AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-07, 15:26   Link #501
Haak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Well, it was certainly beautiful to look at, but way too melodramatic for my tastes.

Really, they couldn't predict that the bridge would be an important strategic target? With that level of military planning, I'm surprised they won the war. And why not fly the ambassador there? Or drive on back roads at night in secret? Taking a train seemed like the most vulnerable approach.
If this is set after an equivalent to World War I then I actually wouldn't be surprised. I'm learning a lot about WWI right now (through The Great War Channel on Youtube) and the sheer level of incompetence on all sides is truly enlightening.
Old 2018-04-07, 17:31   Link #502
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If you've not read A. J. P. Taylor's brutally frank history of the War, I recommend it.

Here he discusses the rigidities of the railway timetables required to mobilize the forces.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That said, you don't need to be a military genius to see that that bridge was an obvious target.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 17:51   Link #503
Haak

Well did I just watched a video about two WWI Generals out-retarding each other so my optics may be skewed. I don't think Violet Evergarden ever broaches that subject either.

Thanks for that book recommendation. I'll give it a look once I manage to finish all the 550-odd videos on that channel. I'm only on 1916. XP
Old 2018-04-07, 18:08   Link #504
jwai

What are the odds that the light novels will get officially translated?
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-12, 21:16   Link #505
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

to the surprise of no one, the best episodes were the ones taken from novel content. i enjoyed it over all. i understand why they chose to develop the series as they did, but i really would have enjoyed it more if they showed glimpses of her former self throughout the episodic content, and let the viewer fill in the blanks with her development. the way they did it really was lowest common denominator stuff.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-12, 22:19   Link #506
alex_drian

I would say that was good. I don't know about the next season and I don't know if Gilbert is dead or not, because I don't know the novel, but if they have shame, he'll remain dead or else this anime would be pointless.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote