AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-03, 19:00   Link #141
Ashaman

True enough, but what did the Third do to stop it?

To me it seems more like the thrid coffin didn't come up at all for its own reasons than the Third doing something.

Its a fine line though, you can go either way.
Old 2010-11-03, 19:12   Link #142
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'd find it incredibly hilarious if it turned out the only reason Kishi ressurected everyone again after the Invasion of Pain was so that he could kill them all off in this final war.
I actually find it better this way than bringing in new enemies. Besides they are zombies, they can't live normal life anyway.

The plus of having zombies of other characters is that it will createa lot of emotional and interesting moments. Imagine Shikamaru facing Asuma of all people when he so desperately tried to avenge him before?

I seriously can't wait for some of the reunions.

It was a long time since I got excited for Naruto.
Old 2010-11-03, 19:34   Link #143
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I actually find it better this way than bringing in new enemies. Besides they are zombies, they can't live normal life anyway.

The plus of having zombies of other characters is that it will createa lot of emotional and interesting moments. Imagine Shikamaru facing Asuma of all people when he so desperately tried to avenge him before?

I seriously can't wait for some of the reunions.

It was a long time since I got excited for Naruto.
This is exactly why I fear that the one supposed holy sh*t-battle of my favorite character (Kakashi), that I've been waiting for for so long, is going to be a rematch vs. Zabuza. I want to see Kakashi face some really strong oppononents like Itachi or some other strong Akatsuki, but not a "mere" Jounin. Kakashi is the guy who never had a real match ever again after his fight with Zabuza, and I want a heroic sacrifice facing an oppononent most other Jounin would run from.

So Zabuza is "alive" again. What other character would be fitting to battle him from a story perspective? Maybe Suigetsu, but still...

Lately, Naruto, besides the obvious flaws, has really improved with all the story strings being pulled together and stuff. But If my hero, Kakashi doesn't get his holy sh*t-battle...I don't know, I guess I'll be disappointed
Old 2010-11-03, 19:36   Link #144
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
kimish just rocked a means to a end...which is good.

bring back characters you know a history about and in big numbers to show the strength.

you have good guys going bad and bad guys who went good, going back to bad. Why introduce 50 new bad guys you have to give backstories to when you can reward the manga readers by giving them one last chance to see their favorite good/bad guy going all out one last time in the name of war.

i view the fight between jiraiya(you know hes the trump card to fight naruto)as the battle like vader vs obi wan in episode 3. They wont want to do it, but they will be forced to fight and one will be forced to make a terrible choice. its all very sad.
Old 2010-11-03, 19:56   Link #145
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Jiraiya probably knows the death god, and can probably kill all the zombies on his own if he had the chance. Probably not a good idea for Kabuto revive him.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 20:02   Link #146
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
This is exactly why I fear that the one supposed holy sh*t-battle of my favorite character (Kakashi), that I've been waiting for for so long, is going to be a rematch vs. Zabuza. I want to see Kakashi face some really strong oppononents like Itachi or some other strong Akatsuki, but not a "mere" Jounin. Kakashi is the guy who never had a real match ever again after his fight with Zabuza, and I want a heroic sacrifice facing an oppononent most other Jounin would run from.

So Zabuza is "alive" again. What other character would be fitting to battle him from a story perspective? Maybe Suigetsu, but still...

Lately, Naruto, besides the obvious flaws, has really improved with all the story strings being pulled together and stuff. But If my hero, Kakashi doesn't get his holy sh*t-battle...I don't know, I guess I'll be disappointed
The thing is Zabuza wasn't just a "mere" jounin...he was one of the seven ninja swordsman of the mist. They were supposed to be legendary in their village. So I think he would rank as being stronger than most Jounins, but weaker than Kage.
The only summon I'm not sure about was Haku.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 20:14   Link #147
kitten320

Zabuza was really strong and above normal ninjas. And Kakashi did have another major fight which he lost against Pein.

Haku was the last one who could create that mirror trick as well as he was highly skilled, Kakashi was aware of him as a strong opponent as well.
Old 2010-11-03, 20:32   Link #148
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Yeah sure, Zabuza was not a normal Jounin, I guess, but for Kakashi to fight him again, it wouldn't be a step up. Also, I refuse to call Pain vs. Kakashi a real battle, but elaborating on this would be too off topic. I can see the reasons why one would call it that, though.
Old 2010-11-03, 21:16   Link #149
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Well you can say Kakashi also lost against Kakuzu too. So at this point, beating Zombie Zabuza might be as good as it gets for him. Zabuza will likely be very powerful, but probably around the same level as Zombie Asuma, Hizashi, and Dan. I just couldn't see Kakashi soloing a Zombie Akatsuki or any of the more powerful characters. That power is reserved for a Naruto, a Kage, or Kirabi,

It's amazing that last year there was a fake spoiler that Kakashi was going to be Supreme Commander of the Alliance. Then in reality he was going to be Hokage. But none of that occurred. Now he is general of division three which is awesome. But the other generals are Dauri, Kitsuchi(a character we never saw before), Mifume, and acting for Gaara, the 16 year old Shikamaru. And he is below another 16 year old in Gaara who got the job many thought Kakashi could fill. He doesn't have any of the experience of Kakashi. It's a great honor for Kakashi, but still. I guess we expect more out of Kakashi. Well at least he outranks and can order around Gai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Poor Hidan, he is forgotten, someone please dig him up
Once Zombie Asuma showed up there was no need for Hidan. Hidan only would have fought Shikamaru again and now that spot is taken. Poor Hidan can't catch a break. I bet Zombie Kakuzu is glad he is gone.
Old 2010-11-03, 21:43   Link #150
Lunarskylar

thats one thing about naruto that i've liked. That kishi didnt introduce the bad guys as weaklings that conveniently got progressly stronger as the protagonists increased their skiill,
he started off with the powerful, that the weak protagonists only beat through cleverness and luck

if we're lucky, kishi will not show alot of the battles, and just leave it for the anime team to filler animate.
Old 2010-11-03, 21:47   Link #151
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
after a long time of disilluisonment, i think im starting to like naruto once more.
Old 2010-11-03, 23:39   Link #152
iBeast

A cameo from Sasuke. Title of chapter is misleading though.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 23:53   Link #153
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The only sure way to kill zombie is to blow thier heads up
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 00:54   Link #154
defrule

Is Konan among the collection? All her bombs could win the war for them.
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 01:46   Link #155
Key Board
Carbon

Presumably, he didn't edo tensei certain people because they would cause massive problems
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 02:08   Link #156
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Presumably, he didn't edo tensei certain people because they would cause massive problems
I dunno...he still summoned Itachi >.>
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 02:18   Link #157
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Indeed. He didn't summon unspecified people because they would cause massive problems due to unspecified reasons.

I also find it funny how the only supposed famed ninjas revived, other than the former Kages and Jinchuurikis, are all characters we've met before. Is the Naruto world really that small?

Couldn't Kishi have made up some other famed and extremely strong ninjas other than the Kages and Jinchuurikis? Nope, I guess that would be too interesting and require too much creativity.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 02:49   Link #158
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Indeed. He didn't summon unspecified people because they would cause massive problems due to unspecified reasons.

I also find it funny how the only supposed famed ninjas revived, other than the former Kages and Jinchuurikis, are all characters we've met before. Is the Naruto world really that small?

Couldn't Kishi have made up some other famed and extremely strong ninjas other than the Kages and Jinchuurikis? Nope, I guess that would be too interesting and require too much creativity.
Actually, page 19, you can see a random Earth nin, going by the look of his tactical vest. Presumably a strong one that Kabuto thought appropriate to summon. There are also a couple more off-panel. I don't think they'll be inconsequential, it's just that the panels were supposed to be of "OMGWTFBBQ" quality, and they would not have had the same impact if a bunch of no-names appeared.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 03:35   Link #159
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Actually, page 19, you can see a random Earth nin, going by the look of his tactical vest. Presumably a strong one that Kabuto thought appropriate to summon.
Not sure which one you're talking about, but every single resurrected ninja I saw on that page has been shown before. If you mean the spikey-haired guy, then that's Motoi's dad.

Quote:
There are also a couple more off-panel. I don't think they'll be inconsequential, it's just that the panels were supposed to be of "OMGWTFBBQ" quality, and they would not have had the same impact if a bunch of no-names appeared.
It's all about presentation. Kishi could have effectively introduced a bunch of new baddies if he presented it properly, but rather than do that, he went for a cheap "OMGWTFBBQ" moment that doesn't even make any sense. Oh, and here's the rub: it would be an extremely difficult, perhaps impossible, task (especially for Kishi) to introduce even more revived ninjas who are new to the series, since he's already juggling 23 revived corpses, which, in case you didn't know, is a pretty hard balancing act on its own.

Even so, if it turns out that Kabuto did revive some other famous ninjas we haven't seen before, I may give Kishi some credit, but I still find this whole plot point to be wholly stupid.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 04:04   Link #160
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Not sure which one you're talking about, but every single resurrected ninja I saw on that page has been shown before. If you mean the spikey-haired guy, then that's Motoi's dad.

It's all about presentation. Kishi could have effectively introduced a bunch of new baddies if he presented it properly, but rather than do that, he went for a cheap "OMGWTFBBQ" moment that doesn't even make any sense. Oh, and here's the rub: it would be an extremely difficult, perhaps impossible, task (especially for Kishi) to introduce even more revived ninjas who are new to the series, since he's already juggling 23 revived corpses, which, in case you didn't know, is a pretty hard balancing act on its own.

Even so, if it turns out that Kabuto did revive some other famous ninjas we haven't seen before, I may give Kishi some credit, but I still find this whole plot point to be wholly stupid.
Taking out the overpowered raise dead effect which could still be under-cut by making the zombies less than what they were before death.

I still don't understand why Kishi even needed the zombies. The zetsu clone army could have sufficed if they were just upper jounin/pre-kage strengthed. They have the edge in terms of numbers and could have just double/triple/etc teamed the stronger kage lvl people. It would have been much more believable and somewhat less hacked since Madara needed to use the tailed beasts for it.

Incidentally, I wonder if zombie Itachi can summon the sword and free Orichimaru.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion