AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-01, 23:40   Link #241
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traun View Post
Hmm...I don't know if you realize it, but this chapter gave answers to many important questions. Now lets look at things character by character.
Now here's the Traun I remember. As much as I disagreed with you, at times... I love the fact that you always had a unique perspective and rarely repeated yourself. In short, you do your own thinking and if people don't like it you don't care. It kept me on my toes all ways reexamining the characters/plot.

Quote:
Clare: Now for a long time we were left to ponder which is more important to her - Raki or Priscilla, which can be seen as love vs hate. In chapter 100 she finally choses...and the choice is not the one the fans expected. Clare is a good hearted, kind girl, but she has suffered a lot, she became a monster, she trained for years, she suffered extreme humiliation (number 47), she went even as far as exile ( 7 years in a cave) for this moment only. I believe that we were a little naive to think this will end with a handshake. When it comes down to it, she is out for blood and it was nice of the author to remind us this.
Good point. I was also shocked that Clare only wanted to say goodbye. As much as I hate this comparison it was like Teresa leaving Clare in the mountain village... well a desire to. I'm sure she also wanted to confirm with her own eyes that he was safe but that wasn't mention this chapter... more inferred based upon her reaction to Cid saying he was there a year ago.

To me that choice says Clare desperately needs closure on Teresa's death. To the point she's even willing to become what she hates most in this world. It part really made me feel her emotional distress. Poor girl, she's really trapped in the past and is making the wrong choice to get out. As bad as this sounds... I want her to cry out in anguish for days on end... so she can take the health way out. She's bottled up too much emotions inside. For her sake I hope Teresa doesn't come back and Raki be a long time in her future. So she can move on past Teresa and once she dealt with Teresa's loss in a healthy way, then go after Raki (If Teresa is planned to come back it (as so many suggest) should be after Clare has put her behind her. Not now though... it's the easy way out of her turmoil.)

Thanks for bringing that up. I had thought about that for a bit but lost may train of thought in all the debating here earlier today.

Quote:
About Teresa...ugh...The problem with Teresa is that she isn't a developed character. She was the strongest warrior, who decided to live a simple life. There is nothing else to her, nothing, zitch...an awesome character, no doubt, but this was it. She was present in no more than a few chapters, most of which showed how awesome she was. Everything around her has been reused so many times (in one form or another) that putting her again in the spotlight is outright offensive to the storyline. Teresa is gone, let her rest in piece.
Um... agree and disagree. Disagree part first... When she first appeared she was miserable and taking her wraith out on everyone in a very passive-aggressive way. She changed, a bit, due to Clare. However she hadn't fully become a new person yet but she was on the path to changing. So she was a dynamic character who developed in the time we knew her, likely a few weeks, maybe more, maybe less. Plus we saw her as a kid later and was a younger warrior... so we have seen multiple parts of her life.

Now the part I agree with. She was clearly the strongest Claymore who ever lived. Her character has like peeked in what Yagi can do with her... She even now steals the spot light from other cast member. So she should stay dead.

Random thought on my part: Now I'm the type of person who's mind can go all over the place if I let it. Here as some thoughts I had on her coming back that would let her become a beneficial addition to the story (not necessarily a great addition though, I'm sure I'm about to hear a lot of "That must have sounded better in your head" comments ) and not a drag who just beats every enemy and ends the story. I know some aren't as good as others but whatever, I'm mainly bring this up since many believe Teresa is the one who pulled Clare into Raphaela. While I don't like the idea... the logic is sound based on what we know... so I tried to consider what on Earth could Yagi be thinking. No idea stands alone they can be mixed or not.
  • She comes back... years later and is now clearly far weaker then at least 6-12 antagonists and 3 protagonists. Therefore not really adding to the protagonists power. Now she has to deal with no longer being special and strong. Hopefully Clare has moved a bit on since then and her returning makes Clare guilty for moving on.
  • Teresa returns only to find Clare working with Priscilla (and maybe Raki too) and others she views as bad company. Teresa feels betrayed and leaves. Clare has to choose one group over the other.
  • She comes back... but has been trapped in a hellish nightmare all this time and comes out a very different character (be it broken, fearful/doubtful of everything, insane, with an awakened mind, or just views Clare as the one who put her though that hell)
  • When she returns... she only gets half her power and Clare the other half and both are permanently soul linked (this idea must be tied into one of the other ideas, to be really effective)... the benefit would be that if the, for lack of a better word, ghosts ever split up it's strategically important for Clare to be in one party and Teresa in the other, so they can keep in touch in real time. Thus splitting them up often. In short they are the only two radios on the battle field. The effects of there link is even more useful when outside the range of Galatea's god eye. Both Teresa and Clare hate the fact that they must be split up but try to accept it.
  • She returns but Clare keeps the most of the power... Teresa has to train. In short, Teresa let Clare tap into her powers and since Clare "barrows" stuff she ended up keeping them.
  • The main land war comes to the island and/or they go to the war on the main land. So even though she's super strong she's just overwhelmed... plus new weapons/creatures cancel out the benefits of her power
  • Teresa being in Clare's subconscious for so long changed Teresa... she now has gained many of Clare's darker issues. Thus making Clare needing to help her

Quote:
And now we reach Priscilla. Now I didn't saw anyone mention this, but she is a giant plothole. Now before I get lynched for suggesting that Yagi may make mistakes let me explain.

1. She meets a boy with a familiar scent.
2. She decides to live with the boy, defending him from all harm that may come to him.
3. In the end she spend years travelling with this boy fallowing his fading scent in hope to find who she is.
4. She finally smells that specific scent that led her to protect a small and defenseless boy for years AND GOES BERSERK KILLING ALL WHO STAND IN HER WAY, ANNIHILATION, SLAUGHTER, SHE MOCKS THE PATHETIC BODY THAT GIVES THAT SCENT!!!!1!!!1!!1!1!!!!
Can someone explain this to me, seriously?

Not only this but, she seems to have some grand-master plan, something that came completely out of the blue, considering the fact that she was barely conscious up to this point, with no indication (in fact the reverse was strongly implied) that she could do something like that.
Was it Clare's scent that caused her to eat again? I see no where in the manga that says/implies that. We've gotten no explanation yet.. other then she was getting real hungry and could start eating again at the drop of a hat. The HellCats are a big hat. I'm more concerned as to why she left him... was it to to try to find a way to help him, because the scent went away when he was hit, because Raki couldn't forgive her for feeding again (likely partially because he couldn't stop it), or because she was too sad that she couldn't help him and ran away to avoid the pain... then choosing to track the source.

Her master plan to me seems to be find the source of the smell. Not sure if she's just doing it for her benefit or Raki's too... thinking it might help.

Quote:
Now about the ending of the battle. Judging by Clare's facial expression at the end of the chapter, there are two possible scenarios.

A) Priscilla ripped her limbs, with her FTL speed.
B) Some memory of Raphaela has awaken.
or C) her own body rejected her awakening... thus leading to Priscilla's comment that she couldn't awaken.

Quote:
And we reach Raki...now those who know me, know that I am a big fan of his. Now firstly everyone expected him to be there for this battle. Everyone was betting that he will be there and he will have the final word...that didn't happened. Raki is...for all intense and purposes...out of the board for now.

Therefore this is a great example to look at where he is at the moment. Now to begin with, Raki is a peculiar character in the manga world, he juggles between minor and major character like no other. And probably he is the unluckiest character in Claymore. So let's take a look at him for now.

1. His family was killed by yoma.
2. He was kicked out of his village.
3. He lived a life filled with horror, facing monsters (yoma, Awaken, Ophelia) in front of which most people will kill themselves, not to mention freeze in terror.
4. He lost the person most important to him (Clare).
5. He lived amongst his enemies, breeding humanity in some and showing that HE can trust them.
6. One of his friends ( Isley ) dies.
7. His old village is slaughtered in front of his eyes.
8. His only friend and companion leaves him.

As far as luck goes, living just to experience more suffering is something most people will not prefer. But here comes the most interesting part about him. For all of the suffering he enduring, he always came back on his feet, not full of rage or hate, not hungry for blood, but with a bright smile and a "everything will turn out for the better." attitude. This powerless man, which was constantly dragged into the battle of demigods always came back on his two feet and kept walking.

Why am I talking about Raki now? Because as I said this was the moment everyone expected him to live for (this chapter), we believe that he is made for this scene only and we were wrong. Therefore we must reassess him.
Now some say that Raki is a symbol of humanity, I do not believe it. The battle between monster and man has always been depicted as an internal struggle in claymores, Raki is something else, Raki is hope.

Now Raki will be changed forever, whatever the Org. does, he will be human no more, but I sincerely hope that his personality does not change.

Now I talked about the protagonist, the antagonist and the character-that-should-have-been-there and my take on the last moments of the battle, so let me address something that I said the last time - time skip.

Now this is not based on fact or something said in the manga, and is pure speculation, but...
Raki is probably the thing the Organization has looked for and when they examine him they WILL leave, especially considering the damage caused by the Destroyer. The only support I have is that we know of Mainland. If we know that it is there, then we will have an arch about it (as we have a Raciella arc right now and anti-org. arc, which deviate from the original one), the question is how will we get there. And I believe that it will take some time for Clare to organize herself into going to the next continent, that is pretty much it.
As usual, you bring up a forgotten point... or one being ignored. Good job.

Your right, many many people called that Raki would save the day here. We need to reexamine his character. However I need time to think on this... looking forward to continuing this discussion in the upcoming days. Though I think we should move it to the Raki thread.
Old 2010-02-02, 00:08   Link #242
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I don't think Rafaela "froze" Claire in the sense that she is unable to awaken past a certain limit. It's certainly a twist...but it goes too far.

Aside from trying to figure out how she did it and has so much influence, it prevents Claire from defending herself in a situation where she simply needs to power up.

Did Rafaela then know that the only reason that Claire would go past a certain limit was if she was fighting Priscilla? and then put a "lock" on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus
was it to to try to find a way to help him, because the scent went away when he was hit, because Raki couldn't forgive her for feeding again (likely partially because he couldn't stop it), or because she was too sad that she couldn't help him and ran away to avoid the pain... then choosing to track the source.
A bigger question is figuring out if Raki really is the focus of why she is doing what she is doing, or does she have her own agenda? Both?

It looks like both, because here she has an opportunity to help with her own healing, as well as meeting a girl who can help Raki.

My belief however, regardless of how everything went down in the town is this: Priscilla "changed" into how she is now, after Raki was struck. She attempted to defend him, could not, and transformed afterwards.

Priscilla ate the townsfolk which means she already changed into her current state at the town, which means Raki probably saw what she was doing. It's still unknown whether or not she is following Raki's wishes or not(perhaps he told her to flee), but whatever it is, she is doing what she is doing by her own methods, whether they are what Raki wants, what she wants, or a mixture.
Old 2010-02-02, 00:57   Link #243
Cyclone
Transient Guest

2 Random thoughts...

1) Most people here seem to think that Clare was pulled back by someone or something from her Pieta form. What if we're looking at this all wrong. What if a half awakening is akin to something like a vaccine? A vaccine is, in essence, a mild dose of a virus that lets you build up resistance to the real deal.

What if Clare really cannot awaken? The multiple half awakenings basically making her immune from ever fully awakening. This would explain the "half-awakened" power up at least - Clare and the gang are using AB level powers, but just not turning into a monster as a result. It'd be an interesting side effect if they cannnot awaken anymore.

2) I have theorized for a long time that the stigma a Claymore has is actually a fragment of the head of a youma implanted in their torso (It's why Clare, who saw it, took Teresa's head with her instead of lobbing off a finger or something). Thus, if we assume this, we have Teresa's head on Clare's stomach (if the half awakening did not make it all disappear permanently). I know the following suggestion is way beneath Yagi dignity, but Clare losing some clothes in this battle could expose Teresa's head to Priscilla (again, strictly hypothetical, since Yagi has an obvious aversion to female nudity). If that doesn't bring back Priscilla's memories, nothing will. Furthermore, it seems like the ideal way/time to actually get confirmation on what the stigma is.
*gets popcorn* "Rip off her shirt!" "Roll around in the mud!" *whistle*
Old 2010-02-02, 01:12   Link #244
Gooral
Banned

The first idea is very interesting and plausible although because of Alicia and Beth I'm leaning towards "doubtful". Alicia was gradually increasing her strength and speed so it's very possible she was partially awakening plus she was going back and forth from awakened form and somehow could awaken every time.
The second idea is insane but I guess possible also (although I hope it's not true ).

As for partial awakening - someone might argue that she couldn't partially awaken because MiB don't know about it but we can't be sure about that and if it was made under soul-link the organization might still think it's impossible for other claymores.
Old 2010-02-02, 01:32   Link #245
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

When she did it in the north, it wasn't "I'll awaken like this", it was "I must be faster, faster..". So maybe there's a mental aspect to awakening. Rigaldo did say it was an unnatural awakening...well, before he got chopped to bits.

It could be her mind telling her body that the form wasn't compatible anymore, or perhaps she really wasn't ready to fully awaken despite her desire for revenge at any cost. Sort of like people who put up a brave front but are actually terrified inside.
Old 2010-02-02, 01:40   Link #246
Aimless
Insufficiently Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
1) Most people here seem to think that Clare was pulled back by someone or something from her Pieta form. What if we're looking at this all wrong. What if a half awakening is akin to something like a vaccine? A vaccine is, in essence, a mild dose of a virus that lets you build up resistance to the real deal.

What if Clare really cannot awaken? The multiple half awakenings basically making her immune from ever fully awakening. This would explain the "half-awakened" power up at least - Clare and the gang are using AB level powers, but just not turning into a monster as a result. It'd be an interesting side effect if they cannnot awaken anymore.
I halfway agree with this, but I think what happened here may be specific to Clare, and her personality.

Awakening, as far as we know, is basically the process of letting the beast inside take over. Now, normally, this would happen automatically once a warrior crossed their limit, because that's the point where the beast inside becomes too strong and takes over of its own volition.

For the half-awakeneds (and Clare in particular, who has crossed her limit far more than the others), they can keep the beast chained even beyond this point. Which means that for Clare to awaken, she has to not only fully release her youki, but I suspect must also conciously abdicate control in favor of the beast; she's grown too good at keeping it in check otherwise.

Hence, the dilemma. Clare, as we all know, is rather strong-willed, and has control issues. I doubt any of us here could imagine her actually surrendering on anything. The analogy I'm thinking of here is Nynaeve's block in the early WoT volumes.

So, Clare brings herself to the cusp, but she just can't let go.
Old 2010-02-02, 01:51   Link #247
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post

Um... agree and disagree. Disagree part first... When she first appeared she was miserable and taking her wraith out on everyone in a very passive-aggressive way. She changed, a bit, due to Clare. However she hadn't fully become a new person yet but she was on the path to changing. So she was a dynamic character who developed in the time we knew her, likely a few weeks, maybe more, maybe less. Plus we saw her as a kid later and was a younger warrior... so we have seen multiple parts of her life.
Wrong wording from my part. What I wanted to say was the she wasn't developed to be used so frequently, or to such extend. She fulfilled her purpose as a character ( to die in the hands of Pris. and give as much ), but is currently just being pushed more than her character allows in the picture.

Also on your ideas about returning Teresa. Now they pretty much show why she mustn't return, you just can't do anything but forced drama with her. And seriously, imagine this:

Clare: T-T--T-Teresa?
Teresa: Oh, hi Clare, how's it goin'?
Clare: But you...*gulp*...you died!
Teresa: Ah, you're talkin' 'bout the decapitation thingy, well you see I was powerful enough not to die from it, but let me tell you, groin' another head was a pain in the a**.
Clare: Are you serious!? I lost my human nature, ruined my future and spent years in rage because of it!
Teresa: Now take it easy girlfriend...
Clare: Easy...EASY...EASY!?

Quote:
Was it Clare's scent that caused her to eat again? I see no where in the manga that says/implies that. We've gotten no explanation yet..
It is implied that the scent was the reason why she acted in Chapter 98.

Quote:
C) her own body rejected her awakening... thus leading to Priscilla's comment that she couldn't awaken.
While this explanation seems interesting there is nothing so far implying that a Claymore body would function this way, in fact the body seems to be fine with awakening.

Quote:
Though I think we should move it to the Raki thread.
Yes...Discussions about Raki belong in the Raki thread, I was just pointing out how wrong we all were about this chapter.

To everyone else theorizing about how things went in the village between Raki and Priss - Chapter 99, page 11; Priscilla "The villagers just weren't enough for me", Page 12-13 "They weren't very tasty.". Also Raki looked...angry when they found him, so I guess this put a little strain on their relationship.
Old 2010-02-02, 01:56   Link #248
Cheese Ninja

On that 2nd to last page, when all the blood shoots out of Clare's back, it doesn't even seem like Priscilla did that. Does anyone else think that was just a result of Clare's body being forced out of that awakened state and back into human form? As to why that happened, whether because of Clare's body, Clare's mind, Rafaela's soul, or Theresa's soul, I'm undecided.

And if Priscilla is interested in Clare's scent, why didn't she move on it back in Pieta, when it just a few miles away? Maybe the interest didn't come about until she achieved a bit a sanity?
Old 2010-02-02, 02:11   Link #249
dream-seeker
soar high

Send a message via Yahoo to dream-seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Ninja View Post
And if Priscilla is interested in Clare's scent, why didn't she move on it back in Pieta, when it just a few miles away? Maybe the interest didn't come about until she achieved a bit a sanity?
I suspect that when Clare was inside Raf/Luci's mind link, she was supposed to be sucked inside the destroyer's body forever. But she established her own individual and her memories then emerge from that giant awakened being. Clare's yoki or maybe this thing Priscilla called "scent" was mixed with the destroyer's body. And when the rods was shot to where Raki and Prissy was. Priscilla knew the scent she was looking for was nearby.
Old 2010-02-02, 02:15   Link #250
SagaraSouske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
2 Random thoughts...

2) I have theorized for a long time that the stigma a Claymore has is actually a fragment of the head of a youma implanted in their torso (It's why Clare, who saw it, took Teresa's head with her instead of lobbing off a finger or something). Thus, if we assume this, we have Teresa's head on Clare's stomach (if the half awakening did not make it all disappear permanently). I know the following suggestion is way beneath Yagi dignity, but Clare losing some clothes in this battle could expose Teresa's head to Priscilla (again, strictly hypothetical, since Yagi has an obvious aversion to female nudity). If that doesn't bring back Priscilla's memories, nothing will. Furthermore, it seems like the ideal way/time to actually get confirmation on what the stigma is.
*gets popcorn* "Rip off her shirt!" "Roll around in the mud!" *whistle*
On point number one, Clare was pulled back from QOB 4 limb awakening and not full awakening. While the theory makes some sense by itself, in this context it doesn't since Clare should be able to maintain QOB form other wise without fully awaken.

On point number two, I think Clare took Teresa's head simply because it is far easier to carry her head then her body. It also stems from her desire of keeping the more important portion of Teresa with her and head is the logical choice over the chopped off hands.

Even through the smell's origin being from Teresa is the most probable conclusion, there are some questions still:
How did that smell linger on Raki so long?
How did Priscilla detect the source of the small (Clare) and move towards her?
They were kinda of close but not so close that she can smell Clare's scent.

I will prob go along with Solace on that there is something odd about Teresa/Teresa's flesh and a major revelation concerning that may be coming soon.

One possible theory is that both Teresa and Priscilla were hybridized from the same source. There is some link between the source flesh in Teresa and Priscilla.
Old 2010-02-02, 04:41   Link #251
MalakTawus

I have a new theory.
Maybe the big mistake that Claire is doing is thinking that to beat Priscilla she has to awaken and give up her human side.
What i mean is that when normal Claymore awaken they "fuse" with their yoma part,so when Claire awakens like this she only fuse with her yoma part too,so maybe to fuse with her "Teresa-part" she has to do a different kind of awakening,one that refuses to give up on her human side (and probably this awakening will have a normal-human look).
So to prevent Claire to make this fatal mistake Raph (or Teresa herself) stopped Claire's awakening since it was going to "the wrong direction".
I don't know if i explained my theory very well........
Old 2010-02-02, 04:52   Link #252
Jasperboo
Care factor = 0

The translation for the last side text i was reading says this

"Side text: Just like when she crushed Rigardo back at Pieta, Claire is trying to completely awaken her limbs. But an unexpected accident occurs...!"

Her queen of blades form seems to be slicing Pris up then it looks like her body reverse awakens violently.

The last words for Pris from this translation says

"-Weren't...
-You not supposed to be able to awaken?"

It sounds like she has some knowledge of Clare being unable to awaken?

Also the scent could be that of the child Clare, the last person to see Pris before she awakened.
Old 2010-02-02, 07:06   Link #253
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

after seeing clare suddenly return to her human for at last page....I had a feeling galatea is nearby...since she can supress her yoki....maybe she pulled clare back like in witches maw arc...but that was only a hunch....maybe its got to do with rafaela somehow....
Old 2010-02-02, 07:11   Link #254
Dark Mage

I didnt think Clare would be so cold to say that she was only looking for Raki to say good-bye to him. I refuse to believe that as she has been looking for him for years and if she believed that Raki will listen to her like a good boy and not follow her, she was being naive. Regardless, Clare chose revenge over love. I only hope she doesnt regret it later when she sees a changed Raki
Old 2010-02-02, 09:30   Link #255
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

hmm curioser and curioser?

haha finally got to read it and i gotta say it was certainly interesting. Maybe it turns out that Clare can't awaken, which certainly throws a spanner in the works.

Or it could be that Clare's 'accident' is something intentional. The problem being who fiddled with Clare to make her not be able to awaken and how/if that's even possible. Was it Teresa's consicousness, Rafeala, Ilena, a nearby Galatea or Tabitha etc...

I got a screwball theory that would explain why Clare can't do it... Clarice, yes that right, the org unwittingly built a soul link partner for Clare who is now at the receiving end of a ton of released yoki and is probably wondering why. This is the reason we haven't seen Clarice/Galatea/Tabitha/Miria/Miata because it would give the game away, as they have indepth conversations about Clarice suddenly acting strange.

I'm not sure how a soul link works, but maybe they can't awaken unless both partners 'will' it. It was certainly shown that it was more than a one way form of puppet control. Maybe Clarice will be able to use yoki now Clare's not suppressed?

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2010-02-02, 09:31   Link #256
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Franky Houses translation is out, but not the scanlation yet.

Basically the same as Weis, nothing new....though the translator must have never read a single chapter, because she translates Raki as "Lucky"
Old 2010-02-02, 10:45   Link #257
Arturro

@Sleepy - I like the idea of Clarice being Clares partner in soul link. But it'll make Clare as vulnerable as Alice - and I always thought Clare is (or rather would be) the perfect weapon Org is trying to create.

@Shiek - Because, most probably, this is correct translation of his name. If we will see Rubel as Louvre etc. it will means FH decides to use correct names instead of those proposed by Viz.

Old 2010-02-02, 11:11   Link #258
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
And now we reach Priscilla. Now I didn't saw anyone mention this, but she is a giant plothole. Now before I get lynched for suggesting that Yagi may make mistakes let me explain.

1. She meets a boy with a familiar scent.
2. She decides to live with the boy, defending him from all harm that may come to him.
3. In the end she spend years travelling with this boy fallowing his fading scent in hope to find who she is.
4. She finally smells that specific scent that led her to protect a small and defenseless boy for years AND GOES BERSERK KILLING ALL WHO STAND IN HER WAY, ANNIHILATION, SLAUGHTER, SHE MOCKS THE PATHETIC BODY THAT GIVES THAT SCENT!!!!1!!!1!!1!1!!!!
Can someone explain this to me, seriously?

Not only this but, she seems to have some grand-master plan, something that came completely out of the blue, considering the fact that she was barely conscious up to this point, with no indication (in fact the reverse was strongly implied) that she could do something like that.
Now as a bit of a writer who constantly looks for plot holes and how to fix them, I must say you are quite quick to proclaim plot hole when there are plenty of paths Yagi can take that will make sense. The obvious you are neglecting is that there are two priscillas, and that priscilla herself had mentioned prior that the scent had helped her regain her humanity and that the Priscilla we see now is completely devoid of humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace
Wow you know...this never occurred to me. What a nightmare scenario, imagine hundreds of Claymore infected by the parasites, all because Raki brought it to them like a carrier for the plague. Not to mention the other experiments like the Abyss Feeders and god knows what else they are working on...
That makes me imagine an even worse nightmarish scenario, imagine hundreds of Claymores infected by parasites, all because Raki brought them there, and all of them are turning to Rakis. oh the apocalypse! It makes one wish the world would end instead...

@Sleepy: Ah you too much into theories about Clarice. I hope you are wrong.
@Shieky: Lucky can be a proper translation of Raki I believe. Japanese has this strange thing where they have a sound that is between an L and an R, and it drives me crazy trying to figure out how an L and a R are similar sounding, but anything you see translated to english with an R or an L can be reversed. Sometimes in the same anime you hear one person say R and the other say L XD

About clare, I think the mistake some people are making is thinking she was just going for the partial awakening. I think she can partially awaken still. But it is like everyone is forgetting what she told Helen and Deneve about giving up her humanity. I think after partially awakening, Clare was about to fully awaken and then the accident.

Last edited by Gangsta Spanksta; 2010-02-02 at 11:31.
Old 2010-02-02, 12:22   Link #259
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
When she did it in the north, it wasn't "I'll awaken like this", it was "I must be faster, faster..". So maybe there's a mental aspect to awakening. Rigaldo did say it was an unnatural awakening...well, before he got chopped to bits.

It could be her mind telling her body that the form wasn't compatible anymore, or perhaps she really wasn't ready to fully awaken despite her desire for revenge at any cost. Sort of like people who put up a brave front but are actually terrified inside.
Or she was simply not pushed enough by priscilla? But i doubt that because everything worked well and she was already in her Queen_of_Blades mode.
Old 2010-02-02, 12:30   Link #260
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
I have a new theory.
Maybe the big mistake that Claire is doing is thinking that to beat Priscilla she has to awaken and give up her human side.
What i mean is that when normal Claymore awaken they "fuse" with their yoma part,so when Claire awakens like this she only fuse with her yoma part too,so maybe to fuse with her "Teresa-part" she has to do a different kind of awakening,one that refuses to give up on her human side (and probably this awakening will have a normal-human look).
So to prevent Claire to make this fatal mistake Raph (or Teresa herself) stopped Claire's awakening since it was going to "the wrong direction".
I don't know if i explained my theory very well........
It is the same i hope the manga will end. With an earthshaking awakening of a being made from clare and theresa which saves the humans from their own experiments and ends the war. Perhaps Raphaella simply stopped her because the memories of rafaella forced claire to instinctively do what s rafaella has learnd: Suppress someone else's yoki. It could be a fail save mechanism build in by rafaella but it could also simply pure instinct.