AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-28, 09:44   Link #261
virgopalz

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
There are two different movies that were released together. "Futari no Samurai" is the main movie that takes place on a cruise ship. "Atobe Kara Okurimono" is the shorter bonus movie that was released in theaters with the other movie. They were released on separate DVDs (but Japan released a special box set with both of them included). "Atobe Kara Okurimono" is the (hilarious) story of Atobe holding a giant party/race for all of the schools.
oh...in japan there is a special box set??T.T..in singapore i wonder how long will i have to wait to be able to buy atobe kara okurimono...=( for now i think there are no subbed versions of it..only japanese version...=(
virgopalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 11:08   Link #262
Eclipze

I dont even think they will be available in Singapore since its not licensed...
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 14:35   Link #263
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopalz
oh...in japan there is a special box set??T.T..in singapore i wonder how long will i have to wait to be able to buy atobe kara okurimono...=( for now i think there are no subbed versions of it..only japanese version...=(
The two movies were released together in a special "Memorial Edition" DVD Box (can be purchased here) with bonus extras. Japanese only, no subtitles. (and I don't think the movie was officially sold anywhere outside of Japan.... ^_^; )

If you just want to see the Atobe movie, you can buy it here, but again, there are no English subtitles.

I really hope that some group will fansub these movies. Futari no Samurai wasn't very good, but Atobe Kara Okurimono is really fun to watch just because of the craziness and inside jokes in it (it's definately made for fans!). If any fansubbers are taking this project on, please let us know.... ^_^
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 14:58   Link #264
Sweetchinmusic

Cant you download some of the movies through torrents and stuff? thanks domino for all the game info lol. though im sure im gonna go bankrupt also lol. Im on episode 95 at the moment, sooooo long to go lol.

I dont know why but for some reason i love the episodes when they are just joking about and relaxing, although i do love the tennis matches also.

Hey Domino, about the dating sim games, as i dont know any japanese do you think that i shouldnt buy them at all?

thanks
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 16:19   Link #265
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Is there a link to the live action movie website or something? Im intrigued on how it looks so far.
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 17:41   Link #266
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic
Cant you download some of the movies through torrents and stuff? thanks domino for all the game info lol. though im sure im gonna go bankrupt also lol. Im on episode 95 at the moment, sooooo long to go lol.

I dont know why but for some reason i love the episodes when they are just joking about and relaxing, although i do love the tennis matches also.

Hey Domino, about the dating sim games, as i dont know any japanese do you think that i shouldnt buy them at all?

thanks

I've never seen a good quality torrent for the movies, but then again I've never looked... but if you like the episodes where they're relaxing you'll love the Atobe movie. And if you don't know ANY Japanese at all, you can still get some fun out of the game, but it will feel very random... at least you'd be able to do the training and the matches and would be able to enjoy the voices (the game is completely voiced) and CG gallery. I at least suggest you learn to recognize the kanji for the characters names, so you know how to pick that character from lists (you have to keep picking the character you like out of a list so you can play doubles with him so he will like you more). The game is only like $25 (including shipping) so even if you don't like it much, at least it was cheap. Just please remember that these games will ONLY work on a Japanese PS2!! Unless you have your PS2 modified to play Japanese games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychItsMike
Is there a link to the live action movie website or something? Im intrigued on how it looks so far.
I'm pretty sure the movie (magazines call it "Cinepuri" for now) doesn't have its own website yet, but they've been posting pictures from the movie in magazines and Shonen Jump. Here's a magazine page with movie pictures.

That site also has pictures (from magazines) of the new OVA. Just go here and scroll down a bit for pictures of the new teams in the nationals games (the ones in blue jerseys).
Old 2005-12-28, 19:14   Link #267
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Wow thanks domino! Now im all excited for PoT again. Which manga ep did it leave off of from the anime?
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 19:41   Link #268
tennisfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Um, so buggy-whipp shot is an actual tennis move i suppose?

What other shots in PoT is legit (ie. can happen in real life) then?
Buggy Whip shot is doable, the anime just exaggerates how much it curves.

Short Serve is a real thing (Kameo's serve)

Jackknife is real (Hewitt did it alot when he was winning in 2002-3)

Twist Serve is real, it just can't be that severe bouncing up.

Hadokyou is real, just hit it really really hard

One thing I want to say is that Drive B is impossible to do where it actually works (ie you get a point for it).
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 15:42   Link #269
Sweetchinmusic

I would have thought drive B would be impossible, i mean how can you slide along the court lol. hey i just wanted to know, what is an OVA?
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 18:56   Link #270
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan

One thing I want to say is that Drive B is impossible to do where it actually works (ie you get a point for it).
What about Tezuka Zone, Cyclone Smash, Super Special Momo Dunk(Or whatever he called it), Tsubasa Gaeshi(Think it was spelled like that, and all the 3 counters to Fuji pluss his amazing serve!(Where he puts a spinn on the ball before hitting it).
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 20:27   Link #271
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
I think I got to Fuji's 3rd counter before I said, that's it, tennis does not exit
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 20:27   Link #272
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychItsMike
Wow thanks domino! Now im all excited for PoT again. Which manga ep did it leave off of from the anime?
I haven't been keeping up with the manga, but I'm pretty sure the anime and manga split during the Rikkaidai matches, so if you want to read the manga but don't want to re-read the old stuff (though I recommend you do read all of the manga!), you should start at the beginning of the Rikkaidai tournament (the manga version of the Rikkaidai matches is even better than the anime version).

The anime had to add a lot of stuff so it wouldn't get too far ahead of the manga (but the anime eventually got far ahead anyway and was stopped), so they added things... The arc with Jousei Shounan (the school with the creepy lady coach, Hanamura) doesn't exist in the manga. Neither does the American School tournament + Jr. Senbatsu arc.

I need to catch up on the manga during winter break...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic
hey i just wanted to know, what is an OVA?
OVA stands for "Original Video Animation", meaning an anime movie (usually an hour or less, but can be multiple volumes/episodes) that is released directly to video/DVD (doesn't appear in theaters or on TV first).
Old 2005-12-30, 01:50   Link #273
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan

Question: Its not really Hadokyou if you just hit it hard right? Or should I ask: does flat shot(ie so-called using 120% of your muscle power) exists?

And I really cant picture a snake shot in real life , especially seeing how much balls in tennis matches seem to be soo straight except for the occasional lob or drop volly.

The air in PoT seem to be more materialised than real air

EDIT: The tezuka for the Live-action movie doesnt look like Tezuka at all!

Last edited by Eclipze; 2005-12-30 at 08:06.
Old 2005-12-30, 02:32   Link #274
virgopalz

haha..i think they changed the people who acted in the musical though..oishi's hairstyle as i see is no longer there..and kikumaru doesnt look like kikumaru`!!!haha..i hope the movie turns out nice though..wonder when can i really see it in singapore though...
Old 2005-12-30, 02:54   Link #275
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopalz
haha..i think they changed the people who acted in the musical though..oishi's hairstyle as i see is no longer there..and kikumaru doesnt look like kikumaru`!!!haha..i hope the movie turns out nice though..wonder when can i really see it in singapore though...

There were many different cast members in the musicals, but for the most part, there were 2 Seigaku casts. The first Seigaku cast (the one in Dream Live 1st, which can be found subbed here on animesuki) "graduated" from the musicals (a lot of them moved on to become the cast of the Bleach musical). The second Seigaku cast from the musicals is in the movie. Their hair doesn't look as good/accurate in the movie because they were trying to go for a more "realistic" look (which fails, because the Hyotei they picked for the live action movie all look like the same person). I really like the Ryoma they picked for the live action movie though! It's the kid from Gackt's movie Moonchild~~

And if you wanna see how the casts looked in the Prince of Tennis musicals, you can find their pictures on the official Prince of Tennis musical website. The listing of the musicals is here in case you need help finding it. ^_^ Just click "profile" next to the musical you want to see the cast for. There were 9 musicals so far, and only 1 has been subbed! That needs to change! The musicals are so good!
Old 2005-12-30, 08:11   Link #276
Eclipze

I agree that the person acting as Ryoma in the Live-action movie is fitting, but still....Tezuka in the live-action movie looks 100% different from the anime/manga Tezuka, who is suppose to look like a college student.

The Tezuka in the Live-action movie = Kamio with glasses....
Old 2005-12-30, 18:26   Link #277
tennisfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen
What about Tezuka Zone, Cyclone Smash, Super Special Momo Dunk(Or whatever he called it), Tsubasa Gaeshi(Think it was spelled like that, and all the 3 counters to Fuji pluss his amazing serve!(Where he puts a spinn on the ball before hitting it).
Tezuka zone is BS.

Cyclone Smash could work, but by the time youtwist your body around to get the power, the ball will already hit the ground. (I also want to point out smashes are hard things to pull off; in the anime they were jumping 15 ft into the air, so of course it's easy for them)

Momo's Dunk can work, but you have to be so close to the net to hit it vertically up that you run the risk of hitting the net and forfeiting the point.

Fuji's stuff is impossible, with the exception of Higmuma Otoshi. If you time it right, and angle your racket, it can work.

Quote:
Question: Its not really Hadokyou if you just hit it hard right? Or should I ask: does flat shot(ie so-called using 120% of your muscle power) exists?

And I really cant picture a snake shot in real life , especially seeing how much balls in tennis matches seem to be soo straight except for the occasional lob or drop volly.

The air in PoT seem to be more materialised than real air
Flat Shot's exist but are called sinkers (and you dont use 120% of anything on your body), like that one guy with the big nose did when playing Fuji. No spin on the ball.

Watch women's matches to see a buggy whip shot. Lindsey Davenport does them a lot. Tim Henman does them too.
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 19:02   Link #278
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
I agree that the person acting as Ryoma in the Live-action movie is fitting, but still....Tezuka in the live-action movie looks 100% different from the anime/manga Tezuka, who is suppose to look like a college student.

The Tezuka in the Live-action movie = Kamio with glasses....
I think he's pretty good. Not as Tezuka-like as the Tezuka in Dream Live 1st (the musical on animesuki), but good. The magazine just doesn't show a good picture of him because the hair stylists in the movie were lazy and trying to give everyone more natural, relaxed hair styles/colors. He looks a lot like Tezuka on his recent album's cover, in my opinion. And the actor is 20 years old, so that should be enough to look like a college student.

The only one who looks NOTHING like the character to me is the guy they picked to be Kikumaru. He doesn't have the personality or the skill for the role at all... And I'm afraid they even toned down his trademark flippy red hair for the movie, too
Old 2005-12-31, 00:59   Link #279
Eclipze

Hmm, but Hadokyou and sinker are different shots right?

Hadokyou is a shot with lots of power, while sinker is to hit the ball so that it has no spin.

domino: but still....the hair remaind me of Kamio...
Old 2005-12-31, 08:39   Link #280
virgopalz

haha..but still i preferred the casts for prince of tennis musical dream live 1st..haha..i think dey protray a better image for the characters in prince of tennis though...and my fav character kikumaru doesnt look like kikumaru in the live action movie....=(

Tags
tennis