Notices

Old 2012-04-02, 10:28   Link #161
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

So the final novel ends with the true formation of the harem-

*SHOT*
Interesting story, so what happens in the finale? Is there any romance in this at all or is it a shoot em down kinda story?
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:02   Link #162
Atreides

Chapter 10 is out. Add "Ride of the Valkyries" for instant awesome.
Atreides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:42   Link #163
kasimmorathi

This is an interesting twist on the usual genres, would like to see more of it.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 23:24   Link #164
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
Oh yes. I was thinking about that song when those Hueys and Cobras lift off to battle.
Old 2012-04-30, 00:33   Link #165
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Seeing "APOCALYPSE NOW" on that page.... the excrement has just impacted the ventilator.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 07:51   Link #166
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Not totally sure what they plan to be using those TOW missiles on the Cobra gunships on. Though I suppose they figured that bringing anti tank ordinance might be a better safe than sorry measure.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 18:50   Link #167
kasimmorathi

This sort of reminds me... I believe reddit had a thread going (and now a screenplay for) an expeditionary force of Marines being transported back to ancient Rome. May lack the fantasy element of this, but seems to be somewhat along the same lines.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/03/ff_reddit/

And hopefully for us English only folks, we'll see a translation of this in its entirety sometime!
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 19:01   Link #168
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'd heard about that! hopefully it does get made into a movie. It seems bizzare to me that something like this hasn't been expanded into movie format more often.

The only movies I can think of that did this were the time slip movies, where the JSDF got transported back in time to fight Samurai.
Old 2012-04-30, 20:35   Link #169
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Theres that film Final Countdown about a US carrier going back to WWII, altho it didn't quite turn out as I'd hope it would, no big epic battles in it.
One thing I found out when watching that film was I really find the clash or military eras quite enjoyable.

Reason why I'm so interested in this but this type of series is something I've wanted to see for years, ever since I was I kid.

Really needs a anime to do it justice.
Old 2012-04-30, 20:52   Link #170
Atreides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Theres that film Final Countdown about a US carrier going back to WWII, altho it didn't quite turn out as I'd hope it would, no big epic battles in it.
One thing I found out when watching that film was I really find the clash or military eras quite enjoyable.

Reason why I'm so interested in this but this type of series is something I've wanted to see for years, ever since I was I kid.

Really needs a anime to do it justice.
There's also Zipang, which is pretty much the anime version of Final Countdown, changing sides and shuffling the story a bit.
Old 2012-04-30, 21:13   Link #171
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I personally found Final Countdown to big of a letdown in terms of anything happening to really enjoy.

as for Zipang...I watched bits of it, but frankly? I found the characters way to self righteous given their own level of uncertainty of what to do.

"Help me create a new Japan!"
"UP YOURS! WE AIN'T GONNA PUT UP WITH THAT SHIT!"

"Just wait out the war, and wait for your Japan to be created!"
"UP YOURS! WE AIN'T GONNA PUT UP WITH THAT SHIT!"

I don't think I've ever seen an anime make the characters declarations of indecision so dramatic.
Old 2012-04-30, 22:08   Link #172
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
So very Vietnam...
Old 2012-05-01, 02:59   Link #173
Seitsuki
Onee!

Nn, guess I'll put this out here for now.

Ch 2

There's also a cbz thing, but I don't know how it works or how to apply the fix so I'll leave it to the more experienced one..
Old 2012-05-01, 05:12   Link #174
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Note: a .cbz is actually a .zip file. The file extension is different because on most computers .rar's, .zip's, .7z's, etc. are opened by archive/file managers like WinRAR, WinZip, PowerArchiver, etc...and not by manga reading software or whatever.

Cbz and cbr (renamed .zip and .rar files, respectively) are new file extensions meant to bypass the aforementioned file association; they're to be opened by reading software instead. Anyway, just rename the .cbz part as .zip and you're all set to go. Or if you want to create a .cbz file, just rename .zip -> .cbz.
Old 2012-05-01, 08:23   Link #175
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

Ch 2

There's also a cbz thing, but I don't know how it works or how to apply the fix so I'll leave it to the more experienced one..
OMG! Thank you

Spoiler for ch2:
Old 2012-05-01, 08:46   Link #176
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:

Ch 2

Great job on the translation Seitsuki! *rep up*

Though it seems a bit of a misunderstanding of the scale of the US military to think that even accounting for the US deployments in the middle-east, that deploying troops beyond the gate would be a budget/logistical infeasibility. Especially since there are already a fair number of Marine units stationed throughout Japan. Getting them to the frontier is a matter of sticking them into trucks. I suppose it's possible that the story is a "ten minutes into the future" kinda thing where the US is in much more dire straights than it is IRL.

Ah well Evil Americans in Anime/manga. What can be expected.

...the emperor seems to have taken dickishness to the level of ludicrous impracticality though. Losing a 100,000 man army isn't something you laugh off. Also rather foolish that they're willing to engage in scorched earth tactics against such an unusual enemy without even seeing if bargaining with them is a possibility.
Old 2012-05-01, 15:08   Link #177
Atreides

Quote:
You replaced the jpg I sent you, so that was pretty much it. The chapter 2 you posted is the final version.

To give everyone else some context, I sent the whole chapter corrected and "bound" in a cbz, plus the single corrected page in jpg and psd formats. Then, instead of making a zip with all the files for uploading, I made another cbz (my linux pc defaults to the last archive type used and forgot to switch back to zip). So that confused everything, and since I've been out for a few days I couldn't re-upload everything, just explain it -- poorly and painfully -- via mobile phone browser. But the rar Seitsuki has uploaded is ok, so everything turned out alright. Sorry about the mess.
Old 2012-05-01, 16:11   Link #178
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the translation.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 11:22   Link #179
Dark Wing

I'm really glad to see this seres getting some attention it would be tragic to see it fall to the way side.
Old 2012-05-03, 22:52   Link #180
deathcoy

Lol the last volume, dude is finally living his dream... dayum...
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction