AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-29, 21:33   Link #1
Onegai

Onegai Twins Episode 13

I see a raw for Onegai Twins 13. Is it the DVD extra episode? or is it a fake?
Old 2004-04-30, 07:59   Link #2
Sakai
libro de mi padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onegai
I see a raw for Onegai Twins 13. Is it the DVD extra episode? or is it a fake?
It was released as OVA.
Episode 13: Never ending summer.
http://www.please-please.jp/one2/05i...d_data008.html
Old 2004-04-30, 09:21   Link #3
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Does anything interesting actually happen?

OMG, it's all about asking my translator and spend half an hour and do some uber quick Engrish translation for ME, HAHAHAH.

Nah, only kidding. I could never be bothered to do any of that.

Anyway, someone answer the first question.
Old 2004-04-30, 10:38   Link #4
.Rurouni.
Anime addict

Send a message via ICQ to .Rurouni. Send a message via MSN to .Rurouni.
I'we watched it and it was quite good and yeah some things do happen but you have to see for yourself
Old 2004-04-30, 11:39   Link #5
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Karen still wants her brother...-_-. Maiku is still a virgin..., Kei finally talks and he still calls Mizuho SENSEI -_-.

Kei sexur Mizuho again.

We get to see Mina's small breasts again...

Mizuho was covered up -_-

Again, Maiku is still a virgin, nothing happened between him and Mina because of his freak sister.

Nothing else is revealed about who the hell their parents are and why they abandoned them.

The episode has some nice fanservice but its very dissapointing.
Old 2004-04-30, 18:57   Link #6
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Karen was never so annoying in the TV series. Given the content of episode 13 it looks like you can stick a fork in Onegai Twins...
Old 2004-04-30, 19:28   Link #7
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I wish I could get my hands on this Ep, just.. you know.. to see the..uh..hype.

Yeah, hype.

Thats it.
Old 2004-05-01, 09:44   Link #8
marin

Why did this series end up so worthless?
Old 2004-05-01, 10:13   Link #9
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Onegai Twins OVA The summer Hasn't Ended

I thought the OVA was going to be at least a 2.0 hour 800MB movie,
but the raw is only 195.9 ..wow this is a short ova

by the way is the OVA licensed ??
Old 2004-05-01, 10:17   Link #10
Yamano667
Banned

well the series were made horribly bad but the ecchi scenes were good

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin
Why did this series end up so worthless?
Old 2004-05-01, 11:38   Link #11
Dunpeal

Send a message via MSN to Dunpeal Send a message via Yahoo to Dunpeal
hmmp i noticed that to..... i was hoping for a long ova myself but it doesnt look like it...i've noticed alot of people giving it flak but since i enjoyed the series i hope i enjoy this....
Old 2004-05-01, 13:18   Link #12
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

The OVA is pretty much a festival of fan service. It has even MORE fan service and ecchi than the Onegai Teacher OVA episode.

It's rather mind boggling.
Old 2004-05-01, 13:27   Link #13
Yamano667
Banned

These series were so close to become a hentai. I truly enjoyed the echhi
parts but the script was very very bad, but the ecchi kept the series interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
The OVA is pretty much a festival of fan service. It has even MORE fan service and ecchi than the Onegai Teacher OVA episode.

It's rather mind boggling.
Old 2004-05-01, 14:45   Link #14
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
The OVA is pretty much a festival of fan service. It has even MORE fan service and ecchi than the Onegai Teacher OVA episode...
OAVs for lots of mid-90s series were like this, jacking up the fanservice for a "hot springs episode." And they usually didn't touch on the main story either. So it's nothing new that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
These series were so close to become a hentai. I truly enjoyed the ecchi parts but the script was very very bad, but the ecchi kept the series interesting
I thought the script was fine. The show had a tiny little plot, but that's no crime - it came across with one good gimmick and plenty of nice scenes. The fanservice was not the only thing the series had going for it.

Onegai Twins' mantra might have been repeated a bit too often, but it points to the desperate need of the 3 main characters for belonging. That theme was well-developed and set up everything else. It was more important than the "incest" gimmick or the fanservice in driving the show.

The show was very good-natured and kind to its characters, which is hard to say about most ero-anime. The "3 twins" were all young and inexperienced - none of them were all that interested in having sex.

Onegai Twins may or may not be worth rewatching, but the one gimmick it had kept people talking about it and watching the episodes as they came along. And even if noone is watching this a few years from now (and I expect they will be), people will still remember the characters' names.
Old 2004-05-01, 17:41   Link #15
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

well, i think the ep wasn't so bad. it's just that part when the girls were playing volleyball, and it was all slow-mo cept their breasts....it's, something you don't see everyday.

oh yeah, there's alot of losers at some other forum who didn't get to see this ep, and they were all whining and complaining. well, that's why i came here. hope i have a good time here.
Old 2004-05-02, 00:01   Link #16
Seiryuu

I'm having trouble completing a RAW(I know it's not exactly legal since it's part of the licensed sereis, but then fansubs aren't legal either), so the only thing I have to go from are the screenshots and the actual TV series. Anyhow, I thought I'd just say, young or old, there were DEFINITELY some sexual undertones to the tension in the series. If I remember right, there's one day that Miina has an--interesting--dream about Mike and wakes up on top of a severely disheveled Karen, who apparently got a hicky at some point during the night...And then there's that ep where the girls try to shock a supposedly-gay Mike back into the proper path, and nearly driving him mad in the process. Don't go saying that the characters are young innocent and uninterested, because that obviously isn't exactly true.
BTW, is the fanservice all THAT much more severe than in the TV? I rather enjoyed stuff like that swim class, where Haruko just stood there, dumbfounded by the sheer immensity of the teacher's...
Old 2004-05-02, 00:53   Link #17
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
...young or old, there were DEFINITELY some sexual undertones to the tension in the series. If I remember right, there's one day that Miina has an--interesting--dream about Mike and wakes up on top of a severely disheveled Karen, who apparently got a hicky at some point during the night...And then there's that ep where the girls try to shock a supposedly-gay Mike back into the proper path, and nearly driving him mad in the process. Don't go saying that the characters are young innocent and uninterested, because that obviously isn't exactly true...
I said it; I'm not taking it back. I think "young" speaks for itself... "Innocent" means "inexperienced" among other things, which is what I meant. And it "obviously isn't exactly true" that I said they were "uninterested." I said "not all that interested in having sex," which is not at all the same thing and also not untrue. They wanted to stay together in their little made-up family more than anything - much more than they wanted to have sex.

I am not trying to whitewash a series which featured naked bathing scenes seemingly every week. I am trying to point out that the show was nothing like any ero-anime I have ever seen (importantly in that the main characters were not sex-mad, more like curious) and also that the writing was not just random scribbling in search of the next naked bathroom chat.
Old 2004-05-02, 03:45   Link #18
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
Is the OVA licensed?

If not i would like to see sub for it
Old 2004-05-02, 11:10   Link #19
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrackus
Is the OVA licensed?

If not i would like to see sub for it