AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2016-03-25, 21:38   Link #21
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Wow so the entire cast of Danganronpa 2 are going to be in it as well. I guess their "deaths" in the virtual world didn't actually kill them. No sign of Nanami though which makes sense.

Kind of makes me feel bad for those who really liked characters who died in the first game.
Are they in it, or rather will they be important to the plot? Kodaka wrote on Twitter that Danganronpa 2's story is complete as well as the characters' stories. And he won't forcefully write them into 3 just for cheap fanservice.
Old 2016-03-25, 21:46   Link #22
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

They were all in that trailer with redesigns at the very end so I'd say that's proof enough they're in this. How relevant they'll be to the plot I can't say but it looks like the most important ones will be Hajime and Nagito since they're at the front.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-25, 22:00   Link #23
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
The Danganronpa 2 cast are getting their own Danganronpa 3 anime. The announcement at the end of the trailer is that the anime airing this summer is "Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy: Future Arc" but there is also a "Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy: Despair Arc" anime being developed which focuses on the Danganronpa 2 cast.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-25, 22:07   Link #24
Kurohane

Why does the art for Danganronpa 2 characters look so weird compared to everything else?
Old 2016-03-25, 22:08   Link #25
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The ending of Danganronpa 2 sort of suggested that the cast don't necessarily look in reality like how they were in the actual... setting.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-25, 22:12   Link #26
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The ending of Danganronpa 2 sort of suggested that the cast don't necessarily look in reality like how they were in the actual... setting.
That's well understandable, but what I'm talking about is the shift in art style. It didn't look refined, more like fan art.
Old 2016-03-26, 00:15   Link #27
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
That's well understandable, but what I'm talking about is the shift in art style. It didn't look refined, more like fan art.
Same style, different shading. SDR2 cast's art looks brighter (colorful) and have less shading, probably it's not their finished art.

Or maybe they choose having more colorful palette for Despair-arc due to it taking place before the incident.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-26, 02:21   Link #28
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I don't think it has been brought up in the thread that the Despair Arc, focusing on the DR2 cast, is a prequel that explains their...circumstances.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-26, 09:47   Link #29
Kurohane

Both arcs will air simultaneously.
Old 2016-04-28, 11:07   Link #30
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Ughh, this is disappointing. I like SDR2 a lot more than DR, and it seems it will never get its anime adaptation now .

What a strange direction the producers took, despite SDR2 game being a lot more popular than DR.

And where the hell is Togami and Fukawa? See none of them here. Are they still busy with leftover business in DR: Another with Komaru?
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 14:10   Link #31
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Ughh, this is disappointing. I like SDR2 a lot more than DR, and it seems it will never get its anime adaptation now .

What a strange direction the producers took, despite SDR2 game being a lot more popular than DR.

And where the hell is Togami and Fukawa? See none of them here. Are they still busy with leftover business in DR: Another with Komaru?
It's hard to animate game with many paths.
That why we have Devil Survivor 2 the animation instead of Devil Survivor 1.

By the way, second game already out in steam
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 14:36   Link #32
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post

By the way, second game already out in steam
SDR2 only had one ending though
Old 2016-04-28, 21:59   Link #33
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Uh, both Devil Survivors has six endings. The reason they chose to animate the 2nd one was because it served as promotion for the 3DS port.

And yes, SDR2 only has one ending, the only drawback in SDR2 is (feels?) much longer than DR1, that it won't fit 1 cour slot without massive butchering worse than DR1.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 13:58   Link #34
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
Uh, both Devil Survivors has six endings. The reason they chose to animate the 2nd one was because it served as promotion for the 3DS port.

And yes, SDR2 only has one ending, the only drawback in SDR2 is (feels?) much longer than DR1, that it won't fit 1 cour slot without massive butchering worse than DR1.
If my memory is right, DS2 NDS version only have 4 ending.
While DS have many endings (All characters you can used have their own endings)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 00:54   Link #35
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
Then i have to wonder, why can't they make a two-cour SDR2 anime instead, if they have the capabilities to make 2 simultaneous one-cour shows for DR3 now?

From another post in this thread it seem the producers gave up on making SDR2 anime before deciding on making DR3 anime. Maybe after the lackluster DR anime they decide that the games just aren't well-translated to anime format?
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-10, 00:21   Link #36
Brother Coa
Banned

Anime storyline revealed.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 11:32   Link #37
com_gwp

WHAT.

Quote:

Ultimate Gamer Chiaki Nanami (VA: Kana Hanazawa) will be appearing in Danganronpa 3's Zetsubou-Hen.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201607/03109967.html
You know, it's going to be really weird when it comes to the discussion of this series; are we just assuming that all spoilers from the previous (non-animated) games are in fair territory?
Old 2016-07-04, 09:22   Link #38
com_gwp

So I'm getting pretty pumped about some of the things I'm hearing from prescreenings, and I wanna bring this thread up to speed on the release information before the two animes land next week.

Quote:
Release Information:

"Mirai-Hen" (Future Arc) will premiere on July 11 (Mon) at 11pm JST / 7am PST /10am EST
This is the direct sequel to Danganronpa 2, which will conclude the Hope's Peak trilogy. It opens with Naegi facing punishment for his actions in DR2 and members of Future Foundation thrown into a new survival game

"Zetsubou-Hen" (Despair Arc) starts July 14 (Thurs) at 11:30pm JST / 7:30am PST / 10:30am EST
This is the direct prequel to Danganronpa 2 and features the backstory to the Remnants of Despair

Both arcs will run every week on the Tokyo MX and BS11 channels. Funimation will be simucasting both arcs.
At the prescreening event it was said there will also be a "special airing" in front of the premiere of both episodes. (Most likely an introduction/refresher to both arcs, according to the official website)

Kazutaka Kodaka (series creator) : Original scenario and overall supervision
Seiji Kishi : Chief director
Daisei Fukuoka : Director
Norimitsu Kaiho : Scenario compositon
Masafumi Takada (series composer) : Composer
LERCHE : Animation Studio

Character in Mirai-Hen
Spoiler for spoiler for size:

Character in Zetsubou-Hen
And in case anyone needs a refresher on the DR2 characters (or watching this fresh; what are you even doing here),

Spoiler for Despair Arc Character:

And one last thing from the prescreening event...

Spoiler for surprise character appearance:

Source: official website, release info, Reddit
I might've complained about it at the start, but now that we're here, I am fairly excited to see how this all ends. More revelations about Future Foundation after the DR:AE teasings, hints that the two arcs will connect in some ways, and - starting with Chiaki and our surprise character - expansion of plot points from the previous games. I'm not expecting the world from our favorite director Seiji Kishi and studio Lerche, but who knows; Kodaka and Takada's presence is heartening, and there might just be some hope that this could all end as a nice wrap-up for the series.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2016-07-04 at 09:48.
Old 2016-07-04, 09:59   Link #39
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Oh God HanaKana as Chiaki.

Also the nature of the DR2 prequel arc sort of spoils one of the bigger twists in DR2.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 22:53   Link #40
Nayim

Three minutes of new Dangan Ronpa 3 PV.