AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-25, 09:38   Link #81
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeyuranh View Post
It's hard to understand, the time travel machines can create another copy of yourself. So in 2010 when she went back, she left the IBM5100 in the shrine, and became John Titor. So John Titor, is very old in 2010, and Amane is also there in 2010(the young one)
Pretty sure Braun said that she died 10 years prior, which would been 2000.
Old 2011-08-25, 13:14   Link #82
ibeyuranh

Wait what, Braun said John Titor died? How does bruan know who JT is? I thought in that timeline John Titor never produces his theories
Old 2011-08-25, 14:22   Link #83
GDB

He knows who Ishida Suzu is, and when she died. When she died, so did John Titor, whether anyone knew it or not.
Old 2011-08-26, 13:43   Link #84
Alucard24

except if there is another Titor....
Old 2011-08-26, 21:08   Link #85
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
except if there is another Titor....
There could have been. There's no solid evidence that the Titor who appeared in 2000 was Suzuha.
Old 2011-08-30, 13:23   Link #86
Battler-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
There could have been. There's no solid evidence that the Titor who appeared in 2000 was Suzuha.
Hasn't Titor (Suzuha most probably) stated that she never travelled back to 2000 a few times online?

But what's up with that year then?
Can't remember it correctly.
That's something which bugged me, but i just ignored it.

I wonder what role Makise will play, with herself.
I wonder what her plans are now with the present timeline, going back to that room.
Maybe this would trigger the very event of her dying.

Lol, it would be like a self sacrifice of her alternate/future self...to prevent a certain event to happen.

But i don't want any of the girls to die
Old 2011-08-30, 15:19   Link #87
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Hasn't Titor (Suzuha most probably) stated that she never travelled back to 2000 a few times online?

Can't remember it correctly.
That's something which bugged me, but i just ignored it.

I wonder what role Makise will play, with herself.
I wonder what her plans are now with the present timeline, going back to that room.
Maybe this would trigger the very event of her dying.

Lol, it would be like a self sacrifice of her alternate/future self...to prevent a certain event to happen.

But i don't want any of the girls to die
IMO the whole point of the Titor reference from 2000 was a quick, easy way to show to the viewers that the world line had changed, by taking an event most of us were familiar with and setting it for a different year.
Old 2011-08-31, 02:22   Link #88
ibeyuranh

I just read the translated manga 00, I and determined to believe

there is 2 Okarin, as in a VERY old Okarin, and present Okarin. OR. Grandfather clock loop cause he went back in time and there are two present Okarin.

The reason why he doesnt retain his memories, because this time he's traveling back in time instead leaping memories.

This just leaves my theory with one thing unexplained.

It requires Okarin to send the first Dmail that cause Makise to not have died.

2. there are multiples running World Line.

3. A totally different complete story line that occured where Makise finishes time travel machine in 2036 which caused the resistance to send Amane to go back in time to kill Makise. Something strange happen caused 2036 caused Okarin to go back in time to prevent Amane from killing her. This justifies two continuing World Lines.
Old 2011-08-31, 02:50   Link #89
HKsekai

I think after the latest episode, a lot of things have been made clear. While we don't know how the story will unfold yet, several things are certain:

In beta world line:

John Titor visited year 2000 seeking the IBM 5100
Makise Kurisu was stabbed
World War III breaks out

In the alpha world line:
John Titor never existed (the plot involves Suzuha losing her memory after stopping in Akihabara searching for her dad)
Makise Kurisu doesn't die, and invents the time leap machine.
World War III doesn't seem to break out, but SERN seems to be deeply involved in world happenings.

I agree with the people who believe Titor IS Suzuha, just as she claimed, but I'm confused as to why she called herself Barrel Titor in the Beta line.
Also the Okabe-esque voice that you hear before finding a dead Kurisu is also a mystery at this point.
Old 2011-08-31, 03:48   Link #90
Doria

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKsekai View Post
I think after the latest episode, a lot of things have been made clear. While we don't know how the story will unfold yet, several things are certain:

In beta world line:

John Titor visited year 2000 seeking the IBM 5100
Makise Kurisu was stabbed
World War III breaks out

In the alpha world line:
John Titor never existed (the plot involves Suzuha losing her memory after stopping in Akihabara searching for her dad)
Makise Kurisu doesn't die, and invents the time leap machine.
World War III doesn't seem to break out, but SERN seems to be deeply involved in world happenings.

I agree with the people who believe Titor IS Suzuha, just as she claimed, but I'm confused as to why she called herself Barrel Titor in the Beta line.
Also the Okabe-esque voice that you hear before finding a dead Kurisu is also a mystery at this point.
I can't remember the specific episode (it was one of the Suzuha-specific ones), but "Barrel" was basically a pun with Hashida's name. I am almost certain they explained how the pun worked in the episode itself. Go back and look for the discussion--it was at the pin guy's place... the one with the, uh... questionable language skills--in those episodes. It should explain it for you.
Old 2011-08-31, 08:13   Link #91
The Drunk Demoman
~ fabulous ~

I think that Okabe (from future possibly) or Suzuha kill Makise, it maybe has something to do with Suzuha saying that Kurisu worked for SERN?

Do note that anime begins with an timeleap, and I'm pretty sure now that the girl in ED is Kurisu.
Old 2011-08-31, 12:37   Link #92
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post

Well, since the worldlines changed, of course she would say that. There was a Titor in 2000 but in the other timeline.
Old 2011-09-03, 03:46   Link #93
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I have a question regarding SERN. So it is one big powerful group that controls the world in the future thanks to their invention of time travel right? And they are looking for IBN5100 and hunting Okarin right? Why they are not actively doing this? Why didn't they send their people to the past to find IBN5100? Instead, we have Okarin evading their agents through time leaping machines, or in fact Suzuha trying to screw up their empire by time travel-ing herself. I thought they are supposed to be all powerful?
Old 2011-09-03, 08:41   Link #94
Alucard24

They are all powerfull in 2036, not in 2010. And I suspect they can't physically travel in time like Suzuha, only timeleap.
Old 2011-09-04, 02:35   Link #95
HKsekai

anyone else bothered by the phenomenon witnessed when Mayushi's watch and the hourglass freeze in time whenever she is about to die in the alpha world line?
I feel like it would mean in the alpha world that Okarin went to, that would be "the end of time" or something, like if we were talking about a datesim or some kind of interactive game, that would be a deadend.
Old 2011-09-04, 03:01   Link #96
Alucard24

There is the part where Mayushii and Okabe were in distant past (70 millions years ago) in ep 12 . In that scene, we can see the sand is stopped and Mayushii say she searched for Okabe in "many, many, many world lines" and that they will die here....

I still wonder what that was about....
Old 2011-09-05, 07:52   Link #97
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I have a question regarding SERN. So it is one big powerful group that controls the world in the future thanks to their invention of time travel right? And they are looking for IBN5100 and hunting Okarin right? Why they are not actively doing this? Why didn't they send their people to the past to find IBN5100? Instead, we have Okarin evading their agents through time leaping machines, or in fact Suzuha trying to screw up their empire by time travel-ing herself. I thought they are supposed to be all powerful?
Remember at the beginning of the series where Okabe and his lab managed to hack into SERN records to find that all their attempts to send people back into the past all failed and the subjects ended up in green jelly, sometimes stuck in concrete even. All they can do is search for the IBN5100 regardless of which world-line they're in.
Old 2012-01-04, 23:07   Link #98
Time_traveler

D-Mail 2.0?

How did 33 yr old Okabe send the the message to the Okabe in episode 1? i have been trying hard to think of a possibility but all i can think of is D-Mail???? Anyone know how to explain the message travelling 15 years into the past?
Closed Thread