AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-21, 12:45   Link #781
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 11 - The King That Runs Across Space

Something must have happened to make Frau's mom go all Tomino/Anno in the finale of the series. The show is definitely leading us along into thinking it has something to do with the Reports, and it probably does. I know the show's going on a break until the second half begins, but I am curious about everything going on here. So many plot threads that, while starting to intertwine, it's not clear what exactly they have to do with each other just yet.

Super robot anime aside, the series continue to be pretty good. The island atmosphere is being used really well, and the character interactions - mostly those involving Frau - are pretty fun. Poor Junna. But if she gets to use her karate powers to make GB-2 go all Andy Serkis, this will be pretty awesome. I'd wager that Misa is probably on the side of Aki and the others, she's just being really vague and ambiguous about it.

This may not be the same as Steins;Gate, but then, Steins was no Chaos;Head either. Looking forward to the second half. Wonder how long into the back half we'll have to go before the robot from the opening scene sees completion.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 12:56   Link #782
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Ahahaha, Gunvarrel is NGE xD
Old 2012-12-21, 13:29   Link #783
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Okay, so I think I've got a theory. It's way out there, but it would be an elaborate excuse for the Committee of 300 to want to wipe out humanity.

Those 3 robotics companies, EXOSKELETON and the other two I can't be bothered going back to name them properly, I am theorising that they have developed, in conjunction with each other with the committee of 300 as their puppet masters (funders), a technology that can be used to imprint human consciousness into robots (neural acceleration/deceleration could be connected to this). This would basically allow for, in an emergency such as the solar flare destroying Earths ecosystem, Governments to buy millions of these robots mass produced by the 3 robotics companies to at least attempt to save some type of human existence from extinction; if we're all robotified, we don't have to rely on the necessities that ecosystems provide, such as food and water. Thus, the committee of 300 triggers this solar flare in secret, a secret which kimijima and the top 3 players on kill-ballad caught onto just like Kai has now and were thus murdered for to prevent the secret getting out, forcing the worlds governments or its people on a privately purchased basis to buy into these conscious bearing robots, which are powered pretty much indefinitely by the Monopoles, to save themselves from the calamity that was caused by the Committee.

As such, the 3 robotics companies and consequently, the committee become obscenely rich and powerful because they basically hold the keys to all of these robots which humanity now rely upon. Again, I understand this is a pretty convoluted plot, but it works I guess if you think about it. Personally, I wouldn't be happy if that turned out to be the plot. The whole money and power thing has been done to death.

Also and this is completely speculation on my part, is there ANY chance at all of more Steins;Gate cameos before this is all over? Especially from Kurisu or Okabe. It would just make this entire series if they surprised us with them in a clever way.

Last edited by GoddyofAus; 2012-12-21 at 13:48.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 15:16   Link #784
Witheirate

I just found this photo that featuring Misa and his friend. I suppose that it captured after they win the Robo-One Competition ten years ago.

Images
the last scene in OP
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I guess that the one that hold Tanegashimachine-3 is Mitchie. Another girl in the picture maybe the store owner, but I doubt that since her hair color is different. And the last one in the picture beside Misa is Kimijima Kou? Nah... Just a wild guess.
Old 2012-12-21, 16:36   Link #785
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witheirate View Post
I just found this photo that featuring Misa and his friend. I suppose that it captured after they win the Robo-One Competition ten years ago.

Images
the last scene in OP

I guess that the one that hold Tanegashimachine-3 is Mitchie. Another girl in the picture maybe the store owner, but I doubt that since her hair color is different. And the last one in the picture beside Misa is Kimijima Kou? Nah... Just a wild guess.
Yes that's exactly the photo I remembered. Misa and Mitchie are quite recognizable. The other girl doesn't look like Mizuka, but wasn't Mizuka a member of the robotic club too? If so she should be there.

The remaining guy... well I think there are good chances he is Kimijima Kou.
I doubt they would have shown us those two characters in that picture for no reason, they probably have some kind of relevance.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 17:35   Link #786
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Things are getting very interesting. Seems like everything is tied together. I wonder if Misa is looking out for Kai since the only time she has responded to him is after such a long time and it had to deal with Kimijima Kou. Kona's outbursts are always good.
Old 2012-12-21, 21:49   Link #787
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Kimijima Kou out did him self doing useless hard thing to get the reports

Wow now that would be an awesome anime ending with the whole world would be destroyed at the end it would really piss a lot of people off
Old 2012-12-21, 22:11   Link #788
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Heh, a tumblr user noticed something amusing about Frau's equipment (even better is that apparently you can modify a kinect to do similar stuff to this).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 22:41   Link #789
jte742

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Heh, a tumblr user noticed something amusing about Frau's equipment (even better is that apparently you can modify a kinect to do similar stuff to this).
Haha, I'm glad someone else noticed that. Would have been more fun if they'd mangled "Kinect" slightly to get around the trademark, though...

Also, this was just too damned cute:
Images
Are you going to cheat, Onii-chan?
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 01:22   Link #790
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Yes that's exactly the photo I remembered. Misa and Mitchie are quite recognizable. The other girl doesn't look like Mizuka, but wasn't Mizuka a member of the robotic club too? If so she should be there.

The remaining guy... well I think there are good chances he is Kimijima Kou.
I doubt they would have shown us those two characters in that picture for no reason, they probably have some kind of relevance.
Mizuka wasn't in the robotic club. Also, the other male person shouldn't be Kimijima Kou, as they have different hair color. This is shown at the official site for the game.
Old 2012-12-22, 03:32   Link #791
Unknown Soldier
:D

For anyone who has been keeping score, Robotics;Notes actually started into it's real story 2 episodes ahead of Steins;Gate. The difference is that S;G had a short arc just before the real story kicked in which disguised the fact that the real story didn't start until episode 13.

Things are going to be good now. I can feel it.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 09:52   Link #792
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Didn't see that coming, although it's not even Gunvarrel as noted by Aki-chan.

Still, if the final episode was leaked (it should be 24 minutes and not 4), then is there any connection to Kona-chan's mother and her disappearance?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 17:27   Link #793
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
(it should be 24 minutes and not 4)
I think we can assume the episode was never finished.
BTW I see I'm not the only one who was thinking "Hey the wtf ending is copyrighted to Evangelion !".

Also yep there is a way of linking everything but we are still missing some pieces.

And yes you can do many things with a kinect, from what I remember in addition to the videos signal it's able to directly output a point cloud which can be very easily sent to a 3D modeling software.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 19:07   Link #794
Kmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
For anyone who has been keeping score, Robotics;Notes actually started into it's real story 2 episodes ahead of Steins;Gate. The difference is that S;G had a short arc just before the real story kicked in which disguised the fact that the real story didn't start until episode 13.

Things are going to be good now. I can feel it.
I thought to myself it only now got interesting. The antics of S;G provided better entertainment than R;N cause I forgot about this show some weeks. It's good to know the story is starting cause I was going to drop this completely.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 20:38   Link #795
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Didn't see that coming, although it's not even Gunvarrel as noted by Aki-chan.

Still, if the final episode was leaked (it should be 24 minutes and not 4), then is there any connection to Kona-chan's mother and her disappearance?
It was still enough to reveal how it all ended which is pretty much an accurate prediction of things to come. Aki was crush after seeing the final episode, and I'm sure she'll recover from that.

Frau hacking into SERN? You know what happens if you do.

Nae going to Tokyo eh? I wonder if she'll see her old buddies from a long time ago.

Those 3 top players killed try to uncovered the truth?

So Kimijima Kou was killed on that day of the incident

So many details occurred in this episode. I have a feeling that real plot is about to begin and I hope the show gets darker.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 23:35   Link #796
Entravity

Yep yep, Robotics;Notes is getting real now. More suspicion and tension than in any other episode. Looks like things are starting to get fully fleshed out and ready to burst.
Old 2012-12-24, 09:10   Link #797
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Yup and Aki is now traumatized. Maybe she should watch TTGL to make herself feel better.
Old 2012-12-24, 11:02   Link #798
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Yup and Aki is now traumatized. Maybe she should watch TTGL to make herself feel better.
As if Spiral Enegy exists in R;N...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 19:46   Link #799
MasterVampire

Is this series any good?

I originally skipped it but then I read something about in the latest episode about the end of the world happening?

I also liked steins gate.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 21:04   Link #800
Ghanw
(-_-)

If you are talking about R;N it is pretty good but dont expect anything like S;G, but you should still watch due to it being part of the same universe (correct me if i am wrong).
Spoiler for Not really, my speculations:
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction