AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-04-26, 10:38   Link #41
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
I simply wanted to know if this whole “Year of Sanji” thing was an actual official thing or just completely misunderstood hype
I think you're missing the forest for the trees here. We literally just got Sanji's entire mysterious backstory. If you're looking for character development on top of that, just look at his relationship with his family. It's debatable where people stand, but it's certainly different now and he stood up to it all instead of how he was so powerless as a child. And you can also look at his relationships with women. He's not just a mindless nose bleeder anymore (although he will always do that to an extent). E.g. he listened to Pudding make fun of him while he was outside her window and made a pretty mature decision on how to handle her from then on out.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 10:27   Link #42
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
This should be the last exchange as I think we can reach an understanding.

TL;DR…
for space
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'm mentally exhausted now. I've said everything I've needed to say.

Now I'm just going to forget about Sanji and direct my thoughts to the upcoming Reverie Arc in the next chapter. I can't wait!

Chapter 903 Thread

The cake DID do something though, it bought time for the SH to escape by incapacitating BM for a while.

I don’t know why the examples you listed qualify as “being made a fool of”, Fishman Island: Sanji along with Jinbe defeated Wadutsumi and revealed what he achieved over the timeskip, are you referring to the whole gigantic mermaid shaped nosebleed Sanji had that almost killed him? Do people really hate that one scene that was intended for laughs THAT MUCH? Vergo: Sanji was focused on getting the marines out of dodge by Vergo so Sanji couldn’t really have a full on fight with him at that point, plus Vergo was one of Dofy’s strongest men with good Armament Haki. Dofy himself: So Sanji blocking one of his attacks and getting briefly frozen by Dofy’s strings counts as being made a fool of?

In the WCI arc we saw that Sanji was able to block an attack from the giant genie.

BTW I just saw the raw pages for chapter 903 and it looks like Sanji got his no. 3 Germa battle suit from Yonji and there is still more talking with Sanji in it, so yes Sanji HAS developed a bit and it looks like there is some acknowledgement to Sanji from his brother (some what).
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 19:04   Link #43
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
<snip>
I'll make this quick coz Chapter 903 is out and its friggin amazing!

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?