds rather unusual.

The OP has alot of stuff ;

1. The equations given are all basic finance equations, like future value, current value, depreciation, etc.

2. The president portrayed is Obama.

3. US is depicted by spending alot on war.

4. The first thing depicted is the construction sector, which is one major sector that kills economy because of the high-value profit and incredible risk it carries.

And the dream of fixed income and a fixed lifestyle is pretty unrealistic. Money depreciates faster in this day and age as it flows faster in this economy, so how can one have a fixed lifestyle without constant financial management?

This seems like an anime hitting out against investing and trading as the real crashers of economy. The real thing that crashes economies is "speculation", which means unchecked and unresearched trading with hedges, leverages and margins. From the 1st episode, Masakaki already points out that "using future as a collateral" is the name of the game, and that is the very premise of trading. It is not gambling, it has worse consequences as gambling because you are using money that you don't have.

--------------------------------------------------------------

And I compiled all the terms based on what little trading knowledge I have (none of which is learned in my biz school, damn bastard syllabus, so if there is any mistake PLEASE point it out. Thank you!) :

Open deal : Taking up a trading position.

Direct : Controlling your trade without stop losses or take profit - scalping.

Go bankrupt without defending : Stop loss, or simply willingness to let go in terms of trading psychology.

Micro : Pour money into position, increase the size of the trade. I believe it means to increase the position size through margin or leverages based on beginning capital. Most likely it takes from "micromanaging a position".

Veterans have larger margin : Since they are better at trading, they have significantly better credit worthiness than rookies. It's called margin trading.

Attaching a cost to a profit : Set a take profit point. Usually in trading it is in percentages based risk-return ratios.

Mezzoflation : LEVERAGE. It allows you to use what little money you have, and use it as though you had many times more. It is different from margin because margin means to borrow, while leverage means to use the broker's money directly. Kimimaro used a 1:20 leverage, assuming his capital is the original 5 grand.

Macro : Significantly increasing the size of the trade through margin AND leverage. Incredibly risky, but very high returns too.

Closing : Close of the daily trading cycle, or when the stock market closes. I need to watch more episodes to see if the closing refers to a single trade, or a daily trade (day trading), or a weekly trade (swing trading).

Asset : Capital. Kimimaro's attachment to his asset is going to get him into alot of trouble later because he refuses to risk anything to gain more.

Second tactic to winning : having the higher increase to total profit : Scalping. Opening an immediate position when the candlestick changes direction due to news, then letting the profits run by itself before closing the trade. Receiving a counterattack means to that the opponent goes the opposite way of your position (while going long, he opens a bigger position on a short, driving prices down) and if he succeeds, you get bankrupted because you have no stop loss.

Black money : Credit. Because it isn't real money at all.
--------------------------------------------------------------

When Mashu pointed out that he took a little loss, it probably meant that his opponent had the market going against his position, i.e it went long but the stock went down. He went on to increase his trade size to 3m in order to cover his loss (that is more than 3 times the amount of his previous position, no matter how you look at it, it is insane).

Though I can't wait to see this anime pun at naked short selling. Fighting without money yet winning....sounds interesting.

Nonetheless, the part where Masakaki pointed out about entrepreneurship to Kimimaro is certainly a good jab at Economics students - plenty of them in my school have absolutely no idea what they are learning, and not many teachers know what they are teaching either, hence the term "dismal science".

Anyway, I want to ask a question for those of you living in Japan, does the currency rate still applies in this anime? Like when Kimimaro gets 500k into his bank account, he is getting 5 grand of any other currency since the Japanese denomination of a dollar is 100yen? Also, 5 grand is also pretty much the standard most brokers accept as a minimum trading capital, like Think or Swim or Interbank.

P.S Btw, Kimimaro won a 6R trade. Meaning which he had earned 6 times of what his original capital is. That is the power of mezzoflotation, namely, leverage.
Whoaaaa!!! Interesting observations and analyses! Mind if I add the OP parts in this post? Credits to you, naturally~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Am I the only one who noticed that all the black money is used to buy soft drinks, coffee and alcohols, which are all liquids?
Whoa! You're right! It would be cool if it really wasn't coincidence! Liquid Assets, huh. Heehee~

Quote:
In another news, this official artwork by Nakamura reeks of Canon OTP all over. Kimimaro and Msyu doing the heart shape gesture together, hell even Msyu's hair tries to make a heart shape too.

Thanks for the images AND OMG I LOVE THAT PIC!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! I don't see them as a pairing at first but that heart shape and Nakamura drawing just... just.... AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! *lists new OTP*
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 08:55   Link #385
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
Whoaaaa!!! Interesting observations and analyses! Mind if I add the OP parts in this post? Credits to you, naturally~

Whoa! You're right! It would be cool if it really wasn't coincidence! Liquid Assets, huh. Heehee~
Eh yeah sure. Go on.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-04-25, 10:59   Link #386
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post

And serenade, you like orion still have few things to learn about h-tagging.
What's "h-tagging"?
Old 2011-04-25, 11:30   Link #387
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That guide clears a lot of things up. Thanks for posting it. I'm still bit confused about thing: why are some assets (and thereby entrepreneurs) so much more powerful than others? It their strength based on their "future possibilities"?

The artwork is very nice. And cute.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Plus there'd be no reason to go out and acquire other assets if they didn't have different levels of strength. Think it's probable that some people just have greater possibilities and thus get a better asset when they start off.
Old 2011-04-25, 13:25   Link #388
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
What's "h-tagging"?
Uploader of h-manga and eroge games, usually needs to tag the material uploaded and i call it h-tagging. For all the years I have been an uploader, netorare tag still gives me headache from time to time. (netorare as a term we use today mostly comes from eroge so it comes hand in hand with h-tagging).

its good when companies list it as netorare by themselves upon putting the games one sale. It helpd to understand thejapanese NTR tagging better.

Some even bath in NTR glory like Lune Team Bitters (Soredemo etc), usually focusing on netorare games.

I have had a few eroge games that had the similar plootline like this one and were tagged as a netorare (in one childhood friend suddenly learns his love interest having a boyfriend and sees them having sex (its an eroge after all) - the game ends depending on the choices player makes - either its fullblown netorare or the netori (if the guy takes his love interest for himself)).

So yeah I would say C does indeed match an non-H netorare anime plotline (discovery of the love interest haviung a boyfriend and the unpleasant feelings that follow). However, we still have to see how real that dating is, and if the girl is really a gold-digger.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-04-25 at 13:39.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 14:23   Link #389
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I can say some entrepreneurs are stronger simply because they have more assets. Mikuni supposedly has more than one.

I'm sure "talent" plays a role in determining how strong your asset is. Whatever form talent might take in this anime... investing skills, economic prospects, or just sheer force of will? Maybe it's a heart that cares about others - Kimimaro's protective behavior toward his asset is pretty abnormal, according to Msyu. It seems few people really care about their assets as a living being, and are more concerned with how much money they can rake in.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 14:51   Link #390
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Kimimaro's protective behavior toward his asset is pretty abnormal, according to Msyu. It seems few people really care about their assets as a living being, and are more concerned with how much money they can rake in.
Kimimaro may turn out to have romantic attachment towards his asset Msyu (and vice versa) sooner or later, which could turn out to be a good and a bad thing.

Good as in they form a mutual trust towards each other, thus be able to deal more effectively.

Bad however, would be Kimimaro's unwillingness to see Msyu get hurt (even though she's technically immortal) and might do something reckless to (unneededly) protect her which could potentially jeopardize the deal
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 07:57   Link #391
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Kimimaro may turn out to have romantic attachment towards his asset Msyu (and vice versa) sooner or later, which could turn out to be a good and a bad thing.
I'm hoping not (anime just loves human x non-humans too much) and me x my future (since assets are the embodiments of their futures) just seemed weird o_O

But drats... they're looking cute. And the artwork with them doing a heartshape just drove me crazy xD Haha!

@SaintessHeart
Updated post but I didn't get this part ^^;
Quote:
4. The first thing depicted is the construction sector, which is one major sector that kills economy because of the high-value profit and incredible risk it carries.
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 08:29   Link #392
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
@SaintessHeart
Updated post but I didn't get this part ^^;
The part where you see the silhouette of architects looking into building plans? Yeah.

The construction sector is a big risk because privatising the sector can lead to mass buildings, as the products construction companies sell are of course, buildings. And they only sell well if people want somewhere personal to live.

The problem is, in supposed "hot districts", speculators often buy up property in order to profit in the future, and property isn't cheap. So most people buy their houses to pay in instalments, or mortgage the original property they own to fund their new property, thinking that the profit they get in the future will cover both their properties in the future.

This results to increased lending by banks, prompting government to push up interest rates to prevent their money from being depreciated. The rise in interest rates will also hurt the mortgage (ARMs, Adjustable Rate Mortgages) and loan interest rates, resulting in most people not being able to repay their loans. The banks then take the houses which is the promised collateral, resulting in a foreclosure.

But if there is a mass buyout of property, this means a mass foreclosure, meaning which the bank has tons of property in hand to auction off and recover their losses. The effect of this is no-brainer economics - high supply + lagging demand = price fall. And if the demand is stagnant or takes a nosedive, then the price reaches a ridiculous low. The banks, having loaned their money out, are unable to recover them, and thus are forced to declare illiquid.

When bank close down, the country's financial strength is hurt because the world market loses confidence in its currency since the banks which closed down took the liquidity and asset strength backing the currency with them, resulting in an economic crisis.

Also, black money isn't exactly counterfeit money. It is more of credit or "quantitative easing" because it has dubious assets backing it, rather than counterfeit money, which is just a unsanctioned copy of something that has assets backing it. If the money isn't sanctioned, the people wouldn't be using them.

Old 2011-04-26, 21:49   Link #393
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:

Spoiler for Size:

How to make (and lose) money in the Financial District

Spoiler for Size:

Thanks a lot for this. Clears up some things and confirms others I'd guessed from watching the battles.

Nice art work. I assume these are all shows done by Nakamura? I've seen Mononoke and quite liked it (quite different from C), but I'm not familiar with the person on the left. The shot of those two does give that sort of vibe and given the ending sequence I'm not too surprised if this ends up happening.

Curious as to how that would even work, though some more explanation is needed on what precisely Assets are as "My Future" seems rather vague. If she's some sort of aspect of him or something then this probably won't end well, though her comment on being a rookie too strikes me as an odd thing to say.

The notion that human shaped ones are more powerful seems like a good bet and something that wouldn't surprise me much at all.

Thus far this show is pretty interesting. The animation is a bit disappointing and the shift to CG all of a sudden is rather weird though I think it works with Makisaki as it enhances how odd and creepy he is.

At the very least, the show has me curious as to where it plans to go with all this and while Kimimaro isn't the most interesting fellow (which may be appropriate given how rather unremarkable he seems to be to others in the show), I'm interested in seeing how he'll end up going along with all this. The general way I'd expect this to go would be for him to fall into the greed and quickly rise up, but then have something happen that makes him realize this is a bad move. Maybe not. I wonder if there will be any sort of explanation for why exactly he was able to do so well, though maybe his future was one filled with potential for greatness and that somehow influences things.

Mikuni is also rather interesting in how the second episode has Q pointing out that he started out in a very similar position which makes him a possible path that Kimimaro may take. He'll probably end up as a rival if the opening means anything, though I'd be surprised if he ends up the main obstacle for Kimimaro. I get the impression he's up to something from his words during that little meeting, but what I don't know.

Too early to tell with some like Mysu and Q. Mysu seems feisty and Q rather quiet though I get the impression Mikuni cares a lot about her. Wait and see with them.

I quite like Makisaki if only by how he's both creepy and amusing to me. I've noticed he quickly diverts away from any attempts by Kimimaro to question either what he is exactly or who precisely is behind this whole system. Is he perhaps an Asset, but a very powerful or special one? I'm enjoying hearing Takahiro Sakurai in a role like this, which is different from what I'm used to hearing from him.

Economics isn't my specialty whatsoever and I'm wondering if they'll do anything really meaningful with it or just use it as a placeholder. Wait and see.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 23:05   Link #394
lordshadowisle

Ah, with the rules fixed the potential for battles becomes more interesting.

In particular I like how the two different ways of winning duels result in different strategies for veterans and beginners. Using percentage increase in funds as one of the winning criteria translates into a disadvantage for veterans with lots of money; whereas beginners can cherry tap the opponent once and hide, veterans have to do a lot more to have the same percentage of fund increase.

This probably encourages veterans to go for the kill, which is why it's regarded as a rarity for beginners to win.
lordshadowisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 08:20   Link #395
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
I'm hoping not (anime just loves human x non-humans too much) and me x my future (since assets are the embodiments of their futures) just seemed weird o_O
Let's put this way

Since Assets are embodiments of one's future.

Love your asset = Love your future = You are optimistic about what your future holds = You'll have a bright future.

Therefore Entres should make out with their Assets for a bright future, regardless of species and gender!
Old 2011-04-27, 09:35   Link #396
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

But drats... they're looking cute. And the artwork with them doing a heartshape just drove me crazy xD Haha!
The OP does have Mashu showing some feeling towards MC so it's prob going to happen.

People there love money so they love their assets. Souichiro was on a date with his. Souichiro and MC are suppose to be alike.
Old 2011-04-27, 11:05   Link #397
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Let's put this way

Since Assets are embodiments of one's future.

Love your asset = Love your future = You are optimistic about what your future holds = You'll have a bright future.

Therefore Entres should make out with their Assets for a bright future, regardless of species and gender!
Good point. ^_^
Old 2011-04-27, 11:37   Link #398
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Biology lesson? In the ED theme?

More likely than you think!

Spoiler for C - The Biology of the Sperm and the Egg:
Old 2011-04-27, 11:40   Link #399
konart

Quote:
Biology? In the ED theme?

It's a scene from Star Wars, lol
Old 2011-04-27, 12:56   Link #400
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Nice art work. I assume these are all shows done by Nakamura? I've seen Mononoke and quite liked it (quite different from C), but I'm not familiar with the person on the left.
He's the "adult" version of Dr Ichiro Irabu, the star of Kuuchuu Buranko, Kenji Nakamura's previous noitaminA series before [C].

Quote:
Biology lesson? In the ED theme?

Well... I wonder how their children would look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
People there love money so they love their assets. Souichiro was on a date with his. Souichiro and MC are suppose to be alike.
Are we certain about that? I'm not entirely sure Soichiro was dating Q that night, unless something was lost in translation? To me, Soichiro treats Q more like a favourite pet rather than a love interest.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, finance, noitamina