AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-11-09, 14:58   Link #1
Falkor

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Light Novel Discussion

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai is a light novel series written by HIRASAKA Yomi and illustrated by Buriki, with 4 volumes so far released, and the fifth one coming out at the end of November. B-T is currently translating the work under Teaser Projects, being almost done with the first volume.

This discussion thread is intended for the Light Novel series Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai.

There's also a manga adaptation currently serialized in Comic Alive. If you are interested, the discussion thread can be found here.

Remember to use Spoiler Tags when appropriate. And don't forget to indicate the content of your post (e.g. vol #, ch #).

Synopsis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-T
Kodaka Hasegawa is just trying to get through his school life, but one day he saw the cute but forever pissed off girl Yozora Mikaduki alone happily talking to herself. “Can you see the ghost?” “I am just talking to my friend here. My invisible friend!” (She is a goner…) Kodaka and Yozora started discussing how to make friends, and Yozora, with her excessive action powerness started a tragic club. Then, as things went crazy, one by one other ‘regretful’ cute girls also joined the club. Together they played galgames, they went swimming, and they put together stage acts. Can our hero, who got suckered into the mess, become good friends with others? The even-though-it-really-leaves-much-to-desired-for-but-still-very-entertaining tragic youth romance story has been born!
Novel Illustrations:

Spoiler for Novel Illustrations:

a few comments:

I have been thinking for a while about creating a discussion thread for the novel, seeing that there were quite a number of people interested in the work, and the current manga thread was no place to discuss it. In addition, the fifth volume is coming very soon (as reported here), which has a very lovely cover by the way, so I thought, why not have a thread for the novel readers.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 16:45   Link #2
Kunagisa

Before any discussion continue from here, I must say this first as it is probably the most important thing on everybody's mind.

SHORT HAIR IS FINE TOOOO*echoes to infinity*~!

Spoiler for gianormous size:

Yozora does not have Eureka Syndrome =(.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 18:18   Link #3
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Oh right, I need to read v4 before v5 comes out. Maybe I'll do that after Oreimo v7.

There needs to be more Kobato! An-chaaaaaaan~!

I don't have a preference for long or short hair, but I'm more of a Meat lover if I had to choose.
Old 2010-11-09, 18:50   Link #4
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
Oh right, I need to read v4 before v5 comes out. Maybe I'll do that after Oreimo v7.

There needs to be more Kobato! An-chaaaaaaan~!

I don't have a preference for long or short hair, but I'm more of a Meat lover if I had to choose.
Meat's awesome, but can't say no to the
Spoiler for volume 3 spoiler iirc, but multiples hints very early on:
<__<. SHUFFLE is the rare few this rule doesn't apply to me =P.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 06:30   Link #5
kemal_1915

The war (over Kodaka) between Yozora and Sena:
After v1, Sena > Yozora
After v2, Sena >> Yozora
After v3, Sena < Yozora
After v4, Sena >>>>> Yozora

Yozora is in danger now. If she doesn't do anything, Kodaka will be in Sena's hand

I am also waiting for v5 right now
I have got some spoilers but...

Have anyone heard of someone who shares the same interest with Rika (aka Robot sex)?
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 07:42   Link #6
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Before any discussion continue from here, I must say this first as it is probably the most important thing on everybody's mind.

SHORT HAIR IS FINE TOOOO*echoes to infinity*~!

Yozora does not have Eureka Syndrome =(.
But now compare to how she looked with long hair and with short hair and you will see the difference. With long hair she was smoking hot, with short - just barely cute.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 15:54   Link #7
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Kind of like how Simca just isn't the same without her long hair.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 15:59   Link #8
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Kind of like how Simca just isn't the same without her long hair.
Don't remind me.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 16:59   Link #9
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I want to know what happen in the novels! Waiting for manga is too tiring!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 23:06   Link #10
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Which part do you want to know? The novel is just like a collection of short stories that cover an event each chapter involving some, sometimes all, of the member of Neighbor club trying things that a Juujitsu(I don't know the translation to this, people who have a satisfying real life) do.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 02:19   Link #11
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I want to know about all other characters' first appearance. How did they make their appearance and their unique personality.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 06:25   Link #12
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmmm..... so the only one left who hasn't come out in the manga is loli teacher Maria and Fujoshi Rika right?

Spoiler for novel:
Old 2010-11-17, 09:20   Link #13
kemal_1915

It has been confirmed.
このライトノベルがすごい!(This Light Novel is Amazing!) 2011, "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" is in the second place!
congratulation! Hirasaka sensei!
The first place is "Toaru Majutsu no Index"
And Sena is in the fourth place in female character.
Old 2010-11-18, 02:29   Link #14
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Does Yozora's character improve down the line coz she was really quite the bitch in that eroge chapter.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 02:53   Link #15
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

She remains like that later too. If she doesn't act like that there will be no story since most of the running joke is Yozora make fun of Maria and Senna.
Old 2010-11-18, 09:00   Link #16
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
It has been confirmed.
このライトノベルがすごい!(This Light Novel is Amazing!) 2011, "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" is in the second place!
congratulation! Hirasaka sensei!
The first place is "Toaru Majutsu no Index"
And Sena is in the fourth place in female character.
Well Senna has slightly better personality and after the haircut she looks ten times hotter than Yozora (even before it she looked slightly better but now it is hot vs barely cute).

Not to mention that she has more development with the hero which always helps.
Old 2010-11-18, 09:52   Link #17
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well Senna has slightly better personality and after the haircut she looks ten times hotter than Yozora (even before it she looked slightly better but now it is hot vs barely cute).

Not to mention that she has more development with the hero which always helps.
Yozora's personality really is a problem but still we don't know why she act like this.
It seems that she is afraid of large group of people in public (Agoraphobia, perhaps). The source of this reaction is unknown. Her popularity maybe increase if a good reason is given.
Old 2010-11-18, 10:33   Link #18
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Yozora's personality really is a problem but still we don't know why she act like this.
It seems that she is afraid of large group of people in public (Agoraphobia, perhaps). The source of this reaction is unknown. Her popularity maybe increase if a good reason is given.
Possible but doubt it. Mio from MM was the most popular heroine even though you dont know much about her and it focused more on Yuuno in the beginning.

Some types attract and some do not.

And I think short hair really made her worse looks wise as well. Don't have anything against short hair - for some characters it suits better like Rinko from Loveplus or Ai from amagami, but for some it just doesnt look good on and Yozora is an example of it, specially when you can place the images before the haircut and after next to each other.

And looks are important. Not determing factor but important. And considering that Senna looks better in all other factors as well even if we learn about Yozora's past it won't change much. Senna will be still most likely be significantly more popular.

The only fields that author can try to catch up is screentime, development with hero and maybe change hair design to make it more appealing (like shoulder length or short but cut in a different manner or long again).
Old 2010-11-18, 15:16   Link #19
Miraluka
Banned

Mio... WAS? Isn't she anymore? Or was outclassed by Yuuno?

Back to the topic, hell yeah! BoToSu is in the Top 10 LN series and Senna is in the top 10 female characters!!

Yozora's hair cut doesn't fits her because the design of her head I think.
BTW, Senna is my fav character in the series.

Quote:
The war (over Kodaka) between Yozora and Sena:
After v1, Sena > Yozora
After v2, Sena >> Yozora
After v3, Sena < Yozora
After v4, Sena >>>>> Yozora

Yozora is in danger now. If she doesn't do anything, Kodaka will be in Sena's hand
Wasn't he yet?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 00:24   Link #20
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Mio... WAS? Isn't she anymore? Or was outclassed by Yuuno?

Back to the topic, hell yeah! BoToSu is in the Top 10 LN series and Senna is in the top 10 female characters!!

Yozora's hair cut doesn't fits her because the design of her head I think.
BTW, Senna is my fav character in the series.

Wasn't he yet?
No she still is actually and after the latest volume were we finally get some noticeable development with hero (usually author only focused on Yuuno leaving Mio more as a fanservice character without that much of significant development)I have no doubts that she will continue to be so.

Yeah I think it has to do with head design and shape - short hair doesnt seem to fit, specially cut in the way Yozora's.

Well I always liked Sena more and since she became the only good looking main girl with better personality it is a pretty easy choice.

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen