AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 26 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 57 12.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 12.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 59 13.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 68 15.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 62 14.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 4.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 24 5.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 10 2.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 12 2.73%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 16.40%
Voters: 439. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-26, 19:32   Link #261
zhoutai753
zhoutai753

that was a good ending. i hope there's a season two
Old 2007-09-26, 19:33   Link #262
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
There are no words to describe my utter disappointment for the ending so i wont even try and yes i rated it a 1 out of 10 bitch if you want.
Old 2007-09-26, 19:33   Link #263
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
yes you asked too early. The manga as of now is where the anime ends.

1 week = 1 chapter
6 chapters = 1 volume
12-13 volume = 1 season of anime for claymore.

do the math.

but in my opinion, there wouldn't be one. I recommend reading the manga since it is different than the anime "ending". Besides, the manga continues further than the anime's original ending.
That seriously doesnt matter anymore.
They simply cannot follow the manga in any kind with those changes, so they could just pull a season 2 out of their ass for the next spring/summer.
Old 2007-09-26, 19:33   Link #264
Esukaresu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuita83 View Post
Since it was an original ending I was hoping Clare would cut Raki in thousand of pieces and Jean would live.. Meh..
LOL. I concur. XD

But yeah, first half was spectacular...but I really didn't like how it ended, with the whole Raki thing and all...It's not like he's gonna be missed or anything if he dies. XDDD
Old 2007-09-26, 19:39   Link #265
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esukaresu View Post
LOL. I concur. XD

But yeah, first half was spectacular...but I really didn't like how it ended, with the whole Raki thing and all...It's not like he's gonna be missed or anything if he dies. XDDD
Bwahahah! I like how you think! : P
Old 2007-09-26, 20:01   Link #266
jinntann
Claymore Megafan!

after all that, we never found out miria's "dangerous secret" and all the abysalls and prissila still roam around.

series: 10+ ep1-20, rest was not so good.......

in the end, total accomplished: 10 dead claymores, and 8 dead AOs. i guess not a lot was done.

done outside the story:got massive increase in teh claymore manga popularity
Old 2007-09-26, 20:11   Link #267
Schuyler

Like the fight scene, but it was so dam short, eight minutes. Other then that it was horrid, we all knew the raki speech was coming and how awful it was. It was pretty much talking the whole ep, so rushed and not a good ending at all. There is no way they could make another season, after that. I’m so sad, what could have been a great anime turn to crap.

Everyone go read the manga now, and see the real ending.
Old 2007-09-26, 20:19   Link #268
Nesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
I hope they bring some Wallpapers "Omake" with this face Closeups... Onegai... i can dream, can i?

the one good thing from this anime ending is that now we can have some high quality claymore wallpapers lol
Old 2007-09-26, 20:26   Link #269
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Just want to say this is all based on the anime, my thoughts on a second season.

Spoiler for for ep 26 and other anime eps:

Old 2007-09-26, 20:29   Link #270
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

I was always hoping Clare and Riful team up. Second Season better happen.
Old 2007-09-26, 20:30   Link #271
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Given raki's new perspective on yoma, which sounds eerily familiar to what riful was saying in witches maw, it might be a good possibility (of the team up, not the second season..that has a slim chance lol)

Old 2007-09-26, 20:52   Link #272
Schuyler

Read the manga, then you shall be happy, but you will be sad, there will be no season 2, they will have rewrite the whole story.
Old 2007-09-26, 21:03   Link #273
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Hmmm deneve is no joke with her regen, she already has one arm healed at the beginning of this ep...she lost both right?

Old 2007-09-26, 21:09   Link #274
workingclass

well after watching the final episode my overall opinion is it left a sour note in my mind. if they didnt want to follow the manga trhats fine do something along the lines of my hime where the manga is a complete 180 degree turn to the anime series. but why in this series follow through the manag storyline for like the first 20 or so episodes and then veer of course so badly?

episode 26 for watchabilty wasnt to bad the artwork for jeane and such was beautifully done. some of the fight scenes animation was just bad but not all bad. and to ruin the episode even more they put just way to much raki in it. i had a freind over watching this episode and was his first episode ever of watching this series and all he could even say was that kid was damn annoying.

4/10
Old 2007-09-26, 21:18   Link #275
Super Ska Master

They totally left it wide open for a second season. I guess I wouldn't mind if it was original. They could pull a Full Metal and make the second part all original.
Old 2007-09-26, 21:20   Link #276
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I have to think that this opens up the possibility of a second season, with the anime going off on it's own, which takes care of the "waiting for the manga" problem.
Old 2007-09-26, 21:34   Link #277
RoryTate
Circle Researcher

Quote:
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
- Confucius
Simply put: I love this series. What an unexpected gem.

This episode was excellent in so many ways, and the most important fact is that it focused on the most archetypal conflict, one that I must admit I overlooked (or rather, I wrote off) until about episode 22 or so. Clare vs Priscilla, the org vs AOs, rebel Claymores vs the org, Claymores as outcasts within the human world...all these conflicts were leveraged into the internal battle of fighting the monster within us all. I must congratulate the writers at MadHouse; let no one say that they did not understand and pay respect to the truth of Claymore with their adaptation.

There were some areas that were lacking in the overall realization, but they were minor in the end. And rather than consider this episode in detail (^Sakon's post sums that up pretty well for me), at the moment I just feel like appreciating the entirety of the series.

Wow.

I really feel close to these characters, almost as though they are friends with whom I have shared precious time laughing, crying, and living. In that vein, I think Miria's words...or rather Eclipse's translation of them (and thanks again to Eclipse for the time they have spent producing these fansubs...we would not be here sharing this without your effort) speak best regarding my hope for the future:

Miria: "This is another farewell, then. I won't say when, but let us meet again."

Dare I hope? Is this MadHouse speaking to the fans as well?
Old 2007-09-26, 21:39   Link #278
jor8888

1/10 very bad animation and the story suck big time.
Old 2007-09-26, 21:42   Link #279
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Wow...the '10" votes are 31 and the '1" votes are 25, never saw such a WIDE GAP in difference before. Well, might as well help out the '1" votes...Raki sucked and ruined everything like clockwork.

I admit I skipped the Raki emotional crying scenes...
Old 2007-09-26, 21:48   Link #280
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

I actually liked the animation of their swords clashing together furiously as they went thru the sky (the furious spiderlope flashclaw vs the green light sabers), it was kinda pretty. Didn't like the indistinguishible dbz colliding streaks tho.

Closed Thread