AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-31, 20:41   Link #4201
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Then I wonder how long Athena has been around. How long has she been 16?

Since Yukariko found the gems when she was a kid I wonder if who was the current guardian of RG.
Old 2009-10-31, 20:45   Link #4202
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Then I wonder how long Athena has been around. How long has she been 16?
She's been 16/17 for this year. After she parted ways with Hayate, she also got kicked from the RG.
Old 2009-10-31, 21:13   Link #4203
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Here's something, don't know if it's true.

Credit to Todoko
Spoiler for spoilers:
Where did you find this, and is there a RAW version for this?
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 21:21   Link #4204
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Where did you find this, and is there a RAW version for this?
Mangafox. I think he used the same website as you did; he didn't provide the link though. Wait, your version was Chinese, right? I think he's is Japanese...
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 21:31   Link #4205
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Mangafox. I think he used the same website as you did; he didn't provide the link though. Wait, your version was Chinese, right? I think he's is Japanese...
I checked on the Japanese and Chinese web but the spoiler I found was on the Chinese site. It was still written in Japanese though so it must've originated from a Japanese site. Least its confirmed that the spoiler I posted was genuine. BTW, isn't the translation that zak89 posted on Mangafox what I wrote?
Old 2009-10-31, 21:33   Link #4206
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
]BTW, isn't the translation that zak89 posted on Mangafox what I wrote?
Yes, it is.

O well, if it's true, I still look forward to see everybody's reaction when they learn about Athena.
Old 2009-10-31, 21:40   Link #4207
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

so the new spoiler are ...men , this is .. *sigh*
athena, now look like a snake, and machina, can stop isumi ...*sigh*.
hayate need his first power-up!! damit, he is weak .
I really want more a-tan, but now i think that she would be absent for a while. *sigh*
why, hata..., this was the second opportunity for a different ending!!
i still hope, that the spoiler is false..
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 21:42   Link #4208
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Machina was the person who transformed into the snake, at least if the spoilers are true.

So...Machina was not a human after all...
Old 2009-10-31, 21:43   Link #4209
Koroshiya_Kame_13

The spoilers I posted should be genuine, since a few people have confirmed it. I don't know about the part after that first couple of lines, since I can't find it in the Japanese web.
Old 2009-10-31, 22:33   Link #4210
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

doesnt this contradict what Hata said last chapter about Isumi and Athena being the 2 most powerful beings in the series? if Machina's final move can stop Isumi's final move then that means Machina could beat Isumi as well....godammit Hata
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 23:39   Link #4211
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
doesnt this contradict what Hata said last chapter about Isumi and Athena being the 2 most powerful beings in the series? if Machina's final move can stop Isumi's final move then that means Machina could beat Isumi as well....godammit Hata
It might contradict what I wrote in the translation but its not a finishing move. Isumi actually uses a big move so its not a final attack. I used finishing move as an example for the big move since finishing move sounds a bit more relevant in English.
Old 2009-11-01, 02:20   Link #4212
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Still no pics. This week must be a no pic week for some reason. So, if the spoilers are legit, then Machina is a... snake?

Oh, that's so lame.... so... lame...

Honestly, why are Japs so obsessed with snakes? - No, I don't care about the real reason, or about history. Just... annoyed...

What now? They've escaped, and...?? I mean, come on! How, no, WHY would Midas even let them escape? Only one arm of his came out. I'm sure that if he came out entirely, he would be the size of frekkin Godzilla! I don't see how hard it would be for something that big to stop them. Just threaten to break stuff if they don't stop (people's homes - possibly injuring people)... *sigh*

Damn, I really shouldn't be complaining. But... but.... damn this... no resolution, more pointless cliffhangers, and Machi isn't an alien, a robot / cyborg / android (fitting name), a normal human, an a bit abnormal human... or a demon. Well, he is a sort of a demon I guess. A snake demon? Lame...

Athena said something about finding him, and teaching him stuff? Okaaaaay.... explain that part. Did she find him in snake form? Did she do a ritual to summon a powerful demon guardian (that would serve / protect her), but failed? Her? No...

Will Hata be explaining this? Does he really need to? Do we really need a whole chapter or more to explain the tale of how Athena and Machina met?

...... I'm even out of sighs... >_<
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 03:01   Link #4213
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Still no pics. This week must be a no pic week for some reason. So, if the spoilers are legit, then Machina is a... snake?
Not necessarily, since only the part where I translated was confirmed to be legit, at least I think it is since other people said it was real. Like you said, there's no pictures so we can't know for sure if its real or not. Personally, I wouldn't want Machina to be a snake, so I'm hoping its false.
Old 2009-11-01, 03:31   Link #4214
Rah

Spoiler for Warning! Be advised, possible "ancient" Naruto & Bleach spoiler images used.:
Old 2009-11-01, 07:14   Link #4215
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Those were awesome 'spoiler' pics Rah, made my morning.

As for Machina being a snake, I think that means he is going to get his head cut off either by Hina and wooden Masamune, or by Hayate and the Hakou 'Justice' Sword. After all, according to the Evil Overlord List...

'I will NEVER turn into a giant snake, it never helps.'

Usually because heroes who don't kill are less likely to be concerned about it once they see you become a monster. In this case they will either think he is a monster or demon, or may not even realize that the snake is Machina.

Just a quick update on my previous post, I'm not giving away 'privileges' to any characters. An action just means doing something, anything at all almost, like Hayate going to get Nagi's notebook from school and fighting demons with Hinagiku, or Isumi and Sakuya fighting the Carp Herpes Demons...all kinds of wacky adventures...I miss them so much. But as Zodankho said, Athena is a mysterious character, but people like mysterious characters because they are rarely seen and awesome when they do show up. It is very hard to be mysterious when you're a quickly becoming a borderline main character for the arc.

I just had a horrible thought that I must now share with you...what if after this arc, they all go back to school and they have a 'Butler Battle' arc just like the one in the anime? It'll be exactly the same but just be out of order with the anime episodes since it already happened there. Machina could be the giant snake and/or Shion and Athena may be the superintendent with Midas making her evil and crazy (read: interesting) or else controlling the same superintendent from behind the scenes. I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad...at least I could see the complete Lelouch rip-off...and it would be sort of funny...hmm. Well for now let's just see what they're all going to do now that they've run away *thinking of the Monty Python crew from Holy Grail yelling run away as a group*
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 10:53   Link #4216
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
Just a quick update on my previous post, I'm not giving away 'privileges' to any characters.
Spoiler for "privileges":

Let me give you an example...

How long did it took Hinagiku to develop her characters anyway? About 4-5 months, about 100x screen time compare to Athena, using the "spot-light" period that you were mentioned. Not to mention Hinagiku have no conflicts whatsoever with Hayate unlike Athena. No, there is nothing wrong with that since it's Hinagiku after all...

And here you are, expecting Athena to have character developments in her recent chapters believing that she is wasting the "spot-light" that she was provided since she isn't using it for development, or anything.

Did you taking into account that these last chapters are in a time spend of "2 days" compare to Hinagiku which is about 4-5 months, and she still failed every opportunities that she had?

It's fine when your favorite character makes mistakes but when a certain character did, it's alright to complain or bashing on them. Your favorite character has that "privilege." Btw, you did not bashing.

Quote:
An action just means doing something, anything at all almost, like Hayate going to get Nagi's notebook from school and fighting demons with Hinagiku, or Isumi and Sakuya fighting the Carp Herpes Demons...all kinds of wacky adventures...I miss them so much.
I'm pretty certain that Athena just summon a big giant skeleton hand fighting with Isumi. Not to mention the fight is between "The Strongest vs The Invincible." If you want funny fighting moments instead of a more intriguing one, your are out of luck.

Quote:
But as Zodankho said, Athena is a mysterious character, but people like mysterious characters because they are rarely seen and awesome when they do show up. It is very hard to be mysterious when you're a quickly becoming a borderline main character for the arc.
Nope, not my definition of mysterious...

Comparing to Athena, Hinagiku is, what can I say, a normal girl, just an above average female student. Hinagiku does not have "thoughts" or "plan" to make her more unexpected. She has no mystery concerning herself, like immense magical power. With more screen time or not, Athena is certainly will be harder to read than Hinagiku whose personality is like an open book.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-11-01 at 11:36.
Old 2009-11-01, 11:31   Link #4217
Used Can

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't want Machina to be a snake, so I'm hoping its false.
Well, he's not supposed to be human, and Erichthonius is related to Athena's Aegis.
Old 2009-11-01, 11:34   Link #4218
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

holy crap the whole parallel to the greek mythology was never expected when I first started reading this series....but you know what.....I LIKE IT!!!
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 11:47   Link #4219
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Those were awesome 'spoiler' pics Rah, made my morning.

As for Machina being a snake, I think that means he is going to get his head cut off either by Hina and wooden Masamune, or by Hayate and the Hakou 'Justice' Sword. After all, according to the Evil Overlord List...

'I will NEVER turn into a giant snake, it never helps.'
well machina isn't a evil overlord so that doesn't count.
Old 2009-11-01, 13:43   Link #4220
Rah

@zod

Yeah, but Hina got only normal "silly" chapters, while Athena is getting only serious ones that actually move the story, because she's one of the "main characters", deeply related to the root of the whole plot. Hina, on the other hand is just a filler character that got unexpected popularity, and was thus used more (than perhaps intended) - Hata said as well that he didn't expect her to become that popular. Athena now has all the time in the world to develop. She might be present in every, if not every second chapter. So much, that you'd get sick of her.

Perhaps one of the reasons (call it mysterious) that a lot of people like her, is because not much is known about her. She might be just as you imagined her, or... not... Judge her again in a years time after she gets involved with more things / situations, and see how she deals with them. And don't blame Hata if she does something stupid. Like, "it's all Hata's fault that she *insert reason here*, she's perfect otherwise!!". Hata = Every Character; meaning that if he decides to give someone 4 eyes, or an extra arm it would be canon, unlike your own thoughts & opinions which don't matter to the HnG community. <3

Tags
comedy, shounen