AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-06, 21:44   Link #121
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Mmm that gameplay video is quite awesome.
Old 2011-06-29, 02:41   Link #122
Xion Valkyrie

The biggest improvement in terms of graphics seems to be the LOD objects. The mountains in Skyrim look really really good. In Oblivion, they were just randomly generated meshes with really low res textures, which is something even the best mods could not fix.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 02:51   Link #123
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

This game is going to kill my computer good thing I can buy it on the Playstation 3. But I must say that the graphics are just gorgeous, but the amount of time that's going to be invested in this game... I'm scared to get it
Old 2011-06-29, 03:13   Link #124
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

PS3? You wanna play TES game on PS3?

I wouldnt want to play without mods.. thus, as usual, pirate the game when it comes out.. buy the game 1 year later
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 03:24   Link #125
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well some people don't have a great pc so but true for the mods.

So the game = ~20-30h for the main scenario & ~100h+ for 2nd quests , exploration....
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 04:03   Link #126
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well some people don't have a great pc so but true for the mods.

So the game = ~20-30h for the main scenario & ~100h+ for 2nd quests , exploration....
Since I think the game will have similar, or possibly even greater longevity than Oblivion, I think its more like 500+ hours for everything else. Well it all depends on how you play the game. If you're the type of person who likes to fully immerse yourself in the game, takes it slow, doing every possible thing, exploring every little corner and detail, etc etc...sometimes it almost feels like the game never ends
Old 2011-06-29, 07:29   Link #127
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Which reminds me.. I only beat Dagoth Ur twice.. 1st with default game, never knew about mods that time.. and 2nd, to unlock play the underground mod by Qarl

And I still havent beat Oblivion main quest.. actually, the farthest I've made regarding the main quest, is meet Jauffre
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-06-29, 07:57   Link #128
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
PS3? You wanna play TES game on PS3?

I wouldnt want to play without mods.. thus, as usual, pirate the game when it comes out.. buy the game 1 year later
I enjoyed Morrowind perfectly fine on my Xbox. Oblivion too. Well I didn't; because Oblivion was awful and even mods could not have fixed that.
I could get it for PC, could easily run it even but I want to play RPGs from my couch and on a big screen.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 12:23   Link #129
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I don't understand why people buy games that they deem aren't worthwhile out of the box and need mods to make it good.
Old 2011-06-29, 12:47   Link #130
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I don't understand why people buy games that they deem aren't worthwhile out of the box and need mods to make it good.
TES is worthwhile out of the box. It's just that it's value more than doubles if you can get mods.

Oblivion is a little unique in that some part of the game is seriously broken and needed fixing, but otherwise normally vanilla TES is fun by itself.
Old 2011-06-29, 14:14   Link #131
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

It's simple , mods = more games. And , if you look at Oblivion graphic mod , they really did a great job !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 23:51   Link #132
Xion Valkyrie

Truthfully I don't think I would have finished Fallout 3 without the 100+ mods I was running.

Also, 212 mods and 50 hours (clocked by the save, but probably double that total) in Oblivion right now, and I'm still level 1 and haven't gotten past the first part of the main quest yet lol...
Old 2011-06-30, 01:08   Link #133
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I honestly dont see the big problem with Oblivion vanilla... I mean its no where near Morrowind... aahh man i miss bloodmoon.

But it was a great game...
Old 2011-06-30, 01:14   Link #134
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I honestly dont see the big problem with Oblivion vanilla... I mean its no where near Morrowind... aahh man i miss bloodmoon.

But it was a great game...
Oblivion's greatest flaw is that the game is harder the higher level you are, which makes leveling pointless and thus force metagaming. Also nearly 90% of all treasure are levelled, so everything you can get is only linked to your level. This means all the magic weapons you find at level 1 are rubbish, while all the magic weapons you can find at level 30 are all really powerful, but still rubbish because all the enemies have their HP raised so it takes the exact same amount of time to kill if not longer.

The best way to play Oblivion is by never sleeping and to keep your level at single-digits. If that's not a flaw I don't know what is.
Old 2011-06-30, 02:30   Link #135
Xion Valkyrie

Vanilla Oblivion also had terribly ugly characters, with really horrible animations (everyone looked like they where hunched over). The animations were a lot more tolerable in FO3, because carrying a gun made it not look as awkward, but in Oblivion itwas just really off putting. Thankfully mods really rectified both those issues.

VCV already mentioned the terrible level system. Also, there were TONS of bugs that had to be fixed with later official and unofficial patches, so it pays to wait.
Old 2011-06-30, 02:38   Link #136
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

And did I mentioned I really really hate the grinding just so I get the +5 modifier at level up?

I cant play with vanilla level up system. In MW, i go for GCD, in OB, right now, I'm using ROM, so its similar to Realistic Leveling. You are what you do... Shoot fireball, your willpower increase, smooth talk all beauty, your personality increase.. automatically. No messing up with leveling page.

I prolly wait for similar mod in Skyrim if they dont change the leveling system.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-06-30, 03:07   Link #137
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
And did I mentioned I really really hate the grinding just so I get the +5 modifier at level up?

I cant play with vanilla level up system. In MW, i go for GCD, in OB, right now, I'm using ROM, so its similar to Realistic Leveling. You are what you do... Shoot fireball, your willpower increase, smooth talk all beauty, your personality increase.. automatically. No messing up with leveling page.

I prolly wait for similar mod in Skyrim if they dont change the leveling system.
You don't know what is the new Skyrim system?

The new system is that you get exp from increasing your skills directly. When you gained enough exp from skill increases you level up and pick a perk. You also get a choice between raising health, mana, or stamina per level-up.

The amount of exp you get for skill increases is based on how many skill points you already got in that skill; if you raise a low level skill, the exp gain is low. If you raise a skill from 99 to 100, you get a big exp boost. The aim in the game is to stop metagaming and just let you play naturally.

No +5 modifier rubbish, thankfully.
Old 2011-06-30, 04:30   Link #138
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Didnt really follow the development. But its good to know they moving away from that modifier system..

But it still some picking.. So maybe I close my eyes and randomly click them.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2011-06-30, 05:37   Link #139
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Didnt really follow the development. But its good to know they moving away from that modifier system..

But it still some picking.. So maybe I close my eyes and randomly click them.
You do not want to randomly pick perks, trust me. There are perks that are related to specific weapon types, perks that boost certain elemental spells, perks that make shields resist attack spells, etc. You need to choose perks that match what equipment you actually use.

And it isn't exactly hard to choose if you want more stamina, health or mana. It depends on what kind of character you want to play as.

There are about 280 perks available all together, but you only get to have 50 perks in the whole game. So choose wisely.
Old 2011-06-30, 07:00   Link #140
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh... right.. those things i havent played in so long I forgot about the bad parts... or was i trying to forget? .. who knows XD but Skyrim looks amazing none the less...

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim