AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-29, 07:32   Link #121
ReddyRedWolf

Well as I said given their perchance to violence and not knowing their intentions I wouldn't turn over Rena also.

But it seems to be it isn't Ingrid, Kei or Abel that is running the show but that shota jerk.

I think it is a forgone conclusion that Regalia and their contracted persons don't age. Which means Enastoria will have a young looking empress for a long time.

Just a theory Ingrid's motivation is to bring back her people from wherever they disappeared from.

Other countries though would not appreciate Rimgald creating super weapons though.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 07:38   Link #122
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 4:
I don't know whether Rena is a bit rusty or she's not in the good mood, but it's sucks to see her getting beaten by one of Ingrid's military aide. Meanwhile, I bet that Johann will betray Ingrid at one point and speaking of Ingrid, I can't believe that she's the princess of Rimgarde! Then again, I still don't know what they're planning to do with Rena.

On the other hand, I think Rena should depend on Yui and vice-versa, instead of protecting the Empress by herself. C'mon, they're sisters even thought they're not blood-related! In any case, it's sucks that I'll have to wait for the new episode in late September!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 07:45   Link #123
xizro345
King's Justice

Some twitter messages from the producer (I believe):

https://twitter.com/Infinitedayo/sta...80853590482944

https://twitter.com/Infinitedayo/sta...81437009727489

https://twitter.com/Infinitedayo/sta...81437009727489

Basically new cuts, refocus on animation and sound (I believe the sound effects were heavily criticized), story will remain essentially the same (obvious but I saw people around believing otherwise).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 08:50   Link #124
VORTIA

Excellent news! I'm really looking forward to the shows return, it waa my favorite this season!
VORTIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 10:06   Link #125
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
(obvious but I saw people around believing otherwise).
Rather than "believing", I'd rather put it as "hoping" if not outright "wanting" of some improvement to the story . But yeah, we were aware of the odds. But hey, we still got what? 8 more episodes? There's still hope that the writing and execution will get better.
Old 2016-07-29, 11:58   Link #126
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Rather than "believing", I'd rather put it as "hoping" if not outright "wanting" of some improvement to the story . But yeah, we were aware of the odds. But hey, we still got what? 8 more episodes? There's still hope that the writing and execution will get better.
In a month you cannot change a script in a meaningful way. Also I'm fine with the script as it is. I think other, more famous writers (see: Okada for example) have a way worse track record than the one writing this show.
Old 2016-07-29, 12:11   Link #127
Ryuga

I've not been feeling this series so far, but episode 4 was easily the best episode so far and showed promise, so it's a shame they've delayed things right at this point. Rena reeked of desperation this episode in her desire to protect Yui and Abel was tossing her around like a ragdoll (that was really badarse lol). Rena's actually my fave character at the moment, she's a cute girl with a bit of an edge with all the darkness and stuff. I'm a sucker for it. As the episode pointed out, Yui and Rena are trying to take on too much by themselves and they don't realise that those they want to protect can also help them. I liked the bridge repair moment and it assuring Yui that she needn't worry too much about her people.

Taking a page from Tia and Sara, Yui and Rena have to work together and form a contract if they want to use the Alecto to its full potential. They can't worry about each other's safety anymore, they have to stop putting it off and take the plunge and they've realised that. I also like that they were honest with each other, admitted their worries to each other and will overcome it.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 14:13   Link #128
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Sad to see that we weren't able to see Ingrid's Regalia appear yet. Just dislike we have to wait until October before we see it.
Old 2016-07-29, 16:06   Link #129
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Is too bad this is going on break. I didn't think they were doing a poor job in terms of the visual quality. But, such is how it goes.

Will just be left curious about where things are going to go for a bit. At least the wait isn't that long.
Old 2016-07-29, 20:09   Link #130
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
In a month you cannot change a script in a meaningful way.
Like I said: "we were aware of the odds", but we were hoping against the odds. That's the point. You know, like Phil Collins' song

Quote:
I think other, more famous writers (see: Okada for example) have a way worse track record than the one writing this show.
Meh, I judge the writing of the show, not the writer. He can have the best track record ever but if Regalia's writing is mediocre then it's just mediocre to me.
Old 2016-07-30, 00:25   Link #131
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Meh, I judge the writing of the show, not the writer. He can have the best track record ever but if Regalia's writing is mediocre then it's just mediocre to me.
I don't see all that "bad" stuff in Regalia, compared to other series.
Old 2016-07-30, 02:15   Link #132
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I don't see all that "bad" stuff in Regalia, compared to other series.
I never said it's bad (read my previous posts). I said it was mediocre/so-so/passable so far. It can either get better, worse or stay the same from here on, who knows? I'm hoping for the former.

Also, I agree with Ryuga below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
I've not been feeling this series so far, but episode 4 was easily the best episode so far and showed promise,
Old 2016-07-30, 06:13   Link #133
Trung-t-rung

I honestly feel this show to be one of the better one this season. Compare to, said IBO, that started strong but losing steam half-way and become a borefest during the end, I'd rather take the slow approach of this show.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 06:50   Link #134
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
I never said it's bad (read my previous posts). I said it was mediocre/so-so/passable so far. It can either get better, worse or stay the same from here on, who knows? I'm hoping for the former.
I hope nothing, as with any series I watch. You'll just get disappointed with this attitude, IMO.
Old 2016-07-30, 06:59   Link #135
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I hope less...

Quote:
I hope nothing, as with any series I watch. You'll just get disappointed with this attitude, IMO.
It's not like the attitude is intentional most of the time.
Old 2016-07-30, 07:15   Link #136
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
I honestly feel this show to be one of the better one this season. Compare to, said IBO, that started strong but losing steam half-way and become a borefest during the end, I'd rather take the slow approach of this show.
Hey, at least (by your own words) IBO had strong start compared to the weak start of Regalia. Also, IBO is a journey story. It's bound to have strong start and then fluctuate in the middle and then when it's near the end. And your claim for prefering slow approach of this show seems full of double-standard when you criticize the slow parts of IBO .

Also, you're starting something here. Are you sure you want to go down this path of debating whether IBO is better than this show further with me? I could take you on and go on about it but it will derail this thread for sure. So I prefer to stop this here. If you want to continue, send me a PM or VM or bring it to a more proper thread.

Quote:
Uh, hoping for something good is part of human nature and the essence of intelligent beings, you know . Sure, I'll be disappointed from time to time, but I also got pleasantly surprised when I found something real good. That's what you get for having a standard. Or else you'll just swallow all kinds of entertainment out there and unable to measure their merits.
Old 2016-07-30, 07:23   Link #137
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

by the way, has anyone pointed out what is up with this series using the ever dreaded & repetitive the Inception movie's blaring horns sound effects?
ever since that noise was used in any movies it has become the most annoying sound effect ever & makes me think lacking any creativity, now imagine a new Toy Story trailer with that horn noise.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 08:10   Link #138
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:

Uh, hoping for something good is part of human nature and the essence of intelligent beings, you know . Sure, I'll be disappointed from time to time, but I also got pleasantly surprised when I found something real good. That's what you get for having a standard. Or else you'll just swallow all kinds of entertainment out there and unable to measure their merits.
Regalia got its 3 seconds of interest due to the rebroadcast news. In a week or so everyone but the people who watch it will have forgotten it. So why bother going into detail with hopes and expectations? Besides, interest aside, this show is doomed to fail at sales (and it surely hurt Actas as well).

As much as I'd like to discuss certain anime I watch in more detail (bad or good, including this one), I think it just a waste of the time for the people reading this forum.

Quote:
by the way, has anyone pointed out what is up with this series using the ever dreaded & repetitive the Inception movie's blaring horns sound effects?
ever since that noise was used in any movies it has become the most annoying sound effect ever & makes me think lacking any creativity, now imagine a new Toy Story trailer with that horn noise
The producer mentioned in the tweets I posted earlier that they'll refocus on sound effects as well, so there may be changes in that department.
Old 2016-07-30, 11:00   Link #139
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
By the way, any news on what cause the delay other than quality issues?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 11:57   Link #140
Kazu-kun

If you look at the preorder ranking, only idol anime are selling. And Love Live alone is so ahead all the other shows is not even funny.

All in all, this wasn't the right season for an anime like Regalia. Even if it was perfect in all accounts, it still wouldn't have sold well this season.

Also lack of advertisement really hurts this project. Infinity doesn't have the money for the sort of promotional stunts huge production houses like Aniplex can pull off. Just last season Aniplex managed to force Haifuri to reach 8k by advertisement power alone.