AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-10, 04:41   Link #2701
Twi

@ Dengar
First, you're in the RWBY thread. If anything, Yang likely has the majority. That likely puts Final Fantasy characters in the minority here, but I'm not about to start a poll to find out.

Second, I'm not sure where you got the majority ideal. No one's asking you to pick a side, just to stop attacking other people of other fandoms. That's my entire beef with you.

We're dropping this right here and now. You've said your piece, I've said mine. No more derailing the thread. You feel like I've taken a cheap shot at you? We have a PM system.

@ QSTrader

It's the world-building I'm here for. The fights are glorious, but you can't tell me that you don't want to know more about a world where everything is a gun.

Last edited by Twi; 2015-10-10 at 18:12.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 14:02   Link #2702
Chosen_Hero

I personally agree that the world building in RWBY isn't the best, it's interesting but at best it's average and we've seen similar stuff before, the best thing about it is the fights and (to a lesser extent) the characters.
Old 2015-10-10, 15:43   Link #2703
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Speaking of world building.

Also some interesting notes:

*Warner Bros. International are handling the distribution and the Rooster Teeth crew gushed over how the first volume of RWBY will debut theatrically in Tokyo.
*Warner Bros. is also handling merchandise which fans should see tee-shirts, tapestries, pillows and more especially in the Rooster Teeth store.
*Miles teased a possible manga adaptation of RWBY but not much else was said so stay tuned.
*There will be four World of Remnant videos that will be in RWBY Volume 3.
*From what we know of Volume 3, the Tournament will play a huge role in the season and Kerry Shawcross said it was hard trying to figure who fights who.
*Miles Luna told the audience to go to the Steam website and vote for the RWBY video game to be published on Steam through Greenlight. Beginning Oct. 14, the RWBY game will be available to vote for on Steam.
*The RWBY video game is described as a mix of Dynasty Warriors and with elements of Left 4 Dead gameplay. The original voice cast will be starring in the game with a new villain and story.
*The RWBY panel then revealed that the first two episodes will be released on Oct. 24 but the third episode of Volume 3 wouldn’t come out on time because of the Extra Life Charity Stream that Rooster Teeth is holding.
*Kerry admitted that because of the nature of the break between episode 2 and 3, that episode 2 will end on a big cliffhanger that was originally not intended so he apologized in advance.
*Stills from the first episode were shown and Luna revealed that even now the animation team is polishing up the first two episodes only a few weeks before release. *The scripts for the entire season is complete and principle animation is almost done.
*The animation team for Rooster Teeth actually jumped from the end of Red vs Blue to RWBY after a short break. So it’s been almost non-stop for the team.
*Each episode will be 12 minutes (give or take) with some being longer. Concept art for episodes 7 and 8 have started while animation on episode 5 is wrapping up. The team will continue to work on the season even when it premieres.
*RWBY Volume 3 is slated to end at the end of January.
Old 2015-10-10, 18:26   Link #2704
bakato

Continent on the upper left looks like a dragon.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 19:08   Link #2705
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Dynasty Warriors? I was expecting something more action bmup-ish.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 20:02   Link #2706
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post
Pfft...that fight...felt like it was running in slow-motion. Yeah, the animation fidelity has taken a massive bump, but in all honesty, the fights need to be sped up by like 100% to have the same feel to them that they had before.

And furthermore, story was never RWBY's strong point. It's a bunch of passable unoriginal blah-blah to keep the story moving so we could go from one amazing action sequence to the next.

Rip that out, and RWBY's going to be decidedly mediocre.
As for the fights, they had more or less the same speed as the previous seasons so I'm not really sure what you're looking for.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-10, 20:48   Link #2707
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I personally agree that the world building in RWBY isn't the best, it's interesting but at best it's average and we've seen similar stuff before, the best thing about it is the fights and (to a lesser extent) the characters.
Yeah--Renmant's got huge-ass potential for being an interesting world--there's the origin and nature of the Grimm, the whole issue of how human society developed* in a Death World where settling outside exceptionally defensible areas leads to brutal death (eg. Mountain Glenn), the ways in which the "magic" of Dust have been repurposed into technology, where Dust actually comes from (and if there's some long-term cost being exacted on the environment), how the Faunus fit in, what was the nature of the big war eighty years ago (and how the kingdoms managed to get caught up in fighting each other when, y'know, Grimm), why the moon's got a chunk blasted out of it. All kinds of stuff, honestly.

But yeah, we basically get the bare minimum of that to move between fights. Honestly, I get the idea that they haven't actually thought about it yet. (Possibly on purpose, to not write themselves into a corner--you can't plothole yourself when you haven't mentioned some detail to get snagged on.) Similarly, the characters are all well-crafted and visually distinct and seem to have the potential for depth and development, but we don't really see very much of it.

(Truthfully? I think it comes down to time and budget. Give RWBY double the length of each episode to explore things fully, go into the stuff that gets skipped over (like, exactly how did Team RWBY and Team JNPR become close friends? It happened--we see the effects on-screen repeatedly--but how? Or, how did Blake and Velvet get to know each other? Does Vel know that Blake is a Faunus, too, the way Sun seemed to recognize it immediately?), and it could be brilliant. As it stands, it's entertaining and fun, but there are also so many moments where you have to wince because they could have done it better.)

*For example, remember that communications tower from early V2? And how you might have been thinking, "what's the big deal?" And then stop to consider--in Remnant, it's impossible to connect distant cities by cable. No telegraph lines, no phone lines, no fiber optics. They had to invent wireless transmission just to talk to anyone outside the immediate city.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 00:34   Link #2708
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

OP for Volume 3:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 00:48   Link #2709
Raviel

^Qrow confirmed to be the 4th wheel in his team's love triangle
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 01:37   Link #2710
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well that group pic of Qrow's team just gave away massive spoilers... not to mention this possibility that Qrow and Winter apparently know each other.

And that bit of drama at the end of the OP... tonal change for this season?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 01:49   Link #2711
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There's so many freaking questions unleashed by the OP sequence that my head is reeling from it.
And yeah, Ruby is gonna face the harsh reality regarding the competitive nature of the Vytal Tournament, among other things, now that she'll reunite with Qrow.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 01:51   Link #2712
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Yeah, the new Op definitely confirms who Raven is.
Old 2015-10-16, 02:51   Link #2713
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Is it me or Blake's boobs got bigger? lol

Looking forward to RWBY Vol.3 and Yang VS Tifa, two of my favorite girls. I just hope they don't under equip Tifa like they did Cloud without any weapon changing.

Also Yang again getting beaten up in the tournament? She's like Tifa in Dead Fantasy in the start Tifa was kicking ass and taking names in the end Yang like Tifa is suffering getting beaten up most of the time. Hope we get to see a comeback in the tourney.
Old 2015-10-16, 04:20   Link #2714
Twi

The music wasn't to my liking, but huzzah for Qrow finally appearing.

Game footage:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Twi; 2015-10-16 at 17:13.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 22:41   Link #2715
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Whoa, so many new characters!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 23:07   Link #2716
Wandering Soul

I'm not really fond of the song but it was nice to see Qrow's old team.

Looks like things will get harsh for Ruby and the rest of her team during this season.
Old 2015-10-17, 03:27   Link #2717
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

RWBY manga confirmed!
Old 2015-10-17, 05:52   Link #2718
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Illustrated by Miwa Shirow, one of my favorite artist.
Old 2015-10-17, 08:34   Link #2719
Twi

Manga, Game, Web-show, Monty left behind a real legacy.
Old 2015-10-17, 12:52   Link #2720
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I'll let this reddit post speak for itself:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby