AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-04, 00:55   Link #11061
rizk_doank

are there a chance thats miyuki and tatsuya are not sibling.
bcuz i think i had read satou interview about tatsuya and miyuki will together in the end. but the fans will accept it. i think that will be proof of tatsuya and miyuki are not sibling.

but i forget where i have read the interview.

i think tatsuya will have new emotion or his emotion is back. bcuz in visitor arc tatsuya not kill lina. if he not have emotion i think he will kill lina bcuz she want to hurt miyuki. yet, he choose to not kill lina and want to save her.
maybe tatsuya will develop his own emotion.
Old 2014-03-04, 01:05   Link #11062
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizk_doank View Post
bcuz i think i had read satou interview about tatsuya and miyuki will together in the end. but the fans will accept it. i think that will be proof of tatsuya and miyuki are not sibling.

i think tatsuya will have new emotion or his emotion is back. bcuz in visitor arc tatsuya not kill lina. if he not have emotion i think he will kill lina bcuz she want to hurt miyuki. yet, he choose to not kill lina and want to save her.
Oh man. Oh man oh man. This is one of those posts. One of those posts people flock too. To Burn.

A lot of people think You're right and this is going to happen.
A lot of people think you're wrong and this will never happen.

A lot of people think TatsXMiyuki is the OTP
Some people ship differently..

SOME people think, the happy ending will be Tatsuya and Miyuki continue on as just siblings, side by side the way they have been.

The Emotion thing is, well, even more debated. Your example is, well, easily deconstructed and invalidated, even if you just look at one of my posts a page or 2 back I talked about it. Not to say you're wrong, another theory IS that Tatsuya's emotions are starting to grow back ever so slowly. Emphasis on Theory

You really need to find this interview man. Now.
Old 2014-03-04, 01:22   Link #11063
hakazee

Quote:

The chance is very slim. I think they're sibling.

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, Miyuki also say something about Tat's emotion regarding to Leo condition.

Tatsuya didn't kill Lina because she's also one of the Strategic class magician.
He already upset the world because he killed one SC magician. He can't repeat the same mistake again.

And he feels Lina is a bit similar with his condition, so he pity her for that.
Old 2014-03-04, 01:23   Link #11064
rizk_doank

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Oh man. Oh man oh man. This is one of those posts. One of those posts people flock too. To Burn.

SOME people think, the happy ending will be Tatsuya and Miyuki continue on as just siblings, side by side the way they have been.

The Emotion thing is, well, even more debated. Your example is, well, easily deconstructed and invalidated, even if you just look at one of my posts a page or 2 back I talked about it. Not to say you're wrong, another theory IS that Tatsuya's emotions are starting to grow back ever so slowly. Emphasis on Theory

oh sory man.
i not 100% sure that is really from interview or just opinion. i cannot find it. because maybe i saw it months ago.

what your shipping? are you shipping that tatsuyaxmiyuki or tatsuyaxothers
Old 2014-03-04, 01:31   Link #11065
kidswable

Tatsuya isn't kill lina because his emotion are back
Why is that sentence is so funny?

As long as I remember, killing lina is the most efficient way to destroying his life with miyuki. Killing 2 stategic magician in less than 1 year showing that he is a dangerous entity. And there's no way to let him roaming freely without maximum security guard arround him
Old 2014-03-04, 01:46   Link #11066
fujin of shadows

Quote:

Guys, we just strayed away from the never ending shipping wars to a topic that is both interesting and informative....Let's keep it that way for a while okay.

P.S., FIND THAT INTERVIEW......

Last edited by fujin of shadows; 2014-03-04 at 01:57.
Old 2014-03-04, 01:47   Link #11067
anonfr

Quote:
oh sory man.
i not 100% sure that is really from interview or just opinion. i cannot find it. because maybe i saw it months ago.

what your shipping? are you shipping that tatsuyaxmiyuki or tatsuyaxothers
Oh man. My shipping? Alright then, take a knee.

I ship tatsuyaxmiyuki, tatsxmayumi, and "The fleet has sunk. No ships ashore because they sunk in a material burst tsunami!"

I'm very torn. I more Anti ship in this series. Like I anti-ship MiyukixIchijou VERY strongly (Like you have no idea)
and I anti-ship TatsXErica because I just kind of don't like it.

I also Anti-ship MayumiXJuumonji cause they don't love each other and they know it! *finger snaps*

This series really makes it hard to just pick a deck and hold out the voyage. It also makes it hard to not use 1000 idioms that might sound strange to those who have english as a second language. Like take a knee.

I'll be generally happy if it's a happy ending, if Tats ends up with his one of three love interests, obviously the third is Lina the other 2 don't count as far as I'm concerned.

I'll also be happy if Tatsuya stays single, is still onii-sama to Miyuki, and Ichijou dares not go without a kilometer of her.

Edit* I'm also secretely ShizukuXTatsuya. I might've been just a pro Shizuka shipper all along, but I can't justify because the odds are so long. She's like my Ai Fuyuumi or Suzuka Dairenji of this series(I have another better example on the tip of my tongue but can't recall. I'm also VERY HaibaraXconan on detective conan), barely a chance in hell, but man don't we just want it.

Edit* NOW I REMEMBER! Fianna from Blade dance! My favorite doomed ship of all. That's who I was forgetting. Yeah, Fianna should win. She's won my heart already..

But yeah. I respect this series due to the fact that whatever the OTP is, it takes a back seat to plot.

Also! there isn't exact a True Pairing, every ship has an equal chance of sinking for one reason or another.

Last edited by anonfr; 2014-03-04 at 01:59.
Old 2014-03-04, 01:59   Link #11068
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Oh man. My shipping? Alright then, take a knee.

I ship tatsuyaxmiyuki, tatsxmayumi, and "The fleet has sunk. No ships ashore because they sunk in a material burst tsunami!"

I'm very torn. I more Anti ship in this series. Like I anti-ship MiyukixIchijou VERY strongly (Like you have no idea)
and I anti-ship TatsXErica because I just kind of don't like it.

I also Anti-ship MayumiXJuumonji cause they don't love each other and they know it! *finger snaps*

This series really makes it hard to just pick a deck and hold out the voyage. It also makes it hard to not use 1000 idioms that might sound strange to those who have english as a second language. Like take a knee.

I'll be generally happy if it's a happy ending, if Tats ends up with his one of three love interests, obviously the third is Lina the other 2 don't count as far as I'm concerned.

I'll also be happy if Tatsuya stays single, is still onii-sama to Miyuki, and Ichijou dares not go without a kilometer of her.

Edit* I'm also secretely ShizukuXTatsuya. I might've been just a pro Shizuka shipper all along, but I can't justify because the odds are so long. She's like my Ai Fuyuumi or Suzuka Dairenji of this series(I have another better example on the tip of my tongue but can't recall. I'm also VERY HaibaraXconan on detective conan), barely a chance in hell, but man don't we just want it.

Edit* NOW I REMEMBER! Fianna from Blade dance! My favorite doomed ship of all. That's who I was forgetting. Yeah, Fianna should win. She's won my heart already..
I ship Tatsuya and Miyuki to the ends of the earth.....Secretly wanting a Tatsuya and Suzune shipping scene but that's the fanfiction writer side of me talking....
Old 2014-03-04, 02:00   Link #11069
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
I ship Tatsuya and Miyuki to the ends of the earth.....Secretly wanting a Tatsuya and Suzune shipping scene but that's the fanfiction writer side of me talking....
I respect that. Your inner fanfic needs to breath sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Guys, we just strayed away from the never ending shipping wars to a topic that is both interesting and informative....Let's keep it that way for a while okay.
Sorry bro. Missed this one. I was just so excited, no ones really bothered to ask my shipping before... :/
Old 2014-03-04, 02:53   Link #11070
Seitsuki
Onee!

DID SOMEONE MENTION SHIPPING

Cos I thought I heard someone mention shipping
Old 2014-03-04, 02:53   Link #11071
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
1. That's easy. Either the moment their life force runs out like it did with Honami or the moment they lose touch with all five sense, which is basically death and losing your brain would qualify as such.
In this world your life force running out is not a result of physical injury and so not really applicable to my question. And it may be as you say that death occurs when one loses their 5 senses, but that has never been confirmed in the novel so its just a good guess at this point. Especially since in this world magicians have a 6th sense, in addition to the normal 5 senses, that allows them to connect with an alternate dimension that makes magic possible. I would love to know what novel statements have given you such confidence in your answers.

Quote:
3. I never said they were. I said they were formed from fragments of human psyches in the form of pushion waves.
Sorry then, my point is according to the USNA theory in the novel and Yakumo's explanation in v9, the living human mind has exactly the same make up as the vamp. There is no difference according to the novel.

Quote:
4. Now you're just being ridiculous. Of course you're dead if your brain's destroyed.
My fiend, you're being a bit silly here. If we were not talking about a fictional world, then you are absolutely correct. But that is not the case and it is fictional. There are many ridiculous things in this novel, from the existence of magic to the existence of inter-dimensional spirit like parasites born from human minds invading the world. I'm still wondering what novel statements give you such confidence in your ideas when the novel has theories that the brain doesn't do any actual thinking and just transmits data, when Tatsuya goes around claiming that there is nothing that can truly harm him, and the fact he doesn't have to rely on his 5 senses like others due to his Elemental sight.

My confidence in the importance of the brain to life is shaky because in v9 its suggested that - "We USNA magic researchers believe that the brain is not an independent thinking organ; the real thinking core is the Pushion Information Body; the brain’s role is to receive the information sent from the so-called 'mind', and the communication organ transmits the information of the body to the mind. Although still in the theoretical stage, the possibility is very high.". - The brain in this novel is just an organ than translates and transmits info from a spirit body. And its also explained in v8 the magic calculation area is a part of the mind and not a physical place in the body. It is very likely that damage or destruction to the brain equals instant death. But with the theories of the mind and brain given in the novel and Tatsuya's statements about his ability to recover from physical damage, to me it makes things uncertain still.

Quote:
My point in the end is that parasites, despite their theoretical origin in humans, are fundamentally different in that they never possessed a physical body and never dependent on one to begin with. These things were only able to interact with the physical realm and use magic after the energy influx from the black hole experiment. Otherwise, they'd just be ghosts that no one could see or hear. So there is no evidence that Tatsuya could somehow cast Regrowth if his brain was destroyed since he is a magician and dependent on his physical body. It's not like Tatsuya would become a parasite and be able to use Regrowth to get his physical body back..
And I'm pointing out that the novel stated in Tatsuya and Yakumo's conversation that they did once possess a physical body and were once dependant on one. Yakumo suggested that all spirits come from another dimension and that the human spirit/human mind was also the same and existed in a dimension the humans were unable to percieve. That same conversation talks about other spirits also besides the vamps, and we know that other spirits can also use magic since that is what Mikihiko's spirit magic is described as being based on.

I don't think the USNA exeriment was stated as giving the vamps an influx of energy. In v10 Tatsuya states it opened a hole into another dimension where the energy for magic comes from, and the energy from that dimension seeped into their world and formed an information body. I am not suggesting Tatsuya will become a parasite. I just quoted the parts that show researchers and Yakumo believe the living human mind is actually a pushion spirit body that dwells in alternate dimension, exactly like the parasites and other spirits, and that the brain isn't the core of the thought process. There is also a scene in the V8 side story where Yotsuba members had automatically activated magic work to destroy their bodies upon their death. All this plus nothing confirming what damage to the brain might do to Tatsuya, leaves open the possibility that restoration could work before the state of death occurs, even if the brain is destroyed.

Last edited by Guest2; 2014-03-04 at 03:31.
Old 2014-03-04, 05:17   Link #11072
cclragnarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
My confidence in the importance of the brain to life is shaky because in v9 its suggested that - "We USNA magic researchers believe that the brain is not an independent thinking organ; the real thinking core is the Pushion Information Body; the brain’s role is to receive the information sent from the so-called 'mind', and the communication organ transmits the information of the body to the mind. Although still in the theoretical stage, the possibility is very high.". - The brain in this novel is just an organ than translates and transmits info from a spirit body. And its also explained in v8 the magic calculation area is a part of the mind and not a physical place in the body. It is very likely that damage or destruction to the brain equals instant death. But with the theories of the mind and brain given in the novel and Tatsuya's statements about his ability to recover from physical damage, to me it makes things uncertain still.
It's uncertain because it's never been explicitly stated, but I think the author has been implying that Tatsuya can indeed survive getting his brain destroyed.

I've been too busy/lazy to find all the quotes and post here, but I figured I'd finally do it since you've already done more than half of the explanation for this.

Here's a quote from volume 8 chapter 16:

Quote:
The moment one passed that threshold, his magic was as helpless as anything else. It was the first time he had attempted ‘Regrowth’ on others, but from previous experience and the knowledge that his own flesh and another’s flesh were all similarly ‘matter’ he knew that restoration was possible.

But not even his ‘Regrowth’ could call someone back from death. Life and death was an irreversible cyclic process, the changing of state from ‘alive’ to ‘dead’ being purely intrinsic. ‘Regrowth’ could restore a body back to a perfect state, but the dead do not come back to life. Such an inherent truth was clearer to none other than Tatsuya himself.

Even if the heart had already stopped, the brain shut down, the throat torn open, if that was the extent of their injuries then revival was still possible. Even an instantly fatal wound, as long as rebuilding the body and restarting the circulation of blood would have had even the faintest chance of resuscitating the person, his ‘Regrowth’ could be said to give life to the dead.

But once the state of death had been established, he was helpless.
If you look at the original Japanese text, the bolded part above actually explicitly states "brain death." It basically says "even if the injury results in brain death, Restoration can revive the injured person if applied right away."

What we don't know is how the "state of death" is achieved, and how long it takes for this to happen after the brain is destroyed. From various descriptions in volume 7, I'm guessing it's no more than a split second. This should still be enough time for Tatsuya's Self Restoration, which is faster than the speed of conscious thought.

Here's another quote from volume 11 chapter 13:

Quote:
Against significant physical attacks, Tatsuya possessed revival ability that he did not control, but all he could do was ‘revive’, he could not ‘block’.

The lack of control depended on the level of injury, not the frequency of use.
I'm sorry to say this, but I think this section was mistranslated. The section right after this (about the speed of the Brionac beam) is also mistranslated, but that's not relevant here.

I think a more accurate translation would be:
"Even though Tatsuya, in a sense, has unlimited regenerative ability against physical attacks, what he can do is 'Restore' and not 'Defend'. What is unlimited is the extent of damage and not the number of times (Restoration can be) used."

What this is saying is that Tatsuya can be killed if you keep destroying his body until he stops being able to use Restoration due to magic overuse. Magic endurance may or may not be equivalent to psion count, but Tatsuya probably has very high magic endurance either way. Why even bother saying the above if a single headshot is enough to kill him?
Old 2014-03-04, 06:42   Link #11073
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

Dude, we all know that you ship Tatsuya and Miyuki, the same as me.
Old 2014-03-04, 07:02   Link #11074
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
1. It's just a hypothetical.
2. A record of his individual emotions wouldn't be needed, at all.

Okay, technically for Arguments sake. Think of it like this. Tatsuya's brain is a computer, the part that processes emotions was dialed down, the part that processes calculations was dialed up.

To be more specific, it's the Amygdala that's mostly responsible for emotions and behavior, but it's the Angular gyrus that processes Calculations.

To be even more specific, the Amygdala is part of the lymbic system which processes Emotional learning and Memory modulation. Any abstruction to this could effect your emotional processing ability (like say, aspergers syndrome, sociopathy, these are theoretically linked to underdeveloped lymbic system)

The Angular Gyrus however, is responsible for language, number processing and spatial cognition, memory retrieval, attention, and theory of mind. Aside from Language as far as we're shown, these are all things Tatsuya excels at. He's probably good at Languages too.

Therefore we can consider that his operation theoretically took processing power away from his Amygdala and redirected it towards his Angular Gyrus.

There's precedence for it, with Maya. With her, her Episodic memory was completely rewritten to become Semantic memory instead.

That is essentially manipulating the Hippocampus which is responsible for both Semantic and Episodic memory, creating the umbrella term Declarative memory.

Miya essentially took all the episodic information stored in one end, and redirected it to becoming semantic information stored further towards the prefrontal cortex. It's magical brain surgery really.

SO basically, It can be argued that Tatsuya's Angular Gyrus and his Amygdala are out of sync, with one receiving way more processing power than the other.

So there's literally no need to have a record of Tatsuya's emotions. If he got his emotions back it would be like resetting him to "Have emotions like a normal person"

Other than that I'm generally just curious if it's possible. Even more curious if it would be possible without the loss of his genius.

Has absolutely nothing to do with my statement. At all. I was asking for your opinion, jerk. Literally I was talking about something entirely different.

Well put. This is very interesting to me. Of course, I'm of the opinion that even with his emotions Tatsuya will still be just as big a genius as he is...only he'd be less focused and much more susceptible to human error and distractions.
Old 2014-03-04, 08:49   Link #11075
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Just sharing this for people who haven't seen it:

http://www.lxixsxa.com/
Old 2014-03-04, 08:49   Link #11076
fujin of shadows

Quote:
1. It's just a hypothetical.
2. A record of his individual emotions wouldn't be needed, at all.

Okay, technically for Arguments sake. Think of it like this. Tatsuya's brain is a computer, the part that processes emotions was dialed down, the part that processes calculations was dialed up.

To be more specific, it's the Amygdala that's mostly responsible for emotions and behavior, but it's the Angular gyrus that processes Calculations.

To be even more specific, the Amygdala is part of the lymbic system which processes Emotional learning and Memory modulation. Any abstruction to this could effect your emotional processing ability (like say, aspergers syndrome, sociopathy, these are theoretically linked to underdeveloped lymbic system)

The Angular Gyrus however, is responsible for language, number processing and spatial cognition, memory retrieval, attention, and theory of mind. Aside from Language as far as we're shown, these are all things Tatsuya excels at. He's probably good at Languages too.

Therefore we can consider that his operation theoretically took processing power away from his Amygdala and redirected it towards his Angular Gyrus.

There's precedence for it, with Maya. With her, her Episodic memory was completely rewritten to become Semantic memory instead.

That is essentially manipulating the Hippocampus which is responsible for both Semantic and Episodic memory, creating the umbrella term Declarative memory.

Miya essentially took all the episodic information stored in one end, and redirected it to becoming semantic information stored further towards the prefrontal cortex. It's magical brain surgery really.

SO basically, It can be argued that Tatsuya's Angular Gyrus and his Amygdala are out of sync, with one receiving way more processing power than the other.

So there's literally no need to have a record of Tatsuya's emotions. If he got his emotions back it would be like resetting him to "Have emotions like a normal person"

Other than that I'm generally just curious if it's possible. Even more curious if it would be possible without the loss of his genius.

Has absolutely nothing to do with my statement. At all. I was asking for your opinion, jerk. Literally I was talking about something entirely different.
I'll be honest with you, I don't understand a word of your theory...

Still, Mahouka's draw for me is the badass character, OP and unique protagonist, the interesting yet confusing world, and because I can understand all the science crap because it's similar to how a computer program works....

Also, one of Tatsuya's greatest draw is his lack of emotions....Finally, an emotionless character that isn't broody, moody, or an emo..... Go Tat's
Old 2014-03-04, 08:51   Link #11077
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Just sharing this for people who haven't seen it:

http://www.lxixsxa.com/
Can't wait for the full song to be released......One month to go before Mahouka anime airs....
Old 2014-03-04, 09:15   Link #11078
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

Did someone call me?

Yeah I think I saw someone mentioned shipping too...

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-04, 09:24   Link #11079
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

Did someone call me?

Yeah I think I saw someone mentioned shipping too...
Oh no that again please stop no more shipping topic

Offtopic phalanx vs kekaishi zetsu I wonder who can win 0_0 auto barrier vs manual barrier
Old 2014-03-04, 09:48   Link #11080
kidswable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Oh no that again please stop no more shipping topic

Offtopic phalanx vs kekaishi zetsu I wonder who can win 0_0 auto barrier vs manual barrier
I think the most appropriate comparison is phalanx vs tokine multi layer kekkai

add zekkai vs decomposition please
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings