AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 24 Rating
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 52 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 31 19.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good... 16 10.26%
6 out of 10 : Average... 9 5.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 4 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 2 1.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.64%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 16 10.26%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-12-15, 15:06   Link #21
Neps

This episode was amazing! The end bit, when Heathcliff gave him the Seed hints for a new Season doesn't it? I really hope they continue the series
Neps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 15:07   Link #22
The Green One

*chuckles at Yui's "I KILL YOU" expression*
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 15:15   Link #23
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I gave it a 7. Was a bit disappointing.
Old 2012-12-15, 15:16   Link #24
Ryousha
«Hecate»

Episode was okay at best, the hype got to me and I was expecting something more out of Kirito destroying Oberon.
Ryousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 15:17   Link #25
Awrya
U mad?

Reunion? Check.
Creepy villain laugh? Check.
Creepy villain face? Check.
Creepy villain demise? Check.
Kayaba coming back as a cyber ghost? Check.

Next episode will probably be the epilogue, we will know what that world seed is.
Old 2012-12-15, 15:18   Link #26
Ryousha
«Hecate»

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Reunion? Check.
Creepy villain laugh? Check.
Creepy villain face? Check.
Creepy villain demise? Check.
Kayaba coming back as a cyber ghost? Check.

Next episode will probably be the epilogue, we will know what that world seed is.
I felt like if they had 26 episodes instead of 25, it would make the pacing a bit less rushed.
Ryousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 15:20   Link #27
bastek66

Retarded episode.
Spoiler for fun shit:

Poor villain's poor demise. It was over the top, in bad way.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 15:41   Link #28
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

This was pretty much the Dio show for the most of the episode.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 15:42   Link #29
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Retarded episode.
Spoiler for fun shit:

Poor villain's poor demise. It was over the top, in bad way.
And yet he had it coming. Considering his cringeworthy antics, however cheesy.
Old 2012-12-15, 15:45   Link #30
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Oh goodie, another bullshit episode to add to this series' pile of disappointments.

Looks like the show is being contradictory with it's reality/virtual world crap again. Kirito gains a high-level GM access panel from Kayaba and god only knows how that happened. Sugou proceeds to rip off and remove clothing from Asuna's avatar which should be physically impossible. Finally Kirito proceeds to murder Sugou's avatar in an incredibly grim way which again shouldn't be possible since this is a goddamn video game.

All common sense pretty much just flew out the window for this episode for the sake of making an over-the-top climax. I enjoy cool stuff a lot of the time no matter how nonsensical it is like Kirito's beast transformation, but even this was too stupid for me.

What was with Sugou licking and smelling Asuna so much anyway? What is she a piece of candy?

Thank god the finale is next week before this show starts getting even worse than it currently is. Guess we'll get a bit of closure with Kazuto and Asuna finally meeting up in the real world and explaining just what this "World Seed" is.
Old 2012-12-15, 15:48   Link #31
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Why am I forseeing dojinshi from the shackled Asuna?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 15:59   Link #32
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Sugou proceeds to rip off and remove clothing from Asuna's avatar which should be physically impossible. Finally Kirito proceeds to murder Sugou's avatar in an incredibly grim way which again shouldn't be possible since this is a goddamn video game.
Do tell, why should those things be "physically impossible because it's a videogame"? Videogames change over time. Things that were impossible in older games, are now possible in newer games. What's possible varies from game to game depending on what the developer put in. Flight was impossible in SAO, it's entirely possible in ALO. This is just one example in series as to how you're wrong.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 16:01   Link #33
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Looks like the show is being contradictory with it's reality/virtual world crap again. Kirito gains a high-level GM access panel from Kayaba and god only knows how that happened. Sugou proceeds to rip off and remove clothing from Asuna's avatar which should be physically impossible. Finally Kirito proceeds to murder Sugou's avatar in an incredibly grim way which again shouldn't be possible since this is a goddamn video game.
Kayaba stuff notwithstanding, I'm not sure why the stuff you mention wouldn't be possible just because it's a video game. For Asuna's clothes, they're specially designed by Sugou, so there's no reason why they couldn't be composed of these sorts of pieces. (And just because players remove clothing using the menu options doesn't mean that's the only way clothing can be damaged or taken off. If they're modeled as cloth (etc.) they should rip.) As for the gruesome death, if they modelled the players as objects and you're using a free-form battle system (not prescribed skills), I'm not sure that it's that impossible in that sort of open VR space (that isn't part of the normal dual system). They already showed in SAO that you can cut-off limbs in this engine (i.e. what happened to Kirito back in Episode 10).

(As for the smell stuff... he obviously has some sort of fetish, replicating her smell from the real world and all. Of course it's meant to be creepy...)
Old 2012-12-15, 16:01   Link #34
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Did the guy die in real life? The pain absorber was set to 0 and he was killed. He stated that if the pain absorber was 3 it'll start affect your body in the real world.
Old 2012-12-15, 16:01   Link #35
ookamigirl

Yui and Kirito finally inside!
They managed to find Asuna too.
That was a really nice reunion ^^
Well, it didn't take long for the bad guy to appear.
He sure is a crazy one...
Sugou vs Kirito was short, pathetic,but very satisfying.
Asuna finally free.. about time too.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 16:04   Link #36
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Did the guy die in real life? The pain absorber was set to 0 and he was killed. He stated that if the pain absorber was 3 it'll start affect your body in the real world.
It won't kill you, but it would be horrifically painful and could potentially cause physical complications in real life. Getting hacked apart would be agonizing enough, but to have it amplified could probably make you go into physical shock.

I suppose if the sensations went on long enough maybe you could die. But your avatar can only take so much before it dies and the torture ends.
Old 2012-12-15, 16:05   Link #37
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Quote:
Well I don't see how it's not possible I mean how did Kirito steal Leafa's sword in that duel? If that's possible why not ripping off their clothes. I think it was possible in SAO so why would it not be possble for AFO
Old 2012-12-15, 16:07   Link #38
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Do tell, why should those things be "physically impossible because it's a videogame"? Videogames change over time. Things that were impossible in older games, are now possible in newer games. What's possible varies from game to game depending on what the developer put in. Flight was impossible in SAO, it's entirely possible in ALO. This is just one example in series as to how you're wrong.
Too bad it isn't believable. If Sugou pulled up a console or something and input a command to remove Asuna's clothes that would be more believable.

It should also impossible for Sugou's avatar to be lingering in segments after it's HP has been depleted. The cut-off hand was okay as that was shown as a status ailment in the SAO arc and things can still survive while a missing limb. There's no way his character could survive completely without the lower half of it's body. His HP should have been 0 at that point and thus his character should have disappeared.
Old 2012-12-15, 16:08   Link #39
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
It won't kill you, but it would be horrifically painful and could potentially cause physical complications in real life. Getting hacked apart would be agonizing enough, but to have it amplified could probably make you go into physical shock.

I suppose if the sensations went on long enough maybe you could die. But your avatar can only take so much before it dies and the torture ends.
But how is that possible lets say in SAO they said if you take off the helmet it'll microwave your brain. But how is causing physical harm to the body when the nev gear is only your head. I can see it being head damage or something but not physical body damage.
Old 2012-12-15, 16:09   Link #40
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We saw as early as episode 2 that worn clothing could be torn/destroyed while it's worn without having to use the inventory menu to unequip it. Remember when Illfang tried to slash Asuna and only destroyed her cloak instead?