AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 72 67.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 17.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 5.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-19, 20:25   Link #141
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
But Index does over do it, all the bittings start to get more annoying than funny =/
Index is tsundere, she has as much tsun as she is dere. It's just that people tend to remember negative things better- it's a common human trait.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 21:01   Link #142
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Because of
Spoiler for Vento's Power:
right? Does that move have an unlimited range?
The range depends on the users will

Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-19, 21:20   Link #143
bizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Index is tsundere, she has as much tsun as she is dere. It's just that people tend to remember negative things better- it's a common human trait.
More precisely, they remember different and/or controversial aspects better.
Each time she appears on screen she's ready for some biting or other mean words. Index shouldn't be seen behaving like that 90% of the time (the ED strengthens this controversial aspect).
I know that she's got a good side, but it's less and less shown.
Btw, when she's happy (well, normal ), I think it rarely has a link with Touma (again, I'm talking about the anime only).
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 21:30   Link #144
Cheese Ninja

Is it just me, or shouldn't Kihara's anti-Accelerator martial art be impossible?

If you consider that Accelerator can easily deal with point blank explosions, which would have vectors of physical force coming from all different angles, including away from his body as they get deflected by the vectors he's already bounced back, Kihara's whole "I pull back right before I hit you" doesn't make any sense. And if he's already moving away from Accelerator when Kihara actually touches him, that doesn't make sense either, since if he's moving away from him, he wouldn't be touching him in the first place.
Cheese Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 21:46   Link #145
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzi View Post
Each time she appears on screen she's ready for some biting or other mean words. Index shouldn't be seen behaving like that 90% of the time (the ED strengthens this controversial aspect).
Btw, when she's happy (well, normal ), I think it rarely has a link with Touma (again, I'm talking about the anime only).

...Which again proves my point that people only remember the bad stuff, that's way it seem that there are more of those scenes where the truth is Index normal stance has been very nice with Touma. I don't see anyone commenting how happy she looked last episode when she finally found Touma, I didn't see anyone commenting how worried she was when Touma woke up in the Italian hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Ninja View Post
Is it just me, or shouldn't Kihara's anti-Accelerator martial art be impossible?

If you consider that Accelerator can easily deal with point blank explosions, which would have vectors of physical force coming from all different angles, including away from his body as they get deflected by the vectors he's already bounced back, Kihara's whole "I pull back right before I hit you" doesn't make any sense. And if he's already moving away from Accelerator when Kihara actually touches him, that doesn't make sense either, since if he's moving away from him, he wouldn't be touching him in the first place.
There's a thin layer of AIM field surrounding Accelerator, Kihara stop in that field just before touching him, and yes it would imply that Kihara's reaction is faster than bullets and explosions.

Here's a gif to explain.

Old 2011-02-19, 21:49   Link #146
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It's amazing from that gif how the "science" of Academy works....
Old 2011-02-19, 21:50   Link #147
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzi View Post
What?
Forgot the very first episode of this season? the trip on Italy before shit happens?
The ED shows how their life is each day when there aren't magicians trying to destroy the city with a cross, a fleet, etc.

Its the other characters who get in their way; Touma goes negative (with fukou da here and there) and Index getting angry at him being unlucky (with fanservice precedents and consquences).
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 22:02   Link #148
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Finally things start to get interesting. Who cares about Mikoto? Never understood why she is so popular.... not that she is a bad character or anything but I don't find her that aweasome and interesting... the only time she was really interesting was sisters arc. And even then her sisters seemed better...

But she will get her time to shine eventually, there is now way she will do nothing in this science mess. So be patient, hope she will actually deliver something exciting^^

This episode makes understand better as to why Accelerator and Last Order are so popular, I also start to like them.

I can only imagine Touma's face when he'll find out who this "kind" guy is that Index and Last Order keep talking about

So magic and science side are working together now?
No. More like they are ripping each other to shreds now.

Edit: wow....2/10 with no real solid arguments apart from general whining....
Old 2011-02-19, 22:05   Link #149
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

With all due respect, let em. It's not like we're obligated to explain our reasons for doing what we do.

Beside, these kind of things are common for any popular series.
Old 2011-02-19, 22:22   Link #150
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
If it helps, that person is banned now. Thank god.
Old 2011-02-19, 22:28   Link #151
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The range depends on the users will

Spoiler:
Actually, Divine Punishment naturally has a stupidly huge range. Vent knowingly use it despite it'll have a global effect.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 22:34   Link #152
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

At least it doesn't actually kill the affected...that'd be REALLY overpowered.
Old 2011-02-19, 22:49   Link #153
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
...Which again proves my point that people only remember the bad stuff, that's way it seem that there are more of those scenes where the truth is Index normal stance has been very nice with Touma. I don't see anyone commenting how happy she looked last episode when she finally found Touma, I didn't see anyone commenting how worried she was when Touma woke up in the Italian hospital.

There's a thin layer of AIM field surrounding Accelerator, Kihara stop in that field just before touching him, and yes it would imply that Kihara's reaction is faster than bullets and explosions.

Here's a gif to explain.

nice. I finally find a picture explanation and its in japanese
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 22:53   Link #154
Cheese Ninja

Quote:

Here's a gif to explain.
Spoiler for to save space:
That's pretty much how I imagined it.

Okay, if it's established that Kihara's reactions and the final movements of his attack are impossibly fast, I'll just consider him as a superhuman with a very specific combat skill set.

Still, it seems to me like a point-blank explosions should have had a chance to hurt Accelerator too then, if forces just inside his AIM field but not touching him will be reversed to hit him.

I guess the author just wanted to make this point:
Even though Accelerator's ability is powerful enough to shrug off pretty much any man-made weapon or force of nature, a well-enough prepared (relatively) normal non-esper can beat him up. Never mind that what the normal person is doing is physically impossible in real life.
Cheese Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 22:58   Link #155
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Ninja View Post
That's pretty much how I imagined it.

Okay, if it's established that Kihara's reactions and the final movements of his attack are impossibly fast, I'll just consider him as a superhuman with a very specific combat skill set.

Still, it seems to me like a point-blank explosions should have had a chance to hurt Accelerator too then, if forces just inside his AIM field but not touching him will be reversed to hit him.

I guess the author just wanted to make this point:
Even though Accelerator's ability is powerful enough to shrug off pretty much any man-made weapon or force of nature, a well-enough prepared (relatively) normal non-esper can beat him up. Never mind that what the normal person is doing is physically impossible in real life.
i dont think he's dealt with point blank range explosions that he hasn't made
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 23:03   Link #156
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Just to let you guys know. There is a certain someone later on who tried to mimic Kihara... but failed. This is ONLY possible for Kihara as no one else knows Accelerator's AIM good enough to make it work.

This is more than superhuman reflex, it is super human reflex AND knowing Accelerator's calculation to the last digit to know how much force should be used and when is the exact timing to pull his fist back.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 23:26   Link #157
Miraluka
Banned

Do you mean Sugoitani?
Old 2011-02-19, 23:28   Link #158
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Great episode
Accelerator actuad goes and gets band-aids for her.
Then he meets Kihara... I was a bit suprised at how easily Kihara did beat up Accelerator - who then used his last power to bring Last Order to safety.

Quote:
As I said before, the Hound Dogs have all the tactical acumen and soldiering skill of a blind, retarded, paraplegic 3 year old....A single guy, armed with a shotgun with only a very limited time for his albeit godlike powers and they cannot take him down despite being armed to the teeth and numericallly superior. Spec ops my ass...
Same here. Heck, that three year old might actually beat them
It looked like they're nothing but pathetic cannon fodder.
Old 2011-02-19, 23:29   Link #159
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Same here. Heck, that three year old might actually beat them
It looked like they're nothing but pathetic cannon fodder.
In their defence, they understimated Accelerator's limitations and were overconfident calling him a weakling and coward just because their leader knows how to deal with him.
Old 2011-02-19, 23:34   Link #160
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I notice that compared to western (read; American) shows, Animes don't really have alot of focus/experience/knowledge/advice on military or police tactics.

They're pretty straight forward; The blacker you look, the more dangerous you supposedly are.