AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-02, 18:06   Link #301
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
especially now... i don't think there ever was suppose to be any sweet or happy moments in claymore, laughs....

claymore isn't your "feel good", "happily ever after" disney kid-shows/movies cliche' .....
-----------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone know when/if claymore manga is ending soon?

i hope this chapter 96 isn't some kinda rushed ending of the manga... like what happened with the anime....
Considering an old statement by yagi claymore will last 25 volumes, were currently up to volume 18 , so a fair while to go assuming yagi still plans to hold up to the 25 volumes.
Old 2009-10-02, 18:23   Link #302
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

I think prissy should have been strong enough to prevent raki from getting hit but i am asking myself why raki did not separate his arm from his body. He must know by now what those things are doing.
Old 2009-10-02, 18:26   Link #303
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Might want to reconsider Raki being a "true" Human, Shiek...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Don't bother Weird D; it's partly why I don't care that I'm unable to post for awhile, everyone is just happily ranting on the hate-bandwagon.
They're only doing that because Raki hasn't played much more than a side part in the plot since Rabona (excepting perhaps during the confrontation with Ophelia). As much as you may hate it, Raki being more "bad-ass" may earn him a lot more respect from some people around here.

Quote:
Frankly, I hate this change; Yagi is destroying what makes Raki unique and special in a world ruled by supernatural monsters. Claymore has never been about who has the stronger powers, it was about personality and relationships that dictate importance. By taking away that special humanity in Raki and turning him into another monster, he is not only pulling off a boring cliche, but effectively killing him.
He's human is he? I understand your complaint, but why is it, if he's truly, 100% human, do we hear from an Organization MIB that in fact he was a "discarded experiment"? Just what kind of human was he then Shiek? Perhaps Yagi was merely misleading us about Raki the whole time and the small hints he's been feeding us have been about this far greater secret?

One must ask themselves seriously Shiek, if Raki were indeed normal, how is it he survived the attack on his brother? Why is it he is described as so unusually good smelling by an Awakened Being? Was he in fact led to accompany Claire on the Organization's orders? What was his original purpose? Was it to prevent their mysterious No 47 from fully awakening before she reached her potential?

Quote:
And I'm still finding it impossible to figure out how Priscilla, the most powerful person for the majority of the story, failed to protect the most important thing in her entire life. No matter how much she weakened herself, apparently, all that power amounted to nothing.
I wouldn't say it amounted to nothing. You could be the most powerful person in the Claymore world, but even then not be able to prevent something like this from happening. They do have limits to their abilities. I doubt Priscilla was counting on the infectious spikes coming out of the ABs she killed. As we've seen before, when she's surprised she'll get near to death before responding, or in this case didn't take drastic enough measures when she had to. It's more likely a personality flaw than a power issue I think Shiek.

Quote:
No Riful.......No Alicia.........

What kind of chapter was this?
One in which our theory of Raki as a normal human was severely tested by direct evidence from the Organization itself and which was then ignored by some former Dark Apprentice of mine. Oh, and Beth's yoki being used up by the AB was superb, don't forget that! Not to mention we finally got to see the true face of the MIBs, and Riful, as far as we know, still isn't dead. What a survivor!

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-10-02, 20:04   Link #304
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
They're only doing that because Raki hasn't played much more than a side part in the plot since Rabona (excepting perhaps during the confrontation with Ophelia). As much as you may hate it, Raki being more "bad-ass" may earn him a lot more respect from some people around here.
I'm not complaining.

Quote:
He's human is he? I understand your complaint, but why is it, if he's truly, 100% human, do we hear from an Organization MIB that in fact he was a "discarded experiment"? Just what kind of human was he then Shiek? Perhaps Yagi was merely misleading us about Raki the whole time and the small hints he's been feeding us have been about this far greater secret?

One must ask themselves seriously Shiek, if Raki were indeed normal, how is it he survived the attack on his brother? Why is it he is described as so unusually good smelling by an Awakened Being? Was he in fact led to accompany Claire on the Organization's orders? What was his original purpose? Was it to prevent their mysterious No 47 from fully awakening before she reached her potential?
I haven't really read the chapter yet Revan, but from what I hear the MiB's said, is that experiments like him could have very unexpected results. I don't remember anything about about him being "discarded".

But that's not the point; Why did he survive his brother's attack? because Claire saved him. Why has he always been good-smelling to others? I don't know, I can't explain that part, no one can.

I'm just annoyed and/or worried that Raki has a great purpose, that he's suddenly a piece in the Org's grand design. I wanted him to remain what he was; just an ordinary boy swept in the events that have taken place so far, and him growing up and finding his way through them. When I read how the Org wondered how he survived the attack and hope it's not something "boring" like spritual strength, I want the answer to that question to be Yes.

All this is just personal, but that's how I want it, or rather, how I wanted it: that their was nothing special about Raki, that his scent was just part of him growing in the South like Priscilla and their was never anything inheritly unique about him(except his empathy). I didn't think their was anything wrong with liking and/or wanting a character like that, especially since every other character has some sort of power of some sorts. Apparently, I was wrong.

Quote:
wouldn't say it amounted to nothing. You could be the most powerful person in the Claymore world, but even then not be able to prevent something like this from happening. They do have limits to their abilities. I doubt Priscilla was counting on the infectious spikes coming out of the ABs she killed. As we've seen before, when she's surprised she'll get near to death before responding, or in this case didn't take drastic enough measures when she had to. It's more likely a personality flaw than a power issue I think Shiek.
Well, I understand she isn't god-like or can predict the future, and I'm sure she tried the best she could, but I'm still annoyed how this could happen. Out of all the people Raki could be with, he's in the best hands imaginable; the idea of Priscilla failing to protect him just never crossed my mind. Even worse, once again, Yagi skips showing us what actually happened and just shows us the aftermath just to tease us -_-.

A better chapter would have been just showing the whole battle and showing the MiB's getting close as a cliffhanger.

The MiB's didn't really surprise me or anything; we all knew their wasn't something right about those guys since Day 1. Watching Beth transform was a more worthwhile treat. Yes though, I have to say, I really didn't expect Riful to survive this long .
Old 2009-10-02, 20:13   Link #305
Aimless
Insufficiently Inebriated

Alright, I'm going to quash this rumor before it even gets started (assuming it's not already too late). There are too many misconceptions already running around this forum; this is getting out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
He's human is he? I understand your complaint, but why is it, if he's truly, 100% human, do we hear from an Organization MIB that in fact he was a "discarded experiment"?
Assuming that the translation is accurate (and, since it's a Jap->Chi->Eng translation, that's iffy), the MIB in question never actually refers to Raki as a discarded experiment. He's speaking in generalities here.

Remember, Raphaela herself is a discarded experiment. And, what is Raki infected with a piece of? Further, there's no indication of recognition of Raki's identity on the MIB's part - without which the "Raki is a discarded experiment" theory makes no sense whatsoever.

Read carefully and allow for possible errors in translation before jumping to wild conclusions.

As for why Raki is able to resist the infection, well, at this point that's anyone's guess.
Old 2009-10-02, 21:19   Link #306
HegemonKhan
Banned

i think we can all agree that there is a lot of stuff that the Organization has kept secret.....

and now some of this stuff, the darker and deeper forbidden secrets of the organization, has exploded into sight in chapter 96.....

what is with all these new nameless black coats, and what is this retrieval unit, they speak of.....
Old 2009-10-02, 22:08   Link #307
zato_1one

Don't get overreact, Raki is still human now right? I'm sure that this is also a plot to reveal inside of the org. We will see how the org create Claymore or even Yoma. That really makes me excite more than anything.

Who knows someone may help him escape. Do you still remember Rubel? He should prevent the org from achieve such success right?

Quote:
By taking away that special humanity in Raki and turning him into another monster, he is not only pulling off a boring cliche, but effectively killing him.
In my opinion, a truly boring cliche is training -> get stronger -> lose -> training -> get stronger -> ... Infinite Loop.

Quote:
No Riful.......No Alicia.........

What kind of chapter was this?
This proves again that 30 pages are too short...

Last edited by zato_1one; 2009-10-02 at 22:37.
Old 2009-10-02, 22:40   Link #308
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Watch it turn out that Raki was resisting because of the strengh of his will.
Geez at the rate things are going to hell on the island I wouldn't be surprised if the Dragonkin do show up.
Old 2009-10-02, 23:46   Link #309
phaeiz

i know yagi has a lot of surprises up his sleeve but I don't really like the way he always skip things in between chapters. Like I do not know what the hell happened to Prissy. Did she help Raki dodged that pole thing before? How could she missed it this time unless if she could not sustain enough Yoki to keep up with the poles shooting at them, or if she fled from the scene. I've no freaking idea how this whole thing could happen.

On another notes, yay for Cynthia. I've been missing her. Hope she could make it for another chapter. You never know, with Yagi.
Old 2009-10-02, 23:50   Link #310
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Headless horseman Beth Ab form looks really good. make for a good avatar.

Edit:
looks like Isley.
Old 2009-10-02, 23:54   Link #311
Cheese Ninja

Too bad there was no Alicia/Riful. We still can't determine with any certainty why Alicia was killing off the AF last chapter. Maybe Alicia and Riful will arrive next chapter to take out monster Beth, I'm not sure anyone else (besides Priscilla or super-powered Clare) is capable of doing so. Not that Riful would be any help without quite a bit of rest anyway... So does Beth still generate yoki to feed the parasite spike, or has she stopped producing now that it transformed her and will she die eventually if it's left alone?

Priscilla could have gotten a meal in that town, it would have been like a buffet after the mini-lucis killed everyone. If she did eat, she should be in a bit better shape now.

I wonder how human Raki will be after all this? The scale goes human>MIB>human-yoma hybrid>Awakened>Yoma. I think I'll put him between MIB and Claymores. In a related issue, the higher up MIBs are jerks who love to repeat their mistakes.
Old 2009-10-03, 00:00   Link #312
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
Alright, I'm going to quash this rumor before it even gets started (assuming it's not already too late). There are too many misconceptions already running around this forum; this is getting out of hand.

Assuming that the translation is accurate (and, since it's a Jap->Chi->Eng translation, that's iffy), the MIB in question never actually refers to Raki as a discarded experiment. He's speaking in generalities here.

Remember, Raphaela herself is a discarded experiment. And, what is Raki infected with a piece of? Further, there's no indication of recognition of Raki's identity on the MIB's part - without which the "Raki is a discarded experiment" theory makes no sense whatsoever.

Read carefully and allow for possible errors in translation before jumping to wild conclusions.

As for why Raki is able to resist the infection, well, at this point that's anyone's guess.
There are lots of failed experiments to choose from. My guess (I have not seen the japanese raw yet) is thinking more along the lines of male claymores. If Raki survives (sad, I know...) and becomes a male Claymore, then a happily ever after ending with Clare can happen - otherwise in about 40 years, he'll look like a cradle robber. We still don't know how Claymores are made exactly, and this would be a pretty good excuse to show us.
Old 2009-10-03, 00:22   Link #313
mosmos
Awakend Of Course

Yeah... just read the chapter.... Cynthia and Yuma in deep shit
Old 2009-10-03, 00:25   Link #314
Dark Mage

Quote:

I'm just annoyed and/or worried that Raki has a great purpose, that he's suddenly a piece in the Org's grand design. I wanted him to remain what he was; just an ordinary boy swept in the events that have taken place so far, and him growing up and finding his way through them. When I read how the Org wondered how he survived the attack and hope it's not something "boring" like spritual strength, I want the answer to that question to be Yes.

All this is just personal, but that's how I want it, or rather, how I wanted it: that their was nothing special about Raki, that his scent was just part of him growing in the South like Priscilla and their was never anything inheritly unique about him(except his empathy). I didn't think their was anything wrong with liking and/or wanting a character like that, especially since every other character has some sort of power of some sorts. Apparently, I was wrong.

Well, I understand she isn't god-like or can predict the future, and I'm sure she tried the best she could, but I'm still annoyed how this could happen. Out of all the people Raki could be with, he's in the best hands imaginable; the idea of Priscilla failing to protect him just never crossed my mind. Even worse, once again, Yagi skips showing us what actually happened and just shows us the aftermath just to tease us -_-.
My thoughts on this matter is exactly the same as yours, the author is now changing Raki, in a way that changes everything that he stood for in this manga, that is, sympathise with the Claymores whom everyone rejects, fight for the girl that he loved and saved him from being eaten, or remind a girl that she once lived and was happy in the South before being turned into a Claymore. All that, is what Raki stood for, the only man in a world of monsters. As for powering him up, we already have alot of super-powered people in the manga, what difference would another one make? His main reason for becoming stronger was to help Clare, and he could have easily accomplished that task by being Clare's support by utilising the skills he learnt from Isley and by being aroung Priscilla, nobody was expecting Raki to be strong enough to kill Awakened Beings, I would much rather see a Raki that would fight for the sake of one he loves even though there's no chance of winning, like when he had a duel with Ophelia while Clare was reattaching her limbs, than a Raki, who is powerful to kill everything in his path but no longer unable to become emotional or feel the emotions that was normal for him.

And I am also, equally surprised as you that Priscilla would be unable to protect Raki, the thought just never crossed my mind, yes, I did think that Priscilla will reach her limit and turn on Raki, but I never thought that she would be unable to protect him from monsters and not be near him, when he was being infected or carried away by the cursed ORG. These are all just personal views so please go easy on me
Old 2009-10-03, 00:34   Link #315
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
I find it kind of funny that people think that Raki has been experimented on. It is just not very plausible. When was Raki Experimented on? How long did it take? Why? The only why someone speculated so far was to get Clare to go to the North. That's Rubel's doing. The Org was very interested in Clare to see if the failed experiment bore fruit after Ophelia as an Awakened being was slaughtered and Clare was a suspect. There just is no reason for the org to experiment on Raki. And what did they do if they did? :P The Scruffy girl had recent memories of Raki when Clare came through that town, meaning that she probably missed him by a few weeks, and then he was shipped off to the North. Also Rubel implied that it was Slave Traders who got their hands on Raki. So I am supposed to believe that the org did an experiment on Raki and then sold him to Slave Traders, who took him to a slave cell in the North. why?

The failed experiment is most likely Raciella, considering that they are in awe of her, but it could also be as Cyclone has mentioned male Claymores, but then again, Raki is not a Male Claymore, this isn't exactly 1/2 human, 1/2 yoma nor is it 1/2 human, 1/2 awakened being. This is something new.

Why are people so surprised that Prissy couldn't protect Raki. What part of the cat girls exploding into infections spears upon their death is hard to conceptualize? How is Prissy supposed to block every miniature spear?
Old 2009-10-03, 00:38   Link #316
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
My thoughts on this matter is exactly the same as yours, the author is now changing Raki, in a way that changes everything that he stood for in this manga, that is, sympathise with the Claymores whom everyone rejects, fight for the girl that he loved and saved him from being eaten, or remind a girl that she once lived and was happy in the South before being turned into a Claymore. All that, is what Raki stood for, the only man in a world of monsters.
2 things I would say.

First, we do not know if he is getting a power up. For all we know as soon as Racialla dies, so too do the parasites. We do not know whether the Mibs will make him into something, or cut him to pieces for material.

Secondly, Raki was the guy who accepted Claymores, and stood as a normal guy among a world of Monsters. Now he is paying the consequence for that decision.
Old 2009-10-03, 00:46   Link #317
Stream
Radical Dreamer

Discarded experiment

This is getting a tad annoying soo...

The discarded experiment is in fact Raciella.

Are we clear on this now? I mean sure, theorize as much as you want, but this is the obvious reference from what I saw.
Old 2009-10-03, 00:48   Link #318
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
There we go again with the Raki-hating...
Yes he was immature at the beginning. He was a child remember? A normal, naive child who got thrown out into the world of the Claymores, one which is far more cruel than even the one humans know there. This does not change the fact that he was willing to die for Clare on two occasions, and even after 7 years, he has not forgotten her.
I've explained why Raki annoys me to JB several times before. but basically he is a very annoying character, some think the Jar Jar Binks of Claymore. Part of his annoying personality comes from him crying all the time, and part of the reason I dislike it is where I grew up at you would get your ass kicked if you are a guy who cries like he does. It is something that has been ingrained into me and I can't respect guys like that, and it really annoys me. Then there are the stupid decisions that Raki makes, like trying to stop Clare from killing her friend, when if she would let her live the friend would end up killing many innocent people. That is just one example of many; I already went through with this with JB one time. I was willing to give Raki a chance post time skip but then he comes back as the dumb warrior type which I can't respect either.

Quote:
You do realise you've just given him a blank check to be with about any other girl in the series right?
I'm fine with that, as long as it is not Clare. He's not intelligent enough for Galatea and Miria. I don't see him clicking with either Helen or Deneve. So yeah, he can get matched up with Clarice. or Yuma. Actually, I like the Idea of Raki x Priscilla the best.
Old 2009-10-03, 00:56   Link #319
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
I find it kind of funny that people think that Raki has been experimented on. It is just not very plausible. When was Raki Experimented on? How long did it take? Why? The only why someone speculated so far was to get Clare to go to the North. That's Rubel's doing. The Org was very interested in Clare to see if the failed experiment bore fruit after Ophelia as an Awakened being was slaughtered and Clare was a suspect. There just is no reason for the org to experiment on Raki. And what did they do if they did? :P The Scruffy girl had recent memories of Raki when Clare came through that town, meaning that she probably missed him by a few weeks, and then he was shipped off to the North. Also Rubel implied that it was Slave Traders who got their hands on Raki. So I am supposed to believe that the org did an experiment on Raki and then sold him to Slave Traders, who took him to a slave cell in the North. why?

?
I guess you misunderstood. I wasn't actually talking about it the fact that Raki is an existing failed experiment, what I meant, and was referring to, was, Raki is still a human and he is being carted off to the ORG, meaning, he might, become a test subject for experiment that will lead him to change and not that he was already a discarded product of some failed experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
2 things I would say.
Secondly, Raki was the guy who accepted Claymores, and stood as a normal guy among a world of Monsters. Now he is paying the consequence for that decision.
You got that right! Raki should have stayed the hell away from those Silver-Eyed Witches no matter how drop-dead gorgeous they looked (thinks of Galatea before she lost her eyes)
Old 2009-10-03, 00:57   Link #320
zato_1one

I'm still not 100% sure that Raki will be turned to male Claymore. They may keep his arm as a precious research material and use them with their guinea pigs. Their policy is still creating female Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaeiz View Post
i know yagi has a lot of surprises up his sleeve but I don't really like the way he always skip things in between chapters. Like I do not know what the hell happened to Prissy. Did she help Raki dodged that pole thing before? How could she missed it this time unless if she could not sustain enough Yoki to keep up with the poles shooting at them, or if she fled from the scene. I've no freaking idea how this whole thing could happen.
My thought exactly, I also don't prefer the skip in this chapter.