AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-10-25, 19:03   Link #301
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
lol... I get the sense that poor Gen wants to write a happy ending, but just can't bring himself to do it. So he keeps throwing out these epilogues that makes things look much darker after all (in the original TV series, Homura with the wicked wings fighting demons in the desert had some wondering if the world was now in a post-apocalyptic stage).
I think he'll never write a true happy ending because he can't accept that people can grow and overcome their emotional issues. He probably does want to though.
Old 2013-10-25, 19:21   Link #302
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
2. What is the reception to the movie so far in Japan itself? Nobody here seems that pleased with it, but I'm curious to know if the reception is any better in Japan.
It's possible that we may get a hint of that reaction on Sunday (if the film does have some effect on the Saimoe tournament).
Old 2013-10-25, 19:27   Link #303
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

I think I'll side with the villains this time around because of bias. Crush them all homukami.

Is there any news about a second season or just hints?
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 19:27   Link #304
Dr. Casey

This movie sounds awesome. /Homura's Devil's Advocate
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 19:41   Link #305
Kazu-kun

To be fair, Homukami's world doesn't seem so bad. It's implied that things are going to get bad eventually though, because she doesn't follow any rules. I imagine the universe will eventually strike back, introducing distortions to compensate for her reality-warping hijinks. But for the time being it seems pretty good. All the girls are alive, the QBs are under control...
Old 2013-10-25, 19:42   Link #306
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Does Homura's new world even have QBs in it, considering she perma-killed one apparently before she rewrote reality?

...Like, are Puella Magi even a thing in this 'verse?
Old 2013-10-25, 19:48   Link #307
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Does Homura's new world even have QBs in it, considering she perma-killed one apparently before she rewrote reality?
If I'm not mistaken, Homura says that the QBs are needed, so they probably still exit.
Old 2013-10-25, 19:52   Link #308
gokuthepower

So let me get this clear for everyone, this movie doesn't exist. We are all trapped in the Eternal Tsukuyomi of Madara.
gokuthepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 19:55   Link #309
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Looks like I'll stop myself from entering this thread until December comes when I watch it myself.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 20:08   Link #310
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Have you guys see the trailer...well i guess so....this is one of many interpretation of what happen in the trailer...which i think would happen and i think fit with what urobuchi said about it would divide the fan...

If this actually happens, I swear to god it would be so full of shit. Suddenly hinging the plot on Homura having her own god shenanigans out of nowhere would make the already kinda asspull-ish TV ending make even less sense. The TV ending where the powers from Homura's wish incrementally go to Madoka (what?) and Homura isn't actually becoming more powerful at all (which was a stretch since Homura is the only one we actually SEE getting better at using her powers in each loop, but that's what they went with so whatever).

*reads spoilers*

yeah okay that's just fucking dumb. It's like Urobuchi went out of the way to turn the movie into this kind of practical joke for anyone who already liked the original series despite its faults. I'm just going call Fushigi Yuugi OVA Arc on this and keep my canonical TV ending in my head.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 20:13   Link #311
woxx

I don't think you can judge writing by few sentences of spoilers. All things are probably explained in the movie. And if it's not, it's still a magical girl show...
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 20:20   Link #312
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
What spoilers?

Madoka has a movie? I thought it was just a neat little TV show.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 20:21   Link #313
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
All the girls are alive, the QBs are under control...
All the girls are alive, but in what sort of state? Normal high school girls? Magical girls? Witches?

Ultimately, the fate of the major characters and their world is probably what matters the most to me with this franchise.
Old 2013-10-25, 20:26   Link #314
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
I don't think you can judge writing by few sentences of spoilers. All things are probably explained in the movie.

An audio rip of the movie is going around. With that + the spoilers available you can get a pretty good idea of the movie already.
Old 2013-10-25, 20:31   Link #315
LightDragonman

I do think though that this film succeeded at doing what 3.0 failed to do. It feels much more character driven than plot driven, and is much more conclusive, regardless of upcoming sequels.
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 20:43   Link #316
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
and is much more conclusive, regardless of upcoming sequels.
I wonder how they would go about doing a sequel. It's not like Homura can be killed, she doesn't even have a soul gem anymore. And after this movie, it's clear she will never change her mind; her world view and Madoka's are irreconcilable. At most, someone with even more power than her could do what she did to Madoka: suppress her power and erase her memory. That would feel cheap and repetitive though.

I don't know. More than a hook for a sequel, this seems like a dead end, both narratively and philosophical. Homura and Madoka will never see eye to eye, so the conflict is moot.
Old 2013-10-25, 21:05   Link #317
Triple_R
*Author

Some specific questions for people who have already watched the movie and/or have comprehensive spoilers available to them:

1. What wish did Nagisa make after? Or is this simply ignored in the movie?

2. All of those flashy Group of 5 shots we saw in movie promotions - Where they actually in the movie, or not?

3. Any bones thrown to Homura/Madoka or Kyouko/Sayaka shippers? It sounds like this movie might be pretty devastating for Homura/Madoka, but I'm curious to hear if Kyouko/Sayaka have some nice scenes together.

Edit: I forgot one...

4. Does Hitomi do anything worth talking about? It's kinda funny that there was a lot of speculation surrounding her a few months back, but lately not a word.
Old 2013-10-25, 21:28   Link #318
Jimmy C

There is a "bright" side to this. If the spoilers are accurate, you can look forward to doujins of Madoka punishing Homura for being a bad, bad girl...

That's probably the only thing that's keeping me from being too depressed about what I've read...
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 21:31   Link #319
Triple_R
*Author

Well, I do love how they went full Sephiroth/Suigintou with Homukami's character design. Madoka Magica characters always look exactly like the role they're filling, lol.

They do this so well that even the likes of Dangaronpa and BlazBlue can only applaud.
Old 2013-10-25, 21:44   Link #320
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

*shrugs* I don't really want to comment on the spoilers until a good rip + sub appears. But from what I've read so far, it will be interesting watching the rise of the new Sith Lord as the Jedi grow weak and the Empire crumbles.

Tags
madoka