Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-12-09, 15:27   Link #661
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
I'm a semi-vegan.
I eat only herbivorous animals, which puts me only one step away from vegan.
Was it hard for you?
Old 2010-02-03, 01:56   Link #662
Vault Dweller
Let's fighting love!

Nothing beats a nice big juicy steak! I love meat though I recently changed my diet and now only eat fish or chicken along with lots of fruits and vegetables. That's not to say I still can't enjoy the occasional steak once in a great while. I don't see anything morally wrong with eating meat but if you don't want to eat it for health reasons, that's sensible. That's why I'm cutting back on red meat.
Vault Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 20:25   Link #663
Lost Cause

Meat; yes please!

Yes,I eat meat not just because it tastes good but also because it gives you protiens your body needs. I have 2 vegitarian friends who tried to convert me and for almost a month I didn't eat meat! Then one day I went into a local bar for a beer and they were selling hamburgers for a dollar! I watched the guy next to me eat his and as the grease and various juices dribbled down his chin I lost it. So I ordered one and fogive me for saying this but IT WAS AWESOME! And the funny thing was afterwards I really felt GOOD.
I say as long as you eat a well rounded diet you will do just fine.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 01:56   Link #664
ac3y

I eat pretty much anything.
But I think I derive the most enjoyment from eating meat. It must be an animal-level thing.
Old 2010-02-05, 02:38   Link #665
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Only some meat. I eat (usually) grapes, apples, bananas, and or pineapples

I usually get the urge to go unhealthy... my fat cells screamin' "Give us the bacon-bit pepperoni pizza...." not really, but I try to make it infrequent, considering.

Truthfully? I never had a steak, and if I did... I can't remember. Most of my life I've eaten the apples my family grows on the farm, along with the potatoes, carrots, etc.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 05:36   Link #666
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Cross View Post
Only some meat. I eat (usually) grapes, apples, bananas, and or pineapples

I usually get the urge to go unhealthy... my fat cells screamin' "Give us the bacon-bit pepperoni pizza...." not really, but I try to make it infrequent, considering.

Truthfully? I never had a steak, and if I did... I can't remember. Most of my life I've eaten the apples my family grows on the farm, along with the potatoes, carrots, etc.
You sound tasty =)
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 07:57   Link #667
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I think we should less eating meat or we'll be gettin overweight like mine (I've got 72KG so i've need to find a way how to lose weight Like stop eating mcdonalds food like Big Mac @ Quater pounder from now on which was my favourite).
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 09:48   Link #668
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
You sound tasty =)
Cannibalism is prohibited on the forums. Please keep that roasting spit and .308 rifle please.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 11:48   Link #669
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I don't think I ever eat a meal without any meat. I can't explain the reason why that is though... perhaps I'm so used to the taste. I grew up on pretty much only indian foods containing a lot of meat. So, I prefer meats and lots of chilli otherwise the food will be 'boring' for me. :P

It's probably alos what made me so picky about what I eat... I rarely try new stuff and avoid eating lots of soups and pies and whatever else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Cannibalism is prohibited on the forums. Please keep that roasting spit and .308 rifle please.
Reminds me of how things are done in Fallout 3.
Old 2010-02-05, 15:42   Link #670
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I don't think I ever eat a meal without any meat. I can't explain the reason why that is though... perhaps I'm so used to the taste. I grew up on pretty much only indian foods containing a lot of meat. So, I prefer meats and lots of chilli otherwise the food will be 'boring' for me. :P
I'm sure I've mentioned it before somewhere, but blood types relate to your primary food (O for meat, A for fruit, B for dairy...AB for hybrids xD).
I also rarely spend a day without having meat, but I can live for more than 50 days without eating any...it's more of a luxury than a need
Quote:
I think we should less eating meat or we'll be gettin overweight like mine (I've got 72KG so i've need to find a way how to lose weight Like stop eating mcdonalds food like Big Mac @ Quater pounder from now on which was my favourite).
Actually it's not meat that gets you fat, but the fat/grease inside the meat and the enormous sugar intake that casually follows junk food. Despite having meat almost every day and weighing 75Kg, I don't have a pot belly or generally a part of my body heavy with fat...exercise and limit on the amount of food you get everyday helps a lot, as well as avoiding eating stuff with a lot of fat (i.e. bacon, cow and pork).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 21:38   Link #671
Lost Cause

"Roasting spit and .308 rifle"!

[QUOTE=SaintessHeart;2901108]Cannibalism is prohibited on the forums. Please keep that roasting spit and .308 rifle please. [
LOL!! That's a good one! Sounds like something my eldest brother would say!:heh!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 21:47   Link #672
Seitsuki
Onee!

lean meat is actually pretty good for you because its basically fibrous protiens. just stay away from fatty cuts/unhealthy preperation (frying, too much grease etc) and you should be fine.
oh are we all posting our weight here? c: I'm 66kg, which is kinda weird considering I'm almost 1.8m.. I don't feel very skinny either..
Old 2010-02-06, 18:01   Link #673
Sykez
One Piece Lover

Yes, yes I do eat meat.
Sykez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 05:07   Link #674
chichi13

i love meat <3 meat is good for our body (but not too much). and in fact i eat meat everyday because i dont eat veggies
chichi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 05:23   Link #675
master_buten

i eat almost anything even plastic wares (kiddin') ooohh meat, my hubby loves meat, ,i am more into chicken though, i rarely eat pork & beef but i drool over hickory spareribs ^_^ yum yum
master_buten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 11:44   Link #676
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Should we feel guilty eating meat?

Should you as a human(AKA Animal) feel bad about eating other animals? there is a artical on it on yahoo http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/...s-meat-1298762

Simply stupid, easy answer is... No

Has anyone asked what a Wolf thinks about eating a rabbit? or a lion eating its pray? I'd love someone to try (a wild one) to choose over eating a nice salad, or ... you..

Dont give us that "we're more evolved" crap. Because arent plants alive too? Just because their not animals means its ok to eat them too?

if someone feels guilty for eating meat, they have issues and do not understand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX07j9SDFcc
Old 2010-04-28, 11:55   Link #677
Kuniko
Put The Monkey DOWN!

I think people should decide for themselfs if they feel guilty about eating "other" animals..
I don't feel guilty for eating them, but still I won't eat for example my own chickens.

And if you're talking about the circle of life I have to disagree.. Some animals are breed just for meat, never saw daylight or had more space than 30 CM to life in..
I think thats cruelty, not the circle of life.

(sorry for my english)
Kuniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 11:57   Link #678
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

No, but I'd like it if we weren't so wasteful with food. In the end we are animals as well we do what can being on top of the food chain.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 12:02   Link #679
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I dont mean being cruel to them then eating them, I mean just eating meat period. I hate how they treat the animals but its not gonna stop me from eating meat or feel guilty for eating meat. I feel sad when they get treated so poorly tho.
Old 2010-04-28, 12:08   Link #680
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

It's survival, it's a grey area.

What we choose to prey on, and what we need to is evident of our living. People have the choice or conscious to feel guilty, others do not.

Do not try making people guilty or versa by implying or forcing your views of living.

If there is no guilt, then it isn't something to be ashamed of.

That is how life works. Don't force your standard of living on someone else.

I personally try to avoid meat as much as possible, but I know I need it - So I do eat it sometimes.

It's survival, that is the answer.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote