AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

View Poll Results: If you could go to a fantasy world, would you?
About Time! 43 51.19%
Nah... I kinda like it here 5 5.95%
Only If I can move back and forth between worlds 36 42.86%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-12-10, 23:26   Link #21
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
My interpretation of your question is, basically, a variation on "If you could move to a new country, would you?" The answers you permitted are "Sure", "No Way" or "Only if I can still move back home".

What I added are some different things to ask for, other limitations than "can I return home now?". In some Fantasy Worlds, you won't survive long without that world's common knowledge. In others, you'll be killed for not speaking the language and being taken as suspicious (or enslaved for the same reason). Also, just because there's people with magic in the world, doesn't mean that you'll have it, be able to even attempt to learn it if you do have it, or that people won't hunt you down for being an "evil devil worshiping monster" for having the potential to use it (unless you're part of some group, like the local Mage's Guild or Religion).

I also included answers like "If I get a job there" and "I'm not committing suicide by doing that! Stop being stupid!"
Aaa? Then just pick option 3. What's the freaking difference?

You go there, one second later, you wail "Mama! This world is too harsh for me!~ Thank god, I picked option 3... So I can.... freaking... get... back.... home.... without asking dumb questions"

And nobody ever said that the God? will answer all your annoying questions...
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 23:29   Link #22
luffyxnami

Quote:
My interpretation of your question is, basically, a variation on "If you could move to a new country, would you?" The answers you permitted are "Sure", "No Way" or "Only if I can still move back home".

What I added are some different things to ask for, other limitations than "can I return home now?". In some Fantasy Worlds, you won't survive long without that world's common knowledge. In others, you'll be killed for not speaking the language and being taken as suspicious (or enslaved for the same reason). Also, just because there's people with magic in the world, doesn't mean that you'll have it, be able to even attempt to learn it if you do have it, or that people won't hunt you down for being an "evil devil worshiping monster" for having the potential to use it (unless you're part of some group, like the local Mage's Guild or Religion).

I also included answers like "If I get a job there" and "I'm not committing suicide by doing that! Stop being stupid!"

Another possible answer is "So long as I get the "Unlimited Bathroom" Cheat from Isekai Konyoku Monogatari/Otherwold Mixed Bathing Story
Wouldn't option 3 be the answer then? I mean you can move back and forth so if you go there and there is something you don't like/limitation, like " I can't speak the language there, or " oh shit, I dont have a cheat power" then you jump back over here. Option 3 pretty much compose of your your other question/concern you have for isekai.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 23:42   Link #23
Darius Drake

Actually, if I don't get the answers before I make a choice, it's number 2 for me.

Why? Two reasons:

1. Disease (that's relatively harmless to the locals but easily fatal to you. Like the common cold) and accidental Poisoning (eating food that's not poisonous to the locals, but is to you. Like feeding chocolate to your pets) could easily still kill you, even if you can go back home in an instant.

2. There can be limitations on option 3 that make it little to no different to option 1. Such as "You can go back home, once you've defeated the Demon Lord", or "Only when you return to this special place, protected by an Ultimate Level Dragon who was fine with you leaving, not so much returning. So you'll have to be powerful enough to kill it".
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 23:52   Link #24
cabman11

Quote:
Actually, if I don't get the answers before I make a choice, it's number 2 for me.

Why? Two reasons:

1. Disease (that's relatively harmless to the locals but easily fatal to you. Like the common cold) and accidental Poisoning (eating food that's not poisonous to the locals, but is to you. Like feeding chocolate to your pets) could easily still kill you, even if you can go back home in an instant.

2. There can be limitations on option 3 that make it little to no different to option 1. Such as "You can go back home, once you've defeated the Demon Lord", or "Only when you return to this special place, protected by an Ultimate Level Dragon who was fine with you leaving, not so much returning. So you'll have to be powerful enough to kill it".
What if at the end of the day you somehow become a god or something? You're going to miss the chance
Old 2015-12-11, 00:06   Link #25
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
Wouldn't option 3 be the answer then? I mean you can move back and forth so if you go there and there is something you don't like/limitation, like " I can't speak the language there, or " oh shit, I dont have a cheat power" then you jump back over here. Option 3 pretty much compose of your your other question/concern you have for isekai.
Actually it is! Option 3 is Yes + Cheat already! Congratulation, you were the first to notice that! Coz at the very least you can carry over knowledge back and forth between worlds!

....But....

The essence of this poll does not lie there... You might think it's a joke, but It's kinda a psychological test, you know~

Choosing between option 1 & 3 really really affects your mental state, you know~ Try to figure it out on your own

Btw Cabman, I'm glad you changed your avatar, I dun wanna milk no more
Old 2015-12-11, 00:09   Link #26
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Btw Cabman, I'm glad you changed your avatar, I dun wanna milk no more
Yea.... the avatar was freaking me out too
Old 2015-12-11, 00:12   Link #27
luffyxnami

Quote:

Why? Two reasons:

What, now you are just adding in restriction for option 3. I mean if there is some requirement like that to get back here, then wouldn't it a also mean a similar requirement to be done in our world to get to another world then? If such requirement come up when you are given the chance then just reject it so I don't get what point are you making. If you worry about disease then don't travel anywhere since new disease/sickness pop up in our world a lot too. If you happen to catch so disease in another world then jump back here to get cure. Have you ever heard of "nothing venture nothing gain" or "no risk no gain"?

@wuhgum
Forget my mental state, who want to live a boring life for the rest of their lives, I don't care if I become some cold blooded human being. The adventure is worth especially if I get cheat power. Oh yeah, I forget to ask, what option did you pick?
Old 2015-12-11, 00:36   Link #28
Darius Drake

@ Cabman: I'm giving up a theoretically potential chance of becoming the equivalent of a god in exchange for removing the possibility of me accidentally eating, say, a near fatal amount of Arsenic and being in pain for the rest of my life due to ignorance.

@ Luffyxnami: You're in front of something that you're certain gives you the choice between going, not going, and going with the possibility of coming back. You know nothing about where you're going, except that it's a "fantasy world", with magic. You know nothing about the people there, the food, or whether or not you can even eat anything or live there for very long without being poisoned by the very presence of magic. As such, I don't feel that I'm adding in restrictions for number 3, I'm stating that we don't know if number 3 is restricted or not. That's why I would like my questions answered BEFORE I make a decision, and chose not to go if they aren't.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 00:51   Link #29
luffyxnami

Quote:
@ Cabman: I'm giving up a theoretically potential chance of becoming the equivalent of a god in exchange for removing the possibility of me accidentally eating, say, a near fatal amount of Arsenic and being in pain for the rest of my life due to ignorance.

@ Luffyxnami: You're in front of something that you're certain gives you the choice between going, not going, and going with the possibility of coming back. You know nothing about where you're going, except that it's a "fantasy world", with magic. You know nothing about the people there, the food, or whether or not you can even eat anything or live there for very long without being poisoned by the very presence of magic. As such, I don't feel that I'm adding in restrictions for number 3, I'm stating that we don't know if number 3 is restricted or not. That's why I would like my questions answered BEFORE I make a decision, and chose not to go if they aren't.
So basically you want to add a 4th option which is "only if I can ask a bunch if question first" right? But then your thinking on option three is funny cause if given those three choice, then the way to jump between world should be mention to you when it present it to you otherwise how would you even know what the requirement would be then?

Also if you worry about food in isekai so much then all you have to do is get some food over there then bring it back and feed it to some animal to see what happen, I mean by being able to jump back and forth give you the leisure to experiment.
Old 2015-12-11, 01:06   Link #30
rantaid

@wuhugm

no offense and with all respect ..but wuhugm, you seem to be witholding one or two important information.

for example what kind of fantasy civilization we are expecting?

is it advanced space saga like star wars, star treks, legend of galactic heroes, gundam etc.?
is it medieval era like Game of Throne/ASOIAF, Le Morte D' Arthur, Sengoku Jidai Era, Ivalice world ?
Is it Stone Age era with Jurasic/Paleozoikum/Mesozoikum era where Dinosaur and primordial insect rule the world?
or simple pseudo fantasy world with present time technology like the world of harry potter?

2nd, most importantly... what kind of custom applied we are expecting? because like most sane person who are gifted with unique power..., i hate to be selfless hero. you don't get to the chick, you don't get to rape, you don't get to defile, you don't get the wealth, follow all the nasty boring rule....and you missed all the fun. at least i just want to do everything i desire like how i played Grand Theft Auto without repercussion or karmic whatever. just wanna have fun...

ps. the way i define "fun" might not be fun for other people who are affected, reader discretion is advised.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 01:20   Link #31
wuhugm
Confused Shark

fufufu~ It goes the way I expected

Lemme ask you guys, when you were in elementary school and the teacher asked :

1+1=?

Did you asked him : 1 of what? an apple or a drop of water? How do you define a drop of water? What if one of the apple is twice as big as the other one? what if blablabla....

In conclusion, to what you guys were asking, like is the other world dangerous, do we share the language, or blablabla...

the answer is simply.... we don't know

It's a pure gamble, will it be fun, or is this world is better, we don't know...

If you're not sure, just pick option 3, most likely you won't get to go, but if you do go and don't like it, you can just get back... simple~

@luffyxnami
You can click on the number of votes up there and view who picked which
Old 2015-12-11, 01:21   Link #32
luffyxnami

I just realize the poll is missing another option and it concern reincarnation.
The 4th option should be:
Only after I die in this world.
Old 2015-12-11, 01:30   Link #33
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Ok, the info got me curious enough. Will add to my backlog to check later.
Quote:
Actually it is! Option 3 is Yes + Cheat already! Congratulation, you were the first to notice that! Coz at the very least you can carry over knowledge back and forth between worlds!

....But....

The essence of this poll does not lie there... You might think it's a joke, but It's kinda a psychological test, you know~

Choosing between option 1 & 3 really really affects your mental state, you know~ Try to figure it out on your own
See I completely ignored it. Choosing not to choose is also a choice.

But not simply because I didn't care much, see I've read enough WN/LNs & other media...

We've seen enough situations where a so called self proclaimed "God" gives a certain lucky/unlucky individual such choices.

Most of the time, that entity can either be or a combination of:
- An asshole like the Greek Gods who does things on their whims
- A bored entity who sees lower/weaker/mortal beings as pawns for their entertainment
- Not evil but has very questionable morals that only sees things from a POV of a higher being
- Not malicious but is definitely not god material especially when its the source of whatever killed you/transported you in the 1st place

...and many more combinations & possibilities that obviously points out that they/its not omniscient and/or omnipotent at all.

Basically as "safe" sounding as the 3rd option may be, if you find yourself in such a situation in the 1st place, congrats...your right the middle of some ongoing plot that is most likely be for someone's amusement/whim and will most likely end badly for you since its unlikely that you're the plot armored blessed MC in destiny's little games & are more likely to be one of those random background characters that die or meet far more horrible fates as soon as one drops in.

Being genre savvy isn't enough to get out unscathed. How screwed you are will depend on what comes after.
Old 2015-12-11, 01:33   Link #34
rantaid

i'll be blunt. let just say we don't know what kind of world we expect. but i will hate it to live in world where girl has male genital between their legs, or any funky world where my current sense of culture can not comprehend them.

and personally, that is very important question for me to make decision. i would hate to live in world where i can not rape cute girls.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 02:30   Link #35
OmegaWeaponZ

Your posts worry me at times rantaid ...
Old 2015-12-11, 02:34   Link #36
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Badass~

Btw, before anyone saying anything like, this poll got nothing to do with the novel. Actually it is very closely related, you can even say it's the core theme of the novel. It's like if in the thread of Suterareta Yuusha no Eiyuutan you make a poll about "Would you take revenge on your classmates who wronged you and caused your death by killing them?"

@luffy
You've got one chance... only one chance...
Why would The God? bother waiting for your life to end?
Old 2015-12-11, 02:44   Link #37
cabman11

Quote:
^Badass~

Btw, before anyone saying anything like, this poll got nothing to do with the novel. Actually it is very closely related, you can even say it's the core theme of the novel. It's like if in the thread of Suterareta Yuusha no Eiyuutan you make a poll about "Would you take revenge on your classmates who wronged you and caused your death by killing them?"

@luffy
Soooo... can he go back and forth from Earth?

Edit:
Wait....vrmmo...
.....Yeah I'm probably high
Old 2015-12-11, 02:45   Link #38
luffyxnami

Quote:
@luffy
Maybe because of the fact that he bother appearing in front of me and offer me those choices in the beginning. I mean that should mean I am special shouldn't it and god have no concept of time so it shouldn't even matter to him.
Old 2015-12-11, 02:54   Link #39
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
Maybe because of the fact that he bother appearing in front of me and offer me those choices in the beginning. I mean that should mean I am special shouldn't it and god have no concept of time so it shouldn't even matter to him.
Then he would appear after you've died instead....
Old 2015-12-11, 02:59   Link #40
cabman11

Look what i found

Now I know what you read

Edit
呪印の女剣士
Holy shit 1000 chapters.
Is it good? Do you recommend it?

Tags
dream? vrmmo? isekai?, harem, incest, lolicon shotacon mc, mammoth netori harem, netorare, siscon mothercon mc, so much harem, spineless mc, wild smart ikemen mc