AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-06, 18:38   Link #221
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

well back on topic
I hope the DVD release for the movie after being released in theaters wont be too long... I mean the Haruhi Movie is not even out..

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-11-06 at 21:11. Reason: ok :)
Old 2010-11-06, 18:41   Link #222
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
I hope the DVD release for the movie after being released in theaters wont be too long...
Oh, it will be, you can be certain of that. For those of us not living in Japan, we're in for a looong wait before we get to see this thing.
Old 2010-11-06, 18:49   Link #223
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee
well back on topic
I hope the DVD release for the movie after being released in theaters wont be too long...
A DVD and Blu-ray release for a movie usually takes about 6 months from their release date. I don't mind waiting though.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-06 at 20:52. Reason: Please don't post about rep. Thank you.
Old 2010-11-06, 19:00   Link #224
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
A DVD and Blu-ray release for a movie usually takes about 6 months from their release date. I don't mind waiting though.
Don't anime movies usually take a lot longer, though? I mean the Haruhi movie came out in, what, February? And it's still not out on DVD yet. I think we should be prepared to wait just as long for K-On.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-11-06 at 20:52. Reason: Please don't post about rep. Thank you.
Old 2010-11-06, 19:03   Link #225
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Don't anime movies usually take a lot longer, though? I mean the Haruhi movie came out in, what, February? And it's still not out on DVD yet. I think we should be prepared to wait just as long for K-On.
Well, 6 months is just an approximation, I said 'about 6 months' right?
Yep, Haruhi movie takes longer... aired in February, and it'll be out in 18 December (based on the retailer dates). Maybe K-ON! will be about the same.
Old 2010-11-09, 19:01   Link #226
PaganOne

Smile

well, depending on what the movie covers in content…. There could be a 3rd season… I mean they did leave the ending of season 2 wide open. I believe a 3rd season can be debated AFTER the movie is released.
Old 2010-11-09, 19:28   Link #227
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I don't think a third season will be discussed at all. We were given a good final ending to K-ON!! to send the girls off to university. Throwing in another season would be a huge "... what?". The movie itself is already extra and will serve as a great epilogue. Unfortunately, I think anything more would be too much.
Old 2010-11-09, 20:24   Link #228
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganOne View Post
well, depending on what the movie covers in content…. There could be a 3rd season… I mean they did leave the ending of season 2 wide open. I believe a 3rd season can be debated AFTER the movie is released.
well... There's still probability about that since following the manga storyline isn't a must for anime... But I'm not hoping that too much...
Old 2010-11-09, 20:27   Link #229
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
There's still probability about that since following the manga storyline isn't a must for anime...
This doesn't even have to do with the manga storyline. We're talking narratively. It has to do with the anime concluding in a way that is definitely a conclusion. It starts in high school, ends in high school, has a movie-scale epilogue, and ends at a proper place for a story to end. Thinking that there'd be a third season at all is crazy.
Old 2010-11-09, 20:38   Link #230
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Speaking of the movie, I also doubt that we'll gonna see the girls perform at Budokan. It might be a mere high schoolers dream after all. Even Sawako with her skills far surpassed the HTT members never had a big performance (but we don't really know that for sure). Still, I'm hoping the girls would have an 'outside' performance like in the live house episode or somekind of natsu rock festival
Old 2010-11-09, 21:00   Link #231
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

It'd be kind of ridiculous if they got to Budokan, don't you think?

Maybe like... They were there to watch the concert and got invited onto the stage by some other band. But since no other band was introduced, I doubt that could even happen. I think the closest they can get is maybe being an opening act or just being in the crowd.
Old 2010-11-09, 22:05   Link #232
Taufiq91

Or maybe i think they would do what modern-day bands would do.

My assumptions to what the band would be after they graduate from High School:

-They gained a worldly cult following on Facebook/Youtube with their songs and performances on YT videos and their FB fanpage

-One of them dabbled into electronic music (possibly Tsumugi or Ritsu) and became the new Daft Punk/Skrillex/Deadmau5 as a side-project (Just like LCD Soundsystem as a Hot Chip side project)

-They move outside japan and to New York/London, and we get to see how they survive as a growing foreign band like Flight of the Conchords.

-They get a chance to open for a superstar act.

-They became more famous outside Japan than in Japan. After all, most Japanese bands tend to get more following outside Japan than their own hometown.

-They entered a fictional worldwide battle of bands/soundclash outside Japan and compete with bands around the world.

-The whole movie became a Requiem 5 a Dream adaptation, causing fanboys and otakus to burn down the KyoAni office and chop off the heads of Kakifly and Takotsuboya.
Old 2010-11-09, 22:06   Link #233
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
causing fanboys and otakus to burn down the KyoAni office and chop off the heads of Kakifly and Takotsuboya.
Why does the answer to everything have to be "angry mob"? Whatever happened to a reasonable mob, or a well-spoken group of individuals?
Old 2010-11-09, 22:15   Link #234
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Why does the answer to everything have to be "angry mob"? Whatever happened to a reasonable mob, or a well-spoken group of individuals?
If you wanna create a reasonable person, you have to make you, or the material you have reasonable as well.

Requiem 5 a Dream is a not a reasonable material. It's Psycho Mantis cross dressing as a princess. You can't reason with that.
Old 2010-11-09, 23:08   Link #235
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Someone's still haunted by the unholy trinity...

Seriously, man.

What person in the right mind would make a movie out of a backwater doujinshi that portrayed the evils of reality as well as showing random (and unnecessary) rape whilst instilling readers to give up on life without even trying when the show they strived to make is the exact opposite? Especially when said work printed money?

That's just asking for an early retirement, really.
Old 2010-11-09, 23:10   Link #236
Midonin
Last Engage

Consider that many of the people wondering about such a possibility are in this thread. Which leads to an inevitable angry mob from the idea they suggested. Is this just an excuse to get the adrenaline pumping by mobbing something?
Old 2010-11-09, 23:29   Link #237
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post
Someone's still haunted by the unholy trinity...

Seriously, man.

What person in the right mind would make a movie out of a backwater doujinshi that portrayed the evils of reality as well as showing random (and unnecessary) rape whilst instilling readers to give up on life without even trying when the show they strived to make is the exact opposite? Especially when said work printed money?

That's just asking for an early retirement, really.
Because if Kyoto Animation can make 8 episodes of the same plot, then surely they can make a Gainax ending out of something like K-On!

I'm pretty sure they won't make the movie an adaptation of Requiem 5 a Dream, but it could be possible if KyoAni had a new head/director/CEO who wants "more realism" or shit like that.

When i did work for the BBC and Channel 4 in the UK, it was the total opposite of Japanese TV. Everything is all about "realism". They demand more depressed British working class citizens rather than optimistic happy-go-lucky types. And thus you get shows like Skins and Eastenders where Requiem 5 a Dream's storyline seems to be a daily routine for the characters of those shows.

And with the current recession/inflation/whatever and the success of the fucked up "Welcome to the NHK" makes it possible for something in the likes of Requiem 5 a Dream to be made into an anime series.
Old 2010-11-09, 23:39   Link #238
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

You're overlooking one major thing: Kyo-ani is not Gainax! It is not in their makeup to go down that path.

I'm sure the original author will have a say in the movie's plot, and I really don't think that he's into abusing his characters that way!
Old 2010-11-09, 23:49   Link #239
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
You're overlooking one major thing: Kyo-ani is not Gainax! It is not in their makeup to go down that path.

I'm sure the original author will have a say in the movie's plot, and I really don't think that he's into abusing his characters that way!
Well let's hope so.

But back to the topic: I'd love to see the K-On movie having storylines based on real-life indie bands, like moving to New York or London, having Youtube hits of over 9,000!!!!!, starting electronic side-projects, becoming opening acts for superstar rock bands or artists or something like that.

It'd be like watching a female version of Flight of the Conchords with more moe
Old 2010-11-10, 09:21   Link #240
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

in the movie Mugi will be the mafia head, Yui will be karate master and Mio and Ritsu will date.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, slice of life