AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-03-08, 07:07   Link #181
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Oh, I forgot one, from R2

* Rolo pwning that guy who overheard him talking about Geass.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 08:18   Link #182
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
not sure murdering one of your allies in cold blood for no reason other then that he MIGHT have overheard you talk about something he has no way to know anything about counts as "pwning" them
but whatever
Old 2010-03-08, 09:05   Link #183
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

The cold, ruthless pragmatism of it was hella epic.
Old 2010-03-08, 12:14   Link #184
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

my favorite scene would be anything with Kallen kicking ass.
Old 2010-03-09, 20:40   Link #185
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Hmm...how could I have forgotten:

"Charles zi Britannia engraves into you...false memories of a false life!"
Old 2010-03-09, 21:36   Link #186
azul120

That was a Dethroning Moment of Suck.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 22:38   Link #187
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Why is that?
Old 2010-03-10, 00:15   Link #188
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
Why is that?
Adding insult to injury (see: the intros to episodes 1 and 7 of season 1).
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 03:59   Link #189
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Ah...okay.

Well I meant it was a dramatic scene, both what Charles did, and Suzaku's presence made it that much more powerful.
Old 2010-03-10, 04:57   Link #190
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Around that time, I seriously started to hate Charles.... But I could relate to what he was doing. Snipping the problem in the bud. Thing is, the chaos bloomed the moment he sent Lelouch and Nunnally to japan. Good intentions don't always cut it out as an excuse, as the series expresses.

During that scene, Suzaku was more bastard then Charles. It was evident to me then, he was thinking of something else then rather 'changing the system'. I had the impression he wanted to run it. xD....

'Nough said.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 11:34   Link #191
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Yeah, Suzaku was deliciously heartless in that scene.

If anything put me off, it was that he said "Knights of the Round, the twelve most powerful knights etc. etc."

Excuse me, Charles already knows what they are In fact it probably would have been better if he had left it cryptic. The viewer could be excited as he wonders "Ooh, what's the Knights of the Round?"

But yeah, I wish Charles were a true Complete Monster as he was portrayed until Episode 21, rather than a Well Intentioned Extremist.
Old 2010-03-14, 14:16   Link #192
ChildrenOfTheMind

Definitely when Suzaku goes crazy and starts to laugh at the site where the bomb went off.
ChildrenOfTheMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 13:24   Link #193
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Also, soon after, when he sternly lectures a despondent Nina at the bomb site.
Old 2010-04-03, 17:38   Link #194
azziz

when cc said to kaguya(about lelouch)how nice she was,to be able to understand part of zero true nature even tough she only recently see his true face.
to me either cc or kaguya are win so when both of them interact...lelouch should have maried her as she wanted.
to me a sequel without kaguya is no worth watching.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 08:01   Link #195
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Eh, Kaguya was interesting but she had her flaws (such as openly stating her intent to exploit supposed masculine flaws in Lelouch so as to maintain the upper hand in the relationship, or something like that)...though because she was a child, she can be forgiven for it.

Also, I want to state what I think was the worst scene in the series:

From R2 Episode 20.

My sarcastic paraphrase of it:

Bismark: WTF Anya you're betraying us?
Anya: No, you're the traitor, traitor!
Bismark: But I'm not!
Anya: TRAITOR!
Bismark: No really, Monica can tell you I'm not!
Anya: Oh right, my bad.
Bismark: No problem, it ain't no thing.

That scene really grated on my nerves.
Old 2010-04-04, 10:22   Link #196
Betteroffer

Kaguya was okay, but I couldn't really bring myself to like her too much after she came in being so "bubbly" and talking about marriage right after the SAZ massacre. Sheltered or not, she should have had more respect for what was going on at the time.

As for the Bismarck/MariAnya scene, in what sense do you not like it? The purpose of the exchange was that MariAnya would pretend to charge in at Bismarck in a patriotic rage that he even might be part of the coup. As she said, this would make Bismarck sure that she herself wasn't part of it, and allow her more free movement in the area, and not try to hold her up to confirm her loyalty. As a bonus (possibly even planned, as she showed her back to Bismarck, and could embelish the damage) her float system was hit so Bismarck couldn't order her to follow him to take out the rebels, but rather let her land and reach Lelouch while claiming that she would move to strike the rebels on foot.

Not sure about my own favorite scene(s) but a definite contender would be Kallen's aerial comeback in Turn 6, where she uses the Kashoushiki to decimate Guilford and his accomplices, Gino and Anya, and again puts Suzaku on the defensive all in a matter of minutes.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 11:32   Link #197
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

The aerial comeback was very cool, they were like "Keep distance! It's useless at-- OMFG! It SHOOTS the surges now?! T_T RETREAT!"

...That's how it went in my opinion, as Kallen indeed put Suzaku on the defensive. Mind you, it was also against two Knights of the Rounds (excluding him.) So yeah, she decimated them thoroughly.

I already revealed my favorite scene. The 'Emperor Dismissed' of him going to Akasha. Ironically, Akasha is creation. So it would be Sword of Creation...

Anyone else see the peculiar irony in that? His "If anyone think they can go beyond my despair, let them try." being very... cool.

The Knightmare battles during the Damocles battle being cool too. I was very happy Lancelot was utterly destroyed while Guren remained somewhat intact... Only time I like Gino's bravado.

Kaguya is cute... and bubbly. Not my kind of girl. I want skill and talent in my women, along with a fair amount of intelligence. She seems pretty useless outside of politics and being figurehead.

A character that didn't need screentime was Villeta.. God I hate her. Lelouch should've went "Die" instead of "Gimme ya knightmare, I'll be real gentle with it and stuffs..." :/

...Actually, was the drama between Villeta and Ohgi really meaningful? Besides the screwing Zero over thing.
Old 2010-04-04, 12:25   Link #198
Betteroffer

That was essentially what I meant. Kallen's first action was to down Guilford, a man who was at least Tohdoh's equal and his two team members in one shot, before proceeding to incapacitate two KoR after knocking them around a bit to prove that she didn't just win because of the Guren's spread shot, but because she basically had more important things to do than kill two of Britannia's premiere soldiers, before once again putting pressure on Suzaku, as if everything before that was just stretching her legs.

I don't know that "Sword of Creation" would necessarily be ironic, as the point was to create a newer, better world with it. One of the themes of Code Geass was the idea that destruction must preceed creation. That is to say, you can't change what something is without in effect destroying what it was. This even extends to individual people having epiphanies or life changing experiences. When they change they are in many ways a different person, thus the old them has been destroyed in a sense.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 12:34   Link #199
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I can't argue with either, a she did indeed have better things to do then melt disadvantaged enemies at the moment.

I'm sorry, then? I can't really discern the 'irony' of most things without adding the perception of what I find 'ironic' in as well.

Lelouch was intent on dying or rotting away in Akasha, instead of doing that he came out with a whole different goal then just 'dying to stop the emperor'. What I mean is, Akasha is 'creation', Lelouch was/would be destroyed as a result. He left Akasha with a different goal of dying.

...I'm sorry? I'm not good at this kind of thing.
Old 2010-04-04, 12:39   Link #200
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
keep in mind
the appearance of a single KoR on a battlefield is enough to make entire enemy divisions crap themselves (both suzaku, and anya have that effect in different times during the anime)
so kallen willingly taking on 3 of them at the same time + guilford (who might as well be a KoR) and the glaston knights (another elite unit) makes it all the more amazing

talk about charging headlong into hell itself for Lelouch