AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2019-06-26, 19:48   Link #841
Twi

I think the firearms come up later in the story, but the game logic sticks in that it relies on stats.
Old 2019-06-26, 20:39   Link #842
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Eh. The Shield Hero tries to pretend that everything is REAL and operates on actual logic rather game logic.
I don't know. He seems to at least realize it works like a game. It's just a real game world, where things follow a fair amount of game logic but things still have consequences. He doesn't seem to have any problem grasping this far as I see. He just keeps saying it's real to try and get through to the others the sort of weight their actions have.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-26, 22:33   Link #843
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Why don't others use the firearms? No reason at all, other than the game world is made to allow for a world where a gunman and an archer are probably equal.
Game mechanics aside - in the real world, bows had several advantages over the rifles of the time - it's not without reason that no less a figure than Ben Franklin had argued (unsuccessfully) for their being standard-issue for the Continental Army (reference).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I don't know. He seems to at least realize it works like a game. It's just a real game world, where things follow a fair amount of game logic but things still have consequences... He just keeps saying it's real to try and get through to the others the sort of weight their actions have.
If I recall right, each of the other three had their own example of Failure to Do Research and/or Failure to Follow Through. And for irony bonus, it's Itsuki who drops a variation of a quote famously attributed to one Mr. Parker... I don't recall if it's before or after his own slip-up.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-27, 15:51   Link #844
4th Dimension

BTW, when I said " Shield Hero tries to pretend" I didn't mean SH the character but SH the work of fiction.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-02, 16:38   Link #845
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Curious question here: outside of perhaps being bashed for their gender were it known, why does the writer of the web novels choose not to disclose their gender?
Old 2019-07-02, 21:30   Link #846
BWTraveller
Born to ship

My guess would be just overall privacy. They want to keep everything a secret until they've decided to reveal their identity. Perhaps they have another job (I've heard private LN authors might keep a separate job), which may become difficult if they're known to be spending so much time writing.
Old 2019-07-03, 00:18   Link #847
magnuskn

The strange practice I've seen Japanese writers exercise of doing interviews with masks on seems to be a Japanese thing. I don't know, maybe obsessive otaku will otaku and bad stuff has happened in the past?
Old 2019-07-03, 12:03   Link #848
Twi

Because having your identity public does little good whereas anonymity is gold. You get the fame, you get the money, and if you want to go without someone bugging you then there you go.
Old 2019-07-03, 12:25   Link #849
RDNexus

As far as I know, most japanese don't like to stand out much.
And to these writers, who may be quite introverted or socially awkward, that may mean a lot.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 13:59   Link #850
The Green One

Also less likely you have to deal with the small handful of the crazy loons.
Old 2019-07-03, 14:22   Link #851
magnuskn

Well, still a very Japanese thing, I'd say. Try to find a western writer of a famous novel who comes to interviews with a a mask on.
Old 2019-07-04, 15:58   Link #852
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
As far as I know, most japanese don't like to stand out much.
And to these writers, who may be quite introverted or socially awkward, that may mean a lot.
Yeah. Kind of figures it'd be a fairly-known setup considering how there's no surprise in Eromanga Sensei to first seeing the artist and "he" has a mask on online. If that series had been written in America I imagine that spot where the hero pulls up the livestream and sees the hoodie and mask would've been followed by a fair degree of surprise and confusion at the oddity, not a simple "oh so this's Eromanga-sensei is it".
Old 2020-09-10, 21:36   Link #853
cyberdemon

Dub can be hit or miss but I am liking the dub for this series
Old 2022-04-05, 20:41   Link #854
cyberdemon

Season 2 is in a few hours. Gotta wonder if we’ll get a new light novel volume announcement as well. Considering how long it has been since the last ln release, a new ln volume would make sense for an anime release

Tags
isekai, traumatized protagonist