AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 18 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 41.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 19.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-06, 12:06   Link #61
Midonin
Last Engage

Talk about a downward spiral (pun possibly intended). Anti-Nia continues to be freaky, and Rossiu...he wasn't all that friendly when he debuted, and he isn't friendly now. Arresting Simon is one thing, but Boota too? What did the mole-pig have to do with any of this? The Grappal's new weapons make Gurren-Lagann obsolete, which is a real shame...

I gotta say, Viral's grin at the end of the episode was scary. However, I don't think things are going to get worse from here. In the preview, even if it was only for a second, I saw King Kittan and some of the old Gurren Dan Ganmen. They're still out there and there's still hope.

Can't wait for next week.
Old 2007-08-06, 12:07   Link #62
Onset
desu~

I thought this was a very entertaining episode and my favorite of this arc so far. I'm really liking the tension between Simon and Rossiu, and it's going to be interesting to see what happens to Kittan in future episodes. Oh, and Viral's appearance in next week's episode guarantees its awesomeness.
Old 2007-08-06, 12:52   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That took time but I fucking hate Rossiu now. Simon should just GTFO of earth with the former Gurren-dan member (except Rossiu and Kinon, of course) and let all the citizens of Kamina City die like the bastards they are. Kamina must be turning in his grave right now.
Old 2007-08-06, 13:49   Link #64
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Yup, Rossiu is a bastard (and Simon rightfully points out how much he's like his village chief), but I sure hope that whatever he's planning doesn't blow up in his face... like needing a working Core Drill to start the Ark Gurren!

Simon is going to learn some harsh lessons in prison, but I got this feeling that Viral might help him out in some way (after getting his licks in, of course!)

I wonder if we'll ever find out what Rossiu's book says...
Old 2007-08-06, 14:01   Link #65
IMSabbel

Am i the only one who things its absolutly hillarious (or horrible, depending on how serious you take it) to lock up simon with viral, of all people, in the same cell?

Are they waiting for a soap drop event to broadcast in order to destroy the public oppinion of simon, or is just plain stupidity?
Old 2007-08-06, 14:10   Link #66
KaedeKei
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel View Post
Am i the only one who things its absolutly hillarious (or horrible, depending on how serious you take it) to lock up simon with viral, of all people, in the same cell?

Are they waiting for a soap drop event to broadcast in order to destroy the public oppinion of simon, or is just plain stupidity?
I don't find it neither hilarous nor horrible, actually I find it kind of convenient.
It's doubtful Viral will took advantage (perhaps a little) of having an unarmed Simon (who seems to don't know about hand to hand combat) in the same cell.
Old 2007-08-06, 14:15   Link #67
IlluminaZero

Aside from it being freak coincidence, it might have been intentional. It's possible that Rossiu -- Not understanding the nature of their manly rivalry -- put him in the cell with Viral so that Viral would "take care" of Simon.

The probability of them being stuck together might not be so low really, namely because those two are probably in the same tier as "criminals" as they both endangered "national security."

I liked the episode but the anticipation of waiting for Simon to finally go GAR is killing me. -.- *
Old 2007-08-06, 15:26   Link #68
ievoi
substantial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Yup, Rossiu is a bastard (and Simon rightfully points out how much he's like his village chief), but I sure hope that whatever he's planning doesn't blow up in his face... like needing a working Core Drill to start the Ark Gurren!

Simon is going to learn some harsh lessons in prison, but I got this feeling that Viral might help him out in some way (after getting his licks in, of course!)

I wonder if we'll ever find out what Rossiu's book says...
I agree, I bet they're going to team up. Great ep, and an all around amazing series. I was blown away by this one.
Old 2007-08-06, 16:01   Link #69
U<3Anime
Boo!

I have nothing to say, besides.......HOW DARE THEY PULL DOWN THE KAMINA STATUE!!! DAMN CRAZY CITIZENS
Old 2007-08-06, 16:08   Link #70
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Watched the sub.

Well, Rossiu doesn't have any redeeming quality, does he?

Well, I suppose his desire to see the human race is commendable. Sort of. But he panders to cowardice and selfishness. Things like "loyalty" don't mean anything to him anymore. And I still suspect him of being power hungry, in addition to everything else.

Sure, you could argue he's the only one who can run the damn planet. But did he try to make it so people could rule themselves? Did he try to empower the people? No, he just tried to hold them in an ever firmer grip.

And for that bastard to dare to invoke Kamina's and the Gurren's names... He's got no shame at all.

Also, I know that the rioters aren't all of the human population. But when you see them, more worried about getting their pound of flesh from Simon of all people, than about finding a solution, it's hard to think they deserve to be saved.
Old 2007-08-06, 16:09   Link #71
Var
Banned

Interesting episode. I think they portrayed what would happen quite well, though its a shame everyone came to blame Kamina and Simon for something they knew nothing off. I have a feeling that a good chunk of those people will die and the rest will come crawling back to Simon... Heh. Some bits of animation were a little low quality but the fight sequence was quite amazing and I found Porcupine Gurren-Lagann mode to be quite funny.
Old 2007-08-06, 16:14   Link #72
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Some bits of animation were a little low quality.
Particularly the rioting population... I thought everything else looked fine even if they reused footage for the grappar fight sequence.
Old 2007-08-06, 16:15   Link #73
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm afraid Simon will somehow save the day before a lot of people die. And that the masses will be left ungrateful. Or maybe grateful to the wrong person.
Old 2007-08-06, 16:45   Link #74
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm afraid Simon will somehow save the day before a lot of people die. And that the masses will be left ungrateful. Or maybe grateful to the wrong person.
If this arc is heroic failure, then I don't think he will. He may try to but I probably will only save a handful.

For the grapal fight, I didn't really mind the reuse, it flowed well unlike some other... rioting parts.
Old 2007-08-06, 16:51   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
If this arc is heroic failure, then I don't think he will. He may try to but I probably will only save a handful.
Yeah i'm wait for heroic failure to happen, and the way things are shaping up, then it'll be something pretty epic.

In the preview for episode 20, you can see some of the original Gunmen used in the fight against Genome. Kittan has finally had enough!

& Gah, i need Yoko back damn it.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-06, 17:13   Link #76
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or to snipe Rossiu in the middle of his oversized forehead. Whichever.
Old 2007-08-06, 17:27   Link #77
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
They're not pulling any punches, aren't they? poor Simon.

Rewatching the trial scene, it's heartbreaking. There he is, betrayed by both his love and his partner, alone, disgraced before an audience composed mainly of his friends, with nothing to hang onto except his memories of his brother and a lick of sympathy from the woman prosecuting him. And no one except Kittan speaks up against that mockery of a trial! With friends like that...

And what does that guy do after all that? He asks to go out there and fight another unminnable battle for the fools out there demanding his head and pissing on the grave of his family. And that's why he's one of the biggest damn heroes I've ever seen animated!
Old 2007-08-06, 17:28   Link #78
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or to snipe Rossiu in the middle of his oversized forehead. Whichever.
I second that, my friend. GOD he's such an ass. Simoun should have stuck the Core Drill right between his eyes at the end of the episode.
Old 2007-08-06, 17:42   Link #79
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Awesome.Another great ep.

Rossiu was again,absolutely wonderful..Sometimes the whole "fight with your soul" stuff is annoying.It's good to see someone who doesn't give a damn and will not hesitate to do anything.

Anyway,he's great .

And the last scene between simon and viral was intresting.This is going to be epic.

Last edited by ZeusIrae; 2007-08-06 at 18:21.
Old 2007-08-06, 18:37   Link #80
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah i'm wait for heroic failure to happen, and the way things are shaping up, then it'll be something pretty epic.

In the preview for episode 20, you can see some of the original Gunmen used in the fight against Genome. Kittan has finally had enough!

& Gah, i need Yoko back damn it.
Spoiler:
You can also see what I think are the remnants of Kamina city. Looks like something might happen in episode 20.

As much as I miss the robots fighting one another, these episodes are a nice build up of story and plot.

Spoiler for For yoko...:
Closed Thread