Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-28, 00:00   Link #2221
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
^ Yea i read Dextro's post but i just wanted another opinion to confirm my suspicion on their (and i agree, obnoxious) release pattern. Thanks for doing exactly just that.

@ omimon: looks like Shaft is finally coming to understand the phrase, don't bite off more than you can chew

Also just a quick refresher, when does the DVD/BR come out again? Apparently it got pushed back again till the end of er... July was it? =/
July 28th, on the same day Nekomonogatari comes out.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 09:26   Link #2222
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Dextro (post above you) said the subs weren't that great but watchable. Personally I think the one-a-day thing is really obnoxious (like, "ha-hah, I'm going to dangle this translation over your heads and feed it to you bit by bit because I can") so I just won't download those subs.

I'm sure somebody decent will do it eventually...
Yeah I noticed that but till something else comes along it'll have to do for a quick fix...
Old 2010-06-28, 22:32   Link #2223
brocko

^ I dunno i still have to give myself time to work through eps 1-14 again Maybe hopefully a decent sub of 15 will be out perfectly in sync when i finish 14 lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 07:22   Link #2224
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

If anyone's interested...in celebration of Tanabata, you can find some Tanzaku wishes for the Bakemonogatari characters on the website today. Refreshing the page should give you a different one (hm...3 hours left of Tanabata though, so I don't know how long they'll be available...).

Spoiler for Translations:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-07-08 at 07:47.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 08:31   Link #2225
AC730

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
If anyone's interested...in celebration of Tanabata, you can find some Tanzaki wishes for the Bakemonogatari characters on the website today. Refreshing the page should give you a different one (hm...3 hours left of Tanabata though, so I don't know how long they'll be available...).

Spoiler for Translations:
Awww... Nadeko's is so cute~
LOL @ Senjougahara's... It's ironic, so is Hachikuji's.
Where's Shinobu's? I'm pretty sure she's got something.
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:43   Link #2226
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks for the translation. Nothing really surprising, expect Mayoi's, I guess. My wish is the same as Tsukuhi and Karen's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC730 View Post
Awww... Nadeko's is so cute~
LOL @ Senjougahara's... It's ironic, so is Hachikuji's.
Where's Shinobu's? I'm pretty sure she's got something.
I was also wondering about Shinobu. I refreshed the page over 30 times and I didn't see any tanzaku with her name on it, so it looks like she didn't get one. She probably would have wished for more doughnuts, or a proper pair of panties.
Old 2010-07-08, 05:25   Link #2227
AC730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Thanks for the translation. Nothing really surprising, expect Mayoi's, I guess. My wish is the same as Tsukuhi and Karen's.

I was also wondering about Shinobu. I refreshed the page over 30 times and I didn't see any tanzaku with her name on it, so it looks like she didn't get one. She probably would have wished for more doughnuts, or a proper pair of panties.
Oh, I thought she would've wished for Araragi-kun or every single heroine... like dead or something, and MAYBE! Just MAYBE! Kizumonogatari as well... LOL!

I guess Shaft know's what the fans want with Tsuhiki and Karen's wish... Then MAYBE! LOL! Yeah I want Kizumonogatari "naow"!
Old 2010-07-08, 07:35   Link #2228
brocko

Shinobu would've definitely wished for some Mister Donuts... if only a voice had been provided for her that is

I wonder what Oshino would've wished for. For psychedelic aloha shirts to come in style perhaps?

EDIT: After AC's post below, Oshino being the rather nice guy that he is, would've wished for Shinobu to be given a voice I'd like to think.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2010-07-08 at 07:56.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 07:41   Link #2229
AC730

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Shinobu would've definitely wished for some Mister Donuts... if only a voice had been provided for her that is

I wonder what Oshino would've wished for. For psychedelic aloha shirts to come in style perhaps?
Why did I never think of it? She obviously would've wished for the power of speech. I mean being all silent is just painful...
Or to eat Mister Donut's in front of Oshino when he's like hungry... LOL!
Old 2010-07-13, 06:34   Link #2230
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I found some interesting stats about Shaft productions:
Spoiler:

These are combined averaged sales. As you can tell Bake is pretty much god-like, while the others are less than superb. From this I can see that a company should be more than happy if they break the 5000 barrier.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 06:40   Link #2231
Kudryavka

What, ef only sold that many? I thought it was crazy popular, or maybe that's just the game that's popular.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 06:48   Link #2232
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

There's this series called MAG・ネット that talks about games, anime and junk. Episode 14 is about Bakemonogatari so people here should check it out.

BTW, I can't find it so if someone does please put something up.

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5768.html Here is where I heard it from.
Old 2010-07-13, 07:34   Link #2233
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^ You can find it here.

Thanks for the extra nudge...I'd skimmed that blog entry earlier, but after seeing some of those opening screenshots, i'd decided that it wasn't something I wanted to try, but given that OnoD is voicing one of the characters...

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-07-13, 07:51   Link #2234
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
^ You can find it here.

Thanks for the extra nudge...I'd skimmed that blog entry earlier, but after seeing some of those opening screenshots, i'd decided that it wasn't something I wanted to try, but given that OnoD is voicing one of the characters...
Thanks, but I actually found it a bit after I posted my last post. Anyways, I was actually really hoping someone here could translate the episode. Someone here who is connected to a fansub group? Either way, something that I found interesting was how incredible small Shaft is, I mean I knew they weren't like J.C Staff or Kyoani or anything but their studio is tiny. Funny how the series director only gets a tiny corner in the office.
Old 2010-07-13, 09:40   Link #2235
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Hm...don't quite have time to watch all of it at present (though I dearly wish Kousaki-san (music) and Oishi-san (series director) would speak a bit more clearly!)...but the size of Oishi-san's workspace doesn't really surprise me, especially in the expensive real estate of Tokyo. It's a bit like a vice-principal's workspace at a Japanese school. But how big are KyoAni and J.C.Staff? I've never seen what their studios are like...

(and darn it! seems like OnoD wasn't available to record for this episode of something. Did it have to be the most interesting episode! )

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-07-15, 04:33   Link #2236
Pachael
原作通り

^ Got the above. Interesting look at some of the bits of Bake as well as Oishi in the flesh. Still would like it translated, though it's another Shaft very slow OP progress.

http://mangajet.com/2010/07/finally-...gramm-mag-net/
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 23:14   Link #2237
sirn
田舎者言うな

I can't die just yet.

"Nisio Isin Anime Project 3: Kizumonogatari"
"Production Confirmed!"

Source is today's Nekomonogatari novel.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 23:37   Link #2238
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
I can't die just yet.

"Production Confirmed!"

WAH!!!
*hyperventilates*

\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/\(`V`)/

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-07-27, 23:47   Link #2239
Kunagisa

Quote:
Ha, I made the topic at the same minute as you (really I got it from moonphase though while looking up info for the Mardock Scramble movie). I hope this means we can start expecting Nise.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 23:55   Link #2240
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
I can't die just yet.

"Production Confirmed!"

I told you guys that they would announce it when Neko and Vol 6 comes out.

Since Arakawa is in Fall and then there's Soredemo, Kizu probably is going to be in mid-late next year.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural