AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-06, 19:09   Link #21
naka

http://www.fami-geki.com/tokusatsu/index.html

13ep total on that bracket near the end of that paragraph about ray the animation

re-added,, hopefully not removed again -_-'
Old 2006-04-06, 21:57   Link #22
Sakuya
*Artist

Very nice first episode, probably one of the more serious anime of this season. The fighting scenes were surprisingly very well done, very unexpected since I didn't consider this anime action.

However, they make it look like Ray can see underneath whenever she wants and at other times, she doesn't have x-ray vision. And with the bra scene near the end, it seems to me that she can see underneath and not see the x-ray vision at some times. That's pretty weird, or maybe they didn't want to animate all the skeletons?

Someone should definitely sub this though. The music is pretty good, it makes it sound like a mystery.
Old 2006-04-07, 00:01   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I knew nothing about this but enjoyed it. Not sure about the story yet, but it could work. Sakuya's right about the inconsistency of the eyesight, but maybe they'll have an explanation, and maybe we'll just have to relax and enjoy it, lol.

And the animation and backgrounds and voice-acting were great. I liked the simple lines and the seamless CG. I was really struck by how perfectly they got the telephone cord when the nurse received a phone call. And I thought Nogawa Sakura was great as the lead. Nabatame Hitomi showed up in her fifth role of the new season, as the genki little nurse (she's also in Strawberry Panic, Joshi Kousei Girls' High, School Rumble, and Magipoka).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-07 at 00:35.
Old 2006-04-07, 00:06   Link #24
iluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Very nice first episode, probably one of the more serious anime of this season. The fighting scenes were surprisingly very well done, very unexpected since I didn't consider this anime action.

However, they make it look like Ray can see underneath whenever she wants and at other times, she doesn't have x-ray vision. And with the bra scene near the end, it seems to me that she can see underneath and not see the x-ray vision at some times. That's pretty weird, or maybe they didn't want to animate all the skeletons?

Someone should definitely sub this though. The music is pretty good, it makes it sound like a mystery.
It seems her x-ray vision has a classic comic/movie/anime/manga zoom feature. How deep she sees is up to her. She can see bones or bras depending on the intensity of her gaze.

Also, thanks for the link naka. We (Froth-Bite) will be subbing this after all (we've been debating it for a while).
Old 2006-04-07, 00:15   Link #25
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluid
We (Froth-Bite) will be subbing this after all (we've been debating it for a while).
A million thank-you's!

Off topic but it seems there's a live action RAY drama. I wonder if anyone has it?
http://ray.tv/goods/

Last edited by Sakuya; 2006-04-07 at 01:14.
Old 2006-04-07, 03:07   Link #26
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm....I've only read the first 3 volume of the manga and I gotta say I'm pretty imporessed with it. Compared to all the other medical-based manga I've read, I gotta say Ray seems much more 'darker' than the rest. And yeah, I'm pretty surprised that the person who gave Ray her x-ray eye was that man. The only thing I find a little....funny is the hospital nurses if you guys know what I mean
Old 2006-04-07, 16:58   Link #27
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Initially I wasn't sure what to make of Ray, not being a Black Jack or medical drama fan, but there seems to be lots to like here. Ray herself is a pretty intriguing character, as are the other staff at the hospital. Peg leg (Sawa) is just crazy as are the ninja nurses. I enjoyed it a lot and hope it gets subbed, because I'd really like to watch it properly.

My only gripe was the action felt a little forced. It must be an anime law that there always seems to be a mob of heavies on hand to make the main characters look cool. It's a minor issue though, I liked everything else - voice acting, animation and the music were all spot on. Ray is a bit of a suprise for me...
Old 2006-04-09, 09:50   Link #28
Altharion
Pirate A

Send a message via MSN to Altharion
Ray The Animation

Based on a manga by Yoshitomi Akihito.

Ray grew up on a farm, one that breeds and raises people as living, breathing organ donors. As a donor herself, Ray had her eyes taken away from her, but was given the gift of sight by a stranger. Ray`s new sight, however, was far from ordinary. She was given x-ray vision. We meet Ray ten years later, now off the farm, working as a nurse and an underground medical doctor performing procedures for profit. A chance encounter with an old friend triggers Ray`s memories of her difficult childhood, which inspires her to try to find the donor farm on which she was raised.

summary taken from AniDB.net

official site: http://ray.tv/

I've read the first two volumes of the manga but i have never remember Black Jack being in it? i havent seen Black Jack before but has ray ever guest starred or has the animators just slugged him in?
Old 2006-04-09, 09:55   Link #29
NeoSam

There's already a thread for this.

Its here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26487
Old 2006-04-09, 10:03   Link #30
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluid
It seems her x-ray vision has a classic comic/movie/anime/manga zoom feature. How deep she sees is up to her. She can see bones or bras depending on the intensity of her gaze.

Also, thanks for the link naka. We (Froth-Bite) will be subbing this after all (we've been debating it for a while).
would you mind if I ask a question ? Is RAY going to be full-packed with medical terms like SAY hello to BLACKJACK ? since I still do not have a chance to read RAY manga or not getting insight information about it,I am totally curious about this. Shed me a light.
Old 2006-04-09, 11:58   Link #31
Altharion
Pirate A

Is black jack a medical show? always thought it looked like a thief show where this black jack goes around the world and steals stuff :P

Spoiler:

but anyone knows who's idea of putting Black Jack in the show was?
Old 2006-04-09, 12:15   Link #32
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altharion
Is black jack a medical show? always thought it looked like a thief show where this black jack goes around the world and steals stuff :P

Spoiler:

but anyone knows who's idea of putting Black Jack in the show was?

it's my mistake that I didn't clarify my post. I mean "Black jack によろしく"(blackjack ni yoroshiku) not "Blackjack". thanks for your info about manga.
Old 2006-04-09, 16:40   Link #33
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altharion
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ga.php?id=1341

Nope, it's purely about a doctor who likes to help people I guess. I watched the anime on TV and it didn't appeal to me. Before, I thought it was about gambling. XD
Old 2006-04-09, 17:08   Link #34
iluid

Black Jack is one of the most famous creations of Osamu Tezuka, who is considered by many to be the father of modern manga/anime. AstroBoy (Tetsuwan Atom) is probably his most famous work outside of Japan. Other titles some might recognize are Hi No Tori, Kimba the White Lion, and Metropolis. Anyway, these titles (Black Jack, RAY, and Say Hello to Black Jack) are all somewhat related simply because of the fame and importance of Black Jack. It would be something like having Superman or Spiderman be part of the story in an otherwise unrelated comic book. Also, Black Jack is most certainly not a thief, he’s a master surgeon that works without a license and charges huge sums of money (OK, so maybe he’s sort of like a thief ). As far as being loaded with medical terms, like the Black Jack anime, you can pretty much count on RAY to be chock-full of them.
Old 2006-04-10, 01:02   Link #35
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
BJ in the anime already had more lines than the first ~4 volumes of the manga combined..
lol

imho, manga is better
was slightly disappointed with the anime's first ep, but ill hold judgement for a bit

quite a bit of medical terms, but you dont REALLY need to understand them to enjoy the series
its just cool "white noise" to make what Ray is doing cooler

in the manga she can see skeletons and organs walking around
i believe that was the first panel
looked pretty cool
Old 2006-04-10, 09:10   Link #36
Altharion
Pirate A

BJ has a cape and a scar, he certainly looks like a thief :P

the first episode wasnt the same as the manga but wasnt to farfetched like Air Gear but i hope Ray wont go away from it manga roots that much.
Old 2006-04-12, 00:18   Link #37
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

RAY the Animation

Woah, okay, this show is totally whacked, and I think I like it.

I read the plot description "blah blah blah, chick gets x-ray eyes, blah blah blah, organ farms" and I figured it would be a pretty heavy show that I wasn't going to be interested in... at all. But hey, 98 megabytes isn't a lot, maybe it's like 10 minutes long.

Spoiler for If you're at all intrigued, grab it before reading the spoilers:

BTW: Kudos to Froth Bite for the size of the download. The video quality was excellent despite the size. MP4 would seem to be the way to go gents!
Old 2006-04-12, 04:52   Link #38
Kyousuke

Amazing first episode! Ray is definitely one of my favorite shows right now!
Old 2006-04-12, 11:57   Link #39
amonrei

This is weirdly interesting. O.o I guess i'll keep it. Tough nurse. :P
Old 2006-04-12, 13:50   Link #40
lavielove

just finished watching the first episode,RAY animation. I have a feeling that all the guys watching the RAY will be wished to have the same thing. ^_^ what a guilty pleasure to have that kind of wish.[you know what am I taking about if you have watched the 1st ep ]

The character design for RAY is the same as anime poster that is sticking on the website.Not even abit of pixel was cut out.It's all cool. I have a soft spot for cute nurses.No wonder DannoHung was yelling with exitement after watching the episode =D combat nurses lol.

color setting and font choosed,translation(I did saw a few medical terms that are really interesting) .... all cool.oh...I'm blubbing ^_^

ED cg was smooth as well as the song.It was just too bright and too nice.

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-04-12 at 14:03.
Closed Thread