AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-30, 04:56   Link #21
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i just realized that they used a Zaku II as a place holder for Cherno Alpha during the early designs development stages
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 11:03   Link #22
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i just realized that they used a Zaku II as a place holder for Cherno Alpha during the early designs development stages
And probably a Guncannon for Coyote Tango ?. I hope the sequel will feature jaegers with multiple weapons. The success of gypsy danger should have changed their way of design a lot. Each jaeger should have at least 2 main weapons for range and melee attack.
Old 2014-06-30, 13:25   Link #23
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It would make sense for it to be in Anime style, but it's probably more likely to be standard American animation I think... Either that or Madhouse again like the Marvel Animes =_=
Bones likes to work with the West as well.

I have a dream of 2D Bones animated Jaegers!
Old 2014-06-30, 15:00   Link #24
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
And probably a Guncannon for Coyote Tango ?. I hope the sequel will feature jaegers with multiple weapons. The success of gypsy danger should have changed their way of design a lot. Each jaeger should have at least 2 main weapons for range and melee attack.
Versatility is the key.

IMO the Strike Gundam or the Strike Daggers from SEED are probably the best examples. Units that can adapt to various situations by equipping different packs.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 09:04   Link #25
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

2017 is so far away ;-;
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 17:20   Link #26
solidvanz
Special Operative

Guillermo del Toro Talks PACIFIC RIM Sequel & Animated Series

Without spoiling anything, what can fans expect from “Pacific Rim 2″?
We are three years away, so to spoil anything would be fantastically silly of me. What I can tell you: [screenwriter Zak Penn] and I really went in, we started with [screenwriter Travis Beacham] about a year and a half ago, kicking ideas back and forth. And, admittedly, I said to Zak, let’s keep kicking ideas till we find one that really, really turns the first movie on its ear, so to speak. (…) It was hard to create a world that did not come from a comic book, that had its own mythology, so we had to sacrifice many aspects to be able to cram everything in the first movie. Namely, for example “the Drift” (editor’s note: the neural link between pilots of the giant robots, or jaegers), which was an interesting concept. [Then there was] this portal that ripped a hole into the fabric of our universe, what were the tools they were using? And we came up with a really, really interesting idea. I don’t want to spoil it, but I think at the end of the second movie, people will find out that the two movies stand on their own. They’re very different from each other, although hopefully bringing the same joyful giant spectacle. But the tenor of the two movies will be quite different.

What can you tell me about the animated “Pacific Rim” series? Do you know which network will carry it?
We are talking about all the possibilities in terms of networks. We’re formulating ideas that are, again, interesting and not the usual route, but the series tackles the stories that happened to pilots working in the Shatterdome (editor’s note: a building where jaegers are built and maintained and pilots train), but also cadets learning how to become pilots. All of this happens prior to the first movie, and it gives you a little more depth into the background of certain characters that will appear in the second movie. So it’s really expanding the material. I was incredibly happy with the comic book series that came about from a graphic novel called “Tales From Year Zero,” and we are continuing the tales for the next three years. So by the time the second movie comes out, you will have probably one year of the animation airing, and you will have three years of the comic book series ongoing, so we are trying for all these things to be canon, to be in the same universe, to not wing anything, so that if anyone … a lot of kids, for example, have discovered “Pacific Rim” through the toys. They come in through the toys, and then they watch the movie, and then they learn this, they learn that through the movie or the comic book series, so we’re trying to make it canon so we can expand the universe. And by the time we come into the second movie, you have a good feel for the world, and we can dedicate ourselves to character and ideas and spectacle.

Link: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...bIphjqQWZcp.99
Old 2014-07-04, 03:09   Link #27
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Awesome!!! So the animated series will feature the golden age of Jaegers, eh ? I hope I can finally watch the glorious days of Tacit Ronin or Coyote Tango . And Cherno Alpha, too. Del Toro really know what fans want to see.
Old 2014-07-05, 02:17   Link #28
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Ah yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah its even gonna be anime!!
Old 2014-07-05, 23:38   Link #29
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Awesome!!! So the animated series will feature the golden age of Jaegers, eh ? I hope I can finally watch the glorious days of Tacit Ronin or Coyote Tango . And Cherno Alpha, too. Del Toro really know what fans want to see.
I'm also hoping they show all the other named Jaegers, like Matador Fury (and the story of its convict pilots) and Hydra Corinthian with its female pair.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 23:57   Link #30
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'm also hoping they show all the other named Jaegers, like Matador Fury (and the story of its convict pilots) and Hydra Corinthian with its female pair.
In before Nana Mizuki and Tamura Yukari for Hydra Corinthian pilot voices
Old 2014-07-06, 00:06   Link #31
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Del Toro talked about the Drift. From what I remember in the first movie, it looked like some kinda gigantic biological structure, which would fit the nature of the aliens technology...and a bio-organism growing would explain why it only progressively started churning out larger kaiju more rapidly.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 03:15   Link #32
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Del Toro talked about the Drift. From what I remember in the first movie, it looked like some kinda gigantic biological structure, which would fit the nature of the aliens technology...and a bio-organism growing would explain why it only progressively started churning out larger kaiju more rapidly.
Uhm...aren't you mixing up the anteverse (the kaiju's original universe and current residence of the alien creators) and the drift (the mental synchronization bridge between two human beings that allows them to more efficiently share and reduce the massive neural load generated by the Jaeger) ?

Last edited by Renegade334; 2014-07-06 at 10:32.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 11:22   Link #33
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Uhm...aren't you mixing up the anteverse (the kaiju's original universe and current residence of the alien creators) and the drift (the mental synchronization bridge between two human beings that allows them to more efficiently share and reduce the massive neural load generated by the Jaeger) ?
...herp derp. yes I did.

Meant the portal.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 16:19   Link #34
solidvanz
Special Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Ah yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah its even gonna be anime!!
Del Toro talk about the Pacific Rim anime (animated) series:

“We are right now in the middle of talking and negotiating with a few Japanese companies for the animation. We are talking to a couple of showrunners that have a strong animation background, [we’re] casting the writers room. What’s great is it’s a great set-up and a link between the first movie and the second movie. It really enhances the mythology of the characters; we have cameos of characters from the first movie, but mostly it’s a new set of characters. New jaegers, except for one or two, [and] new kaijus. It’s really fun.”

“We’re going for a long arc, so the idea is to show a group of characters—we have pilots, functional jaegers, but we have all these younger characters. I really want to explore things that are complimentary to the things that I want to explore in the second movie: drift, what drifting does to you, what is needed to drift, a lot of stuff that I think is important, but also the jaeger technology, the kaijus being evolved, ideas about the precursors—the guys that control the kaijus. We have a lot of leeway in 13 episodes and I wanna make it sort of in the same spirit of Pacific Rim, which is the ideal audience for Pacific Rim was young—very young, 11-year-olds and so forth—but with really beautiful design and stories that make these characters interesting in a way that I found them interesting in, for example, Year Zero, the graphic novel that we did. And I think that’s the basic thrust of the thing.”

“If it connects we’ll go on [to more seasons], but the thing is I don’t want it to be weekly adventures. I don’t want it to be like Chapter One is a little action thing and it gets resolved in 40 minutes or an hour and then the next episode, [it’s like] nothing happened. My favorite anime series always have a long arc.”

Link: http://collider.com/pacific-rim-anim...eries-details/
Old 2014-07-10, 19:58   Link #35
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Why do I still want to see KyoAni animate a new mecha show. Pacific Rim?
Old 2014-07-10, 20:01   Link #36
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

The more Guillermo Del Toro says about this upcoming series, the more I'm drooling at what will come next.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 22:15   Link #37
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Why do I still want to see KyoAni animate a new mecha show. Pacific Rim?
Why would you want kyoani ? I don't want to see an anime filled with cute things from them. This is about mecha! I would prefer Trigger ( ttgl staff ) or Bones ( star driver ) to animate Pacific Rim. Imagine the over the top, epic action that . Trigger/Bones could give the series.
Old 2014-07-10, 23:32   Link #38
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Del Toro talk about the Pacific Rim anime (animated) series:

“We are right now in the middle of talking and negotiating with a few Japanese companies for the animation. We are talking to a couple of showrunners that have a strong animation background, [we’re] casting the writers room. What’s great is it’s a great set-up and a link between the first movie and the second movie. It really enhances the mythology of the characters; we have cameos of characters from the first movie, but mostly it’s a new set of characters. New jaegers, except for one or two, [and] new kaijus. It’s really fun.”

“We’re going for a long arc, so the idea is to show a group of characters—we have pilots, functional jaegers, but we have all these younger characters. I really want to explore things that are complimentary to the things that I want to explore in the second movie: drift, what drifting does to you, what is needed to drift, a lot of stuff that I think is important, but also the jaeger technology, the kaijus being evolved, ideas about the precursors—the guys that control the kaijus. We have a lot of leeway in 13 episodes and I wanna make it sort of in the same spirit of Pacific Rim, which is the ideal audience for Pacific Rim was young—very young, 11-year-olds and so forth—but with really beautiful design and stories that make these characters interesting in a way that I found them interesting in, for example, Year Zero, the graphic novel that we did. And I think that’s the basic thrust of the thing.”

“If it connects we’ll go on [to more seasons], but the thing is I don’t want it to be weekly adventures. I don’t want it to be like Chapter One is a little action thing and it gets resolved in 40 minutes or an hour and then the next episode, [it’s like] nothing happened. My favorite anime series always have a long arc.”

Link: http://collider.com/pacific-rim-anim...eries-details/
Ooh! Ooh! Get Kaoru Wada for the music!
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 01:07   Link #39
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Iwasaki Taku would be my ideal choice. I can have another awesome combination of opera and hip hop .
Old 2014-07-13, 01:44   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm certainly curious how the animated series will turn out. Could be a very nice link, though certainly hope it can carry on by itself.

Since it is all so early not much to say on the topic, but something I'll keep an eye on.